Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - 2012 Canada

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AndreaModa

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - 2012 Canada

Post by AndreaModa »

1. Perez
2. Grosjean

Only because Perez made up more places and is in a worse car. He came out after his stop with Webber and Raikkonen and look where they ended up.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

eurobrun wrote:Has anyone nominated anyone other than Perez and GGRRSJJJJJJJJNNNNNNNN

So far, no.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Perez, then Grosjean, like everyone else.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

1) GRRRJJJJNNNN
2) Perez

yes, some controversy here, as i put GRJN higher than Perez :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ranig

Post by ranig »

1. Perez
2. Massa

Not Grosjean because I expected Lotus to be strong this week-end.

Massa because apart from his errors, I didn't expect him to perform good considering is execrable season so far. I prooved that he was able to fight back, even if the result is not that good, his race was.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Massa drove about 4 good laps. Amid all the madness towards the end of race with the tyres, he scored a majestic... Single point. *facepalm's the desk*.

I'll admit his qualifying was pretty solid, just like Monaco, but if 'turning a corner' sees him score a 10th... Well that's just plain ol' shite...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Massa drove about 4 good laps. Amid all the madness towards the end of race with the tyres, he scored a majestic... Single point. *facepalm's the desk*.

I'll admit his qualifying was pretty solid, just like Monaco, but if 'turning a corner' sees him score a 10th... Well that's just plain ol' shite...

That being said, if it wasn't for that spin, he may have actually stood a good chance of a podium
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1. Perez - He is the future. He is the youngest of the current young crop, and the best. It's unfortunate that Kobayashi has him as his team mate because even though Kamui has driven quite well this season he has been outshone, especially in the big results. Two podiums for a Sauber in one season is just excellent by Sergio. He reminds me of a Senna in Toleman. Made some huge overtakes along the way.

2. Grosjean - Solid race. Managed his tyres superbly. Had even a sniff at victory, although I believe Hamilton backed off at the end. Is outshining Kimi, which is good for his reputation.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Massa drove about 4 good laps. Amid all the madness towards the end of race with the tyres, he scored a majestic... Single point. *facepalm's the desk*.

That being said, if it wasn't for that spin, he may have actually stood a good chance of a podium

And that entire bit where his tyres went to hell.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

ranig wrote:1. Perez
2. Massa

With that second nomination, now we finally have someone else outside the Perez-Grosjean duo.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Shizuka wrote:
2. Massa

With that second nomination, now we finally have someone else outside the Perez-Grosjean duo.

I don't want ranig to take this the wrong way since I am just stating the predicament of poor Massa these days, but when someone nominates him for IIDOTR when he, despite being somewhat on pace, spun and only managed a tenth, which were 'only' five positions behind his team-mate, we can be sure of how low our expectations of Massa are...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Benetton wrote:1. Perez - He is the future. He is the youngest of the current young crop

Actually, Charles Pic, Jaime Alguersuari and Jean-Eric Vergne are all younger than he is ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tommykl wrote:
Benetton wrote:1. Perez - He is the future. He is the youngest of the current young crop

Actually, Charles Pic, Jaime Alguersuari and Jean-Eric Vergne are all younger than he is ;)

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

I've got to say that when RMMNN and Perez flew by Vettel and Alonso at the end, I assumed they were both on 2 stops. The fact that they annihilated two former champs while on 1 stop shows how good their cars are and how much mechanical sympathy they have. Maybe two future world champions.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:I've got to say that when RMMNN and Perez flew by Vettel and Alonso at the end, I assumed they were both on 2 stops. The fact that they annihilated two former champs while on 1 stop shows how good their cars are and how much mechanical sympathy they have. Maybe two future world champions.

They also played the 1 stop card later than Alonso and Vettel. They pitted later than them which made all the difference in the end, although in Grrrjjjnnn's case it was only a few laps later. Alonso and Vettel tried to go all the way in a it's all or nothing strategy. Vettel U-turn on the strategy won him the place over Alonso in the end but effectively both lost a podium finish.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
ranig

Post by ranig »

DanielPT wrote:
Shizuka wrote:
2. Massa

I don't want ranig to take this the wrong way since I am just stating the predicament of poor Massa these days, but when someone nominates him for IIDOTR when he, despite being somewhat on pace, spun and only managed a tenth, which were 'only' five positions behind his team-mate, we can be sure of how low our expectations of Massa are...

