2014 Brazilian GP ROTR thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Frogfoot9013

2014 Brazilian GP ROTR thread

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Post your nominations as you see fit.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Ed24

Re: 2014 Brazilian GP ROTR thread

Post by Ed24 »

Massa might get a podium yet, but he's tried so hard to throw it away that he could be nominated yet :lol:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

He got a podium, so even I can't nominate him now, (even though I did before the race). He's been rubbish, but less rubbish than others I guess if we go by results (which we should).
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Williams pitstops: Massa had a stop-go penalty and accidentally pulled into the McLaren pits, and Bottas had a problem with his seatbelts and another with the front wing. Nothing short of comical.

Dishonourable mentions to Hamilton's spin for costing him a likely victory and the TV director for thinking that because the field has shrunk there are now 8 and not 18 cars in the field.
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

William's Pitcrew: C'mon guys.. Nice way to not finish 3-4 today. :lol:

Daniel Juncadella: Ruined Pérez race.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Despite wanting to see him win the title, I have to give my ROTR nomination to Lewis Hamilton for that spin. If it had cost him the win, it could well cost him the title regarding the possibility of bad reliabilty at Yas Marina in 14 days.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Well, difficult to nominate someone, but I'm go with Hamilton. First, because the spin (he was lucky of not ending the day in the tyre barrier). Second, for not giving a proper fight for the victory to us.

Special Mention:

The weather: Rained everyday since Monday in São Paulo and all sessions in the Brazilian Grand Prix were in the dry conditions.
Pitcrews: Too much errors.
Bottas' bad lucky in Interlagos: Second race in-a-row that something bad happens.
Last edited by Dj_bereta on 09 Nov 2014, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

pablo_h wrote:He got a podium, so even I can't nominate him now, (even though I did before the race). He's been rubbish, but less rubbish than others I guess if we go by results (which we should).

He did advocate the use of the softer tyres which either redeems or condemns him further depending on your point of view.

If he hadn't got a podium, would have been a pretty good shout for the award for not heeding the warnings of 2013 when he threw away a podium with a penalty and got a RotR.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Not Massa himself who done well, but Massas pit stop blunder for looking very silly in the best most entertaining way.
Making up the numbers
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Bottas' seatbelt - Never seen that in F1 or Massa going into the wrong pitcrew area thingy.

HM to Crofty with the damn hammer time. I swear he could be the worst commentator at the moment until I remembered that Shane Warne, Danny Morrison, Jon Barry and Michael Slater exist.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Aguaman wrote:Bottas' seatbelt - Never seen that in F1 or Massa going into the wrong pitcrew area thingy.

Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton have had similar satnav problems.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

The tyres at the start of the race
Although they levelled out later, that was a bit dire.

Dishonourable mentions - general Williams pit issues, the half empty grid, really felt the difference compared to the last race.

Aguaman wrote:HM to Crofty with the damn hammer time.

I'm normally one of Crofty's few defenders, but every time he says hammertime (about 3 times a race now), I dry heave.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Had to give this one to Williams despite Massa being third, as those pitstops were... well, pretty horrible and I didn´t really find anyone else making more obvious mistakes during the race.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

The Ferrari jack failing on Raikkonen's car. Ruined a possible podium IMO.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

This will be shared by the idiotic Hammertime bastard David Croft and Williams Auto Service for me.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Williams F1 Team inside the pit lane.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Gonna go against the tide and nominate Sauber again. 55 laps. That's how long Sauber have left this year to prevent the ultimate embarrassment, having a big fat 0 against their name in the WCC for the first time ever. And on the basis of the last 2/3rds of the race, that's exactly what's gonna happen. Truly dire race pace, after Guti managed to raise some hopes earlier on with his reverse strategy. They are gonna be regretting the events of Monaco for a long time.

