Pascal Wehrlein - Wins first DTM Race, and gets F1 drive

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
razta

Pascal Wehrlein - Wins first DTM Race, and gets F1 drive

Post by razta »

Well I bet Paul di Resta's feeling bummed..

Pascal won his first DTM race ever - just yesterday and gets F1 reserve drive at Mercedes.. LOL

http://mercf1fans.com/mercedes-amg-f1/p ... ve-driver/
Shizuka

Re: Pascal Wehrlein - Wins first DTM Race, and gets F1 drive

Post by Shizuka »

Just wanted to write about it, you beat me to it. :P

That's an interesting prize... lol. Hope to see him do well.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
razta

Post by razta »

Shizuka wrote:Just wanted to write about it, you beat me to it. :P

That's an interesting prize... lol. Hope to see him do well.

Thing is, he looks like a hybrid between Rosberg and Hamilton - so does that mean Toto Wolff finally has the perfect driver? Lewis Rosberg? Nico Hamilton? Newis Rosilton? Lico Hamberg?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I don't know, but I doubt he'll get a debut at Mercedes. Probably they will strike a deal with Lotus saying "ok guys, you take him and we give you a discount on the engines".

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
razta

Post by razta »

Shizuka wrote:I don't know, but I doubt he'll get a debut at Mercedes. Probably they will strike a deal with Lotus saying "ok guys, you take him and we give you a discount on the engines".

YTD in Abu Dhabi might be his shot before Lotus.. so yeah
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I can't wait for Jamie to pronounce his name. : )
-*:-
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Shizuka wrote:I don't know, but I doubt he'll get a debut at Mercedes. Probably they will strike a deal with Lotus saying "ok guys, you take him and we give you a discount on the engines".

Even though both drivers are under contract? If he does I fear it'll be RoGro getting the boot
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

He beat Rafa Marciello in 2012 in the F3 Euroseries, and he was an F3 rookie, while Marciello had done Italian F3 before that. He'd also won the ADAC Formel Masters in 2011, beating Emil Bernstorff.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

This is him. What? Looks like... yeah, I know.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
razta

Post by razta »

Jocke1 wrote:I can't wait for Jamie to pronounce his name. : )

LOL!! it's pronounced according to Norbert Haug (DTM TV pundit) Pascal Wur-leen or to that effect
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

razta wrote:

LOL!! it's pronounced according to Norbert Haug (DTM TV pundit) Pascal Wur-leen or to that effect

Surely it should be Vair-Line?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Backmarker wrote:
razta wrote:

Wehr-, as in 'Gewehr' (German for rifle) and Lein as Line in English would be the correct pronunciation, although that could be difficult for those that don't speak German.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Backmarker wrote:
razta wrote:

http://youtu.be/KM2K7sV-K74?t=5s
-*:-
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

OK, I guess we all agree on the pronounciation of the -lein part of his name: line.

Now, let's talk about the Wehr-. I'm a native speaker of German, so I shall try my best to explain.
The vocal sound should be the same as the 'wear' in tyre wear. And the r after the vocal is also the same as in 'wear', meaning it's not really there, as it isn't in 'there' either. (Of course, following this description would not work with an American accent that's heavy on the R, but whatever.)

Now, on to the consonant at the beginning of the word Wehr-. There is the general impression that the W in German is pronounced like the V in English. To some extent, this applies here. But if you take a word like 'veal' for example, that word has a V that is way too pronounced because you put your lips together as if making a buzzing sound with the air going through.
Instead, please keep your mouth wide and the middle of your lips just slightly together in the middle so that the air goes out both sides and you have the Wehr-.
So it's like a V that comes out on both sides of your mouth as opposed to in the middle.

I hope this was understandable and is reproduceable. They never accused me of oversimplyfying things, you know ;-)
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Hm, from what i learned, the 'eh' is pronounced as a softer version of the french 'é' (but you explain it as a harder version of the french 'è'). Pronounced shorter than the dutch 'ee'. I guess that's maybe a local difference. Also there is no exact english equivalent of this sound.
(about the w and r parts, i agree)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Looks like Mercedes are making sure they're not outdone by Red Bull after they had Max Verstappen pinched off them. I can't see Pascal racing in F1 in the next couple of years unless Mercedes chuck a huge sack of money at Force India and get them to ditch The Hulk.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
razta

Post by razta »

watka wrote:Looks like Mercedes are making sure they're not outdone by Red Bull after they had Max Verstappen pinched off them. I can't see Pascal racing in F1 in the next couple of years unless Mercedes chuck a huge sack of money at Force India and get them to ditch The Hulk.

Either that or, Lotus
mario

Post by mario »

razta wrote:
watka wrote:Looks like Mercedes are making sure they're not outdone by Red Bull after they had Max Verstappen pinched off them. I can't see Pascal racing in F1 in the next couple of years unless Mercedes chuck a huge sack of money at Force India and get them to ditch The Hulk.

Either that or, Lotus

Presumably with an eye to forcing out Grosjean given that Maldonado's sponsorship is basically helping keep the team alive (it's perhaps no coincidence that Lotus's finances have improved markedly after he arrived)? Perhaps, but I would think that Mercedes might prefer Force India to Lotus given the technical partnership they have with Force India means they have closer ties with them.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Perhaps they're setting something up in the event three cars come into effect. Assuming that they do, the Mercedes stable could look like this:

Mercedes - Hamilton, Rosberg, Bottas
Force India - Hulkenberg, Perez, Wehrlein
Williams - Massa, Nasr, Ocon
Lotus - Grosjean, Maldonado, Merhi

Okay, I'm guessing on Ocon and Merhi (but given their performances, who wouldn't aim for them?) - but what a line-up! Even Maldonado has speed in him when the stars align the right way.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Captain Hammer wrote:Perhaps they're setting something up in the event three cars come into effect. Assuming that they do, the Mercedes stable could look like this:

Mercedes - Hamilton, Rosberg, Bottas
Force India - Hulkenberg, Perez, Wehrlein
Williams - Massa, Nasr, Ocon
Lotus - Grosjean, Maldonado, Merhi

Okay, I'm guessing on Ocon and Merhi (but given their performances, who wouldn't aim for them?) - but what a line-up! Even Maldonado has speed in him when the stars align the right way.

Given that Ocon is actually a Lotus young driver now and that Frank Williams already stated that he would do his best not to let Bottas go, I think a more realistic proposal would be:

Mercedes - Hamilton, Rosberg, Wehrlein
Force India - Hülkenberg, Pérez, Juncadella
Williams - Massa, Bottas, Nasr
Lotus - Grosjean, Maldonado, Ocon

Yeah, I know, it's boring and unimaginative :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?