the official texas reject of the race thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Re: the official texas reject of the race thread

Post by Londoner »

Mercedes absolutely steamroller the opposition here. Schumi finishes ELEVEN places below his starting position, Rosberg was as invisible as he's ever been, and they were the only team to suffer tyre wear problems. At this circuit of all places. Just shambolic really.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
coloni_subaru

Post by coloni_subaru »

Mercedes as predicted, even worse than we all now come to expect of this joke of a manufacturer! What must Hamilton really be thinking?

Dishonourable mentions to Sauber and Di Resta
"Better to have raced and lost than never to have raced at all"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Has to be Mercedes. Absolutely woeful pace, and although Sauber were bad too, at least Perez ran in the top 10 for a while.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

In ra circuit that showed who's really who, the rejects were clear.

1.-Mercedes: Seriously? This is the same team that won in China? With such a rubbish car, the fact is that they clearly deserve to be beaten by Sauber.
2.-Sebastien Vettel: Way too childish way to dismiss what was your mistake, Wunderkind. That's not the mark of a real champion

Dishonorable mentions to Red Bull (the wrong car broke), Sauber (points, guys! you need points to beat that crapbox that is the Mercedes!) and Jean-Eric Vergne's steering.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

No point nominating anyone but Mercedes. They are basically Toyota 2.0. I know Toyota never won a race, but if you gave them that car in China, I'm sure they would've been hard pressed to chuck it away too.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:No point nominating anyone but Mercedes. They are basically Toyota 2.0. I know Toyota never won a race, but if you gave them that car in China, I'm sure they would've been hard pressed to chuck it away too.

I second this nomination.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:No point nominating anyone but Mercedes. They are basically Toyota 2.0. I know Toyota never won a race, but if you gave them that car in China, I'm sure they would've been hard pressed to chuck it away too.

Well look at Bahrain 2009 to see that Toyota probably would've chucked it away.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ed24 wrote:

Well look at Bahrain 2009 to see that Toyota probably would've chucked it away.

Yeah, but Button was a total longshot to overhaul Rosberg at the end in China, and McLaren chucked that away themselves. That would cover for any chucking-away on Toyota's part I think.
Everything's great.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

1st) Mercedes: Schumacher started 5th and ended what, 17th? On top of that Rosberg was nowhere. Disgraceful performance.
2nd) Tie between Paul di Resta and Kamui Kobayashi. Hulkenberg got points for Force India, whereas Perez was at least hanging around 9th-10th the whole race before slipping back just outside the points. Their teammates though kept floundering around in the back. What gives?
whatisdeletrazdoing

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Schumacher. Starts 12 spots ahead of his teammate is a newer specification car and somehow manages to finish 3 spots behind him.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaokoen/ Lego F1 Cars
CarlosFerreira wrote:I am vaguely annoyed by Vettel.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Paul di Resta, for this comment. Not only does he explain away his poor performance in qualifying (typical for him), he does so by paying himself a massive compliment: namely, that he has a "smooth driving style" that was at odds with the demands of the surface. Moreover, Jenson Button managed just fine despite his recognised driving style, and Lewis Hamilton won the race after adapting his driving style to suit the tyres rather than trying to force the tyres to fit his style. Di Resta's attitude reeks of arrogance and he's clearly believing his own hype, so he is the undisputed Reject of the Race.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations:

Paul di Resta - And this guy has a drive for next year because?
Sauber - They had a massive free-kick to close right up to Mercedes... and they missed

But my ROTR award goes to:

Mercedes AMG Petronas - Pirelli brought the two hardest compounds to the event and they STILL had trouble trying to manage tire wear. Schumi's qualifying lap will probably be in contention for lap of the year but it all went downhill from there, while Rosberg in the other car did a grand total of sod-all yet again.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I agree with the majority here...Mercedes should take it unless Enoch decides with something unusual.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am going to be hipster and nominate Di Resta, life imitates The F1 Slate
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

A dishonouorable mention goes to Fred Phelps and The Westboro Baptist Church, for decrying Formula 1 as being anti-God (somehow) and swearing to picket the event, only to not show.

One likes to imagine that they got themselves all set up and ready to "protest" (read: offend), only to be drowned out by the sound of engines, at which point they gave up and went home.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Captain Hammer wrote:A dishonouorable mention goes to Fred Phelps and The Westboro Baptist Church, for decrying Formula 1 as being anti-God (somehow) and swearing to picket the event, only to not show.

One likes to imagine that they got themselves all set up and ready to "protest" (read: offend), only to be drowned out by the sound of engines, at which point they gave up and went home.

Oh, I honestly think that cult is just trolling now.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fred Phelps must be approaching 3000 years of age, am I wrong? :? :P

I also love how they complain about people worshipping the drivers as 'little gods'. What would they make of HWNSNBM?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Captain Hammer wrote:A dishonouorable mention goes to Fred Phelps and The Westboro Baptist Church, for decrying Formula 1 as being anti-God (somehow) and swearing to picket the event, only to not show.

Looks like a botched Neil Horan/Mercedes Employee* attempt for me. :lol:

*Germany 2000. Oh, and Horan was in Britain 2003. Both WON by BATHPLUGGING BARRICHELLO.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will go with Red Bull unreliability: You stroke the wrong driver! (I would prefer for Alonso to be ahead in the Championship because that would have given us a better title race showdown, I think).

As the second one goes: Mercedes... Nuff said.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Someone might've said something dumb, then someone else might've said something dumb too, but Mercedes left all of that for the track.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FMecha wrote:

Looks like a botched Neil Horan/Mercedes Employee* attempt for me. :lol:

*Germany 2000. Oh, and Horan was in Britain 2003. Both WON by BATHPLUGGING BARRICHELLO.

:lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
mario

Post by mario »

DanielPT wrote:I will go with Red Bull unreliability: You stroke the wrong driver! (I would prefer for Alonso to be ahead in the Championship because that would have given us a better title race showdown, I think).

As the second one goes: Mercedes... Nuff said.

That retirement for Webber has already lead to one noticeable change - Red Bull have announced that they will switch to the latest alternator design that most of the other Renault powered teams were using that weekend (Red Bull thought that they were being conservative by using a design that, up until that race, had performed well on track, but Webber's retirement and the lack of reported problems from other teams has made them change their minds). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104409

Overall, though, Mercedes were abjectly poor this weekend - Schumacher did seriously outperform the car on Saturday, but despite some fierce defensive battles was a sitting duck on Sunday, whilst Rosberg was always going to struggle to make up any ground given how badly the car was performing. Their only salvation is the fact that Sauber have dropped off almost as sharply in recent races (they have had only one points finish in the last four races, which was Kobayashi's 6th place in Abu Dhabi), such that Sauber might just come up short on beating them in the WCC.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

I'll add to the chain but Mercedes truly pathetic pace

dishonourable mention; - The BBC - You seriously think showing South Korea is more important than the inaugral USGP after a five year absence? Truly staggering ineptitude!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
James1978

Post by James1978 »

sswishbone wrote:I'll add to the chain but Mercedes truly pathetic pace

dishonourable mention; - The BBC - You seriously think showing South Korea is more important than the inaugral USGP after a five year absence? Truly staggering ineptitude!

Sky may have chosen this one to have exclusively after BBC made their first 3 picks which were Britain, Monaco and Brazil.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Mercedes - I bet Hamilton is going to regret his move now..
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Mercedes- Barring Schumis qualifying lap, what a shocker! Fighting to stay ahead of the Caterhahahams, considering their budget, drivers, staff and engine is truly hopeless
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

enoch what is your say on who is ROTR from texas

p.s i will do the brazil one twomorrow
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

roblomas52 wrote:enoch what is your say on who is ROTR from texas

Has FMecha taken over this account or something? :lol:
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

If you do, put bathplugging capitals in the subject title :evil:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

East Londoner wrote:

Has FMecha taken over this account or something? :lol:

Defenitely not me. I can capitalise things here, roblomas doesn't. Learn to distinguish. :roll:
Although I admit I also eagerly wait for the results...
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Sorry I haven't posted the official decision earlier, but it was a bit of a foregone conclusion wasn't it?

Yep, USA GP ROTR is Mercedes.

How can this be the team that locked out the front row in China and should have scored a 1-2 in that race? Or the team that had one car 2nd in Monaco and the other car take pole (or at least go quickest in Q3)? Is it just me or is there a disturbing trend whereby the blokes from Brackley seem unable to respond or keep up mid-year?

If they start with a crap or average car (e.g. 2007 or 2008 as Honda, 2010 or 2011 as Merc), they can't find a way to improve it. Even if they start the year with a winner (2009 as Brawn, and this year), they find a way to let the opposition catch up and overtake and seem completely powerless to respond.

This doesn't bode well for Lewis next year ... actually I might start a separate thread about this ...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eytl wrote:Sorry I haven't posted the official decision earlier, but it was a bit of a foregone conclusion wasn't it?

Yep, USA GP ROTR is Mercedes.

How can this be the team that locked out the front row in China and should have scored a 1-2 in that race? Or the team that had one car 2nd in Monaco and the other car take pole (or at least go quickest in Q3)? Is it just me or is there a disturbing trend whereby the blokes from Brackley seem unable to respond or keep up mid-year?

If they start with a crap or average car (e.g. 2007 or 2008 as Honda, 2010 or 2011 as Merc), they can't find a way to improve it. Even if they start the year with a winner (2009 as Brawn, and this year), they find a way to let the opposition catch up and overtake and seem completely powerless to respond.

This doesn't bode well for Lewis next year ... actually I might start a separate thread about this ...

They did do very well at the end of 2006, when Button scored more points than anyone else in the last 5 or 6 races. Since then, though, you're right - Brackley seem to have forgotten how to develop a car.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

If you do, put bathplugging capitals in the subject title :evil:

FINALLY! Someone that agrees with me :lol:

But seriously Mr. Lomas, you don't have to rush it; we very seldom nominate anyone after a practice session. And please do use capitals too.

Merci beaucoup.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...