Hamilton or Rosberg

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AdrianSutil

Hamilton or Rosberg

Post by AdrianSutil »

In about 4 hours time we will know who has won the WDC for 2014. Simple question, who do you want to win it and why?

For me it's Hamilton simply because I'm a fan of him. Not taking anything away from Rosberg as he's an excellent driver but I think Hamilton has been the better driver overall throughout the year.

lets keep the discussion civil please...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Captain Hammer

Re: Hamilton or Rosberg

Post by Captain Hammer »

Head says Hamilton. Heart says Rosberg.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Hami, due to Monaco and Spa
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd love Rosberg to win it, simply because this is almost certainly his best opportunity for a title, and I can't really see him challenging next year (I reckon it's gonna be Hammy vs Ricky in 2015).

I've accepted that Hammy's probably gonna win it, so I'm just looking forward to the race.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Hamilton will probably win it, and justifiably so because he's done a better job on track this year. I still want Rosberg to win it because I will take pleasure in watching the internet explode and have ham pie all over its face in the resulting outrage.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

I hope Hamilton wins it. He's been amazing: despite often qualifying worse than Rosberg, he's managed to win 10 races, and has had to fight for it on track. He's seemed more level and mature than he often does. If it wasn't for Abu Double points the title race wouldn't be as close as it is.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

East Londoner wrote:I'd love Rosberg to win it, simply because this is almost certainly his best opportunity for a title, and I can't really see him challenging next year (I reckon it's gonna be Hammy vs Ricky in 2015).

I've accepted that Hammy's probably gonna win it, so I'm just looking forward to the race.

Ditto for me. I've never really liked Hamilton and would prefer Rosberg to win the title in perhaps the only year he has a real shot at it. Especially as this is probably the last season I'm watching closely.

Also, Hammy already has a title. :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Providing it's not through mechanical failure or being punted off by some random incident then either driver.
Just For One Day...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Well I'm OK either way - I want Hamilton to win it (he's won double the amount of races as the other guy with the same equipment) but I did have a bet on Rosberg just before the US Grand Prix so I'll get some money if he does.

What I really don't want is double points changing who is champion, but I can't see any result apart from a Mercedes 1-2 or one or both of them retiring - if Rosberg wins (or finishes 2nd) and Hamilton retires then Rosberg would win under normal points anyway. I can't imagine circumstances where one or both of them is finishing 5th, 6th, 7th, that sort of thing.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Well I don't like Hamilton all that much, not to mention how even more insufferable the BBC and Sky will be in their excessive, ott praise of him if he does become a double WDC, so Rosberg.

I won't dispute that Hamilton probably deserves it more at this stage though.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I want Hamilton to win more than Rosberg. But Rosberg might win because Lewis could make a bad start and get trapped behind the Williams for the rest of the race (they're very fast on the straights as usual). Or his tyre/engine fails and then he's toast, sausages.
But if Rosberg DNFs, then for the first time since 1998 the title will be automatically decided in the middle of the race. My heart is saying Lewis Hamilton will win.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Rosberg - partly out of nostalgia for his old man (I started following F1 in 1982, after all), partly because I find Hamilton less likeable (and the Hamilton cheer squad completely insufferable), partly because there's even a bit of an underdog/not a 'real' champion/has to work a bit harder and smarter than the 'natural champions' vibe about Rosberg that I am always going to sympathize with, and ... well ... Hamilton's already got a title, hasn't he?

Deep down, though, I know Hamilton deserves it on the strength of his driving this year, and he has been the better driver of the two. Good luck to them both, I guess.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Well just thrown my betting slip away..............
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Well, I was kinda split in loyalties pre-race, being British and born in the year Keke Rosberg won the title. So I might have suggested that I was supporting Hamberg.

But I am happy that, in the end, double-points made absolutely no difference whatsoever and the guy with more race wins won. Plus Lewis did not score in the first race of the year, and Nico did not score in the final race (not entirely fair due to double-points but a but an interesting point in my mind).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA