Your Reject of the Race - Abby Dabby

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Abby Dabby

Post by Londoner »

At the moment, it probably has to go to Bruno Senna, for being demolished by The Reverend once again. 10 cars seperate them, the largest gap between team mates on this grid.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Peter

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Abby Dabby

Post by Peter »

East Londoner wrote:At the moment, it probably has to go to Bruno Senna, for being demolished by The Reverend once again. 10 cars seperate them, the largest gap between team mates on this grid.

Not as reject worthy as Pirelli, for once again playing it too safe and bringing tyres that are just too hard. Sunday is going to be a bore, thanks to them.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

East Londoner wrote:At the moment, it probably has to go to Bruno Senna, for being demolished by The Reverend once again. 10 cars seperate them, the largest gap between team mates on this grid.

+1 And crying about traffic didn't help.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

This should definitely go to Red Bull for their complete idiocy. Can't they remember Barcelona? I really hope Vettel can get a good result in the race, though, as he has had more than enough bad luck this year (unlike Alonso).
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Meatwad wrote:This should definitely go to Red Bull for their complete idiocy. Can't they remember Barcelona? I really hope Vettel can get a good result in the race, though, as he has had more than enough bad luck this year (unlike Alonso).

He's had plenty of good luck the last two years, it's about time he had some bad luck. Besides, if he does win 3-in-a-row, people are going to start including him alongside Clark, Prost, Senna, Fangio, and Schumacher, and talking him up as the greatest ever, and I really can not be dealing with that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Meatwad wrote:This should definitely go to Red Bull for their complete idiocy. Can't they remember Barcelona? I really hope Vettel can get a good result in the race, though, as he has had more than enough bad luck this year (unlike Alonso).

He's had plenty of good luck the last two years, it's about time he had some bad luck. Besides, if he does win 3-in-a-row, people are going to start including him alongside Clark, Prost, Senna, Fangio, and Schumacher, and talking him up as the greatest ever, and I really can not be dealing with that.

I feel the same. He's the most over rated F1 driver in history
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

What about Malaysia, Valencia or Monza? Lots of points thrown away there with Vettel not at fault (at least in the latter two). Completely the same thing happened in 2010 with car problems in Bahrain, Australia and Korea. The only drivers I can think of that have been nearly as unlucky as Vettel this year are Hamilton and Schumacher. Webber is often said to be unlucky but he hasn't lost nearly as many points to car problems as Vettel.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

I feel the same. He's the most over rated F1 driver in history

How can a driver who win 2 championships in a row, has all these pole positions and wins yet despite all that have almost universal hatred in this forum be "most overrated drive in history?!?" Not to mention how he smashed Webber last year to beyond ridiculous levels and had to fabricate a car problem to even give Webber a single win.
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shadaza wrote:How can a driver who win 2 championships in a row, has all these pole positions and wins yet despite all that have almost universal hatred in this forum be "most overrated drive in history?!?" Not to mention how he smashed Webber last year to beyond ridiculous levels and had to fabricate a car problem to even give Webber a single win.

Mika Hakkinen won 2 titles in a row, scored a ton of poles and wins, even against an all-time great like Michael Schumacher, while also taking David Coulthard to the cleaners. Yet you never hear him mentioned as an all time great. I see nothing in Vettel that Hakkinen, or a dozen other drivers, could not have done in the cars he's had.
Everything's great.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Shadaza wrote:How can a driver who win 2 championships in a row, has all these pole positions and wins yet despite all that have almost universal hatred in this forum be "most overrated drive in history?!?" Not to mention how he smashed Webber last year to beyond ridiculous levels and had to fabricate a car problem to even give Webber a single win.

Mika Hakkinen won 2 titles in a row, scored a ton of poles and wins, even against an all-time great like Michael Schumacher, while also taking David Coulthard to the cleaners. Yet you never hear him mentioned as an all time great. I see nothing in Vettel that Hakkinen, or a dozen other drivers, could not have done in the cars he's had.

To throw in my two cents and lead this thread into a bigger detour,I say that Vettel deserves to be called a great if he wins this championship.For me,there are three types of scenario from which you can win a championship:Holding onto a close lead,coming from behind or outright domination.Vettel's already done the latter two,so if he wins this,he can be called an impressive driver.

To get back on topic,ROTR goes to the Red Bull Mechanic who forgot to fill up Vettel's car.Made even more embarrassing that a similar situation had already occurred earlier in the season.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

For me right now it's Red Bull. This is the 2nd time this season a car has been caught with too little fuel, never mind that it should've not happened to begin with. If his championship is thwarted because of this incident, the team has noone to blame but themselves.
mario

Post by mario »

Dan B wrote:For me right now it's Red Bull. This is the 2nd time this season a car has been caught with too little fuel, never mind that it should've not happened to begin with. If his championship is thwarted because of this incident, the team has noone to blame but themselves.

