Gran Turismo 6 Revealed

Archive for the three above subforums
SeedStriker

Gran Turismo 6 Revealed

Post by SeedStriker »

I didn't know in which thread this would be. If there's an idea for a gaminig thread, be my guest.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe celebrated today the 15th anniversary of the Gran Turismo franchise in Silverstone, revealing GT6 for the first time. Among other things, Silverstone and - wait for it - Mount Panorama will be added to the track list.
As for the cars, this are the ones spotted during the event in the SCE screen:

Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1952 (2010 Concours D'Elegance Polyphony Digital Award)
Acura NSX Concept (NA3) 2012
Acura NSX (NA1) 1990
Alfa Romeo Alfa Corse 155 V6 TI (DTM) 1993
Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde 2011http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9043/mitou.jpg
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale
Aston Martin Young Drivers AMR DBR9 (FIA GT1) 2011 http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...hlight=Fischer
Aston Martin Young Drivers AMR V12 Vantage GT3 (FIA GT3) 2012
Audi Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx R8 2004 (LM P1)
Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 (WRC Gruppe B) 1986
BMW M5 (F10)
Chevrolet Camaro Red Devil 1969 (2010 SEMA Best in Show)
Chevrolet Camaro (Mary Pozzi's ProTourer) 1971 (2011 SEMA Best in Show)
Citroën - (one of the brands included in Yamauchi's Twitter escapades)
Eckert Mach Forty 2012 (2012 SEMA Best in Show)
Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina 1954 (Tour de France) (2012 Concours D'Elegance Polyphony Digital Award)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT
Ford GT
Ford Focus ST Mk. III
Ford Fischer Racing GT GT3 (FIA GT3) 2012
GReddy Trust 35RX (DBA-R35) 2012 (2012 Tokyo Auto Salon Best in Show)
Honda NSX Concept (NA3) 2012
Honda S2000 (AP2) 2006
Hyundai Veloster Turbo 2012 (spotted being photographed by PD at Cobb Tuning in California)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2012 (either the Track or R-spec package)
Jaguar XJ220 1992
Jaguar XKR-S (X150) 2012
KTM X-Bow RR 2013
KTM X-Bow GT 2013
Lancia Martini Racing DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione II (WRC Gruppe A) 1993
Lexus LFA (LFA10) 2010
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG (W176) 2013
Mercedes Benz E63 AMG AWD Sportwagon (W213) 2013
Mercedes Benz Black Falcon Racing SLS AMG GT3 (C197) 2011 (VLN SP8/FIA GT3)
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 (C197)
N. Technology P4/5 Competizione (VLN SP8) 2011
NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) 2003
NISMO 370Z (Z34) 2010
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (BNR34) 2002
Phoenix's Power GT-R CBA-R35 2010 (2011 Tokyo Auto Salon Best in Show)
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster 1960 (2011 Concours D'Elegance Polyphony Digital Award)
RE Amemiya Lotus Europa 20B (2013 Tokyo Auto Salon Best in Show)
Tesla -
Toyota 86 GT (AS1) 2011
Toyota GT86 Cup Car? (AS1)
Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra (JZA80) (JGTC)

Hyped? Very! With Bathurst that only means that we'll get some V8 Supercars into the game!
dr-baker

Re: Gran Turismo 6 Revealed

Post by dr-baker »

I wanna DeLorean, the British Rockingham oval, Monza and the Manx TT. Otherwise, little interest. Still have had little time to have made much progress on GT5 since I got the game about... 3 years ago! Not that I don't like it...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

SeedStriker wrote:Hyped? Very! With Bathurst that only means that we'll get some V8 Supercars into the game!

Let's hope. In GT5, they only had one. Makes me wonder... I tried tuning a stock Holden to sound like and have the same specs as a V8 Supercar. One nasty beast to control.

For GT6, I'm hoping for better sound quality as it has been shite since the series came out. I don't like the more than 1000 cars in the game, especially 1500. Apparently, 41 of the 1,031 cars in GT5 were Nissan Skylines. Better car selections, please. The Nissan Skyline is not more significant than Ferrari!

As for tracks, I'd like to see Mangy-Cours, Hockenheim (new and old), Autopolis, and Jerez.

