Rejectwatch 2010

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Rejectwatch 2010

Post by ADx_Wales »

Stephaine Sarrazin
Finished 4th in the Monte Carlo Rally, in a Super-2000 spec Pugeot 207, Part of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, a "cost-effective" WRC. Sarrazin has been rallying for at least 5 years now, the one-time Minardi driver, along with his co-driver Jacques Julien Renucci, finished 7 minutes behind eventual winner Mikko Hirvonen.

Rrrrrmmmmnnnnn Grrrrrrjjjjjnnnnnnnn
Fernando's perfect team mate in 2009 took part in last weekend's Andros Trophy held at Lens-en-Vercors
For those that dont know, the Andros Trophy is a winter series, that is held in the mountainous areas of France.
For those that dont realise that premise, the entire series is held ON ICE!

However, the man with no vowels, was the top scorer on the second race day, beating Alain Prost no less!

Rejects taking part in Daytona 24 Hours

Sebastien Bourdais
The Toro Rosso refugee ended up playing for Seville in some wierd football experiment, he will return to america with fellow Frenchmen Christophe Bouchut and Emmanuel Collard

Pedro Lamy
Will be sharing the SunTrust racing Dallara-Ford with Grand-Am regulars Max Angellelli and Wayne Taylor

Justin Wilson
Driving for Chip Ganassi, not only for this event but also the IndyCar team

Another Indycar entrant for 2010 will be Robert Doornbos, honouring his contract with HVM Racing, and along with Justin Wilson, will be taking to the streets of Sao Paolo for Indycar round 1, on the 14th of March.
Last edited by ADx_Wales on 30 Jan 2010, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: Rejectwatch 2010

Post by eytl »

Nice idea for a thread. Would be a good thing to keep up throughout 2010.

I'll add Jan Lammers, whom we originally missed as competing in the truck category of the Dakar Rally this year. He retired during stage 7 in his Ginaf that he was sharing with Gotlib and Megens.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ricardo Zonta is also competing at Daytona, for Krohn Racing.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Nice work, keep the research going!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

dr-baker wrote:Ricardo Zonta is also competing at Daytona, for Krohn Racing.

Zonta finished 6th three times in F1, he is a "Lucky Bastard"
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Ricardo Zonta is also competing at Daytona, for Krohn Racing.

Zonta finished 6th three times in F1, he is a "Lucky Bastard"

Sorry, forgot to check whether he was a reject or not. Just assumed he was... and he only just escaped it... :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Rejects in NASCAR 2010

Max PapisItaly
Driving #13 for Germain Racing using a Toyota "Camry", the part-time Footwork driver was 43rd in the 2009 Rankings, he is announced for 2010, but is more likely to be roped in for the road courses of Infineon Sears Point, and Watkins Glen.

Scott SpeedCalifornia
The last American in F1, Scott Speed is still backed by Red Bull (I think), who will also be using the Toyota powered car (that looks suspiciously like everyone elses), Speed has had to "make do" with being in Speedway and Oval based forms of racing since 2008, and was 36th overall in the 2009 season.

Juan Pablo Montoya is also in NASCAR, not forgetting the 2-time V8 Supercar champion Macros Ambrose, both of whom have been consistent enough to take on the likes of Jimmy Jimmy Junior, Carlos Reuttiman and Travis Falafel, Montoya for instance has qualified on pole on some of the super-speedways.

American viewers will no doubt know what networks are broadcasting the almost-weekly events, but for those who arent residing state-side, here are the ineternational TV channels.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:Rejects in NASCAR 2010

Max PapisItaly
Driving #13 for Germain Racing using a Toyota "Camry", the part-time Footwork driver was 43rd in the 2009 Rankings, he is announced for 2010, but is more likely to be roped in for the road courses of Infineon Sears Point, and Watkins Glen.

Scott SpeedCalifornia
The last American in F1, Scott Speed is still backed by Red Bull (I think), who will also be using the Toyota powered car (that looks suspiciously like everyone elses), Speed has had to "make do" with being in Speedway and Oval based forms of racing since 2008, and was 36th overall in the 2009 season.

Juan Pablo Montoya is also in NASCAR, not forgetting the 2-time V8 Supercar champion Macros Ambrose, both of whom have been consistent enough to take on the likes of Jimmy Jimmy Junior, Carlos Reuttiman and Travis Falafel, Montoya for instance has qualified on pole on some of the super-speedways.

American viewers will no doubt know what networks are broadcasting the almost-weekly events, but for those who arent residing state-side, here are the ineternational TV channels.

Montoya does have a race win too, but it was on a road course.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

thehemogoblin wrote:Montoya does have a race win too, but it was on a road course.

Wasn't he denied a win at Indianapolis last year by a penalty of some sort? (God he must be beginning to hate the place now :lol: )
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

24 Hours of Daytona REJECT UPDATE: After 12.5 hours
Max Papis & Justin Wilson - Currently leading the race overall
Pedro Lamy - 12th overall, 23 laps down
Sebastian Bourdais: 25th overall, 44 laps down
Jan Magnussen: 8th overall, leading GT class

Other notable drivers
Juan Pablo Montoya - 36th overall, 136 laps down
Ricardo Zonta - 7th overall, 14 laps down
Jimmie Johnson - 4th overall, 3 laps down
Jeroen Bleekemolen - 24th overall, 13th in GT class
Patrick Dempsey - 17th overall, 8th in GT class
Aj Allmendinger - 3rd overall, 1 lap down
This is a cool spot.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

MinardiFan95 wrote:24 Hours of Daytona REJECT UPDATE: After 12.5 hours
Max Papis & Justin Wilson - Currently leading the race overall
Pedro Lamy - 12th overall, 23 laps down
Sebastian Bourdais: 25th overall, 44 laps down
Jan Magnussen: 8th overall, leading GT class

Other notable drivers
Juan Pablo Montoya - 36th overall, 136 laps down
Ricardo Zonta - 7th overall, 14 laps down
Jimmie Johnson - 4th overall, 3 laps down
Jeroen Bleekemolen - 24th overall, 13th in GT class
Patrick Dempsey - 17th overall, 8th in GT class
Aj Allmendinger - 3rd overall, 1 lap down

Another reject for the Daytona 24 Hours-- my apartment complex. They need to fix the damn TV so that I can get Speed.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

thehemogoblin wrote:Another reject for the Daytona 24 Hours-- my apartment complex. They need to fix the damn TV so that I can get Speed.

The Daytona 24 has been a reject since about 1998. What was once a world championship round devolved into a still important race and now into oblivion as merely a long distance national GT race. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about 'prototypes' that look more pathetic than an ACO-regulation LMGT1 car.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

RejectSteve wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:Another reject for the Daytona 24 Hours-- my apartment complex. They need to fix the damn TV so that I can get Speed.

The Daytona 24 has been a reject since about 1998. What was once a world championship round devolved into a still important race and now into oblivion as merely a long distance national GT race. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about 'prototypes' that look more pathetic than an ACO-regulation LMGT1 car.

It makes for a fantastic show. That's really all I'm in it for.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

ADx_Wales

Re: Rejectwatch 2010 Le Mans Series

Post by ADx_Wales »

The Le Mans Series, is the Europe based version of the American Le Mans Series (duh!), and there are 5 events, the first is an 8 hour race at the Paul Ricard HTTT, followed by the traditional distance (1000km) races at Spa, Portimao, The Hungaroring (pronounced HUN-GAH-ROH-Ring Jamie), and Silverstone.

And such a series cannot go amiss without several F1 Rejects, they are:-

- Jean-Marc Gounon

Once of Minardi, then Simtek, now Noël Del Bello Racing providing a Lola-Judd for the Frenchman to put his forgettable past behind him once again.

- Hideki Noda

The blink-and-you'll-miss-him appearance of the Japanese driver in F1 will probably be a blink-and-you'll-miss-him-again as he competes in the much ignored LMP2 category, the employer, German based KSM, will also run a Lola-Judd, only in its diet form,

- Gianmaria Bruni

The Italian carrion has been an AF Corse driver ever since his dissappearance from F1 circles, the team are running the Ferrari F430 in GT2, it will also be the team that are providing Giancarlo Fisichella with further employment, and a cameo appearance from Jean Alesi (more screentime than in Driven?)

This series will also play part to the re-appearance of Nigel Mansell to a competitive racing car, the team Beechdean-Mansell ( :-S ), will run a Ginetta badged Zytek, and his two sons, Greg and Leo, are also going to share the car for the first race, and are possibly attempting for the Le Mans 24 Hours itself.

"Lucky Bastard" Jean-Cristophe Bouillon is also taking to the LMP1s.
Last edited by ADx_Wales on 04 Feb 2010, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Jean-Catastrophe Bouillon doesn't qualify as a reject-he has a 5th and a 6th I think.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81272

They've announced an entry list for the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours (or Vingt-Quatre Heures du Mans, if you prefer). And they contain a fairly predictable list of regular Rejects that often compete at this endurance event: Bourdais, McNish, Boullion (although refer to previous post...), Albers, David Brabham, Enge, Magnussen and Olivier Beretta. Also competing are Wurz, Panis and, in no. 5, the Mansell clan of Nigel plus sons Leo and Greg.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Phoenix wrote:Jean-Catastrophe Bouillon doesn't qualify as a reject-he has a 5th and a 6th I think.

Damn the statistics, JCB was never good, he is a lucky lucky LUCKY lucky man.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ADx_Wales wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Jean-Catastrophe Bouillon doesn't qualify as a reject-he has a 5th and a 6th I think.

Damn the statistics, JCB was never good, he is a lucky lucky LUCKY lucky man.

A Lucky Bastard. Also, your avatar seems to have messed up in the same way as it was with Coops. :?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CRITICAL ALERT!!

Jean-Denis Deletraz has signed for Hexis Aston Martin, to run in the GT1 World Championship.

Just think about it...by the end of this year Deletraz would be one of the few official FIA World Champions! :mrgreen:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

kostas22 wrote:CRITICAL ALERT!!

