GPM2, May the best manager win!

Archive for the three above subforums
Shadaza

GPM2, May the best manager win!

Post by Shadaza »

As I am sure most of you know, Grand Prix Manager 2 is perhaps the best F1 management game out there, based on the 1996 season though with great mods stretching from 1989-2011!

Now thanks to Nuppiz, who is also a member here, the game can be customised at any point, this means effectively all 13 teams can be edited, read controlled, at any point, this allows great potential to get a championship going!

Now this is early days, nay an intrest check, however as manger of a team you would be able to:

Hire and Fire drivers
Choose Engine supplier
Determine developement direction
Cheat and steal!

Qualifying and races will be dealt with by the AI to keep things "fair" (so as to avoid "do or die" qualifying exploit, to prevent 2 star expirience drivers or less sucking too much ect.)

Practically the limit will be 12 entrys, even though the game allows 13 teams 1 human player must be active at all times, so I will control that team and prevent it from racing.

Any suggestions? If you are intrested, then feel free to pick any F1 season between 1989 and now (Though the 2004-2008 mods are a little bit dated)

Rules:

1.For the opening seasons, teams will be a first come first serve basis.

2.Drivers will not be at their respective team in reality but will be open to a wider draft. Where picking order will be randomly assigned (with last choice of first driver having first choice of second)
2b. Once the drivers have been drafted, it is then the responsibility of the team manager to determine whether or not to sell, rather then the sole decision of the buyer.

3.Screenshots will be submited sparingly and to make sure no team has a specific adcvantage, for example, rather then showing each teams car parts, I will instead use the inbuilt comparrison tool ("car looks down on power ect.)

4.All teams will be able to test their car twice before the opening race of the season however they will only be allowed ONE further test avalible at any point of the season.

5.Users are under no obligation to keep the same team name as their "base" team but once a name has been choosen for the opening race, no name changing will be allowed until the next season.
5b. Teams are also at liberty to change engines before the first race of the season, however teams can not change their engine after the first race.

6.Teams have the option as running as a Factory team or a Customer team, Factory teams will be given a larger budget but will not be able to change engine manufacturers (This is to prevent Ferrari-BMW combinations!!!)

7.As managers, it is your responsibility to manage the finance of the team, There are three ways to earn money ingame, sponsership, prize money and bank loans . Of course there are hundreds of ways to lose money so be careful! REMEMBER RULE 7.
7b.However if you feel your team has lost money as a result of an error on my part, I can reinburse you using the iamacheat code.

8.All instructions and dealing must take place Openly in this thread, this includes attempting to steal parts of another team, you have been warned!

At this stage rules are open for edit and further rules may be added if neccisary. The prime use of these rules is to keep things fair.
Last edited by Shadaza on 18 Feb 2012, 11:01, edited 2 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
the Masked Lapwing

Re: GPM2, May the best manager win!

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

This sounds like a good idea - I'd be interested. I think though we need a recent season, we've already got 1994-95 in the GP2C and the F1CC was 97-99.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Better idea; use the F1 Rejects mod Nuppiz made for GPM2 :mrgreen:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:This sounds like a good idea - I'd be interested. I think though we need a recent season, we've already got 1994-95 in the GP2C and the F1CC was 97-99.

That is a fair point.

Wizzie wrote:Better idea; use the F1 Rejects mod Nuppiz made for GPM2 :mrgreen:

Or we could go completley of the rails and do this! Sticking to the spirit of the site!
Message me on Discord.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shadaza wrote:

Or we could go completley of the rails and do this! Sticking to the spirit of the site!

Which means I could manage my own team in the game! :mrgreen:
Although I might rename it from Atom Motorsport to Scuderia Alitalia :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:
Shadaza wrote:

Which means I could manage my own team in the game! :mrgreen:

I believe that what is mentioned is the F1 Rejects with reject teams from F1 and not F1RWRS. At least that is what the mod was about.