As for cars, maybe more historic F1 cars instead of FGTs and I don't see the point in the Red Bull X1. More LMP1 cars would be good, too. The Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro are the best ones to go with. More Group C cars would be good, especially the Porsches.

The graphics were good, but not the best.

Damage needs a massive overhaul. If you don't want the cars damaged, I can go with that. Besides that, no go.

Course maker disappoints me. What I'd like is to choose any spot on a simulated Earth and do whatever to that piece of land to create a track. Pave the track yourself (similar to ModNation Racers). Use whatever barriers, runoff area, pit complexes, road surfaces, how bumpy the track is, customize every corner, etc. With that, tracks won't be as rejectful as Catalunya!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Julien

Post by Julien »

Only 2 Ferraris and only 1 BMW....?
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

dr-baker wrote:I wanna DeLorean, the British Rockingham oval, Monza and the Manx TT. Otherwise, little interest. Still have had little time to have made much progress on GT5 since I got the game about... 3 years ago! Not that I don't like it...

DeLorean (though it is the re-engineered 2004 version) and Monza are both in GT5 ...

DeLorean : http://youtu.be/q8gzFlD6vE0

A race at Monza : http://youtu.be/IuTSc6LlTzA

Could find footage of the DeLorean and Monza together though ...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

go_Rubens wrote:For GT6, I'm hoping for better sound quality as it has been shite since the series came out. I don't like the more than 1000 cars in the game, especially 1500. Apparently, 41 of the 1,031 cars in GT5 were Nissan Skylines. Better car selections, please. The Nissan Skyline is not more significant than Ferrari!

I'm not surprised of the Japanese bias, and especially towards Nissan Skyline. In GT4, I think about 35-40 of the 700+ cars featured in the game were various Nissan Skylines - including a separate model for a special color (Midnight Purple)! :roll:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Nuppiz wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:For GT6, I'm hoping for better sound quality as it has been shite since the series came out. I don't like the more than 1000 cars in the game, especially 1500. Apparently, 41 of the 1,031 cars in GT5 were Nissan Skylines. Better car selections, please. The Nissan Skyline is not more significant than Ferrari!

I'm not surprised of the Japanese bias, and especially towards Nissan Skyline. In GT4, I think about 35-40 of the 700+ cars featured in the game were various Nissan Skylines - including a separate model for a special color (Midnight Purple)! :roll:

The issue with the Skylines (and Nissan in particular) is that Nissan is paying for the models to be in there. Have in mind that PD helped with the GT-R panel, so no wonder that the iconic model of the brand in in all its variants.

As for tracks, I'd like to see Mangy-Cours, Hockenheim (new and old), Autopolis, and Jerez.

As for cars, maybe more historic F1 cars instead of FGTs and I don't see the point in the Red Bull X1. More LMP1 cars would be good, too. The Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro are the best ones to go with. More Group C cars would be good, especially the Porsches.

More tracks will go 1-per-month as DLC. As for Porsche, since it has a contract with EA (for FM), it's almost impossible to have any of its Group C cars.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

SeedStriker wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

The issue with the Skylines (and Nissan in particular) is that Nissan is paying for the models to be in there. Have in mind that PD helped with the GT-R panel, so no wonder that the iconic model of the brand in in all its variants.

More tracks will go 1-per-month as DLC. As for Porsche, since it has a contract with EA (for FM), it's almost impossible to have any of its Group C cars.

I already knew that, but even if it's near impossible for it to happen, I'd like to see it. They could rebrand the cars as the actual racing team, like "Rothmans Racing" or something like that. Just another thought, being one of the many nerds in school. Being a nerd, I think about things all the time.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:Being a nerd, I think about things all the time.

:lol: I'm fairly certain people other than nerds also think about things. ;) :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Being a nerd, I think about things all the time.

:lol: I'm fairly certain people other than nerds also think about things. ;) :lol:

Yeah, I'm also sure they do ;) But I think about a lot of stuff more often than you'd think. I guess that happens to us younger kids. Especially being around total gossips :x
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I wonder why Polyphony hasn't used the "Dauer" loophole, to get at least the 962 into the game. They already did so with RUF, so why not with Dauer?
MIA SAN MIA!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

go_Rubens wrote:I already knew that, but even if it's near impossible for it to happen, I'd like to see it. They could rebrand the cars as the actual racing team, like "Rothmans Racing" or something like that. Just another thought, being one of the many nerds in school. Being a nerd, I think about things all the time.

It wouldn't have the Rothmans logos, as far as I'm aware they're fairly picky over that kind of thing. On GTPSP, they blanked out Silk Cut, Martini and Marlboro logos, so I can't see them having Rothmans in a team name
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

madmark1974 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I wanna DeLorean, the British Rockingham oval, Monza and the Manx TT. Otherwise, little interest. Still have had little time to have made much progress on GT5 since I got the game about... 3 years ago! Not that I don't like it...

DeLorean (though it is the re-engineered 2004 version) and Monza are both in GT5 ...

DeLorean : http://youtu.be/q8gzFlD6vE0

A race at Monza : http://youtu.be/IuTSc6LlTzA

Could find footage of the DeLorean and Monza together though ...

I have raced a DeLorean around Monza in GT5. Just saying, why would I then want to buy GT6? Only if the rest of the list also come up...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Special Stage Route 11 NEEDS to come back. GT1 layout with the chicane under the bridge. I'm not hopeful for it though.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FullMetalJack wrote:Special Stage Route 11 NEEDS to come back. GT1 layout with the chicane under the bridge. I'm not hopeful for it though.

This. The version from GT3 onwards just doesn't feel right. I know it's 95% the same track, but it's Special Stage Route goddamn 11! That track kicked my ass when I was 6, I miss it. :cry:
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

BATHURST! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now we just need a decent V8 Supercar. I don't care what By which I mean HOLDEN! or from when, as long as it isn't that eyesore of an AU. (And also at least a VE Commodore, I was quite miffed when I found out the only Commodore in GT5 was the VZ SS. 4 years after it was replaced! Ah well, at least there's the Monaro :lol: )
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Is GT still PS exclusive? Also, just watching GT1 footage on youtube, I was so blown away by those graphics when it came out!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Backmarker wrote:Is GT still PS exclusive? Also, just watching GT1 footage on youtube, I was so blown away by those graphics when it came out!

I still am blown away by those graphics. I suppose thats what you get for playing Playstation 1 games all the time :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Backmarker wrote:Is GT still PS exclusive?

Are Nintendo games still Nintendo exclusive? :P
Everything's great.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Look familiar to anyone? ;)
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Julien

Post by Julien »

A Cylon raider in neon lights?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Image

Special Stage Route 11, but not the original version... :cry:
Everything's great.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Hmm, so if the last game is anything to go by we can look forward to a 2020 release!
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shadaza wrote:Hmm, so if the last game is anything to go by we can look forward to a 2020 release!

Sometime before Half-Life 3, then.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Shadaza wrote:Hmm, so if the last game is anything to go by we can look forward to a 2020 release of the Prologue!

Fixed.

Seriously, was so disappointed with GT5. Paid all the money for the collectors edition and endured the 6-hour install, only to have 1,000 GT4 recycles and mostly fake tracks. I actually switched to Forza 4 (bought a 360 and wheel, just for it in fact). While not as realistic as GT5, FM4 was way more fun.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Image

Special Stage Route 11, but not the original version... :cry:

It's not the same without the underpass. Still a fantastic circuit though, imagine F1 racing there.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Wallio wrote:
Shadaza wrote:Hmm, so if the last game is anything to go by we can look forward to a 2020 release of the Prologue!

Fixed.

Seriously, was so disappointed with GT5. Paid all the money for the collectors edition and endured the 6-hour install, only to have 1,000 GT4 recycles and mostly fake tracks. I actually switched to Forza 4 (bought a 360 and wheel, just for it in fact). While not as realistic as GT5, FM4 was way more fun.

The real issue is what kind of driving you do like. FM4 is more for the tuners and the "pimp my ride" kind of dudes, but in terms of driving, is way too arcade and the 360 wheel is as plastic as Seb Vettel's smile. GT5 is a great driving experience, and you need to have in mind that most GT veterans still want to drive their old war horses in the new games (eg: Lancia Delta Integrale, Alfa 155 TC), but Kazunori is so damn perfectionist that we're at his mercy, so GT6 could be released in 2030!
And about the tracks, the FM series as a whole don't have that many real tracks in comparison to the GT series.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

SeedStriker wrote:
FM4 is more for the tuners and the "pimp my ride" kind of dudes,

No.....just no. This statement clearly shows you have never seen an episode of Pimp My Ride (which to your credit, is a good thing). They were all about TVs, and diamond encrusted wheels. Think of Need for Speed Underground 2, and all the neon and trunk mods. Being able to paint your car, and add functional spoilers and stuff isn't just for ricers, and as for "old iron" the Muscle Car Pack was sick. As I said, GT5 was a much better simulation, but as a game, as a source of fun, it sucked, big time. And since the GT for the PSP was so awful, and GT:HD failed miserably, it means Kaz is only 1 for his last 4! Hopefully GT6 will improve on it. And go back to the series glory days. To me though, GT2 is still the best bar none. I still play it to this day.
Last edited by Wallio on 23 May 2013, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:

No.....just no. This statement clearly shows you have never seen an episode of Pimp My Ride (which to your credit, is a good thing). They were all about TVs, and diamond encrusted wheels. Think of Need for Speed Underground 2, and all the neon and trunk mods.

... yeah, I think I know why I didn't like Forza now.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Wallio wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:

No.....just no. This statement clearly shows you have never seen an episode of Pimp My Ride (which to your credit, is a good thing). They were all about TVs, and diamond encrusted wheels. Think of Need for Speed Underground 2, and all the neon and trunk mods.

Huh? Did you even read my post?

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Wallio wrote:No.....just no. This statement clearly shows you have never seen an episode of Pimp My Ride (which to your credit, is a good thing). They were all about TVs, and diamond encrusted wheels. Think of Need for Speed Underground 2, and all the neon and trunk mods.

Huh? Did you even read my post?

Yes. I didn't like NFSU2.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Huh? Did you even read my post?

Yes. I didn't like NFSU2.[/quote]

Ok, but I compared Pimp My Ride to NFSU2, not Forza.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

My opinion of GT5 and Forza is that both are games. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both have their faults. I like both because they are games in general and have (good, even great) benefits to the experience of playing a racing game. This "Forza vs. GT5" shite that has been going on in my opinion has me pissed off. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of hearing the arguments that go on!

In conclusion, I like both equally. This is another post that should go in some sort of rantbox :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:My opinion of GT5 and Forza is that both are games. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both have their faults. I like both because they are games in general and have (good, even great) benefits to the experience of playing a racing game. This "Forza vs. GT5" shite that has been going on in my opinion has me pissed off. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of hearing the arguments that go on!

What? That was barely a discussion, much less an argument.
Everything's great.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

go_Rubens wrote:My opinion of GT5 and Forza is that both are games. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both have their faults. I like both because they are games in general and have (good, even great) benefits to the experience of playing a racing game. This "Forza vs. GT5" shite that has been going on in my opinion has me pissed off. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of hearing the arguments that go on!

I didn't say that what happened was an argument, but a lot of people do it. (Although now that I think of it, I phrased the quote like the discussion was an argument.). Sorry for that :oops:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

go_Rubens wrote:

I didn't say that what happened was an argument, but a lot of people do it. (Although now that I think of it, I phrased the quote like the discussion was an argument.). Sorry for that :oops:

It's all good. The arguing is stupid. Like I said, I have the collectors editions of both, and all the DLC for both. They're both great games. GT feels more like a JRPG in that you get almost no money and have to grind like hell (I never unlocked the enduros in GT5, as it just took too damn long to level up) and you need to plan out your builds. Forza is more like a Japanese game show. You turned on your Xbox? Here's $25,000 and a free car! You won a race? Free Car! You leveled up? Here's $100,000! I had over 200 cars in Forza, all highly built up, whereas, I had about 60-70 in GT5, some still stock, and 5 of which I got for buying thr Collectors edition. Money was just too hard to come by. That being said, a true gearhead would own both. And really the only problems eith game has is the "standard cars" in GT5 (not going to lie, that really pissed me (and many others) off, but I think it will be rectified in 6) and the AI and brake physics in Forza (damn Kamakazis!) Otherwise, both are epic.