Reject of the Race - Belgium 2012

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Aerospeed

Reject of the Race - Belgium 2012

Post by Aerospeed »

Can I just give this to Nico Rosberg already?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Reject of the Race - Belgium 2012

Post by pasta_maldonado »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Can I just give this to Nico Rosberg already?

Unless Sebastian Vettel crashes into Schumacher tomorrow, Rosberg's got it in the bag.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'd blame Mercedes more for that, so why not just give it to them as a whole? They're absolutely nowhere now - I can't see them picking up a point tomorrow except through something like the '98 race.

EDIT: And to rub even more salt into the wound, Schumacher racked up another fine for a pitlane incident, this time for entering the pitlane incorrectly.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Oskari Saari (Finnish F1 commentator). During the press conference, he started to translate the drivers' comments, preventing us from hearing the mighty Kobayashi's Japanese comments.

Dishonorable mention to Massa and Senna for again being off the pace in qualifying.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:EDIT: And to rub even more salt into the wound, Schumacher racked up another fine for a pitlane incident, this time for entering the pitlane incorrectly.

Wasn't that the same offence Maldonado incurred at last year's Korean GP? Seriously, how can a GP driver make such a stupid mistake?
IceG

Post by IceG »

You didn't see the conditions?!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Myself for forget the predictions.
Massa and Senna for another weak qualify.
Mercedes for being slow.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
mario

Post by mario »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I'd blame Mercedes more for that, so why not just give it to them as a whole? They're absolutely nowhere now - I can't see them picking up a point tomorrow except through something like the '98 race.

EDIT: And to rub even more salt into the wound, Schumacher racked up another fine for a pitlane incident, this time for entering the pitlane incorrectly.

Mercedes really have been pretty poor in the last few races and really anywhere near the level of performance of their customer teams (both Force India drivers were fairly comfortably faster than the Mercedes duo). It wasn't that long ago that Rosberg, at least, was able to pressurise the Lotus team in qualifying (Rosberg was in Q3 fairly comfortably and pressurising Kimi for position in Valencia whilst Schumacher picked up that podium), but the team has been going down pretty rapidly in a very short period of time.

As to their hopes for the race, with slightly more sets of fresh tyres than the tail end of the top 10 Schumacher might have a slim chance of a point - however, given that Pirelli have been relatively cautious with their tyre choice this weekend because of the blistering problems the teams had last year, degradation probably won't be significant enough for Schumacher to gain much, if at all, over his rivals.
As for Rosberg and his early exit from qualifying, whilst he has admitted that whilst it was his fault that he didn't get a lap in at the end of Q1, he has also said that he doubted that he could have made it that much further up the grid (the grid penalty may compound things, but it kind of sums things up when he was expecting to wind up fairly low down the pecking order irrespective of that penalty).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I'm surprised no-one has nominated David Croft for saying, both in commentary and then to Kamui Kobayashi in the unilateral interviews, that he was the first Japanese driver to start on the front row of a GP. He conveniently forgot Takuma Sato at the 2004 European GP.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

eytl wrote:I'm surprised no-one has nominated David Croft for saying, both in commentary and then to Kamui Kobayashi in the unilateral interviews, that he was the first Japanese driver to start on the front row of a GP. He conveniently forgot Takuma Sato at the 2004 European GP.

That was mentioned in the Kamui Kobayashi love thread, but yeah you're right.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

This
Message me on Discord.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Shadaza wrote:This

Maldonado & Rosberg Spanish? Two Kobayashi's of different nationality driving for different teams?

WAT.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

WaffleCat wrote:

Maldonado & Rosberg Spanish? Two Kobayashi's of different nationality driving for different teams?

WAT.

I didn't know Vergne was American either. :lol:

Or that Ricciardo was German.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

redbulljack14 wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:

WAT.

I didn't know Vergne was American either. :lol:

Or that Ricciardo was German.

Or that Kobayashi drove for Red Bull! Is this a foreshadowing of the future? :?:
Trulli bad puns...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RRRRRMMMMMNNNNN GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSJJJJJJJJJNNNNNNNNNNN
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Romain Grosjean: Just when you started coming good, you decide to create THE biggest accident this year. Muppet
Pastor Maldonado: And exactly how did this guy get a superlicense again?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I might follow the trend and say GGGGGRRRRSSSSJJJNNN,but I'd nominate Whoever had that bathplugging brilliant idea setting up Red Bull's gearbox. So far,I can see several overtaking opportunities being limited by,well,the limiter.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

I cannot see how that award can't go to Maldonado. I have never seen a jump start that was that early, not even in racing online PC games. :ugeek: Then, he spun on the first corner (although he might have gotten collected by the incident) and then, he however loses his front wing a few laps later.
What the bathplug, Pastor, seriously?
Samster

Post by Samster »

Grosjean has this in the bag now. :lol:
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Caterham pitcrew making a case just there.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Samster

Post by Samster »

shinji wrote:Caterham pitcrew making a case just there.

Yes spoke too soon.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Samster wrote:

Yes spoke too soon.

Actually, Caterham as a whole are making a good case for ROTR as Petrov's already stalled in the pits and Kovy's also had a spin on track. And Kovy's being taken to the cleaners by HRT and Marussia to boot :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Romain Grosjean - For taking out Hamilton, Alonso and Perez, and also causing the incident that damage Kobayashi's machine
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wizzie wrote:
Samster wrote:

Yes spoke too soon.