Jean-Denis Deletraz has signed for Hexis Aston Martin, to run in the GT1 World Championship.

Just think about it...by the end of this year Deletraz would be one of the few official FIA World Champions! :mrgreen:

You beat me to it! But this is huge news. And it is good to see Jean-Denis talking up the publicocrap as well. :D

In all seriousness though, this looks like an excellent championship, going by the entry list. 24 cars, 6 manufacturers, four cars each, and what six types of cars they are: Aston Martin DB9, Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R, Maserati MC12, Ford GT, Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV. The ultimate supercar shoot-out, and because of the even field spread, less chance of one type of car running away with things. Balanced calendar as well - just a shame no race in Australia!
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

eytl wrote:

You beat me to it! But this is huge news. And it is good to see Jean-Denis talking up the publicocrap as well. :D

In all seriousness though, this looks like an excellent championship, going by the entry list. 24 cars, 6 manufacturers, four cars each, and what six types of cars they are: Aston Martin DB9, Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R, Maserati MC12, Ford GT, Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV. The ultimate supercar shoot-out, and because of the even field spread, less chance of one type of car running away with things. Balanced calendar as well - just a shame no race in Australia!

I'll be amazed if a works nissan entry is allowed to set foot in australian territory.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Last year's Reject of the Year winner, Nelson Piquet Jr, has qualified 7th for his first ARCA race at Daytona.
This is a cool spot.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Last year's Reject of the Year winner, Nelson Piquet Jr, has qualified 7th for his first ARCA race at Daytona.

Which means there'll be more people behind him ready to take him out :lol:
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

ADx_Wales wrote:
eytl wrote:

I'll be amazed if a works nissan entry is allowed to set foot in australian territory.

Why's that?

Saw that Ho-Pin Tung's driving a Pesky in Le Mans, good luck to him. Good luck to the JLOC team as well, let's see if they can make it past the first lap this time :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:Last year's Reject of the Year winner, Nelson Piquet Jr, has qualified 7th for his first ARCA race at Daytona.

Including Danica who qualified 12th...
MCard LOLA
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

I'm going to the GT1 World Championship at Silverstone this year. I'm going to make it my mission to get my picture taken with Deletraz.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:

One can always hope.
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

One can always hope.

Seems to have got people interested here though... I'm watching and will like to see a real driver beat these hicks lol... If Piquet builds a decent career in America out of his errors in F1, I'll have a smidge of respect for him for cutting his unnecessary reliance on his father massaging his ego, and Flav using him as a seat filler...
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

After some more irreverant F1 debate? Join http://www.f1-nation.ning.com!
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Mid-race-update: Piquet having a rather eventful race, causing two seperate (!) crashes involvong 9-times-ARCA-champion Frank Kimmel AND Danica Patrick. :roll:
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

Piquet put the kibosh on Pansy Patrick!!! But he's disappeared since :(
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Piquet ended up finishing 27th at Daytona after being involved in a number of incidents (as usual). Danica Patrick finished 6th.
This is a cool spot.
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Piquet ended up finishing 27th at Daytona after being involved in a number of incidents (as usual). Danica Patrick finished 6th.

I still think Piquet was impressive for the majority of the race, seeing as 1. he'd never driven a stock car in anger before... and 2. he'd never raced on an oval either, and thus wasn't privy to any of the oval racing rules and etiquette...

Patrick spends her whole season on a variety of ovals, and only had to get used to a heavier car...
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

That's true, and I was quite impressed by him as well.
But the fact that he managed to collide not only with media-darling Danica Patrick but also with the 9-times-ARCA-champion is still notewothry, right? :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Including Danica who qualified 12th...

Do I get any kudos or brownie points for predicting this before it happened?
MCard LOLA
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

P_Friesacher wrote:That's true, and I was quite impressed by him as well.
But the fact that he managed to collide not only with media-darling Danica Patrick but also with the 9-times-ARCA-champion is still notewothry, right? :)

It is, and it also shows he's not imtimidated by these guys, which I think he might've suffered with in F1, especially with Alonso across the garage...
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I think we'll find out just how good he is once he's put on a track that's not flat out for an entire lap, and where the slower traffic doesn't immediately go to the back but rather gets lapped...
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

watka wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:

Why's that?

Ive been trying to give a reason without resorting to a giant essay, its best you look up the 1992 Australian Touring Car Championship, and the Bathurst 1000 from the same year, also look for Mark Skaife and Jim Richards' history pages.

But as a treat here is Jim Richards' speech at the 1992 Bathurst 1000

"I'm just really stunned for words, I can't believe the reception. I thought Australian race fans had a lot more to go than this, this is bloody disgraceful. I'll keep racing but I tell you what, this is gonna remain with me for a long time, you're a pack of arseholes."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Found the following Wikipedia article on the race: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Tooheys_1000

Never realised that is how Denny Hulme died...
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:Found the following Wikipedia article on the race: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Tooheys_1000

Never realised that is how Denny Hulme died...

If you look at his profile page, he was the first former world champion to die of natural causes.