Rejectwatch 2010

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Yannick

Re: Rejectwatch 2010

Post by Yannick »

Sebastien Bourdais of Newman/Haas and Toro Rosso fame is starting from pole in this year's 24 hours race in his home town of Le Mans. The city must be proud.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Tarquini to race in the Argentinian TC2000 Touring Cars enduro. The other driver? Not-quite-reject José Maria Lopez! :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84305
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RAK

Post by RAK »

kostas22 wrote:The strangest part is that JLOC got their Le Mans entry by winning the GT1 class of the Asian Le Mans Series :shock:

Then again, of the 4 GT1 cars that competed in the Asian LMS, 2 were JLOC entries, one a local entry in a DBR9 and lastly the team that should have won, the Labre Saleen, broke down.Typical.

I think, seeing as Peugeot are probably going to walk all over Audi, that the real spectacle will see if JLOC actually manage to make it more than one lap. The smart money's on "No".
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Nigel Mansell has just hit the wall, causing the first safety car and... the JLOC Lambo is still running :o
This is a cool spot.
RAK

Post by RAK »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Nigel Mansell has just hit the wall, causing the first safety car and... the JLOC Lambo is still running :o

:D :lol:

Well, my money would have been wasted if I had been a betting man - about the JLOC thing, not Nigel Mansell.

Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Amazingly the JLOC Lambo is still going after 7 Hours!

Although, it's currently 44th...out of 45, 10 laps down on the 43rd placed car, and only ahead of the Schnitzer-BMW art car which has had 2 punctures, a mechanical failure and collided with the works #7 Audi R15.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:Amazingly the JLOC Lambo is still going after 7 Hours!

Although, it's currently 44th...out of 45, 10 laps down on the 43rd placed car, and only ahead of the Schnitzer-BMW art car which has had 2 punctures, a mechanical failure and collided with the works #7 Audi R15.

They're the HRT of this years' 24 hours.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And Reject Anthony Davidson's is currently leading overall, the car being shared with Alex Wurz ( the first ever ROTR recipiant) and Marc Gene. Reject David Brabham is leading the LMP2 class, RomanFatjohn is leading the Gt1 class and Gianmaria Bruni is leading the GT2 class. Gooooo Rejects!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rejects Stéphane Sarrazin and Franck Montagny are now leading in the #2 Peugeot after the Davidson/Wurz/Gene car had to pit for repairs. The Young Driver AMR DBR9 of Tomas Enge is finally back out on track after lengthy repairs, in the hands of Peter Kox.

Meanwhile JLOC continue to plug away in 44th place, now 11 laps down on the Coronel/Bleekemolen/Dumbreck Spyker C8.

ROTR (and therefore ROTY) thus far has to be Pedro Lamy, who caused the retirement of the #3 Peugeot by driving like an idiot after picking up a puncture and writing off the chassis.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:ROTR (and therefore ROTY) thus far has to be Pedro Lamy, who caused the retirement of the #3 Peugeot by driving like an idiot after picking up a puncture and writing off the chassis.

Oh snap...
Aaaaaaanyway, 11 hours in, and the JLOC Lambo is still running. And everyone else in GT1 is falling by the wayside. D'you think?... :geek:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
kostas22 wrote:ROTR (and therefore ROTY) thus far has to be Pedro Lamy, who caused the retirement of the #3 Peugeot by driving like an idiot after picking up a puncture and writing off the chassis.

Oh snap...
Aaaaaaanyway, 11 hours in, and the JLOC Lambo is still running. And everyone else in GT1 is falling by the wayside. D'you think?... :geek:

Considering they are 42nd out of 42 runners, I don't think so. Considering they are 23 laps down on the next GT1 car, the Aston Martin of Enge/Kox/Nygaard, and there another 5 GT1s still running, it would take a miracle. Speaking of which...the JLOC car just went back into the pits. Can it get worse for them?

