F1rejects.com Racing Team Official Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1rejects.com Racing Team Official Thread

Post by DemocalypseNow »

As nice as it sounds, at this point I cannot do anything. I have no money and no expertise. Maybe I can be in charge of "Non-driving-staff liquid replenishment". Or I will just shout abuse at other teams while they are making pit-stops to distract them and give our team the edge!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Pointrox wrote:In the words of immortal Ron Burgundy: "Boy, that escalated quickly!" :lol:
Maybe after all these years we might be on the money?
All we need now is someone who will set up the fundraiser and be our... head of operations, so to speak :)

P.S.: 1111th post! Is that a blessing from HWNSNBM himself? Or some Jockeism that is yet to be solved?
Whatever that is, I will let it stay for a while ;)

Funny how we both want to restart the project but none of us both wants to be the leader :lol: But to be honest, i have no leading skills, the original plan proved that.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:As nice as it sounds, at this point I cannot do anything. I have no money and no expertise. Maybe I can be in charge of "Non-driving-staff liquid replenishment". Or I will just shout abuse at other teams while they are making pit-stops to distract them and give our team the edge!

You do have that remarkable talent of 'getting away with things when others won't' i'm sure that will turn out to be useful one way or another.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Biscione wrote:As nice as it sounds, at this point I cannot do anything. I have no money and no expertise. Maybe I can be in charge of "Non-driving-staff liquid replenishment". Or I will just shout abuse at other teams while they are making pit-stops to distract them and give our team the edge!

You do have that remarkable talent of 'getting away with things when others won't' i'm sure that will turn out to be useful one way or another.

OK, so it's settled then, I will head the engineering department, where in fact I will do no engineering at all, instead I will just tell Ataxia to make a bunch of illegal modifications to the car, and find a way to circumvent legality checks from the stewards. Maybe a bit of good ol' Italian-style bribery will do the trick. We will need a little more budget to pay for the bribes. I will ask Luciano Moggi for some extra sponsorship to fund this, a project with this type of rule-bending is his wheelhouse and so he should be very interested. So I guess this makes me the CFO in a way? With this kind of rule breaking, Red Bull will head-hunt me for a senior position in a matter of weeks!

But in all seriousness, I am very good in a role where I can tell people what to do, give them rap for doing it even a tiny bit wrong, but have no actual responsibilities myself. I am a horrible human being, maybe even sociopathic, so that makes me perfect management material. I guess you can consider me the consigliere of our racing family...maybe?

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I consider myself to be a reasonable driver with some speed (enough to win pretty much all recent kart races I participated in) so I can participate in driving duties. I will also help in the fund raising movement with whatever I can gather.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Maybe, in addition to my first aid duties (which hopefully will be limited...), I could lead the prayers for divine intervention, while also living up to my reputation as explained in my signature?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I may donate, but being in Singapore, I cannot assist all of you in Europe to be a part of the team. Maybe I could be an 'international correspondent' or something like that if I were to get involved,but its highly unlikely.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Ok, serious post here:

Firstly, I can drive. And drive well. Experienced in driving high-powered Subaru Impreza's, R32 Supercharged golf's, Focus ST ect. I have done several track days at Lydden Hill (anyone with half a brain in the south of England will have heard of it) and got to grips with everything quickly. I have experience in track-preparing cars and have worked extensively on my own cars including: Peugeot 106 Rallye, Renault 5 and currently starting plans to build a Saxo VTR.

Secondly, I am monied and in no way am I showing off so please don't think I'm some pompous arsehole. Now, I'm not saying I'll pay for everything but if some real maths can be worked out and a Championship or 24hr race can be decided upon, I can give a realistic budget from my end no problem. I will however be expected to have a race seat or at least, share a seat.

So I'm basically writing my CV here saying I can work on cars and drive the thing too.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AdrianSutil wrote:Ok, serious post here:

Firstly, I can drive. And drive well. Experienced in driving high-powered Subaru Impreza's, R32 Supercharged golf's, Focus ST ect. I have done several track days at Lydden Hill (anyone with half a brain in the south of England will have heard of it) and got to grips with everything quickly. I have experience in track-preparing cars and have worked extensively on my own cars including: Peugeot 106 Rallye, Renault 5 and currently starting plans to build a Saxo VTR.

Secondly, I am monied and in no way am I showing off so please don't think I'm some pompous arsehole. Now, I'm not saying I'll pay for everything but if some real maths can be worked out and a Championship or 24hr race can be decided upon, I can give a realistic budget from my end no problem. I will however be expected to have a race seat or at least, share a seat.

So I'm basically writing my CV here saying I can work on cars and drive the thing too.

