the official texas reject of the race thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
roblo97

the official texas reject of the race thread

Post by roblo97 »

Who in your opinion has been the most rejectful in the lone star state

Edit: I am having to trust what you lot say and autosport because firstly the BBC are not showing it live :(.
Secondly I don't have sky f1 :( .
And finally the BBC'S highlights are on at 22:30 GMT and my parents say its to late and that I have a paper round on Monday morning :(
Last edited by roblo97 on 17 Nov 2012, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Aerospeed

Re: the official texas reject of the race thread

Post by Aerospeed »

How about HRT for having to find a new owner again?

Or maybe Rosberg...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

roblomas52 wrote:my parents say its to late and that I have a paper round on Monday morning :(

Poor bastard ;)

What are the odds of Webbah making a tortoise start?
-*:-
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I think HRT take this for now. Miles off the pace, yet another breakdown, and the fact that we may only have one more opportunity to nominate them for this prestigious award after this weekend. :(

Honourable mention to Mclaren's Paddy Lowe, for insisting that the MP4-27 is one of the most reliable McLaren designs ever. What has he been smoking? :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

East Londoner wrote:I think HRT take this for now.

No no no no. They are heroes for making 107%. Heroes I tells ya!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

JeremyMcClean wrote:How about HRT for having to find a new owner again?

Or maybe Rosberg...

It turns out Rosberg was not running the same specification car as Michael Schumacher, instead running an older version, without the Coander effect.
Described as, "We tried our car from four months ago, practically," by Nico Rosberg himself.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104349
Message me on Discord.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Shadaza wrote:

Or maybe Rosberg...

It turns out Rosberg was not running the same specification car as Michael Schumacher, instead running an older version, without the Coander effect.
Described as, "We tried our car from four months ago, practically," by Nico Rosberg himself.

More like, "We're so desperate to be competitive we'll try anything, including running old cars!" :lol:

After qualifying, most of which I missed, I'd have to say Caterham for finally being completely outqualified by Marussia. I'm really delighted for Glock and Pic, it's really great Marussia have been able to develop the car, show real signs of improvement and actually beat Caterham properly, on pace, on the track. I hope they manage to stay ahead during the race tomorrow!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

AndreaModa wrote:
Shadaza wrote:

Or maybe Rosberg...

More like, "We're so desperate to be competitive we'll try anything, including running old cars!" :lol:

After qualifying, most of which I missed, I'd have to say Caterham for finally being completely outqualified by Marussia. I'm really delighted for Glock and Pic, it's really great Marussia have been able to develop the car, show real signs of improvement and actually beat Caterham properly, on pace, on the track. I hope they manage to stay ahead during the race tomorrow!

Must say, I've slowly started to take an interest in them. Their performances in the last few races, especially Pic's, has been nothing short of amazing. Either that, or Caterham really have stepped backwards. But they deserve to stay in 10th place in the constructors this year.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The title of this thread, for having such a dearth of capitalisation I'm scratching my eyeballs out with a fork. I'm a little OCD, I'm sorry...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

East Londoner wrote:Honourable mention to Mclaren's Paddy Lowe, for insisting that the MP4-27 is one of the most reliable McLaren designs ever. What has he been smoking? :lol:

Getting into Ron Dennis's stash of Johnnie Walker and Blue Nun is more like it :lol:
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Rejects of the Qualifying:
-Alonso
-Rosberg
-Sauber
-Caterham
-McLaren reliability
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Alonso: for being beaten by Massa in a crucial moment of the championshp.
Rosberg: for the idea of run in a old-spec car.
Caterham: for obvious reasons.
Sauber: for being so slow.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm going to put in a pre-emptive nomination to the left-hand side of the grid, because it will A) lead to Vettelwinslol and B), a ridiculous pile-up at the first corner. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I want to nominate the servers that these forums were on - this is the first time I have been able to access them in a whole week!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:I want to nominate the servers that these forums were on - this is the first time I have been able to access them in a whole week!

I think that's more of a ROTY candidate mate. :lol:
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Either Ferrari or gearbox penalties as a whole when a team can use them tactically. :(
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Vettel for his hypocritical moaning.
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Vettel - And that's why he will never be a true great
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

My initial thoughts are Mercedes or di Resta
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Mercedes. dropped like stones, again.
Message me on Discord.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Pirelli cowboy hats!
-Abraham Lincoln
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mercedes, definitely for me.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Mercedes' tyres management is getting more and more laughable. ROTR for me.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Ricciardo's strategist: For bathpluging Ricciardo's race with a fail strategy.
Sauber: Anonymous race. 0 points.
Ferrari: For bathpluging Massa's weekend. He could did some pressure in vettel in this race, but...
Kovalainen: Beaten by Petrov and spend entire race fighting with Timo Glock.

