A CART IndyCar Series (Indy Qualifying Results)

Archive for the three above subforums
Jeroen Krautmeir

A CART IndyCar Series (Indy Qualifying Results)

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Klon wrote:He will come back and if it is even only for the occasional cameo. Yannick came back, Jeroen Krautmeir came back...

Yes indeed! Hello! It's me!

Now not long before I left the forum, I remember starting a fictional series using a scorinator. This here. Now obviously I flew away and the thing was left to rot. Well I'm back and I would very much like to do something similar. Only this time, we'll be recreating the Pre-split IndyCar seasons, beginning with 1989.

So you may choose to drive for any of the teams in the list below, so long there's a slot available. The default chassis/engine combinations will resemble those of the real 1989 season, but feel free to swap parts, or even introduce new teams, engine and tyre manufacturers. The idea is to have as much fun as possible of course, so feel free to enter as many drivers you want and roleplay as anyone in the IndyCar universe!

Hopefully this thing gets off the ground, I sure hope it does! :D

These are the current 'default' teams you can choose from;

A.J. Foyt Enterprises (WaffleCat)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Cosworth
Tyres - Goodyear

14) A.J. Foyt
29) Danny Sullivan

Alex Morales Motorsports (takagi_for_the_win)
Chassis - March
Engine - Alfa Romeo
Tyres - Goodyear

21) Tom Sneva

Alfa Romeo S.p.A (pasta_maldonado)
Chassis - Alfa Romeo
Engine - Alfa Romeo
Tyres - Pirelli

70) Johnny Rutherford - Except European rounds
72) Andrea de Cesaris
73) Michele Alborteto
96) Marco Apicella - Monza
98) Jacques Villeneuve - Road America, Portland, Laguna Seca only
99) Fabrizio Barbazza - Road Courses only

Andale Racing (Malinth)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Buick
Tyres - Goodyear

69) John Andretti
91) Robby Unser - Ovals only

Dale Coyne Racing (pi314159)
Chassis - Penske
Engine - Cosworth
Tyres - Goodyear

?) Roberto Moreno - Indy onwards
?) ??? - Indy and Monza only

Dick Simon Racing (Ferrarist)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Chevrolet
Tyres - Goodyear

7) Arie Luyendyk
22) Bobby Rahal
28) Scott Brayton

Doug Shierson Racing (Jeroen Krautmeir)
Chassis - March
Engine - Porsche
Tyres - Goodyear

9) Eddie Cheever
30) Scott Pruett

Galles Racing (East Londoner)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Chevrolet
Tyres - Goodyear

2) Bill Vukovich III
?) Derek Daly

Kraco Racing (Matt121)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Cosworth
Tyres - Goodyear

18) John Jones
33) Jon Beekhuis - Road courses only
33) Jean-Pierre Frey - Ovals except Monza only
33) Geoff Brabham - Monza only

Machinists Union Racing (tristan1117)
Chassis - March
Engine - Cosworth
Tyres - Goodyear

11) Kevin Cogan

Newman/Haas Racing (pycku)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Chevrolet
Tyres - Goodyear

5) Mario Andretti
6) Michael Andretti
39) Niki Lauda - Indy only

Patrick Racing (FantometteBR)
Chassis - Penske
Engine - Chevrolet
Tyres - Goodyear

20) Raul Boesel
40) Huub Rothengather
44) Mike Thackwell - Road Courses only
44) Pancho Carter - Ovals only

Porsche North America (Wizzie)
Chassis - March
Engine - Porsche
Tyres - Goodyear

8) Al Unser, Jr.
65) Teo Fabi

Raynor Racing (Vepe)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Judd
Tyres - Goodyear

10) Tero Palmroth

Renault IndyCar Racing (BlindCaveSalamander)
Chassis - Renault
Engine - Renault
Tyres - Pirelli

17) Keke Rosberg
27) Patrick Tambay
37) Rene Arnoux

Target Ganassi Racing (SeedStriker)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Buick
Tyres - Goodyear

12) Buddy Lazier
99) Scott Goodyear

Team Penske (eurobrun)
Chassis - Penske
Engine - Chevrolet
Tyres - Goodyear

05) Peter Brock - Indy only
1) Emerson Fittipaldi
4) Rick Mears
25) Dennis Firestone

Theodore (HonoraryNortherner)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Buick
Tyres - Goodyear

?) Tommy Byrne - Long Beach onwards
?) Al Unser, Jr. - Ovals except Monza only

Truesports (FMecha)
Chassis - Lola
Engine - Judd
Tyres - Goodyear

3) Adrian Campos

Manufacturers
Chassis - Penske, Lola, March, Alfa Romeo, Renault
Engine - Chevrolet, Cosworth, Porsche, Judd, Buick, Alfa Romeo, Renault
Tyres - Goodyear, Pirelli

This list will be updated as new drivers, teams and manufacturers come to the fore.

Feel free to ask any questions :)
Last edited by Jeroen Krautmeir on 05 Dec 2012, 22:29, edited 36 times in total.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Re: A CART IndyCar Series

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Finally, I can simulate this part of JLD's history. Therefore, I'll take the Porsche team and put Little Al on the shortlist for potential drivers :mrgreen:

EDIT: Seeing that it's not officially on the entry list, can we expand the Porsche team to two cars by taking over the Protofab Racing #65 entry as well?
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 21 Nov 2012, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I will take over Penske please
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pycku

Post by pycku »

I'd like Newman-Haas. As for drivers - may we approach them now, or we will wait until the team list is full?
Last edited by pycku on 21 Nov 2012, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

For my driving lineup I would like Emersom Fittipaldi, Rick Mears and Dennis Firestone
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pycku

Post by pycku »

eurobrun wrote:For my driving lineup I would like Emersom Fittipaldi, Rick Mears and Dennis Firestone

If we can approach drivers - I'd like both Mario and Michael Andretti
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I'll take A.J Foyt enterprises with A.J Foyt in the 14 and Danny Sullivan in the 29.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Whee, competition for my Indy Championship Series...sort of ;)

I'll take Dick Simon Racing, and I'll try to put my hands on Arie Luyendyk, Bobby Rahal and Scott Brayton.

But as the Chevy was the dominant engine during this era, can I have one of these?
MIA SAN MIA!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

I'll take Patrick Racing and will add as original driver for the team Raul Boesel plus a second car for Formula One refugee Huub Rothengather
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Jeroen Krautmeir

Wizzie wrote:Finally, I can simulate this part of JLD's history. Therefore, I'll take the Porsche team and put Little Al on the shortlist for potential drivers :mrgreen:

EDIT: Seeing that it's not officially on the entry list, can we expand the Porsche team to two cars by taking over the Protofab Racing #65 entry as well?

I've put Little Al for the #8 car for now. You can change that at any time ;) The #65 has been added as well.

pycku wrote:I'd like Newman-Haas. As for drivers - may we approach them now, or we will wait until the team list is full?

Go ahead and pick your racers now ;) (Just saw your picks!)

eurobrun wrote:For my driving lineup I would like Emersom Fittipaldi, Rick Mears and Dennis Firestone

They've been given #1, #4 and #25 respectively. Feel free to change that at any time. I should also note that you can switch your numbers, so long you agree with the swap if someone else already has it. If it's free go ahead!

Ferrarist wrote:Whee, competition for my Indy Championship Series...sort of ;)

I'll take Dick Simon Racing, and I'll try to put my hands on Arie Luyendyk, Bobby Rahal and Scott Brayton.

But as the Chevy was the dominant engine during this era, can I have one of these?

Don't worry about this being 'competition' :P Done. Chevy's are yours too!

FantometteBR wrote:I'll take Patrick Racing and will add as original driver for the team Raul Boesel plus a second car for Formula One refugee Huub Rothengather

Done. Rothengather will take #40 unless you choose otherwise.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll take Truesports with Adrian Campos (F1 reject!) as the driver. :)
Last edited by FMecha on 21 Nov 2012, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Jeroen Krautmeir

FMecha wrote:Setting? (Which year?)