You're in Ashford now? I work in Ashford, in Sevington.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
mario

Post by mario »

tommykl wrote:Seeing as I hope to be living in Britain by next year, I might chip in what I can as well :)

What brings you over to the UK, may I ask? Would it be for studying?

Faustus wrote:

Looking at the website, there might also be the option of arranging a private test session - or, alternatively, a more conventional track day - which could be used as a sort of first step to seeing how viable it might actually be to do this.
Looking at the calendar, they do hold a race at Brands Hatch later on in the year - which would probably be the closest circuit to the two of you that is used during the season - so that could be a viable location for a test session. It does seem that they are prepared to hold a test session at other circuits too, though, so if an alternative place proved to be more convenient for others then it might be possible to shift it elsewhere.

The other advantage is that, by the looks of things, attending a track day for the VW Fun Cup would only require a conventional driving licence (a test day would require a racing licence). AdrianSutil, I imagine that, as one of the more active drivers, you might already have a racing licence or could at least be more familiar with the procedure to obtain one, but the requirement for a racing licence could otherwise severely cut down the number of people who could actually drive the car.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

mario wrote:
tommykl wrote:Seeing as I hope to be living in Britain by next year, I might chip in what I can as well :)

Indeed it would. Should I achieve sufficient marks (and those are very high indeed) at the end of this year, I hope to study Automotive/Motorsport Engineering at either Oxford Brookes or Warwick :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

If a test/track day is held at Brands Hatch, then I will try to make myself available for whatever may need my skills/abilities...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Faustus wrote:

Yes I'm currently in Ashford. But I share my time between here, London and the Medway towns of Rainham and Chatham. In Ashford, I live at the end of the high-street if your familiar with the town, so I'm right in the middle! May I ask what your doing in Sevington?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AdrianSutil wrote:Yes I'm currently in Ashford. But I share my time between here, London and the Medway towns of Rainham and Chatham. In Ashford, I live at the end of the high-street if your familiar with the town, so I'm right in the middle! May I ask what your doing in Sevington?

I'm the Quality Manager of a pharmaceutical company in Ashford Business Park in Sevington, right next to junction 10 of the M20.
I don't know Ashford very well I'm afraid. I've only been to the town centre a couple of times. I live in Maidstone, so not too far away.
Last edited by Faustus on 24 Mar 2014, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

tommykl wrote:
mario wrote:

Indeed it would. Should I achieve sufficient marks (and those are very high indeed) at the end of this year, I hope to study Automotive/Motorsport Engineering at either Oxford Brookes or Warwick :)

Try Imperial College as well.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Faustus wrote:
tommykl wrote:
mario wrote:Indeed it would. Should I achieve sufficient marks (and those are very high indeed) at the end of this year, I hope to study Automotive/Motorsport Engineering at either Oxford Brookes or Warwick :)

Try Imperial College as well.

I would have if I'd thought of it before the UCAS deadline :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
mario

Post by mario »

tommykl wrote:
mario wrote:

Well, I wish you the best of luck for that - as it happens, when I was looking at undergraduate engineering courses I did look at Warwick as it does have a good reputation in the fields of science and engineering (it's a shame that you missed the cut off for Imperial College though, as I might have been able to give you a little advice in that case).
Just be warned, from what I can recall it can be a little awkward to get to and from Warwick's campus as it is not directly situated within a urban centre, although I think that they've been improving the public transport links to the campus over the years.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Faustus wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Yes I'm currently in Ashford. But I share my time between here, London and the Medway towns of Rainham and Chatham. In Ashford, I live at the end of the high-street if your familiar with the town, so I'm right in the middle! May I ask what your doing in Sevington?

I'm the Quality Manager of a pharmaceutical company in Ashford Business Park in Sevington, right next to junction 10 of the M20.
I don't know Ashford very well I'm afraid. I've only been to the town centre a couple of times. I live in Maidstone, so not too far away.

So, Boots? Yeah? I assume that's the company your talking about...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Having recently picked up a gig as a junior aerodynamicist at my University's Racing Team, I can safely say that I'll be paying plenty of attention to how this develops. However, with the small issue of being on the other side of the planet, I won't be able to do much more than be an outside consultant for you guys.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Faustus wrote:

So, Boots? Yeah? I assume that's the company your talking about...

Not quite. A company called CCL.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:Having recently picked up a gig as a junior aerodynamicist at my University's Racing Team, I can safely say that I'll be paying plenty of attention to how this develops. However, with the small issue of being on the other side of the planet, I won't be able to do much more than be an outside consultant for you guys.