I agree that we should use the Nuppiz's mod. And that we should be allowed to intervene on a race-to-race basis.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

We should use the 1989 season as we could have the likes of Rial, Dallara, Coloni, AGS, Onyx, Eurobrun and March battling it out. Also, managers should be making decisions on a race-by-race agreement.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Which means I could manage my own team in the game! :mrgreen:

I believe that what is mentioned is the F1 Rejects with reject teams from F1 and not F1RWRS. At least that is what the mod was about.

I agree that we should use the Nuppiz's mod. And that we should be allowed to intervene on a race-to-race basis.

I was talking about Nuppiz's mod. Atom Motorsport was my team, I'm listed as the team principal in the mod :D And, of course, GPM2 data is easily modifiable.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Which means I could manage my own team in the game! :mrgreen:

I was talking about Nuppiz's mod. Atom Motorsport was my team, I'm listed as the team principal in the mod :D And, of course, GPM2 data is easily modifiable.

I now see my mistake. I was confounding Nuppiz effort with Ben Purse's one. Nuppiz effort must have happened before I joined this forum because the only mod I recall is the one of Ben Purse.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd be interested if this goes ahead. Do we have to have a copy of GPM2 to particpate, or are you running everything?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

East Londoner wrote:I'd be interested if this goes ahead. Do we have to have a copy of GPM2 to particpate, or are you running everything?

I will be running everything.

Race by Race basis is fine by me.

Could someone send a link to the rejects mod?
Message me on Discord.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Shadaza wrote:Could someone send a link to the rejects mod?

Here here: http://uploads.gpm2world.com/nuppiz/GPM2F1R.zip

AdrianSutil wrote:We should use the 1989 season as we could have the likes of Rial, Dallara, Coloni, AGS, Onyx, Eurobrun and March battling it out. Also, managers should be making decisions on a race-by-race agreement.

Unfortunately the 1989 Mod only includes Dallara and March from that list, because of GPM2's 13-team limit I had to drop all of the reject teams. This also happened in 1990-92 and 1994 (Pacific got the boot) because of the same reason.

I've been thinking of making a mod with only the teams that I haven't included in my mods, but it has been in the planning stage for about three years now...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Nuppiz wrote:

That is some insane **** right there!

Personally I would rather pick a year and use that as a base, say 2003? But im open for the likes of Chancelor Palpatene being an F1 driver too.... :P
Message me on Discord.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shadaza wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

That is some insane **** right there!

Indeed it is! It's based from this thread. Totally loopy.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

kostas22 wrote:Indeed it is! It's based from this thread. Totally loopy.

I can't believe I totally forgot about that thread's existence!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

The Season I have chosen for MTBMW is the 2003 season mod.

The 2003 season featured a number of rule changes to try and break Ferrari dominance and giver the smaller teams a chance, including increasing the points system down to the 8th place finisher.
In reality the season achieved just that, with 8 different race winners across 5 teams and a genuine fight for the championship, will this be replicated here?

Rules: (a copy of which will be posted on the first post of this thread.)

1.For the opening seasons, teams will be a first come first serve basis.

2.Drivers will not be at their respective team in reality but will be open to a wider draft. Where picking order will be randomly assigned (with last choice of first driver having first choice of second)

3.Screenshots will be submited sparingly and to make sure no team has a specific adcvantage, for example, rather then showing each teams car parts, I will instead use the inbuilt comparrison tool ("car looks down on power ect.)

4.All teams will be able to test their car twice before the opening race of the season however they will only be allowed ONE further test avalible at any point of the season.

5.Users are under no obligation to keep the same team name as their "base" team but once a name has been choosen for the opening race, no name changing will be allowed until the next season.
5b. Teams are also at liberty to change engines before the first race of the season, however teams can not change their engine after the first race.

6.Teams have the option as running as a Factory team or a Customer team, Factory teams will be given a larger budget but will not be able to change engine manufacturers (This is to prevent Ferrari-BMW combinations!!!)

7.As managers, it is your responsibility to manage the finance of the team, There are three ways to earn money ingame, sponsership, prize money and bank loans . Of course there are hundreds of ways to lose money so be careful! REMEMBER RULE 7.
7b.However if you feel your team has lost money as a result of an error on my part, I can reinburse you using the iamacheat code.

8.All instructions and dealing must take place Openly in this thread, this includes attempting to steal parts of another team, you have been warned!

At this stage rules are open for edit and further rules may be added if neccisary. The prime use of these rules is to keep things fair.
Message me on Discord.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

And now for the sign up form, simply choose a team bellow, please state if you wish to change the name and/or factory/customer status. Also please choose a name for your manager or else I will just simply use your user name:

1.Ferrari (F) - Leonhard von Gottorp (Klon)
The team that dominated the 2002 season look to be the favourites for victory again in 2003 but this time face stronger competition. Will the Prancing Horse continue to dominate?

2.Williams (C) - Don Rennis (wizzie)
one of two teams to win in 2002 other then Ferrari, Williams hope to return to their mid-nineties form with a strong car and an even stronger BMW engine. Definite contenders for the title.

3.McLaren (C) - Phoenix
Only one win marked a bad season for McLaren who look to recapture their Ferrari beating form. With design guru Adrian Newey at the helm, anything seems possible, a real threat.

4.Renault (F) - Eurobrun
2002 marked Renaults formal taking over of the Benneton team and the new factory input showed, with Renault clear "best of the rest". They promise to do even better this year, race winning contenders.

5.Sauber (C) - Tristan117
Since the teams inception, Sauber have a reputation as consistent point scorers, with the strong teams ahead it looks difficult to break this mold, but could they be sleeping giants? Point Scorers.

6.Jordan (C) - DanielPT
For all intents and purposes Jordan seem to be a team on decline, their 1999 winning form seems long ago. Could this be a season of recovery or a season of turmoil? Eddie's boys just need the luck. A possible scattering of points.

7.Jaguar (F) - Jimmy Rosenforth (The Masked Lapwing)
Despite the economic might of Ford, Jaguar have not really shined since their Stewart guise, they need results and results fast. They have the budget, potential giant slaying awaits in the future, points in the present.

8.British American Racing (C) - East Londoner
Being the sole Honda representetive in 2003 shows promise against a rather lackluster 2002, a team with potential, regular points should becon as they look to finish higher up in the order.

9.Minardi (C) - Alasdair Lindsay (kostas22)
Everyone loves the underdogs, their fantastic 5th place last year being a highlight of many. The team does look rather routed to the back, is anyone crazy enough to lead them to glory?

10.Toyota (F) - Fmecha
2002 was a testing year for the team, 2003 promises a greater plunge in to F1 that will surley finish higher in the rankings, with the might of Japan's largest car coporation behing them points seem an almost inevitable reality.

11*. Arrows (C)- Adrian Sutil
The team faced financial disaster and plumeted out of F1, this masked a promising car and could the beautiful car make a return under a new guise?

12*.Phoenix (C)- The Lukas
Would they wouldn't they return was the early news drama of 2002, the ex Prost team didn't return then, will they be back now?

*bonus teams

*Edit*
Yes you may call "dibs" now :D
Last edited by Shadaza on 21 Feb 2012, 10:19, edited 16 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd like to take control of BAR. Midfield mediocrity FTW! :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I'll be the unpopular guy and be Ferrari's new president, Leonhard Von Gottorp (write in-game L Von Gottorp)

Edit: I will stick with Ferrari
Last edited by Klon on 16 Feb 2012, 19:58, edited 3 times in total.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Jordan for me. Thank you! :)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Barely signed onto this and I already have a rule question: will we be able to choose any driver in the mod during the draft or only those that are already connected to teams?
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

So mear minutes after the teams become avaliable, after Ferrari predictably being taken early, BAR and Jordan are "cherry picked." I love this forum sometimes.