Yeah, excpectations for Massa are low. Before the quals, I expected him to be were Button was sunday...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
Row Man Gross-Gene wrote:I've got to say that when RMMNN and Perez flew by Vettel and Alonso at the end, I assumed they were both on 2 stops. The fact that they annihilated two former champs while on 1 stop shows how good their cars are and how much mechanical sympathy they have. Maybe two future world champions.

They also played the 1 stop card later than Alonso and Vettel. They pitted later than them which made all the difference in the end, although in Grrrjjjnnn's case it was only a few laps later. Alonso and Vettel tried to go all the way in a it's all or nothing strategy. Vettel U-turn on the strategy won him the place over Alonso in the end but effectively both lost a podium finish.

Perez pitted around lap 40. BUT he did the last half of the race on the super softs. How he made them last 30 odd laps I'll never know
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Perez pitted around lap 40. BUT he did the last half of the race on the super softs. How he made them last 30 odd laps I'll never know

It wasn't really that hard. The leaders made their super-softs last 20 laps after being used in qualifying and with the car heavy on fuel. We all know that the Sauber is gentler on its tyres and Perez style is suits them well, so make it 30 when lighter on fuel and with the track well rubbered.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

It wasn't really that hard. The leaders made their super-softs last 20 laps after being used in qualifying and with the car heavy on fuel. We all know that the Sauber is gentler on its tyres and Perez style is suits them well, so make it 30 when lighter on fuel and with the track well rubbered.

Ah. It all makes sense now. I probably should have made that connection myself but, alas, I'm too ignorant :oops:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Ah. It all makes sense now. I probably should have made that connection myself but, alas, I'm too ignorant :oops:

It was still quite a feat though since in those 30 laps he was often the fastest man on track.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

And yet Sauber keeps on saying their car is too hard on their tyres, every race over and over again...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
mario

Post by mario »

DanielPT wrote:

To a certain extent, I suspect that Alonso or Vettel originally planned to do a two stop strategy but, with Hamilton having the advantage of track position and being able to bring his tyres up to temperature more rapidly than either Vettel or Alonso, decided that they couldn't beat Hamilton through pitting again (since, if they pitted earlier, McLaren would naturally bring Hamilton in immediately to counter) and then chose to gamble on a one stop.
That, I think, also played a crucial part in Vettel and Alonso's decline in tyre life - given that McLaren were fully committed to a two stop strategy, Hamilton's strategy relied on him running in clean air and putting in quick laps throughout his stint. If you compare what Hamilton did after his first stop against what Grosjean did, Hamilton immediately starts pumping in several quick laps back to back in order to break away from Alonso and Vettel; Grosjean, by comparison, initially puts in a couple of quick laps but then backs off slightly for about five or six laps before beginning to push on again, which makes it look like he was "conditioning" his tyres in the early phase of that lengthy final stint.
When Hamilton started pumping in several quick laps after his first stop, we saw that Alonso then picked up his pace to match and even slightly catch Hamilton, with Vettel following suit; I wouldn't be surprised, therefore, if those quicker laps by Alonso and Vettel that they pumped in as they countered Hamilton's pace was part of the reason why their tyres were going off more quickly that Grosjean's were.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Provisional results - I don't think anyone else want to vote (plus I think 92 points between Perez and Grosjean is hard, nigh impossible to bridge), but you can do it until tomorrow:

1. Sergio Perez - 374 pts
2. Romain Grosjean - 282 pts
3. Felipe Massa - 6 pts

DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

I would vote but I'd just be bandwagoning with everyone else.

Bathplug.

1. Perez
2. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

And with that, here is the final result:

1. Sergio Perez - 384 pts
2. Romain Grosjean - 288 pts
3. Felipe Massa - 6 pts

Least IIDOTR candidates, EVER?