100101 New Year's Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

100101 New Year's Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day everyone

Happy New Year to everyone! To celebrate the arrival for 2010, and more importantly to co-incide with the birthday of HWNSNBM, we proudly release this special New Year's Edition this 1st January (and yes it still is only 3.50pm on Jan 1 in Samoa as I type this!).

This podcast features all the rumours that are fit to ramble on about, we play Santa for the F1 paddock (and incorporate some of your ideas from the relevant thread), there is more Jug Band, more focus on Vanuatu, and we replicate our efforts last year at a season-ending musical abomination by recording something we can only hope may lead to a lawsuit.

We hope you enjoy and have a great year!

Cheers,
Jamie
Snoozey2

Re: 100101 New Year's Edition

Post by Snoozey2 »

Congratulations, J-Law - you've just recorded your first # 1 single. :D
fvanalst

Post by fvanalst »

Excellent podcast as usual guys! Really enjoyed the song at the end. And thank you for mentioning my Xmas gift idea to Mario Andretti for an honorary drive in the US F1 car.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

As usual, another great podcast. The Christmas presents and the song were excellent although I feel sorry for eytl recieving the special edition of Talladega Nights from his wife (it could have been worse, you could have been given "Driven"- starring Sly Stallone - for Christmas). However, in honour of this (and NASCAR becoming the new series for F1 rejects), I decided to make a F1 Rejects/Talladega Nights car for NASCAR '09, which is basically a Ricky Bobby car from another forum with F1 Rejects logos pasted all over it .
This is a cool spot.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Vodkimi Raicecreamcokeonnen.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

thehemogoblin wrote:Vodkimi Raicecreamcokeonnen.

Cant wait to see him racing in the WRC for the Citroen Junior Team. The only problem would be trying to keep him away from the Munchi's Ford team truck :lol: .
This is a cool spot.
Snoozey2

Post by Snoozey2 »

Uh, hi - it's me again.

Hope you don't mind, but i was seized by a moment of madness (lasting about 6 hours) and strung a few images to go with your inspired re-interpretation of a Christmas classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIa9-Wr4HWs

Kamui ftw in 2010!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Petronas Fondmetal Team Malaysia Team Lotus Cosworth *gasping for breath*

While I hang my head in shame :oops:
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Snoozey2 wrote:Uh, hi - it's me again.

Hope you don't mind, but i was seized by a moment of madness (lasting about 6 hours) and strung a few images to go with your inspired re-interpretation of a Christmas classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIa9-Wr4HWs

Kamui ftw in 2010!

Snoozey you champion... nice job!! Except I almost vomited when a certain picture came on the screen. So other than that, awesome!! We would never have considered anything like that as we didn't think anyone would actually make it listening through the whole thing.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I'm outraged that this podcast was not called the Happy Birthday HWNSNBM Edition. Hang your heads in shame! :evil:

Other then that I loved the single from J-Law. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
mario

Post by mario »

Currently listening to your pod cast at the moment, and enjoying it quite a lot. The only slight thing that I would like to pick you guys up on is over Schumacher's contract. Strictly speaking, the contract is officially for 1 year, but contains an option for him to continue for the following two years if both sides agree to it.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Snoozey2

Post by Snoozey2 »

Kuwashima wrote:Snoozey you champion... nice job!! Except I almost vomited when a certain picture came on the screen. So other than that, awesome!! We would never have considered anything like that as we didn't think anyone would actually make it listening through the whole thing.

Thanks Masami - that means a lot. :)

Hey, what's a hit single without a music video? ;)

You almost vomited... that was the "mildest" pic i could find! :shock:
Rosstitute

Post by Rosstitute »

So glad to hear Schumacher might be coming back. Long live The 3rd Best Driver in F1!

Oh, but yeah, Schuyler is pronounced sky-lur, though nobody ever gets it right. In any case, thanks for the g'day.

Anyway, great show, as per usual. And that beatles cover
was really moving. Powerful stuff.
P.S. Excuse me for choosing "The Paul Stoddart Memorial Forum" to leave a offer for men about achat propecia
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Rosstitute wrote:So glad to hear Schumacher might be coming back. Long live The 3rd Best Driver in F1!

Oh, but yeah, Schuyler is pronounced sky-lur, though nobody ever gets it right. In any case, thanks for the g'day.

Wasn't a Beatles cover. Needed to point that out. It was a John and Yoko cover.

Very different.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Copied the podcast into my MP3 player and went for a walk. A friend on my dad's saw me and called my old man to tell him I was laughing out loud on the street... :oops: I am not kidding.

Brilliant bit, gents!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Copied the podcast into my MP3 player and went for a walk. A friend on my dad's saw me and called my old man to tell him I was laughing out loud on the street... :oops: I am not kidding.

Brilliant bit, gents!

It's not a disgrace to laugh at something when it seems there's nothing to laugh about. It happens to me sometimes... :lol:
Rosstitute

Post by Rosstitute »

shinji wrote:
Rosstitute wrote:So glad to hear Schumacher might be coming back. Long live The 3rd Best Driver in F1!

Very different.

Ugh, you're right... Must have had a bit too much of that left over "special" eggnog.
P.S. Excuse me for choosing "The Paul Stoddart Memorial Forum" to leave a offer for men about achat propecia
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Rosstitute wrote:
shinji wrote:

Very different.

Ugh, you're right... Must have had a bit too much of that left over "special" eggnog.

If you don't mind me asking, what the hell is eggnog? I've heard it mentioned so many times yet have no idea what it is.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

If you don't mind me asking, what... ...is eggnog? I've heard it mentioned so many times yet have no idea what it is. {shinji - previous commenter}

Eggnog is a drink consisting of a combination of assorted dairy products, sugar and cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Optionally, any alcoholic beverage may be added. Someone else may tell you what it tastes like because I've never had any.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

It's amazing... do they not have it in Britain or something?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

thehemogoblin wrote:It's amazing... do they not have it in Ireland or something?

Learn the difference. It'll save your life :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Wizzie wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:It's amazing... do they not have it in Ireland or something?

Learn the differences indeed. First day in England, I talked to the landlady of the Bed & Breakfast where I was staying and somehow managed to call her English. She was Scottish. Suffice to say I was almost kicked out of the place... :?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Learn the differences indeed. First day in England, I talked to the landlady of the Bed & Breakfast where I was staying and somehow managed to call her English. She was Scottish. Suffice to say I was almost kicked out of the place... :?

Thats why I say everyone is British, as really, thats what we are (plus it saves a lot of problems)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Collieafc wrote:Thats why I say everyone is British, as really, thats what we are

except for the Irish ;)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Never go to Ireland and make that mistake, certain people won't take kindly (that's massive understatement). Visiting my relatives in Tipperary was an enjoyable trip a few years ago, though the village they lived in was decades behind modern developments. I'm yet to listen to the podcast, though it sounds like it was a pip and a dandy.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Alianora La Canta wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what... ...is eggnog? I've heard it mentioned so many times yet have no idea what it is. {shinji - previous commenter}

Eggnog is a drink consisting of a combination of assorted dairy products, sugar and cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Optionally, any alcoholic beverage may be added. Someone else may tell you what it tastes like because I've never had any.

thehemogoblin wrote:It's amazing... do they not have it in Britain or something?

When I was at university in the first half of the LAST decade, I lived with someone who drank it most mornings with raw egg. Generally a strange fellow, yet somehow charming...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

By the way, woo hoo! I got my first mention in the podcast! Made my day, that did. So I 'm going to type it again. Woo hoo!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:It's amazing... do they not have it in Britain or something?

I hope you're joking.

Even if it is easily confused. It's funny, whenever Irish people are on holiday and they're heard speaking English, the waiter or whatever will often ask, repulsed "Are you English?", the response is of course, "No, Irish,", whereupon the waiter brightens up and mentions something about leprachauns or Guinness.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Ah, but the difference is that Ireland is a seperate country, so therefore somebody from Ireland would be rightly unhappy at being labeled British (Unless its Northern Ireland, but thats when things get a bit :? )
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Its not confusing, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and the Republic of Ireland isn't. The history of how that came about is confusing and dangerous, so let's not go there.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Debaser wrote:Its not confusing, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and the Republic of Ireland isn't. The history of how that came about is confusing and dangerous, so let's not go there.

Let's not.

BTW, where are your relations from in Tipp? I kind of know around there.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I've been a long way - visited Tipperary while on a trip to see my godfather in Union Hall, County Cork. Was on in the Republic a week or so. Woo hoo - off topic, yet again... :o
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

I had to join the board as a result of the terrific New Year's Podcast. Terrific rendition of "Merry Christmas"! You gents have some talent, I'm sure of it!
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

What can I say J-Law? Nissany at USF1 is about the best peace solution anyone has thought of.
I wonder if the UN listens to the podcast?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I was actually directing that at Alianora La Canta.

Calm down. Don't shoot.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

shinji wrote:
Debaser wrote:Its not confusing, Northern Ireland is part of the UK and the Republic of Ireland isn't. The history of how that came about is confusing and dangerous, so let's not go there.

Let's not.

My relations are the O'Hara's from a village called Birdhill in Tipperary, which according to wikipedia was voted "Tidiest place in Ireland".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Debaser wrote:
shinji wrote:

Let's not.

My relations are the O'Hara's from a village called Birdhill in Tipperary, which according to wikipedia was voted "Tidiest place in Ireland".

Oh right. Driven through there going to Limerick.

It is very tidy.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Great podcast, and not because I got my name mentioned.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for yet another good podcast, dear webmaster and dear site author.
Unfortunately, this year's January edition has been lacking on track action, which of course is only the fault of the testing ban and the closure of series that run during the Southern Summer, such as A1GP (RIP)

It'll be interesting to find out in the next podcast who is to become the Mercedes GP reserve driver, if Fisico can still find a seat, what the progress of the new teams (USF1, Campos, Playboy Mansion ... erm no ... Virgin Manor, Fondmetal Team Malaysia, and BMW Sauber ... which is still their official name) will be like, and how Scott Speed will perform in the Daytona 500.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Great podcast, guys!! :D Nice song towards end!! :o
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.