And you will be able to sign any driver avalible in the mod, I will announce the selection order, drivers avalible and driver cost, once at least 10 of the teams get taken.
Message me on Discord.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Shadaza wrote:So mear minutes after the teams become avaliable, after Ferrari predictably being taken early, BAR and Jordan are "cherry picked." I love this forum sometimes.

I almost rethought my choice and wanted to go with McLaren and turn it into Mercedes GP for some trolling. :lol:

Shadaza wrote:And you will be able to sign any driver avalible in the mod, I will announce the selection order, drivers avalible and driver cost, once at least 10 of the teams get taken.

Very well.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The craziest, most intoxicated Team Principal in the history of motorsport, Alasdair Lindsay, will take control of Minardi.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I actually had something like this in mind myself, but felt that organizing it properly would've been complicated because of all the things you need to do in GPM2. Nice to see someone ready to step up to the challenge, though.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to post all available team and driver choices already, although it's not allowed to pick them until Shadaza gives you the go-ahead. But at least you can think ahead already. And because I'm lazy, I'm posting them as pictures:

Teams:

GP drivers:

Experienced free agents:

Rookie free agents:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

My cunning plan is complete - nobody will expect me to do what I am going to do. Muhahaha!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

For me it is imperative to ditch that Ford V10...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:For me it is imperative to ditch that Ford V10...

You can have Ferrari works engines - in exchange I get to choose one of your drivers at the draft.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

You can chose whoever you want except Baum Zsoltgartner.

It is understandable they swapped his name otherwise the game would not have been completed...
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

I'd like to take control of Phoenix if you can if not,is take Jaguar
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:You can chose whoever you want except Baum Zsoltgartner.

Excellent - do I pick your first, second or third round pick, i.e. your first, second or test driver? Only picking the test driver however would "only" get you the Petronas package.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

It is understandable they swapped his name otherwise the game would not have been completed...

In fact his in-game name is still correct, I just swapped it for that image to prevent a shower of papayas.

FYI the * next to the driver names means that the driver is a pay driver.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:

Excellent - do I pick your first, second or third round pick, i.e. your first, second or test driver? Only picking the test driver however would "only" get you the Petronas package.

Take the second driver. The first I need for obvious reasons!

EDIT: Misunderstood the deal. Now the answer is corrected.
Last edited by DanielPT on 16 Feb 2012, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Nuppiz wrote:

In fact his in-game name is still correct, I just swapped it for that image to prevent a shower of papayas.

FYI the * next to the driver names means that the driver is a pay driver.

Oh, ok... Well played.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

The Lukas wrote:I'd like to take control of Phoenix if you can if not,is take Jaguar

You can have Phoenix (and feel free to rename it)

Klon wrote:
DanielPT wrote:For me it is imperative to ditch that Ford V10...

You can have Ferrari works engines - in exchange I get to choose one of your drivers at the draft.

This is fine, no a brilliant idea!

Nuppiz wrote:I actually had something like this in mind myself, but felt that organizing it properly would've been complicated because of all the things you need to do in GPM2. Nice to see someone ready to step up to the challenge, though.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to post all available team and driver choices already, although it's not allowed to pick them until Shadaza gives you the go-ahead. But at least you can think ahead already. And because I'm lazy, I'm posting them as pictures:

Thanks for the pics, I was going to do something similar but you saved me the trouble :D.
Message me on Discord.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:Take the second. In return, I will take your turn in the draw.

So we'll swap places in second round, did I understood that right?

Shadaza wrote:This is fine, no a brilliant idea!

Thank the NBA for giving me that idea. :lol:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Take the second. In return, I will take your turn in the draw.

So we'll swap places in second round, did I understood that right?

I since corrected my answer.

I give you one better, being in good mood :). You can have my pick (which makes you with four picks). Excepting the test driver you take those three picks you made and then give the one you like less to me. Sounds good?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:I give you one better, being in good mood :). You can have my pick (which makes you with four picks). Excepting the test driver you take those three picks you made and then give the one you like to me. Sounds good?

Sounds very good. I will try my very best to not make you regret it.