Honourable mentions to:

Daniel Juncadella - He pretty much ruined Perez's race on Friday
Williams - Comedy of errors, but escape ROTR manly due to Massa's podium.
Sky commentary team - Brundle and Crofty are becoming absolutely unbearable at the moment. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I think it has to go to Williams this time.
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

My ROTR goes to Lewis Hamilton for tht pathetic spin.
DHM's to David bathplugging Croft and the guy with the Hamilton is as good as Senna banner.
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

It's has to be Rosberg for b!tching after end of podium interview
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
mario

Post by mario »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Aguaman wrote:Bottas' seatbelt - Never seen that in F1 or Massa going into the wrong pitcrew area thingy.

Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton have had similar satnav problems.

At least in the case of Hamilton and Massa, the similarity in the colour of the overalls of McLaren/Williams and McLaren/Mercedes make the error a little more forgiveable (whereas, in Button's case, the contrast in the colour of the overalls is a bit more obvious).

As Zergon says, Williams's pit lane antics probably should take the award in this situation - it was as if everything that could go wrong did go wrong in the end, and although Massa did salvage a podium out of it, they still lost out badly with Bottas. Mind you, that wasn't the only botched stop:

golic_2004 wrote:The Ferrari jack failing on Raikkonen's car. Ruined a possible podium IMO.

I don't think he was quite on for a podium - he finished much further back from Massa than the lost time in the stop alone accounts for - but he perhaps could have finished around where Vettel did without that error.
As was also pointed out by the commentators, this isn't the first time this issue has happened either given that they also had a front jack failure in Austin too - the idea is clever, but two similar failures in back to back races might perhaps be a sign of some sort of manufacturing defect.

To a certain extent, I think that Magnussen deserves something of a dishonourable mention - whilst he was close to Button in qualifying, in the race he slipped back and was perhaps a little lucky to even be in 9th given Bottas's problems and Ricciardo's retirement brought him into the points.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Is it just me or does Lewis Hamilton in a titlefight cause the British Commentators become unbearable? I haven't seen this much complaining about a british commentator since 07-08 and whatshisface, Allen?

Anyway, easy Rotr. Anything regarding Williams and Pitlane.. not only was the crew bumbling, but so were the drivers.

Also, if Hamilton loses the title in Yas Marina, I will retroactively award the RotR to his spin here.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

DonTirri wrote:Is it just me or does Lewis Hamilton in a titlefight cause the British Commentators become unbearable? I haven't seen this much complaining about a british commentator since 07-08 and whatshisface, Allen?

Anyway, easy Rotr. Anything regarding Williams and Pitlane.. not only was the crew bumbling, but so were the drivers.

Also, if Hamilton loses the title in Yas Marina, I will retroactively award the RotR to his spin here.

No, it is not just you. The comentaters are quite unbearable about Hamilton. Methinks it is more so on Sky than BBC judging by what people have been saying here and on the chat.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I don't think anyone performed overly poorly against expectations (as for Hamilton's spin, I didn't expect him to be pushing Rosberg at all, so it was good to see that he was trying). As such I will have to go for an inanimate object, which obviously has to be Bottas' seatbelts.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Bottas' seatbelt - Or did that mechanic just fancy copping a quick feel?
Hamilton and his spin - unlikely to be utlimately costly but still a numpty manoeuvre on a day when safe and sensible was the way to go
Just For One Day...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Pirelli: Paul Hembery is full of BS to think that he's fooling anyone saying that Pirelli do a reserch for tyre selection. Interlagos ate up the tyres faster than Bernie expend his money.

2)Daniel Juncadella: The rookie mistake compromised Checo Perez weekend, and for a local boy to fail like that, double fail.

Dishonorable mentions to pit stops in general (choke here, choke there...) and Sauber (not even Guti heroics in quali can save them now)

The Idiotic Haters Award goes to HamHaters, just because their whinning is as annoying as Vettel's or Alonso's
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

SeedStriker wrote:1)Pirelli: Paul Hembery is full of BS to think that he's fooling anyone saying that Pirelli do a reserch for tyre selection. Interlagos ate up the tyres faster than Bernie expend his money.