Another minorly interesting point...there is a live energy efficiency rating for every car, and in last place is, yes, you guessed it, the JLOC Lamborghini.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With half the race gone, there is still half the race to go...and the JLOC is still sitting in its pit box. Sarrazin still leads, while Panis' ORECA-Peugeot just spent 4 laps in the pits fixing an unknown problem they were determined to hide from the onlooking press. Davidson back up to 4th, and the McNish Audi (currently in the capable hands of TK) is now 5th.

Meanwhile the Enge Aston Martin GT1 continues to move up the order, and has just passed the 2nd Luc Alphand Adventures Corvette for 4th in class. Eric van de Poele is 2nd last in GT2, and 3rd last overall. Rrrrrmmmmnnnn Grrrsssjjjjnnnn has dropped to thrid in GT1, and Lucky Bastard Boullion retired after a mega shunt, caused by faulty headlights (basically, didn't notice there was a corner, braked way too late and spun straight into the wall.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Can someone explain to me why the GT category is going away?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:Can someone explain to me why the GT category is going away?

GT1 is going away. The FIA GT1s will have to be modified to GT2 regs from next year for the 24 Hours. Cut costs and all that crap.

Aaaand.....

:shock: IT LIIIIIIIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After spending the last three hours in the pits, the JLOC Lamborghini has coughed back into life and left the pits at last!
However, it's now 117 laps off the lead, and 43 laps from taking 41st place...out of 42 cars. Yep, even the the Drayson Lola which has spent roughly six hours being fixed, and is still there in the pits being worked on, its 43 laps ahead. Truly rejectful...

Also, every time a new driver gets into one of the Audi R15s, the computer changes their nationality. Apparently they're all turning Japanese...

E: It's now 6am and the JLOC Lambo is back in the garage...

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:Can someone explain to me why the GT category is going away?

Difficult to say, really. The ACO doesn't seem to have much sympathy for GT1, and there's all the complication about there being GT2 and GT3 (not to mention GT4...) as well. They seem to have decided this some time ago, which is odd considering that, at the same time, an FIA-sanctioned GT2 champ is coming on stream and looking good.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RAK

Post by RAK »

Audi wins the 24 Hours of Le Mans. High attrition rate for the Rejects - Peugeots all blew up, Corvettes both suffered engine failures, Kolles Audis also out.

Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

RAK wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:Nigel Mansell has just hit the wall, causing the first safety car and... the JLOC Lambo is still running :o

Well, my money would have been wasted if I had been a betting man - about the JLOC thing, not Nigel Mansell.

:) Only Nigel could crash in the first quarter hour, have to get carried out of the car and cause a 40 minute safety car. Just like old times. Apparently he is recovering well at home.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Ross Prawn wrote:
RAK wrote:

:) Only Nigel could crash in the first quarter hour, have to get carried out of the car and cause a 40 minute safety car. Just like old times. Apparently he is recovering well at home.

Only thing missing was Dennis Vitolo...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

After some technical difficulties, I'll throw my hat into the Le Mans discussion:

Pedro Lamy and his Peugeot - it wasn't a tyre failure that ripped the suspension apart. The wishbone pickup on the chassis failed and that's not a repair to be made during the race. Perhaps you can still blame him for hitting the curbs.

The vowelless wonder. The car he was running in, the Matech Competition Ford GT, was hit from behind by one of the OAK Racing Pescarolo LMP2 entries. The sister car* had already retired due to a fire after delays with electrical issues.

(LM)GT1 is going away due to costs, manufacturer support, and the FIA's rules and series. The costs is pretty obvious; only a few privateer teams can run the ACO GT1 cars (Corvette, DBR9, S7R). The new FIA GT1 rules are for sprint races and the ACO feels this goes away from their philosophy of endurance racing.

kostas22 wrote:Then again, of the 4 GT1 cars that competed in the Asian LMS, 2 were JLOC entries, one a local entry in a DBR9 and lastly the team that should have won, the Labre Saleen, broke down.Typical.
But, alas, finally it has won Le Mans. A car that was built to win Le Mans and failed every year since 2001 finally came good.

* Sorry, but with Swiss misses Allemann, Frey, and Gachnang, it was too good of an opportunity.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Last night in the IndyCar race at Iowa Speedway, Ernesto Viso came home a surprising 3rd. Other notable F1 related mentions include that crew chief Michael Andretti guided his driver Tony Kanaan to victory, Justin Wilson caused the first caution period by spinning into the wall on the 1st lap and Takuma Sato also hit the wall whilst running high up in 4th position.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

F2 at Brands.

2 practice sessions and 1 qualifying session, and Plamen Kralev caused two of them to be red-flagged today.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85292; http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85301; http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85313

I'll be backing "the FireKing" and the female driver when I return to Brands Sunday (am working tomorrow (Sat) morning - :cry: ).

And several drivers crashing at Paddock Hill Bend - a FFord 1600 (distracted by someone coming out of the pits while following two other drivers), Seat Leon Eurocup (simply locked up, or was it mechanical?) and a spinning Maserati.

Also in the Seat Eurocup, Andrea Larini, brother of Imola 1994 podium scorer Nicola Larini, is taking part, as is Tim Coronel, brother of Tom Coronel. Also looks like Tim is doing double duties by also doing WTCC in a BMW - http://www.fiawtcc.com/html/uploadedFil ... atch_2.pdf .
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And according to Autosport, Kralev spins off on lap 2 of the first race of the weekend. Which means the only session in which he hasn't gone off is the very first of the weekend, yesterday morning. Really looking forward to returning tomorrow for the second race... :D
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Grrrrjjjnn returns to GP2 for Hockenheim, driving for DAMS.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Grosjean gets another GP2 drive, again at DAMS but this time replacing injured Ho-Pin Tung.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Oh

My

Goodness

Me............

http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_cir ... ?circuit=6

and look who's in the rather sparse GT1 entry list.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Fantastic!
It has been a while since he was racing isn't it? Is there actually anything since 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I believe said driver may have been involved in Team Minardi USA in Indycar, but apart from that, he's been biding his time. Ben Collins is also racing, I expect him to get a bit of treatment. :lol:
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

And look who's in GT2... HWNSNBM: The Teammate.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I haven't posted vandepoele's BTCS results for a while, but from what i remember he's doing very well.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:I haven't posted vandepoele's BTCS results for a while, but from what i remember he's doing very well.

Paired with sometime BTCC racer Vincent Radermecker, he scored pole and two wins at Spa last month driving a Volvo S60 :)

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

ADx_Wales wrote:Oh

My

Goodness

Me............

Why don't we get coverage of the Le Mans Series or World GT1 here in Australia? The only sportscar racing on free to air digital TV in Australia (other than the 24 Hours of LeMans coverage that was interrupted by netball, TNA wrestling and rednecks driving around in circles for 500 miles) is 30 minutes of Australian GT (which is just a fancy name for rich blokes driving Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches) highlights which are usually broadcasted in the wee hours of a weekday morning and hosted by everyone's favourite Channel 10/ONE commentators.
This is a cool spot.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Eurosport seem to have the rights to it, but for races that last almost six hours they only show the last half hour... With a replay of the start to begin with followed by any major happenings....

Its not the best, in my opinion its bloody appalling.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

The only complete live coverage is on radiolemans.com
who dont just provide audial coverage of the race, but of practice and qualifying aswell.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:Oh
My
Goodness
Me............

This weekend race meeting is now underway, and there's bad news. The rather sparse GT1 entry list has got sparser to our displeasure. Papayas heading His way? And I have free tickets to go and watch this weekend... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Radio Le Mans not just broadcasting the events on track to the trackside speakers, but also over the internet, ALSO reporting on all the support categories too.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Selected results of the Autosport 1000km of Silverstone (last round of LMS, first round of Intercontinental Le Mans Cup):

Pos Cl Drivers Car Time/Gap
1. LMP1 Minassian/Davidson Peugeot 5h11m41.835s
2. LMP1 Lapierre/Sarrazin Peugeot + 42.920s
3. LMP1 Bernhard/Capello Audi + 1m46.357s
4. LMP1 Barazi/Hancock/Mucke Lola Aston Martin + 3 laps
5. LMP1 Prost*/Jani Lola-Rebellion + 5 laps (*Nicolas, son of Alain Prost)
6. LMP1 Ragues/Mailleux/Ickx* Lola Aston Martin + 6 laps (Vanina, not Jacky)
7. LMP1 Mansell/Mansell Ginetta-Zytek + 9 laps (I thought there were 3, Nigel, plus sons Greg and Leo)
11. LMP1 Drayson/Cocker Lola-Judd + 13 laps
12. LMP2 Erdos/Newton/Collins* Lola HPD + 13 laps (*the recently revealed Stig)
14. FLM Firth/Hughes* FLM ORECA + 18 laps (*the driver after whom one of the forum's members is named)
23. LMGT2 Bruni/Melo Ferrari + 23 laps
25. LMGT2 Bell/Turner Aston Martin + 23 laps
29. LMGT2 Dumbreck/Coronel Spyker + 25 laps
30. LMGT2 Muller*/Werner BMW + 25 laps (*Jorge, not Yvan or Dirk)
35. LMGT2 Alesi/Fisichella/Vilander Ferrari + 36 laps
37. LMP1 Belicchi/Boullion Lola-Rebellion + 37 laps

Retirements:

LMP1 Kristensen/Mcnish Audi 15 laps
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Of the three mansells, nigel is still recovering from the le mans crash, but was present in a position of wearing a team headset.

Leo and Greg were behind the wheel at silverstone
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:Of the three mansells, nigel is still recovering from the le mans crash, but was present in a position of wearing a team headset.

Leo and Greg were behind the wheel at silverstone

Of course. I did actually know that, I just had a moment of temporary amnesia at the time of posting! :oops:
MCard LOLA
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Not a reject by any means, Tiago Monteiro has won the 2nd heat of the WTCC round at Valencia's Circuito Ricardo Tormo.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86821 Former AGS and Fondmetal team leader Gabriele Tarquini came home 3rd, having won the 1st heat. The defending champion still has title hopes.

Not a reject in F1, Takuma Sato has finished tonight's IZOD IndyCar Series race at Motegi/Tochigi in 12th place. He is still the driver with the most retirements this season, because runner-up in that ranking, Milka Duno, did finish the race 3 laps down in 19th place. Former Spyker test driver Ernesto Viso came home in 15th, about a second ahead of Justin Wilson. Former Toyota Friday driver Ryan Briscoe was 4th. The title hunt between Bernd Schneider's former ITC wingman Dario Franchitti and former Team Australia driver Will Power has narrowed further with Power being just 12 points ahead before the season finale to be run at the 1.5 mile oval of Homestead, FL.

Elsewhere, Force 1ndia Friday driver Paul DiResta has won the DTM round at Oschersleben, with NASCAR's very own ;-) Matthias Ekström coming home on the podium in 3rd, about a second ahead of McLaren test driver Gary Paffett. Ralf Schumacher was 9th, David Coulthard 14th. The only man to ever have led an F1 race for Spyker, Markus Winkelhock, retired early. Chinese F1 Idol *da da, da da, da daa* runner-up Cheng Congfu parked it in one of the gravel traps.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Ide, Firman and Kobayashi wiiiiiinnnnnnnn for SOOPAH AGURI at Suzuka !!!!!
Yes, you read that headline correctly as last month as two rejects and a F3 driver who may or may not be related to Kamui have won the Super GT race at Suzuka for the Aguri team back in August. Takashi Kobayashi took pole position for the team in only his first SuperGT start. Ide started the race and, surprise, surprise, made contact with another car, forcing their Honda to the pits. Ex Jordan driver and ROTY winner in 2003 Ralph Firman got behind the wheel and reclaimed the lead for Team Aguri by the third stint. They finished 22 seconds ahead of the Nismo GTR driven by Satoshi Motoyama and Benoit Treluyer
This is a cool spot.