Rejectwatch 2010

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejectwatch 2010

Post by Nessafox »

another victory for vandepoele in the Belgian Touring Car series with the volvo S60, the 4th win this season for him and radermecker.
he came second in the second race
Though it wasn't enough to beat 'fred bull' bouvy's more consistent renault megane to the title
but anyway, it's good to see 2 decent works teams apart from the hopelessly unreliable kia's, the slow jaguar, and the slow and unreliably vw's, and a decent private bmw, still, the 'silhoutte' concept is pretty much dead (except for the megane eurocup) so they should start to consider to allow cars from other touring car championships, you just can't excite people with a bunch of renault clio's and bmw diesels to fill the field
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

French One-Timers Stephane Sarrazin (Minardi 99) and Franck Montangny (Super Aguri 2006) have won the 1000KMS of Zhuhai, the final round of the Mini-Series which has already been to Silverstone and Road Atlanta, Peugeot ending up winning all three races...

...Not without the help of Sebastien Bourdais, in the other Peugeot 908 who did a good job whilst being lapped by the 2nd place Audi R15+ of Tom Kristensen (Sharing with Allan McNish), Seb was able to hold up the Dane for a long time without being pinged for ignoring blue flags.

The Porsche Factory 911 with Williams' Flywheel KERS finished 6th overall, ahead of all the similar non-recovery GT2 Spec Machinery, the system that will not be used in next years F1 championship, so, you know, your loss.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Ricardo Rosset has won the Brazilian Porsche 997 Supercup, with two rounds remaining.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Scott Speed is getting dropped from his NASCAR drive at the end of the year because he isn't doing well, only he didn't get into a punchout with the team manager...

Where will he go? Who knows. Who cares really...

Max Papis lost his Sprint Cup ride, but he remains with the Germain Racing team to run their Camping World Truck next season. Papis clearly wants to be good in NASCAR, and can you blame his enthusiasm? I think not!

Justin Wilson confirmed his return to Dreyer and Reinbold in IndyCar.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Narain Karthikeyan has won the NASCAR Truck Series' prestigious Most Popular Driver award for 2010 - despite competing in only 9 of the season's 25 events. It's the first time a foreign (read: non-US) driver has won this (or any NASCAR) award that is decided by an online voting.

Chinese F1 Idol winner Ho-Pin Tung has been testing an IndyCar at Sebring for Alex Tagliani's FAZZT Race Team. They are considering him for their 2nd car that they intend to run besides Tagliani's in the IZOD IndyCar Series.

Yes, both of them are not quite rejects, but both are quite important characters to all F1Rejects podcast listeners out there.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Yannick wrote:Narain Karthikeyan has won the NASCAR Truck Series' prestigious Most Popular Driver award for 2010 - despite competing in only 9 of the season's 25 events. It's the first time a foreign (read: non-US) driver has won this (or any NASCAR) award that is decided by an online voting.

Chinese F1 Idol winner Ho-Pin Tung has been testing an IndyCar at Sebring for Alex Tagliani's FAZZT Race Team. They are considering him for their 2nd car that they intend to run besides Tagliani's in the IZOD IndyCar Series.

Yes, both of them are not quite rejects, but both are quite important characters to all F1Rejects podcast listeners out there.

Perhaps cherry motors of china will provide engines and aero kit to power our CHINESE IDOL!!!!!
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Are there any more events left this year?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

ADx_Wales wrote:Are there any more events left this year?

Well, we have the last DTM race tomorrow, featuring Markus Winkelhock starting from P5. But with the arena of chaos the Shanghai Street Circuit is and with Winkelhock's incapability of finishing this year I doubt I will have much to say tomorrow. :D
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Also two more rounds of the GT1 World Championship. There's a good battle for the lead between Enrique Bernoldi and Tomas Enge in the qualifying race right now.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

In a surprisingly eventless race, Markus Winkelhock finished seventh in the last DTM race of the season in front of Coulthard who takes his first point.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:In a surprisingly eventless race, Markus Winkelhock finished seventh in the last DTM race of the season in front of Coulthard who takes his first point.

And possible future F1 reject (and recent Force India Friday driver) Paul di Resta is 2010 DTM champ.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Well, Enrique Bernoldi and Xandi Negrao bounced back from a penalty in the qualifying race to take a home race win in the GT1 championship race at Interlagos. Looking through the field, we also had Michael Bartels, Tomas Enge, Lucky Bastard Ricardo Zonta, attempted 1995 Larrousse driver Christophe Bouchut, and test drivers Nicky Pastorelli, Peter Dumbreck, Neel Jani, Matteo Bobbi, Bas Leinders and Andrea Bertolini, in addition to Daniel Serra, son of 1980s reject Chico Serra. Oh, and Karl Wendlinger.
--Nigel Roebuck
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Well the final round of the V8s at the Sydney Telstra 500 is this weekend and former Jaguar test driver James Courtney is in a battle for the championship with reigning champion Jamie Whincup.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:Well the final round of the V8s at the Sydney Telstra 500 is this weekend and former Jaguar test driver James Courtney is in a battle for the championship with reigning champion Jamie Whincup.

Don't forget Frosty - I know, he's not going to win, and he drives a Ford, but you have to get these things right! :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Scott Speed has reportedly been dropped from Red Bull's NASCAR Sprint Cup lineup for next year. It is not known yet whether he and the sweet drink will stick together or where he will find a ride for next season. I guess he'd be a good fit for IndyCar, but who knows if Red Bull want to re-enter the series?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Yannick wrote:Scott Speed has reportedly been dropped from Red Bull's NASCAR Sprint Cup lineup for next year. It is not known yet whether he and the sweet drink will stick together or where he will find a ride for next season. I guess he'd be a good fit for IndyCar, but who knows if Red Bull want to re-enter the series?

Why not, lots of people and or entities are jumping on the INDYCAR band wagon of late. Would bring a bit of character to the series . . . . . in a buffoon-ish way. How many F1 points did scott amass? Let me go check . . . . oh . . .ZERO.
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/driver/1236.html
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Michel Bartels has won the World GT1 title in the VitaFone Maserati, Tomas Enge was in the running for that title but did not finish 3rd in the first of 2 races around the greatest "new" circuit of San Luis, the TV and Internet feed was commentated on by ex-Eurosport, F1 Digital+ and A1GP duo of Ben Edwards and John Watson

On the same weekend as the GT1 finale, Nolberto Fontana won the TC2000 championship, Argentina's own racing championship involving rather buzzy "touring cars".

Australia's touring car season came to an end around the Olympic Villiage in Sydney, Ex-Jag tester James Courtney finally wins a Title for Dick Johnson racing, the first time the Ford icon has won a championship since 1989. Only for Courtney to jump ship to Holden's works effort for 2011...so that should please Kostas:P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Who will fill the void at DJR? Steven Richards? Frosty? ALEX YOONG?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image