Your Reject of the Race - Abby Dabby

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Onxy Wrecked

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Abby Dabby

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Raikkonen, only retirement and from a crash. Can't blame him for lack of pay either.

Toro Rosso is my dishonorable mention for sinking stone performance below the Williams cars. Remember, Williams also had some awful pit work and the Toro Rossos couldn't make it by at least one Williams car of Bottas. Yeah, Scuderia Toro Rosso was closer to Dead Bull than Red Bull.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - Raikkonen - part of me wonders how dissapointed he really was when he retired.
2 - Er...
Just For One Day...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Ferrari - when you are down on pace like that, you don't mess with your No.2 driver (so your No.1 driver can get by) in the pits by giving him the wrong tires.

But the award will go to Raikkonenm by default anyway, for being the only retirement.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

CoopsII wrote:1 - Raikkonen - part of me wonders how dissapointed he really was when he retired.
2 - Er...

I recommend Toro Rosso myself, but it's up to you for the second part of it or to even select a second Reject.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
CoopsII wrote:1 - Raikkonen - part of me wonders how dissapointed he really was when he retired.
2 - Er...

I recommend Toro Rosso myself, but it's up to you for the second part of it or to even select a second Reject.

I didnt really feel anybody, or anything, did anything particulary rejectful. Unless you count the entire field for being bit-part players in Vettels Story but even I'm getting bored of banging on about that now.
Just For One Day...
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

I don't understand why Raikkonen has been nominated by so many people. The crash wasn't even his fault.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

In general, I have to nominate rules on track limits. It was said to be taken more seriously than in India, well no penalties were given at any point of the weekend.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

apple2009 wrote:I don't understand why Raikkonen has been nominated by so many people. The crash wasn't even his fault.

van der Garde disagrees:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111119
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

apple2009 wrote:I don't understand why Raikkonen has been nominated by so many people. The crash wasn't even his fault.

He was impatient to make up ground. He should have backed off, and slowly picked off the pack one by one when the cars were starting to spread out. He didn't do that, and instead made a clumsy error which put him out of the race in turn 1. Pretty reject worthy there.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

go_Rubens wrote:

He was impatient to make up ground. He should have backed off, and slowly picked off the pack one by one when the cars were starting to spread out. He didn't do that, and instead made a clumsy error which put him out of the race in turn 1. Pretty reject worthy there.

I doubt he'll get the award. He really deserves it but Jamie and Enoch have never given out back-to-back ROTR awards IIRC.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

I doubt he'll get the award. He really deserves it but Jamie and Enoch have never given out back-to-back ROTR awards IIRC.

Maldonado did get back to back ROTR's for Australia though (Also got IIDOTR in 2012)
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:He was impatient to make up ground. He should have backed off, and slowly picked off the pack one by one when the cars were starting to spread out. He didn't do that, and instead made a clumsy error which put him out of the race in turn 1. Pretty reject worthy there.

Maldonado did get back to back ROTR's for Australia though (Also got IIDOTR in 2012)

I think Ralfie means 2 races in succession, as in India to Abu Dhabi.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Samster

Post by Samster »

I'm going to go ahead and nominate Formula One in general for ROTR. Frankly this race showcased just about everything that is wrong about F1 these days. DRS zones making overtaking too easy, a track that makes overtaking outside the DRS zones near impossible, most overtaking being done between cars on different strategies, questionable stewarding and only one freaking retirement, due to a daft collision at the first corner.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Samster wrote: only one freaking retirement, due to a daft collision at the first corner.

Because its fairer racing when people drop out?
Just For One Day...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

CoopsII wrote:Because its fairer racing when people drop out?
It can give slower teams a better chance of scoring points ;)
Trump 2016
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Dark77 wrote:

Sure, but its often the slower teams who have the problems with attrition.
Just For One Day...
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

CoopsII wrote:
Dark77 wrote:

Sure, but its often the slower teams who have the problems with attrition.

Maybe thats why Chilton has finished so many races- He is too far back to be involved in any accidents
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

rachel1990 wrote:Maybe thats why Chilton has finished so many races- He is too far back to be involved in any accidents

Lots of people on other sites agree with you for that very reason.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
rachel1990 wrote:Maybe thats why Chilton has finished so many races- He is too far back to be involved in any accidents

And we all know how smart most F1 fans on the Internet are.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

And we all know how smart most F1 fans on the Internet are.

Very. We are better than those journalists on the BBC at least
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I think even DC and Brundle have been affected by the malaise currently engulfing F1 at the mo as both their blog posts seem to be scrabbling around for a new way to say 'Vettel Wins - Others Didnt'.
Just For One Day...
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Samster wrote:I'm going to go ahead and nominate Formula One in general for ROTR. Frankly this race showcased just about everything that is wrong about F1 these days. DRS zones making overtaking too easy, a track that makes overtaking outside the DRS zones near impossible, most overtaking being done between cars on different strategies, questionable stewarding and only one freaking retirement, due to a daft collision at the first corner.

Agreed, and considering I fell alseep for the last 20 or so laps, and still don't care to bother watching it, 2014 cannot come soon enough. However, judging by what I did see, I have to nominate one of my favourite drivers, kimi raikkonen, for a lazy, first lap incident, when the likes of he, Alonso and Button normally tend to show all the clumsier new kids on the block how to dice wheel to wheel.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Unless the boys change their minds the announcement has been made on the podcast

And the Winner is Kimi Raikkonen for the second (and Final) race in a row. More details are in the podcast but I think its pretty obvious why.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

rachel1990 wrote:Unless the boys change their minds the announcement has been made on the podcast

And the Winner is Kimi Raikkonen for the second (and Final) race in a row. More details are in the podcast but I think its pretty obvious why.

The tangle with Van der Garde which (a summed up how bad the entire weekend was for him and (b because it robbed us of a half-interesting race
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:It robbed us of a half-interesting race

And it continued the trend of very unsuccessful burns from the sterns by frontrunning drivers this year, those being Webber in China, Massa in Monaco and Grosjean in Canada.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Official decision, as announced and explained on the Japindhabi GP edition of the podcast, and no surprises here.

For the first time ever, a 2nd straight individual ROTR award, step forward Kimi Raikkonen!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Maybe he could make it 3 in a row if Lotus have the best race of the season in Austin? (a la Jacques Villeneuve in Suzuka 2003 and Honda fatcats at Australia 2009)
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

eytl wrote:Official decision, as announced and explained on the Japindhabi GP edition of the podcast, and no surprises here.

For the first time ever, a 2nd straight individual ROTR award, step forward Kimi Raikkonen!

For a crash that wasn't even his fault? Seriously?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

apple2009 wrote:
eytl wrote:Official decision, as announced and explained on the Japindhabi GP edition of the podcast, and no surprises here.

For a crash that wasn't even his fault? Seriously?

Questioning the judgement of our Australian overlords? BLASPHEMY!

Send him to the Gulag, moderators! :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l