Pirelli initially wanted to bring harder compounds. It was Massa who preferred softer compounds and convinced Pirelli to change them...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Juncadella is Spanish, not Brazilian
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
W12

Post by W12 »

It has to be Williams because of their pitstops.

Honourable mention to Daniel Juncadella for ruining Perez' race.
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

For ROTR I will go with Williams pit-stops. That's it.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I vote for Nelson Piquet. If anyone wants to sound as creepy or lecherous as possible when hosting the podium interviews, watch yesterday's offering.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Ataxia wrote:I vote for Nelson Piquet. If anyone wants to sound as creepy or lecherous as possible when hosting the podium interviews, watch yesterday's offering.

Now I was thinking of Piquet as well, but he seems to be getting lots of votes for IIDOTR instead! Wonder if he could join Pele in becoming a Brazilian GP celebrity ROTR?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Ataxia wrote:I vote for Nelson Piquet. If anyone wants to sound as creepy or lecherous as possible when hosting the podium interviews, watch yesterday's offering.

I share that sentiment, since I honestly didn't watch the race, but watched that podium interview after hearing that Piquet was a creeper.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AllAmericanReject

Post by AllAmericanReject »

I nominate Piquet as well. If Hamilton is such a Senna fan, he should take a cue from the master and sleep with Nelson's wife to prove a point.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AllAmericanReject wrote:I nominate Piquet as well. If Hamilton is such a Senna fan, he should take a cue from the master and sleep with Nelson's wife to prove a point.

That was never proven.
Just For One Day...
andrew

Post by andrew »

May be hated for this but I will nominate Bottas, true his seatbelt went tits up and that gets a DM. But still in arguably the second fastest car he should have made his way back up.
Sauber, they were pants. My final nominations are lulus spin , cost him a better chance of victory and lulu haters, seriously guys give it a rest. Sometimes you are worse than the fanboys.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

andrew wrote:May be hated for this but I will nominate Bottas, true his seatbelt went tits up and that gets a DM. But still in arguably the second fastest car he should have made his way back up.

Did you miss him also losing loads of time on his second pitstop?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
andrew

Post by andrew »

Nuppiz wrote:
andrew wrote:May be hated for this but I will nominate Bottas, true his seatbelt went tits up and that gets a DM. But still in arguably the second fastest car he should have made his way back up.

Did you miss him also losing loads of time on his second pitstop?

No, just forgot about it, my bad.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

DonTirri wrote:Is it just me or does Lewis Hamilton in a titlefight cause the British Commentators become unbearable? I haven't seen this much complaining about a british commentator since 07-08 and whatshisface, Allen?

You only need to look at Brazil 2007 ROTR and that kind of says it all.

My nominations are:

The Sky commentary team: Crofty said Hammertime twice in the opening 10 laps. I dread to think of the commentary in Abu Dhabi
Daniel Ricciardo: In spite of a set-up change and his retirement he really was nowhere when he did race and Vettel would have easily beaten him. Also i feel this has been Dan's least impressive performance since Austria so I must nominate him for that
Sauber: For reasons East Londoner mentioned

But ROTR must be

Williams pit stops: Utterly pathetic after a super first stop
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

The race wasnt great but there was really nothing terrible about it either. It was just stuck in the middle. China and Sochi were dull, but Brasil was much better than either.

The only thing i really really hated about the whole thing was Piquet. I was initially happy to see him because i remember last year's horrible interview and though Piquet could only be much much better. What an idiot, what a rejectfull arse. Most godawful interview ever. Andretti was a bit casual and unprofessional but asked sensible questions and acted with dignity. Piquet wanted to know where Hamilton's hot armpiece was... wow. Shockingly horrible interview. That was the only thing he actually said to Lewis... asked him where Nicole was, twice.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.