The defence from Red Bull appears to be that there should have been more than 1 litre of fuel in the car at the time Vettel stopped, but they were unable to drain the fuel from the outer sections of the tank (which are subdivided up to prevent sloshing) into the central reservoir where the fuel is drained from (both for the engine and for the FIA's fuel sample test).
In theory, it is possible that something within the fuel tank prevented fuel from draining freely into that central reservoir - it might also explain why Renault were ordering Red Bull to stop the car a.s.a.p., because they might have detected signs of falling fuel pressure (there are low pressure pumps that are designed to suck fuel out of that central reservoir and into a reserve chamber for a secondary high pressure fuel pump system, and they might have been able to detect signs of abnormally large amounts of air entering that system), and the high pressure fuel pump system would very quickly fail if was running dry.

An anticipated fuel pump failure/loss of pressure in the fuel pump system would presumably explain why the FIA initially accepted Red Bull's accounts of force majeure, and it raises the prospect that Red Bull were within the rules and hit by an unanticipated problem (although it would be something that I am not aware of having happened in recent times).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

DiResta is trying his best to help Vettel with his notalentassclownery today.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

just a few
perez for the crash just now
webber for attempting to overtake massa and maldonado yet failing
vetle in quali yesterday
hrt for the tyre blanket thing on the warm up lap
diresta for proving he has no talent by causing the perez crash
ben edwards for getting mixed up between the persian gulf and the arabian gulf

all just as bad as the others on the list :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Perez and Di Resta for being fools.
Red Bull for losing points needlessly.
HRT for being unable to take the tire warmers off of De La Rosa's car.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Hulkenberg for being another one-turn wonder, after Grosjean.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Crofty and his big book of wrong stats and poor memory.

"Pastor Maldonado is avoiding being the first driver to score a win and no other points in the season."
"Kimi Raikkonen is the 6th winner this year!" (on 2 occasions)
Message me on Discord.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

1) Webber - drove like an idiot most of the time quite honestly. Given how little he thinks of Grosjean I'm amazed he didn't give him more room when it was obvious that Perez was about to crash into him.

2) Perez - could have been 5th if he'd just calmed down a bit.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Reddit & F1Rejects - For still thinking that Alonso is more worthy of winning the championship than Vettel.
Mark Webber - Ruined multiple races, including his own.

Honorable mention: Sergio Perez - Again?
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Mercedes GP: 4th race in-a-row outside of the points. Rosberg was unlucky and Schumacher was nowhere and finished AGAIN behind Ricciardo. Now, Sauber is very close.

Special Mention:

Webber: Bad start + 2 crashes.
Hulkenberg: Curse of the new contract?
Perez: Crashing again... c'mon checo! This cost precious points for Sauber again.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Webber, you complete idiot. You'd think he would learn his lesson the first time...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Pamphlet wrote:Reddit & F1Rejects - For still thinking that Alonso is more worthy of winning the championship than Vettel.

He is. If you don't like it here, you're welcome to disappear.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

ROTR immediately goes to Vettel for F-Bombing his interview :oops:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Barbazza wrote:
Pamphlet wrote:Reddit & F1Rejects - For still thinking that Alonso is more worthy of winning the championship than Vettel.

He is. If you don't like it here, you're welcome to disappear.

Oh yeah, I'll agree with you for a second time.

I'll vote for Wibbah. His overtaking was an absolute mess today.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

Pointrox wrote:Hulkenberg for being another one-turn wonder, after Grosjean.

Wasn't his fault his "teammate" is an idiot.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Thankyou sir!

I think Pamphlet either works for Red Bull or drinks too much of the stuff!
To be fair, I don't think ALL of us here want Alonso to win the title by any means in any case...
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1) Webber - Wasted his race with two silly accidents before being taken out

2) Perez - Lack of patience cost him dear
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

I wouldn't blame Ben Edwards for getting the names confused-they're different names for the same place.Some places use Persian,others Arabian-there's quite a controversy over it.I'm guessing since we're in the UAE,someone went and moaned after he referred to it as the Persian Gulf.
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Whoever wins the title will deserve it. For a large part of the season Ferrari were quicker than Red Bull.
Message me on Discord.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1) Sergio Perez - Having watched replays, he was at fault with the contact with RoGro, so I take my words back from the main discussion.

2) HRT - Brake problems, more problems for Narain, really nasty crash which could have ended really bad for Narain + DLR stalled on grid.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:ROTR immediately goes to Vettel for F-Bombing his interview :oops:

Never! That was hilarious, especially right after Kiki S-bombed it.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

fjackdaw wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:ROTR immediately goes to Vettel for F-Bombing his interview :oops:

Never! That was hilarious, especially right after Kiki S-bombed it.

It was hilarious and rejectful for the exact same reason :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

Shadaza wrote:Crofty and his big book of wrong stats and poor memory.

"Pastor Maldonado is avoiding being the first driver to score a win and no other points in the season."
"Kimi Raikkonen is the 6th winner this year!" (on 2 occasions)

I'll second the nomination for his attribution of blame for the first lap incidents.

Di Resta drives straight over his team-mate's front wing as he drifts right for a wider entry, thereby sending Hulkenberg into a tussle with Senna that destroys his front suspension? Nonsense! Di Resta cannot be at fault for any incident! It must have been that Hulkenberg, locking his wheels invisibly, and arriving far too quickly from behind even though he was alongside Paul for the entire braking zone.

Rosberg darts up the inside of Grosjean into a gap that was never going to exist, and snags his front wing on the Lotus' front tyre? Rubbish! You know what Grosjean is like! It must have been his fault, as he was the one who expected Rosbeg to simply vanish after he got all the way in front of the Mercedes, and he should have anticipated that Rosberg would dive onto a gap far too small on the apex. Incidentally, we can now blame Hamilton for taking himself out on Maldonado's front wing at Valencia. After all, he should have anticipated that Maldonado would come back at him.
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Has to be Mark Webber - what an utter disasater that was. I think Ferrari must be thanking their lucky stars Webber didn't take their offer. He's been appalling these last several races.
Everything's great.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Shadaza wrote:Crofty and his big book of wrong stats and poor memory.

I heard him say that yesterday and immediately thought 'JABOUILLE!' but somebody must have said something to him because when he mentioned it towards the end of the race it had become "score a win and no other 6th place finish EVER"!!!!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Has to be Mark Webber - what an utter disasater that was. I think Ferrari must be thanking their lucky stars Webber didn't take their offer. He's been appalling these last several races.

It's the forum curse. Which evidently doesn't work *quite* as well on Vettel...
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

So many contenders for this one.

The most obvious would be Sergio Perez. Way too bodacious of a pass on di Resta, which started the whole mess, and then ultimately driving into the path of Grosjean, ultimately ruining Grosjean's race and taking out Webber with him as well. To be honest, I can't see how di Resta would be at fault here; it looked like to me that Perez pushed di Resta off of the track, which then he had to pull off the track himself because he realized there was a car (di Resta) where he wanted to go, and then drove into the path of Grosjean.

I however, am going to nominate Mark Webber for what was a shocker of a race for him. First was his start; to describe it as terrible is being polite, and I will not be surprised at all if someone runs into the back of his car because of his starts. Second were the incidents with Maldonado and Massa; both very amateurish I thought. And then, there was the crash with Grosjean, where honestly he should've seen the incident coming and should have backed off. With all of that said, I am not impressed with Mark Webber's driving.

Honorable mentions include McLaren reliability striking Hamilton yet again, and the first corner incident between Hulkenberg and Senna, the former deciding to use the front of the car as a snowplow. In addition, a mention to HRT for failing to remove the tire warmer on de la Rosa's car; I swear this is the 2nd time that team had a problem with tire warmers (thinking back to 2010), though it's also reminiscent of how McLaren forgot to remove the sidepod fan from Button's car a few years ago.

The accident between Karthikeyan and Rosberg was bizzare if anything else. It looked like to me Karthikeyan's engine let go, which would explain the sudden balking he had when Rosberg came up behind him. That I would put down as a racing incident.
coloni_subaru

Post by coloni_subaru »

An epic list of possiblities for this award today!

ROTR: Webber - was absolutely shocking off the line, probably would have failed to overtake the safety car if he tried, and would have been smashed by his team mate who started in the pitlane..

Honourable mentions:
Mercedes (this is now a given nomination for me, there is no way a team like that should be such a shambles!)
Perez
Massa
Red Bull fuel people
All the people on this forum, including myself, who predicted this race/circuit to be ROTR
Hamilton's gremlins (again!)

For me, whoever wins this WDC absolutely deserves it, both drivers have had some stunning races this year, and both have suffered bad and good luck. Pity it can't be a tie ;)
"Better to have raced and lost than never to have raced at all"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm going to have to side a bit with Pamphlet here and nominate everyone who said Vettel can't do shite unless he starts near the front. One of the main reasons why I'm no longer contributing a lot in the PS Memorial Forum is all the hate Vettel is constantly getting.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Nico Rosberg for his spot-on impersonation of Schumacher's crash with Vergne in Singapore.