Actually, Caterham as a whole are making a good case for ROTR as Petrov's already stalled in the pits and Kovy's also had a spin on track. And Kovy's being taken to the cleaners by HRT and Marussia to boot :lol:

And Kovy has had two fairly rejectful spins.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Today's reject podium:

Grosjean - triggering a start crash very similar he did before in Monaco, and he found Kobayashi again (and some others)
Maldonado - the way Whiting was shaking his head said everything :lol: he added a crash after the restart
Kovalainen - two emberassing spins, plus the unsafe release (the latter not really his fault, though)
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Where to begin with this one...

Romain Grosjean: That was inexcusable. I like the guy, but that was pure stupidity right there.
Pastor Maldonado: Not for the start (Speed were saying how great it was and honestly it looked like a perfect reaction timed start from my end), but for the clash with Timo Glock (though we still don't know how that happened). That, and even with that start how did he manage to fall back so early at the beginning?
Caterham: Dodgy pit stop, and Kovalainen drove like a muppet all day with those lazy spins.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

So many nominations out there!

Grosjean - Without him, the whole La Source-incident wouldn't have happened. He swiped Hamilton, Alonso and Perez out, and destroyed Kobayashi's race too

Kovalainen - Had a spin (and you don't really see him do that...), wasn't really on the pace

Caterham pit crew - Nice one making Kovalainen hit Karthikeyan

di Resta's strategy - Was 4th after the SC restart. Finished tenth. Hülkenberg was 3rd, finished 4th. Enough said

Mercedes - Schumacher has had a good race, but the car let him down and had to change to a two-stopper...

Maldonado - Apart from the start, hitting Glock somehow
Last edited by Shizuka on 02 Sep 2012, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Maldonado- not just for hitting Glock, but for doing it in such a way the cameras never showed it.
Like a ninja.
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
went

Post by went »

(Hi! Lurker here who decided to post after so long, don't eat me please!)

Well, in my first nomination ever, the two candidates are pretty obvious- Pastor and Grosjean. But, even if the Reverend has given us some good displays of his own trademark of "I can't believe this is happening", including the most surreal jumpstart you'll see in years and a crash out of nowhere, right while Race Control displayed the jumpstart investigation message; I'm going to give the big points to Grsjn for putting people's lives at risk, while ruining Hamilton's season (and potentially Alonso's as well). You don't see things like these so often anymore, so we have to give credit when credit is due.
Last edited by went on 02 Sep 2012, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

1. GRRSSSSJJJJNNNN. He and Perez are spoken of in the same breath but I think they aren't in the same league. When they're good, they're fairly level pegging. But Perez's off days usually are merely a non-points or low points finish, whereas Grosjean seemed to cause chaos

2. Maldonado.....again. I don't know why Williams bother doing any work on their cars when he just bins it.

3. Mercedes strategists. The car is so tyre-hungry, a one stop would never work. We saw the old Schumi today, only for it to be completely scuppered

4. Caterham. Not making a case for moving up to the midfield
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
SchumiTheMeister

Post by SchumiTheMeister »

Grosjean- Clearly at fault for the first corner incident, looked 2009- esque again, whilst Kimi finished on the podium.
Kovalainen- Pretty rejectful race, two unforced errors, and just didn't look good at all
Mercedes strategists- Thought they could do a one stopper with Schumacher (and Rosberg I think). Result: Didn't work, Schumacher had to pit again, finished 7th, Rosberg finished 11th. A far cry of the team that easily won the Chinese GP
Hamilton- Childish, stupid Tweets, I admit it wasn't his fault at the first corner incident but his post race interview with Lee McKenzie, saying he didn't enjoy the race. While Button won? What a bathplug.
Gary Anderson, please stop talking GIBBERISH!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

This is hard as we had plenty of reject moments, but let's see...

Romain Grosjean: While he caused the great pileup of the season and destroyed Sauber's race, taking out Alonso and Hamilton was good for the race we saw
Pastor Maldonado: The Reverend was total hot head since the penalty yesterday, so he can be excused.
Williams Strategy: With an earlier pitstop, Bruno Senna could've fought for 6th
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I vote Kovalainen. He usually looks so good, but this weekend he spun two or three times, couldn't beat De La Rosa and (although more the fault of his pitcrew) he speared into Karthikeyan in the pits.

And Grosjean, who just made a mess of the first corner. I felt deflated when Kamui got embroiled in that incident...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Even if Maldonad'oh sodded another points finish and Karthikeyan quietly went out in the night, this award has to go to...

ROMAIN GROSJEAN
For potentially wasting a good effort for Sauber, and while taking himself out, also took out Hamilton, and nearly decapitated Alonso. If he doesn't get ROTR I will change my avatar to a solid blue colour. (The forum colour.)
Trulli bad puns...
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Let's see:
Maldonado - Jumps the start, spins around, then does about 5 corners after the restart before hitting something.
Caterham - Especially Kovy, every once in a while they show some true rejectfulness.

But my winner is:
Grosjean - What was that? Moving that far across on Hamilton was stupid, and playing dumb when he got interviewed was ridiculous.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Bernie Ecclestone for being wrong about Schumi retiring.
Trump 2016
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Grosjean - Awful driving.
Maldonado - Jump start and mystery crash
Caterham - Fifty races down - you should have got pitstop releases sorted by now!
Bernie - Possibly letting the cat out of the bag re: Schumacher
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Bernie Ecclestone for being wrong about Schumi retiring.

I hardly think Schumi was going to make the big announcement just for Lee McKenzie's benefit. It could just be crossed wires between Schumi and Bernie but I think the cat is out of the bag.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Me for missing a good race because I can't find a good, accesible streaming in time. :oops: :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Clearly it is Romain Grosjean for his first lap idiocy. Dishonorable mentions to Kovalainen for his disastrous race and Maldonado for yet again throwing away a good result.