But I give my ROTR to Mercedes. Completely awful in the race. Schumacher was overtaken by everybody and had to do an extra pitstop because of famous mercedes tyre burning. Rosberg was anonymous.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Mercedes. Schumacher from 5th to 16th. That Mercedes car is absolutely rubbish in the race. I can't understand Hamilton that he's going to drive for them. Mercedes are just in front of the three backmarker teams at the moment. Not only ROTR, but also ROTY for me.

Dishonorable mention to Ferrari and this gearbox trick. Poor Massa.
Last edited by pi314159 on 18 Nov 2012, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
macherone

Post by macherone »

Mercedes, if they had to take Rosberg's car out of the museum, that speaks a lot about their development.

Dishonourable mention to Di Resta. Come on, 14th when your teammate did an 8th?
The child has grown, the dream is gone
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1. Nico Rosberg

2. Paul di Resta
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Shumacher: Dropped way back to 16th after starting 5th. Pitiful. Even Rosberg managed to finish ahead of him in that awful Mercedes, and Kovalinen came very close to beating him as well.

2. di Resta: Completley blown out of the water compared to his teammate.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I think the Ferrari thing made little difference in the end - Massa would have had to have pulled over for Alonso anyway had he been running ahead, and it's extremely unlikely he would have been mixing it in there with Hamilton and Vettel.

The gearbox rule gets a bronze awadr from me.

Silver goes to Sauber as they effectively had an open goal to snatch 5th in the constructors becuase it leads me to:

Gold goes to Merc for being a load of excrement. Though Schumacher did well in qually.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Mercedes: no matter which specification of the car is used, they scored 0 points for the fifth time in succession. Schumacher finished ONLY ahead of the backmarker teams. Laughable. They are lucky that Sauber scored zilch either... speaking of which:
Sauber: hopelessly anonymous around Austin
Paul di Resta: Hülkenberg brought home another four points, while Paul did nothing valuable again.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

James1978 wrote:I think the Ferrari thing made little difference in the end - Massa would have had to have pulled over for Alonso anyway had he been running ahead, and it's extremely unlikely he would have been mixing it in there with Hamilton and Vettel.

Yeah, and in fact the irony was that it worked out better for Massa as he got to show his pace and have a storming drive, where as you say, he was unlikely to have challenged Vettel or Hamilton and probably would've had to hold back with Alonso like in Korea.
-Abraham Lincoln
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

1. Schumacher
2. Mercedes
went

Post by went »

I had a lot of fun when Grosjean dropped to 21st early into the race, but it turns out that it was just some terrible tyre management.

But I'm going to go with Mercedes because I swear I remember seeing them winning a race sometime this year. I don't know. Might have been hallucinating. Although, according to Rosberg, they were running that car, just to see if it worked as it did back then- apparently not, although it did better than Schumi's. Also, talking about Michael, was it Button that he tried to crash into the pit lane exit wall?
McDuck

Post by McDuck »

ROTR Rick Perry:
That man is a scumbag and a pox on anything that he associates with. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he stole a blind man's wallet and raped a hooker in one of the trackside porta-johns today...

Runner up Red Bull Racing Renault's reliability:
You may have won the WCC today, but Webber's DNF may have cost Vettel the driver's championship. His downbeat post-race chat with the team underscored this.
The USA is three meals away from chaos.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I'm back after a long hiatus because I died for a while. I should come to this site more often.

3rd - Mario Andretti: That was the worst post race interview I have ever seen in my life. I'm praying that they'll ditch this stupid gimmick with former drivers doing the interviews.

2nd - Paul Whatshisname: If this were 1989 with 30+ entries, I would have forgotten he was driving this season. He is such an average driver, proven here one again when he just did absolutely nothing.

1st - Mercedes: Christ on a bendy bus. Worst team this season by far. They went from winning a race in China, to not scoring a point in 5 races. They were absolutely nowhere in this race. Schumacher went from 5th on the grid to SIXTEENTH in the race. That is impressively rejectful.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Mario wasn't great I'll grant you, but worse than Jacky Ickx - surely not?!

Anyhow, I'm going to give it to Mercedes and Sauber equally - fighting for position in the Constructors? No, fighting to not be just in front of Petrov and Heikki....
Bob

Post by Bob »

My vote goes to Michael Schumacher - 5th to 16th :lol:
pher38

Post by pher38 »

I would give it to the FOM TV director for missing several key incidents during the race. The worst decision though was when they tried to be really clever and decided to show a bizarre rearward shot for the start of the race! It was incredibly frustrating having to watch the run up to the first corner from such a daft angle! Usually the FOM camera shots for the race are quite good!
"Lap 20 and I do hope for the sake of the gallant hard trying Simtek team that their car with Jos Verstappen keeps running, his team mate Schiattarella is also still running in 13th place but Jos Verstappen from Holland..is in sixth position!"
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Mercedes - Did they seriously win a race?
STR strategists - Pitted Ricciardo at least 10 laps too late.
TV director - Oh, will Ricciardo get past Grosjean? I don't know, because suddenly we're looking at a Williams.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, the TV director was rather erratic today...