Terrible F1 Art

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
CoopsII

Terrible F1 Art

Post by CoopsII »

We've all seen them; the statuettes of Damon Hill that make him look like Mr Bean, the paintings of Schumacher that make him look like he needs a poo. To try to cheer myself up Ive been looking at some bloody terrible Senna related art-work and came across this abomination:-
Seriously, it reminds me of Massa more than Senna?!

Can anybody else top that for diabolical F1 crimes commited to art?
Just For One Day...
CoopsII

Re: Terrible F1 Art

Post by CoopsII »

I promise these arent ones Ive done myself, these are proper paintings you could buy.
Just For One Day...
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

CoopsII wrote:Image
I promise these arent ones Ive done myself, these are proper paintings you could buy.

Funnily enough, I was actually just looking for a website link which contained that particularly painting to post in this thread. Then thankfully you saved me the trouble CoopsII. :)

I remember that painting (if thats what you can call it :lol: ) was on an episode of Top Gear where they held a motor sport art exhibition at the MOMA in Middlesbrough (UK). IIRC the Top Gear boys also weren't to impressed by that particular painting.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Now clearly, anyone can take the mickey. People may ask 'could you do any better' to which Id answer 'no'. But knowing I couldnt do any better I wouldnt even attempt to try which is perhaps what the villain responsible for this should've considered...

Unless, in a tribute to the Williams 1993 line-up the artist has tried to conjure up an image which appears to be a mash-up of both Hill and Prost.
Just For One Day...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

That is absolutely tremendous. Particularly the Blue Steel look in the bottom right corner.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Car looks bloody fantastic (makes me jealous of my lack of artistic abilities), though the interpretation of Schumacher (especially in the bottom right) leaves much to be desired.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

CoopsII wrote:Now clearly, anyone can take the mickey. People may ask 'could you do any better' to which Id answer 'no'. But knowing I couldnt do any better I wouldnt even attempt to try which is perhaps what the villain responsible for this should've considered...

Unless, in a tribute to the Williams 1993 line-up the artist has tried to conjure up an image which appears to be a mash-up of both Hill and Prost.

Looks like Jimmy Nail to me ...

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

So why in the lower left is there Moto Sport and then, in the upper right, Mild Seven? Is that something that actually happened like Buzzin Hornets?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:So why in the lower left is there Moto Sport and then, in the upper right, Mild Seven? Is that something that actually happened like Buzzin Hornets?

An equally worthy question would be Why does Michaels face appear to be pointing in two separate directions?

Now this one, be honest, if it wasnt for the overalls and the car would YOU recognise who it was?
Also, I dont know who the guy on the left is supposed to be. I dont think its his Dad nor Martin Whitmarsh (unless he was aiming for what he'd look like in thirty years time)?
Just For One Day...
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

How about some dodgy game art? From the arcade machine F1 Grand Prix Part 2 :

Another dodgy Schumacher :

And a demonic Aguri Suzuki :

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^I have that game in my MAME collection, noticed that but didn't care. It was ported to SNES (only in Japan) and is proably the only game to officially feature Andrea Moda:

Uncle Moreno looks a bit akward to my eyes [t]here. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
mario

Post by mario »

ibsey wrote:

Funnily enough, I was actually just looking for a website link which contained that particularly painting to post in this thread. Then thankfully you saved me the trouble CoopsII. :)

I remember that painting (if thats what you can call it :lol: ) was on an episode of Top Gear where they held a motor sport art exhibition at the MOMA in Middlesbrough (UK). IIRC the Top Gear boys also weren't to impressed by that particular painting.

Ah yes - that was the one where Hammond commented "Evidently, the person who painted this must have wanted to comment on the superhuman talents of Schumacher as what has painted here doesn't look anything like a human being..."

UgncreativeUsergname, by the looks of things it was something that Benetton might have occasionally reverted to, much like Jordan did with their livery, an alternative slogan across the rear wing. At the very least, there is a shot of the car on Wikipedia that appears to show Herbert's car on track with that livery:
Most of the time, though, it looks like the team would simply replace Mild Seven's name with Benetton's own name instead if they had to:
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

shinji wrote:

That is absolutely tremendous. Particularly the Blue Steel look in the bottom right corner.

I died a little when I read that :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

FMecha wrote:^I have that game in my MAME collection, noticed that but didn't care. It was ported to SNES (only in Japan) and is proably the only game to officially feature Andrea Moda:

It isn't. The Japan only released "F1 Circus CD" for the Sega CD, also allowed you to drive an Andrea Moda.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

madmark1974 wrote:And a demonic Aguri Suzuki :

:lol: Sorry, but the Aguri Suzuki one is downright hilarious! We here at F1 Rejects could call it a "reject image." How did Suzuki look like a demon in real life, anyway? ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

FMecha wrote:^I have that game in my MAME collection, noticed that but didn't care. It was ported to SNES (only in Japan) and is proably the only game to officially feature Andrea Moda:

I cant honestly tell which ones which :lol: I really wish Id picked up that game Back In The Day, the very idea of racing in an Andrea Moda...
Just For One Day...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Mansell wins F1 title but then catches penis in trouser zipper.
Mansell wins Indy title but then realises he has only three fingers and a thumb. In confusion his face shrinks.
Just For One Day...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

If, like me, you've often sat and wondered what Jean Alesi would look like if he had a stroke ( :roll: ) then this is the picture for you...
Just For One Day...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

CoopsII wrote:If, like me, you've often sat and wondered what Jean Alesi would look like if he had a stroke ( :roll: ) then this is the picture for you...

That is one of the ugliest picture of Alesi I have ever seen. I couldn't even identify him until I read your post. :roll:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

madmark1974 wrote:How about some dodgy game art? From the arcade machine F1 Grand Prix Part 2 :

Another dodgy Schumacher :

Brian Clough, anyone?

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CoopsII wrote:If, like me, you've often sat and wondered what Jean Alesi would look like if he had a stroke ( :roll: ) then this is the picture for you...

I thought that Bobby K had plastic surgery on his nose and a new haircut before you pointed out it was good ol' Jean :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Now this is a classic. The artist in question, clearly worried that JV would change his hairstyle and thus date the model, decided to have him still wearing his balaclava. The only down side is that said balaclava is bloody massive and now he looks like Mr Bump/Dengar from The Empire Strikes Back
Just For One Day...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Aah, Damon Hill. This was the guy who represented determination against the odds to me.
Yes, this guy.
Just For One Day...
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

This isn't F1, but I just ~had~ to share it ...

Yes, that's Colin McRae!

And a bonus David Coulthard or two - not terrible but not the best :

Finally ... Who is this mystery driver?

Why, it's Juan Pablo Montoya of course ...

EDIT : Some body art this time, featuring a slighty chubby Mansell, with bonus Murray Walker - or is it Ken Morley? :

And finally, Dale Earnhardt/Groucho Marx/Mr Potato Head :

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

madmark1974 wrote:EDIT : Some body art this time, featuring a slighty chubby Mansell, with bonus Murray Walker - or is it Ken Morley? :

It's Watkins.
-*:-
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

CoopsII wrote:Now clearly, anyone can take the mickey. People may ask 'could you do any better' to which Id answer 'no'. But knowing I couldnt do any better I wouldnt even attempt to try which is perhaps what the villain responsible for this should've considered...

I think this was drawn really well.
-*:-
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

madmark1974 wrote:Finally ... Who is this mystery driver?

Im not going to argue because, lets face it, non of these would be recognised by their own family but I reckon he was aiming for Ralf Schumacher there. What do you think?
Just For One Day...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CoopsII wrote:

I cant honestly tell which ones which :lol: I really wish Id picked up that game Back In The Day, the very idea of racing in an Andrea Moda...

Moreno is in the left, Perry is in the right (hence the letter P before kana for McCarthy). Oh, and F1 Circus CD has Andrea Moda in it too, as DOSBoot said. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:Finally ... Who is this mystery driver?

Im not going to argue because, lets face it, non of these would be recognised by their own family but I reckon he was aiming for Ralf Schumacher there. What do you think?

Or Bernd Schneider stole Ralfie's overalls as a joke.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Jocke1 wrote:

I think this was drawn really well.

The car is fantastic, Damon Prost...... not so. :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

madmark1974 wrote:And a demonic Aguri Suzuki :

Thank you, that Suzuki has become my avatar :lol:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

:shock:

I have one of the artworks on the wall.....

This \/
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

WeirdKerr wrote::shock:
I have one of the artworks on the wall.....

And your user name features the word 'weird'. Hmm. ;)

To be fair, that DC one isnt that bad. All of these have great pictures of the cars, just fantastic, but clearly somewhere along the line the artist gets carried away and thinks "I'll do the drivers face as well!" often without a photograph to go on (I think)
Just For One Day...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

madmark1974 wrote:This isn't F1, but I just ~had~ to share it ...

Yes, that's Colin McRae!

Looks more like a stoned Markko Martin to me
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

How about this one?

Mark Webber ... as seen in Star Trek?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

madmark1974 wrote:Mark Webber ... as seen in Star Trek?

Not bad. For. A number. Two driver. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"
Just For One Day...
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Do you know who is this guy?

No? Really? Oh, come on, think a bit more... :roll:

Still nothing?

Ok, I'll give you the answer...

It was obvious! Wasn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is in display at Berlin's wax museum. Well, I hope it isn't anymore, but it certainly was when I was there in 2009... Several of the sculptures could have done with an improvement, but all of them were recognisable apart from this disaster.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

You know, even after seeing that helmet, I still thought it was Bruno Senna. It took a couple more seconds for it to click... :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And I thought it was Gerhard Berger...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

dr-baker wrote:And I thought it was Gerhard Berger...

Or some Doctor Who knockoff.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM