Reject of the Race: Monza, Italy 2012

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FMecha

Reject of the Race: Monza, Italy 2012

Post by FMecha »

At the moment, it is Predicament Predictioners for overestimating Custard's results. :oops:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Re: Reject of the Race: Monza, Italy 2012

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Daniel Ricciardo - YOU HAD ONE FREAKING CORNER TO GO!!!!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Red Bull Stable

3 DNF and 1 losing points on the last lap. Good job.
Message me on Discord.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

initially I would give my vote to The stewards. For me, Vettel didn't do nothing wrong. But I give my ROTR to Red Bull: Double DNF since Korea 2010.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Those Red Bull sponsored cars. You know. All four of them. Three mechanical failures and one STR finishing out of the points on the last corner.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Now, I'm officially changing it to Red Bull sponsored teams. :evil:

Vettel: Collided withn Alonso, DTP. Then DNF.
Webber: DNF.
Ricciardo: Almost scored... until clumsy incident at last corner.
Vergne: Early retirement.

DH: The Custard for hopelessness despite hype at PP. :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Today, the winner has to be:

Everyone at Red Bull Racing - Poor qualifying, Webber went backwards in the race, Vettel rams Alonso off, gets a drive through. Then, Vettel's alternator fails, and Webber retires after spinning out from 10th. Also, the first double retirement by a top team this season.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Stewards - no way was Di Resta on Senna better than Vettel on Alonso. Yet the one not involving a Ferrari doesn't get penalised... Doesn't even get looked at. Wonder why... :roll:
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'll follow the crowd and go for the Red Bull umbrella. 3 retirements, no points, and for still employing Helmut Marko.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Yep, it's pretty much a draw between Red Bull and Torro Rosso. Helmut Marko should take responsibility and be banned from the sport.

Let's not be so harsh on Custard, it wasn't Badoer-esque.
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Another one for Red Bull-branded teams - I could've made this decision earlier in the race if Vettel threw the race away by crashing into a Toro Rosso.

DHMs:
Maldonado - Senna pipped him by just 0.5s and off the point. WHAT TEAM ORDER? El Pasta still pointless since the win.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

TheBigJ wrote:Yep, it's pretty much a draw between Red Bull and Torro Rosso. Helmut Marko should take responsibility and be banned from the sport.

Let's not be so harsh on Custard, it wasn't Badoer-esque.

I heard Jerome had a KERS failure...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Definitely goes to whatever failed on Button's car.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Red Bull: Drive through for Vettel, Webber off the pace, and a double DNF from both drivers late in the race.

2. Vergne: DNF'ed way too early. I can forgive Riccardo's incident, but Vernge's was just unexcuseable.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

The Red Bull branded cars: Worst weekend ever. Vettel's brain fade, lack of pace, fragile as paper...

FIA's stupid cost-reduced penalties: The Hulk's weekend was toasted, and we got denied of Vettel's engine gave up in a cloud of smoke because "save the engine" BS.
went

Post by went »

Everyone at Red Bull: Vettel ruins his weekend in a stupid and ultimately pointless move, as he was overtaken shortly after, just to blow it all up a handful of laps short of the goal . Webber was nowhere all weekend, and ended up spinning out of the race. The Toro Rossos only made it much worse.

The gremlin haunting McLaren: They apparently cannot have a good weekend for everyone. Life doesn't want them to.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

This should definitely go to the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) stewards. Vettel's penalty was completely ridiculous. As GwilymJJames said, they should also have penalized Di Resta if they thought Vettel deserved a penalty. Sadly, it seems that you can do anything without a proper penalty but when it involves Alonso, you get one (Grosjean learned this the hard way). Watch out, Pastor! You can continue crashing all you want but if you take out Alonso, you're banned! :evil:
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Red Bull and Toro Rosso: Vettel shoots himself in the foot, and DNFs later on. Webber stagnated around the lower points before pulling a Karthikeyan. Ricciardo somehow goofed and finished in 12th, and Vergne had suspension problems. Everything that could go wrong did, and in front of the Tifosi no less.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Red Bull and Toro Rosso, hands down
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

1. Stewards - inconsistency with the incidents and got the big one incorrect. Alonso moved into an area where there was no full car width to start with, hardly Vettel's fault.
2. Red Bull - slow qualifying and mostly mediocre in the race.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Renault - FIX YOUR DAMN ALTERNATORS, HOLY PAPAYAS OF BRUNDLE
Red Bull - Not really much of a surprise, eh? Terrible performance, and that's not even taking into account the retirements.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
The Mobile Chicane

Post by The Mobile Chicane »

I can't really argue with the general consensus and say the whole Red Bull operation. Though Ted Kravitz has said that Vergne's retirement wasn't a car issue and he just threw it off the road on his own. If that's true he may take the shame away from his paymasters. Spinning in a straight line at the beginning of a race? Now that's rejectworthy
The Mobile Chicane: Proudly blocking the leaders since 1989
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

ROTR goes to Jean Alesi and his mere 'meh' movement of the shoulders.
A thumbs down would have been more appropriate.
-*:-
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Pamphlet wrote:Renault - FIX YOUR DAMN ALTERNATORS, HOLY PAPAYAS OF BRUNDLE

I thought Renault did fix their alternators after Valencia; Red Bull just stuck with the old ones.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

1. Red Bull
2. Timo Glock
Honorable mention: D'Ambrosio
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Silly nomination
Lewis Hamilton - Why didn't you let Perez win a race for once? :( ;)

Serious nominations
The Red Bull stable - An entire bucket of fail this weekend. Vettel back to his child alter-ego, Vergne and Webber binning it, and Ricciardo cocking up on the last lap. As already pointed out, this is the first double retirement for any of the Big 4 teams, and could possibly have ramifications for the titles

Stewards/rule book - Not their best day for sure. And yet another draconian penalty issued during qualifying, this time to the Hulk, for parts failing on a car. I've had enough of these stupid gearbox/engine penalties. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Red Bull - Very poor show overall, were it not for Vettel getting in Q3 they''d have been on for their worst race in years
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

The stewards take this one by once again showing favoritism towards Ferrari. Oh, and it was ridiculous to hear Ferrari using coded language to effectively tell Massa to let Alonso through, even though team orders are once again legal after they used them the last time...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
jeremylevin

Post by jeremylevin »

For all those nominating Daniel Ricciardo as Reject of the Race for 'stuffing it up' and losing his 10th place on the last corner, I think that's a bit harsh... Apparently it wasn't his fault, Toro Rosso have stated it was a fuel pick up problem... Incredibly frustrating for him I'm sure (after what was otherwise a quite decent race from him)!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102402

"It's been so hard to score points this year and that means it is incredibly disappointing not to get one today," said Ricciardo.

"I was 10th until the last corner on the very last lap.

"At that point, I accelerated to exit Parabolica and nothing happened.

"At the moment, I don't know the cause, but to miss out on a point by a few hundred metres is bitterly disappointing."

Team boss Franz Tost said Ricciardo's car had failed to pick up its remaining fuel.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Red Bull - Slow during practice and qualifying, both cars retired, failed to score points.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The stewards for penalising Vettel, yet failing to investigate any of the other 'incidents' during the race.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Samster

Post by Samster »

ROTR - Stewards, how was that Vettel's fault? Alonso attempted an impossible move that was also surely in Vettel's blind spot. And please for the love of god get rid of gearbox/engine penalties! :evil:

Dishonourable Mention - BBC's crappy highlights packages. If your not going to show the full race replay then frankly I'd rather you didn't bother. Cutting past several laps at a time kill any momentum the race might have had. :evil: A complaint that of course isn't exclusive to this race.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Has to be RedBull. Another alternator failure for Golden Boy and Webber's clumsy spin drops big points in both Championships. Not that I care as I dispise the team and everything they stand for.

Honourable mention to the BBC commentators who tried in vein to make Di Resta's chop of Senna seem legitimate. As DC said, "You can't be watching your mirrors all the time". Erm, yes, you should if your trying to defend from a faster car, so please get your tongue out of his arse...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Samster

Post by Samster »

AdrianSutil wrote:Has to be RedBull. Another alternator failure for Golden Boy and Webber's clumsy spin drops big points in both Championships. Not that I care as I dispise the team and everything they stand for.

Honourable mention to the BBC commentators who tried in vein to make Di Resta's chop of Senna seem legitimate. As DC said, "You can't be watching your mirrors all the time". Erm, yes, you should if your trying to defend from a faster car, so please get your tongue out of his arse...

BBC British biased at it's best. :roll:
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

The Red Bull quartet - Miserable race for them.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

1) Red Bull
2) Force India - where did Di Resta's pace from quali go? And Hulkenberg didn't have a chance because of the technical cock-ups.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

OK, I'm changing mine to the entire Red Bull stable after seeing what happened to Ricciardo. Because that just means effectively three mechanical issues in four cars, with the other stuffing up anyway.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Unless Jamie & Enoch come up with something left-field like alternators or podium interviews, then it's quite hard to see past Red Bull.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Has to be Red Bull; first double DNF since Korea 2010, and they seem to have gone well off the boil. Though I imagine they'll be more competitive on the more technical tracks, but I think their lead in the WCC is questionable now, especially given how McLaren have come out of the summer break at full pelt.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

GwilymJJames wrote:Stewards - no way was Di Resta on Senna better than Vettel on Alonso. Yet the one not involving a Ferrari doesn't get penalised... Doesn't even get looked at. Wonder why... :roll:

This. I'm of the view that Vettel deserved to be punished for his move, but Di Resta's was just as bad. Both cars failed to give the car alongside them enough room on the track, resulting in Alonso nearly having a massive accident and Senna forced to take to the run-off area. The fact the stewards failed to even investigate Di Resta's move is very poor indeed.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_