And reserve a slot for me please :)

It's in the first post, 1989 ;)

You'll have to choose, I can't reserve everything for you :P

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'll have a stab at running Galles Motorsport, with Bill Vukovich III and everyone's favourite Irishman, Derek Daly, in the seats.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I will take the Machinists Union car with Kevin Cogan as our driver.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Maybe a bit earlier than real life, but Target Ganassi Racing with the Lola-Buick-Goodyear combo is ready to field Scott Goodyear and Buddy Lazier
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Hmmm, I would like to run Alex Morales Motorsports if thats ok :) . If we can approach drivers, I would like to be completely ambitious and give reigning F1 champion Ayrton Senna a drive.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
FMecha wrote:Setting? (Which year?)

And reserve a slot for me please :)

It's in the first post, 1989 ;)

You'll have to choose, I can't reserve everything for you :P

Whoops. I forget to notice :oops:

By the way, once again, I decide to go with Truesports. With F1 reject Adrian Campos driving. ;)
Jeroen Krautmeir

East Londoner wrote:I'll have a stab at running Galles Motorsport, with Bill Vukovich III and everyone's favourite Irishman, Derek Daly, in the seats.

Vukovich's been given the #2 for now, but Daly's without a number so do choose!

SeedStriker wrote:Maybe a bit earlier than real life, but Target Ganassi Racing with the Lola-Buick-Goodyear combo is ready to field Scott Goodyear and Buddy Lazier

Fine by me. I've given Lazier the #12, but Goodyear's without a number for now. Feel free to mess things up ;)

FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

We take the 40 for Huub, sir
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Raynor Racing with Tero Palmroth for me.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Hmmm, I would like to run Alex Morales Motorsports if thats ok :) . If we can approach drivers, I would like to be completely ambitious and give reigning F1 champion Ayrton Senna a drive.

Is that legal? Senna was attracted in 93, but by this time, he was more obsessed in winning his 2nd F1 title with McLaren, alternative reality or not. Otherwise, this will become a Mansell-mania recolection of F1 hurt egos...

In other news, Scott Goodyear will run with the #99.
Jeroen Krautmeir

SeedStriker wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Hmmm, I would like to run Alex Morales Motorsports if thats ok :) . If we can approach drivers, I would like to be completely ambitious and give reigning F1 champion Ayrton Senna a drive.

Is that legal? Senna was attracted in 93, but by this time, he was more obsessed in winning his 2nd F1 title with McLaren, alternative reality or not. Otherwise, this will become a Mansell-mania recolection of F1 hurt egos...

I am inclined to agree over here. I mean if everybody is fine with it, then alright. However personally if you were to go for an F1 champion a more possible driver would be Piquet. I mean this is just my opinion :)

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Porsche have decided that Teo Fabi will drive the second car alongside Little Al
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

In my opinion we shouldn't use any F1 drivers, except the ones that made the jump to IndyCar in RL. IndyCar had some many good drivers in this period, why should we import F1 drivers all of a sudden?
MIA SAN MIA!
pycku

Post by pycku »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:

I am inclined to agree over here. I mean if everybody is fine with it, then alright. However personally if you were to go for an F1 champion a more possible driver would be Piquet. I mean this is just my opinion :)

i personally don't believe Senna would join CART while he is on the peak of his F1 career. It is more likely that former F1 drivers, that have been left without a driving seat to join CART (just as Mansell in 1993), but Senna joining in 1989 sounds unrealistic to me.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ferrarist wrote:In my opinion we shouldn't use any F1 drivers, except the ones that made the jump to IndyCar in RL. IndyCar had some many good drivers in this period, why should we import F1 drivers all of a sudden?

How about "we shouldn't use F1 drivers, except if he makes jumpt to IndyCar in RL or is a F1 reject"? ;)
Jeroen Krautmeir

My personal stance is, do it as long as you could have seen it happen in real life. For example, bringing in Alboreto after he lost his Ferrari drive with only backmarkers interested in him, or Piquet following his depressing 89' season. Senna coming in for the 93' or 94' season is much more likely.

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

OK, seeing as the majority of you feel that Senna racing in Indycar would be unrealistic, I would like to sign Tom Sneva to replace him
TORA! TORA! TORA!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Kraco Racing and John Jones
Officially Retired
Jeroen Krautmeir

Well, that's all but one spot taken! I'll give it a day or two to see if anyone decides to give Andale some love and/or if anybody decides to add more teams/entries.

Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

A 23-24 car grid is a bit small for pre-split IndyCar. But I guess we can launch one-offs for Indy, right?
MIA SAN MIA!
Jeroen Krautmeir

Ferrarist wrote:A 23-24 car grid is a bit small for pre-split IndyCar. But I guess we can launch one-offs for Indy, right?

That is true, I'm hoping someone will come up and start a new team, but otherwise everyone's reminded that they can enter as many cars as they like. If the entries are in excess of the 28 car limit outside Indianapolis, then well we'll have some DNQ's! And yes one-offs for Indy, or anywhere for that matter will be allowed ;)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'll enter a new team - Alfa Romeo S.p.A
Chassis - Alfa Romeo (If possible, if not we'll have Lolas.)
Engine - Alfa Romeo
Tyres - Pirelli (Because why not?)

#70 - Jonny Rutherford (All races)
#72 - Andrea de Cesaris (All races)
#73 - Marco Apicella (All Races)
#98 - Jacques Villeneuve Snr (Road America, Portland, Laguna Seca only)
#99 - Fabrizio Barbazza (Road Courses Only)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Jeroen Krautmeir

^Added! However, Barbazza can't have the #99 as Scott Goodyear already has it. :)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:^Added! However, Barbazza can't have the #99 as Scott Goodyear already has it. :)

Okay then, Barbazza wil take #97 :)
pycku

Post by pycku »

Well may we have Niki Lauda as guest driver at Indy 500? :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alfa Romeo would like to offer a supply of engines to any team that wants some :)
Jeroen Krautmeir

pycku wrote:Well may we have Niki Lauda as guest driver at Indy 500? :)

Yep! ;)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

As to the calendar, Alfa Romeo kindly requests that at least two European rounds are added to the schedule, including one Italian round. We recommend Pergusa and Brands Hatch.

Pergusa:
With the race on the green circuit without chicanes

:)
Jeroen Krautmeir

CART OFFICIALS IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH FIAT
MONZA OVAL TO ENTER INDYCAR CALENDAR?

CART officials have reportedly entered negotiations with Fiat regarding the possibly entry of the Monza oval in Italy into the IndyCar calendar in the near future. Alfa Romeo, who are one of many companies under the Fiat umbrella, have expressed a willingness to see at least 2 European rounds in the PPG IndyCar Series, including one Italian round. CART officials had previously promised no additional road courses would be added to the calendar until the number of road courses/ovals on the IndyCar calendar struck a balance, following a series of 'complaints' by Tony George, grandson of former Indianapolis Motor Speedway owner Tony Hulman, and a prominent member of the IMS board. This left Alfa's request as something of a sticky point, until the possibility of the Monza oval being used was suggested. The 2.66 mile oval is currently in a decayed state, having been last used 20 years ago in 1969. CART officials have reportedly suggested an Alfa-sponsored renovation of the oval, which would require repaving the entire oval, reconfiguring the banking to 20 degrees from the prior 30 in order to suit IndyCar racing and building additional stands. Alfa and CART have not come to any agreement at the present moment, but we expect any potential agreement to involve CART bankrolling some of the project. IndyCar's connection to Europe in recent years has reached a new level, following the high-profile entries of big European manufacturers such as Porsche and Alfa, in addition to Pirelli's entrance as a tyre manufacturer. Several Formula One drivers have also made the jump, including Eddie Cheever. Three-time world champion Niki Lauda is also expected to make a cameo at Indianapolis, though these are only rumours at the present moment.

In other news, CART have also reportedly entered negotiations with Pocono Raceway for a further race in 1990. The current IndyCar contract with Pocono expires at the end of the season, and following numerous accidents and dwindling attendances, it is expected that the 2.5 mile tri-oval will be exiting the series beginning next year. However, CART is intent on keeping the oval, and rumours say that the Penske-owned Nazareth Speedway, also located in Pennsylvania, will be removed from the schedule in an attempt to boost attendances at Pocono. More on the story in the days to come.