It's a VW Beetle, I don't think any amount of aerodynamacists thrown at it will make any difference :lol:

Image Image
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Well because of my heavily straight-line based background, I doubt I'd be much help, but if we ever test at Santa Pod, I'd offer my services for free (provided one of you lets me crash on your sofa), since I might be the best suited there, and since Santa Pod is on my bucket-list of drag strips to run at.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Following my trip to Lydden Hill (only as a spectator mind), I thoroughly endorse rallycross as a low cost motorsport. The entry fee for the weekend was about £250 and you'd need an MSA license (easy enough to get). Cars could be whatever you wanted (so long as they had a spec rollcage), and there were some pretty old and unusual cars out there that were still competitive.

Lydden Hill itself is a pretty ideal venue too as its about 15 minutes drive from Dover, which means any of you continental guys could make it there quite easy.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...and if the Top Gear three can have a crack at it and not be completely useless, there's hope for the rest of us.

If we're going to do rallycross, though, the car needs to be properly reject-worthy. If a nasty, nasty communist car straight out of the REECCS isn't available (I imagine they're getting quite rare now, and even all the Polish plumbers have scrapped their Polonezes) then how about some 80s/90s Pacific Rim junk built by a faceless company with no historical interest in making cars, no interest in motorsport, no interest in anything but the balance sheet? A Hyundai Stellar or Pony (a very appropriate name that they didn't see coming any more than Osella did with the FA1L), any Proton (hey, we could even paint it in Petronas turquoise!), the original Daewoo Nexia and Espero, a Kia Mentor...

If that fails, though, may I also suggest Italy's most unappealing clunker: the Fiat Stilo. For a country that is so deeply associated with car design that'll send wmetcalf through puberty early, the Stilo is about as unacceptable as it gets. The Multipla was ugly, sure; it looked like something that had been bottled in a fight and sewn back together by Stevie Wonder; the Stilo's great-grandad, the Strada, was also ungainly, but the Stilo... wasn't really designed at all. It was described as "looking a bit Eastern Europe" - and we all know what happened when communist car designers of the 80s went their own way. The FSO Polonez, the Lada Samara, the Skoda Favorit, that's what they were thinking.

And the good news? I've just seen an 11-year-old Stilo (1.2, admittedly...) sell for a mere £400 on Auto Trader. They're out there, and they're dirt cheap, presumably because nobody wants one.

EDIT: Here's one on eBay, finishing in under two days, no reserve, and the current bid is £48!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

If you want to get an old commie beater car, I can easily find you one in my country.
FSO Polonezes cost second to nothing these days and if we aren't looking for those in mint condition, then 200 quid will easily buy us one.
But since there are no professional racing parts dedicated to this car, the roll-cage etc. would have to be custom-built, and that might be pricey.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Pointrox wrote:If you want to get an old commie beater car, I can easily find you one in my country.
FSO Polonezes cost second to nothing these days and if we aren't looking for those in mint condition, then 200 quid will easily buy us one.
But since there are no professional racing parts dedicated to this car, the roll-cage etc. would have to be custom-built, and that might be pricey.

There are firms in Britain who can make bespoke roll cages like custom cages.
Another idea I was thinking of recently was the Hyundai Coupe cup. They can be had for under 400 quid and I can post a link up tomorrow inbetween the rush to get my collage work finished.
Edit:
Here is the link to one I found on auto trader
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Hey, dr-baker, he's still doing it.

What are you on about?
Last edited by roblo97 on 04 Apr 2014, 08:32, edited 2 times in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

roblomas52 wrote:There are firms in Britain who can make bespoke roll cages like custom cages.
Another idea I was thinking of recently was the Hyundai Coupe cup. They can be had for under 400 quid and I can post a link up tomorrow inbetween the rush to get my collage work finished.

Hey, dr-baker, he's still doing it.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Hey, dr-baker, he's still doing it.

What are you on about?

Your collage work. You know, the stuff where you cut stuff out then stick it alongside other pictures on a bigger sheet of paper. As you said, the thing that you're rushing to get finished...
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I wonder if anything will ever happen with this... I mean there's things like the MSV Trackday Trophy and the Ford Fiesta Trophy that are very reasonably priced...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

AdrianSutil wrote:I wonder if anything will ever happen with this... I mean there's things like the MSV Trackday Trophy and the Ford Fiesta Trophy that are very reasonably priced...

I think people need to start earning their money so that we can all pay for this. We are too few in that situation at the moment. Obviously, when we get there they will all leave the forum because they are too busy 'working'. Yeah, right... ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, my finances are a lot worse than when i started this.
Waris

Post by Waris »

For the time being, it's at least embodying the Reject spirit, eh?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS