F1rejects.com Racing Team Official Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1rejects.com Racing Team Official Thread

Post by Aerond »

So, it´s time to start discussing about the creation of the F1rejects.com Racing Team, for fun purposes mainly, with the healthy goal of racing the 2012 VW Fun Cup Spa 25 Hr Race. From now on we should mark some goals to achieve in order to reunite enough money to do this.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1rejects.com Racing Team Official Thread

Post by Nessafox »

If i'm driving i will pay the required 3000€ it's worth it and in 2012 it should de do-able
if i'm not driving i will pay at least 500€ (and maybe more if my financial situation looks good) (and reserve a small sponsorship spot for a good friend's festivalblog)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

i'll make an official facebook page (the only network site i'm currently using)
it's the least i can do.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/F1reject ... 78?sk=wall should be working.
Last edited by Nessafox on 16 May 2011, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

To keep the budget per head as low as possible we should target for 8 drivers, which is the maximum rules allow
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Aerond wrote:To keep the budget per head as low as possible we should target for 8 drivers, which is the maximum rules allow

what would come around 3000£ per person you figured out.
that is for renting a car
at the moment most information is in the 'your own racing career' thread, but we'll be working on it to make things clear for everybody.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'm gonna have to sit this one out guys. Maybe if it was in Australia I might be able to become the Team's Strategist or something like that.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Why'd you put the team as a church on Fac- ALL HAIL HWNSNBM!

Well, assuming I would fit in the car (which is highly unlikely :( ) I would be prepared to give up to 1000 € and inquire for sponsorship.
Otherwise I would bring 200 € and would ask what kind of personnel is needed and what skills are required?
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

I will pay 5000 € for FP1 drives at every European race. I'm quite tall, so I should reach the pedals! :lol:
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I will pay 5000 € for FP1 drives at every European race. I'm quite tall, so I should reach the pedals! :lol:

Define "Quite Tall" :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Wizzie wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I will pay 5000 € for FP1 drives at every European race. I'm quite tall, so I should reach the pedals! :lol:

I don't know what my height is, but I can reach the pedals on my dad's car! I took it for a spin the other day, and nearly wrecked the thing, but overall he said I did a very good job! My first 'drive', however, was back in 2003 or those whereabouts, where I sneaked into my dad's old Peugeot, put the thing in reverse, and wrecked the garage and the car ala-Keke Rosberg! Suffice to say, I was a bit shellshocked...
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Klon wrote:Why'd you put the team as a church on Fac- ALL HAIL HWNSNBM!
stop answering your own questions!

and guys, make sure if you are serious about this or not, you can make fun and jokes, sure! but make sure we can spot the difference between serious ideas and lovely nonsens.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

If it is for 2012 then I may, I repeat, I may be able to contribute with the whole stash for a drive. And perhaps some sponsorship, if some crazy corporate decides it is worth it to finance some obscure racing team in some obscure racing series in a country that he has absolutely no investment whatsoever. :) Now seriously, I think that some/the most/all of our eventual sponsors (F1Rejects aside, obviously) should/will be Belgium based since that makes the most sense...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I can finance a bit =)
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

DanielPT wrote:If it is for 2012 then I may, I repeat, I may be able to contribute with the whole stash for a drive. And perhaps some sponsorship, if some crazy corporate decides it is worth it to finance some obscure racing team in some obscure racing series in a country that he has absolutely no investment whatsoever. :) Now seriously, I think that some/the most/all of our eventual sponsors (F1Rejects aside, obviously) should/will be Belgium based since that makes the most sense...

this is indeed mostly interesting for benelux companies, although a few british, french and german sponsors could theoretically be interested.
I think we should specifically try to aim at companies who like the underdog status (harder said than done, i know) and even if we end up with 164 small sponsors, we'll find out a way to put them all on the car (for example by letting sponsorship logos together form the logo of another sponsor :D )

i propose we set the deadline to like februari or march 2012 or so. So we will have at that time a view of where we stand.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I don't know what my height is, but I can reach the pedals on my dad's car! I took it for a spin the other day, and nearly wrecked the thing, but overall he said I did a very good job! My first 'drive', however, was back in 2003 or those whereabouts, where I sneaked into my dad's old Peugeot, put the thing in reverse, and wrecked the garage and the car ala-Keke Rosberg! Suffice to say, I was a bit shellshocked...

I do believe that you qualify for an F1Rejects Super license.

5. Qualification and conditions of issue for the Super Licence
The F1Rejects Super Licence is issued by the administrators.
5.1 Qualifications
5.1.1 The driver must be the holder of an active F1Rejects forum membership.
5.1.2 The driver must also satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
a) have made at least 5 starts in races anywhere, driving no matter what, the previous year, or at least 15 starts within the previous 3 years.
b) have previously held the Super Licence and have been a regular racing/crashing driver with a back of the grid team for the previous year.
c) have been classified, within the previous 2 years, in the last 3 of the final classification of: a Karting race counting for regional championship, or a friendly Karting outing, or at a track day, or any serious race,
d) have been classified in the last 4 of the final classification of the local street soapbox series within the previous 2 years,
e) be the current RoTY of one of the following:
- Any virtual series organized by F1Rejects
- The principal F1 2010 online championship of: Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Spain
- Local Series F/Battered Renault 5 GL
N.B.: the title of RoTY is considered valid for 12 months from the last race of the relevant series or championship season.
f) be judged by the administrators to have consistently demonstrated outstanding rejectness in a four-wheeled vehicle, but with no opportunity to qualify under any of c) to e) above. In this case the team concerned must show that the applicant has driven at least 300 meters in a four-wheeled vehicle crashing consistently at pedestrian speeds, over a minimum period of 2 days, completed not less than 90 days prior to the application and certified by a moderator of any country and regardless of where the test took place.
By exception, if supported by the F1Rejects Safety Commission, the administrators Council may approve the issue of the Super Licence to persons judged by the Council to have met the intent of the qualification process.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I was classified 3rd last at Valencia and last at Barcelona on GP4 during my 2008 season. Does that count for anything? :lol:

EDIT: If it helps I'm also exactly 3cm taller than Michael Schumacher.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I just thought of something.
That's only my guess, but wouldn't it attract more donators, if their (nick)names appeared on the car in appreciation of his help? :D
I remember HWNSNBM himself did that, thanking some of the members of his Supporters' Club.

Unfortunately for now I can donate as much as 20PLN, which in a pan-European currency is ridiculous 5€. But that's just for now ;)
Last edited by Pointrox on 17 May 2011, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:I was classified 3rd last at Valencia and last at Barcelona on GP4 during my 2008 season. Does that count for anything? :lol:

EDIT: If it helps I'm also exactly 3cm taller than Michael Schumacher.

I am afraid that you must really be RoTY. Anyway, you might go with some car crashing (while parking for instance) over 3 days and the administrators should favourably look at your case! :mrgreen:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

At that point, I'll be 16, but real racing should be a bit far. I might be able to do some kind of work for the eventual team (living ridiculously close to the track), but no driving yet. I'll already try to contact some local sponsors, but nothing will probably come from this.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

How about the conditions for forum moderators? Also, if it counts for something, I very nearly burnt the clutch of my dad's Kia Sportage.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

and i do not qualify for your rejects superlicense, however, i have experience in forklifts (although that's a few years ago, i drove them at maximum speed (18 km/u) !) and a forklift, reachtruck, high orderpick truck and elektrotranspallet licence, this would surely give me a big chance of spinning out and crashing if i use the same driving style (and if i use the front of the car as forks)

on a serious note, it would by preferable that 1) you have money and some road car driving experience at least or 2) you have some karting or racing experience (must not be much, these cars have a reputation to handle very well and they're not extremely fast)
who pays the full amount of a drive gets a drive (pay-drivers are part of rejectness) and the other drivers will be chosen by the forum :D

and my nickname is really to lame to attract sponsors

@tommykl, we're going to have dinner at your home, we can't afford any food by then :D

anyway, as it looks now, i think i will be able to pay my seat and my 3 hours, 7 minutes and 30 seconds of driving. I'll inform on time if it will be otherwise but i'll make sure i can at least pay my part. I will probably be a relatively slow driver, but that's not the point.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Well, I don't live that close to the track. Plus, I thought meals were provided by the organizers free of charge?

Anyways, I've already sent an e-mail to Sprimoglass, the sponsor already of the Gillet in the F1RWRS about sponsorship, while keeping some details in the dark.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:anyway, as it looks now, i think i will be able to pay my seat and my 3 hours, 7 minutes and 30 seconds of driving. I'll inform on time if it will be otherwise but i'll make sure i can at least pay my part. I will probably be a relatively slow driver, but that's not the point.

I believe that a good point is to make a few jokes, have some beers (if one is old enough), participate and have fun in the race. In short, it will be a gathering for F1Rejects forumites. (And an opportunity to be somewhat rejectful except that we must not crash in order for everyone to be able to drive!). Anything more than that is bonus. If things keep going like this (basically if I keep my job which looks very likely) I will be able to pay my seat too (I've made some calculations given my current financial status after the previous post).
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

sure tommy, we're not going to ruin your parents :D
we can just have a barbeque in the paddock to put up for the athmosphere

of course this is assuming i will still be working by then. But then again, i'll have the time to look up for some sponsors, who knows.

can anyone help me setting up a standard e-mail (change some bits depending on who) to send to companies, i'm not good at these things?
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

Sadly Im moving back to England (from New Zealand) at the end of next year so Im out, but maybe John Key or Julia Gillard (NZ and Aussie Prime Minsters) could fund this project....
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

GroupLotusRenault wrote:Sadly Im moving back to England (from New Zealand) at the end of next year so Im out, but maybe John Key or Julia Gillard (NZ and Aussie Prime Minsters) could fund this project....

Cool! Is this for study purposes or for work?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Whoa, this would be incredibly awesome.

As currently an unemployed student without a job, I can't put any money in, but I would 100% love to come down for the race and chip in with making the tea and doing any donkey work that would need doing around the pits.

When it comes to driving, if I obtain employment at some point this year, saving up £3000+ wouldn't be an issue for me (I live a frugal life, no student partying for me :D ), and I raced karts in 2004-2005 while having had my road license since November 2008. I don't really have any opportunity to find the team sponsorship, although my Dad does work for a successful car-related company, but they mostly deal with Mercedes vehicles, so probably wouldn't want to sponsor a VW :lol:

Edit: Hey, it's Euro's, not pounds, that's even better 8-)
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Well if this team is really gonna be there, i want to add 10k on diffrents stocks.
And if there is a need of money, i will give the what is more then 10k money to the team =)
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Ok, so far I see some people interested. Hope we can reunite 8 people crazy enough to invest on this. Of course, the main goal should still be going to the 2012 Spa 25 Hr Funcup race. I suggest deciding on further goals past July 2012
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Maybe after VW Fun Cup we can take part in one of those one-make cups?
Or this.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pointrox wrote:Maybe after VW Fun Cup we can take part in one of those one-make cups?
Or this.

They provide good, close racing - I saw them race at Brands a month or two ago, going three-abrest through Paddock Hill Bend. But this would mean buying/leasing a different car in addition to whatever you used in the 25 hour race?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:
Pointrox wrote:Maybe after VW Fun Cup we can take part in one of those one-make cups?
Or this.

They provide good, close racing - I saw them race at Brands a month or two ago, going three-abrest through Paddock Hill Bend. But this would mean buying/leasing a different car in addition to whatever you used in the 25 hour race?

I think so...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
Or this.

I seriously considered doing a race in the Scottish championship for that. But, being a cheapskate, I didn't want to blow all my money on it.

As much as I'd like to be part of this, as a student, I just don't have the money :(
If the F1Rejects.com Racing Team is still going strong in about 5 years maybe I'll enter the VW Fun Cup :)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Let's do everything on its time. Thing is that if we can manage to buy a vw fun cup car, than we can use it over years, as the regulations hardly change, and we don't need to be competitive there. Sure we might need to buy some spare cars and stuff, but there's not really much need to 'update' that car.

that legends cars will sure as hell be fun, but it lacks a 24/25 race.

there is however also a 24hours of spa for 2CV's... :D

But for next year renting will be more possible, after that, maybe we can start getting sponsors (even if that means we have to drop the 'f1rejects' banner (we will allways keep a rejects sticker on the car however) because of sponsor wishes)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

This wrote:there is however also a 24hours of spa for 2CV's... :D

Woah woah why don't we save ourselves all this grief over raising 3 grand each for a drive and get one of these out of auto trader for a couple of hundred quid?

Sound economic sense to me, plus it would mean I could afford a drive! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:

Woah woah why don't we save ourselves all this grief over raising 3 grand each for a drive and get one of these out of auto trader for a couple of hundred quid?

Actually, it doesn't. You'd have to strip out the Beetle you bought, buy a s**tload of parts and install them to make it race-worthy. A ready-to-race Beetle owned by our team to use (rather than renting) would be £30K.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Actually, it doesn't. You'd have to strip out the Beetle you bought, buy a s**tload of parts and install them to make it race-worthy. A ready-to-race Beetle owned by our team to use (rather than renting) would be £30K.

It's not a beetle, it's a 2CV!

But fine! Piss on my cornflakes :cry:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

that 2CV races are the same concept as the vw fun cup cars. So just bying a car on a scrapyard wouldn't make it fit for the regulations. So it's either renting or owning.
If we can get enough money this would be a good way to make everybody get a decent run at a races. The 2CV website is however less clear than the VW.
But let's take the vw thing as it's profesionally done, and has some media coverage and the 2CV allmost none.

We of course can buy a car, try to get get a bank loan (i don't know how realistic it is to get a 30000 loan, which isn't nothing), make sure the organisers get their money and take some more years to pay. As we can keep this car if we buy it, to enter the following year. If we are guaranteed of a start this way, it's easier to convince sponsors, than when 'nothing is sure'. Probably we can't get the full amount of budget by sponsors so we all have to contribute, but as i said before, i'll make sure i'll get to pay my part, and if i can't i'll let this know on time.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

As Tesco say, every little helps, and here is my first small contribution...

The official F1Rejects.com Racing Team website!

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

nice, i'll just copy from the official site on my official fb (as i don't really have any idea what to write on it, because it's just an ordinary fb, it's basically just 'to get known')