F1 Rejects 1998-2011

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
jakesanson

F1 Rejects 1998-2011

Post by jakesanson »

Hi guys! Absolutely adore your website and your podcasts. Only just managed to work out who's who from your codenames. I actaully agree with pretty much all of them, but Bruno Senna: Borat? Really??!

Anyway, I was wondering how strict we're being with F1 reject drivers who have entered Formula 1 since 2003, where the points system has of course changed twice. If the original points system remains your criteria, I count 35 rejects to add to your list, 10 of which are currently active in Formula 1, and 15 have officially scored points in F1 history. But if Luca Badoer's 7th places don't count, why should theirs?

If we're not being so strict there are still 20 drivers to add, and I would like to oblige by writing them up from the UK and submitting them to your webpage if you would be appreciative of it.

Keep up the good work!

Lots of good cheer, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Beer from the Jenson Interceptor's biggest fan.

Jake
"Racing drivers are a bit like journalists: they all tick together in case they miss something."
DAMON HILL, MONTREAL, 1996
Shadaza

Re: F1 Rejects 1998-2011

Post by Shadaza »

hi, welcome to the forums Jake

To clarrify, the formula to "unrejectify" a driver is, a 4th place + finish, 1 5th 1 6th ,or 3 6ths. Though i'm sure if you look through the forum you will find up to date information.
Message me on Discord.
jakesanson

Post by jakesanson »

In that case, all 35 of the drivers I've identified qualify, although several of them have a golden opportunity in 2012 to remove themselves from the list:

Toranasuke Takagi
Luciano Burti
Enrique Bernoldi
Tomas Enge
Allan McNish
Anthony Davidson
Nicolas Kiesa
Antonio Pizzonia*
Ralph Firman*
Justin Wilson*
Cristiano da Matta*
Zsolt Baumgartner*
Gianmaria Bruni
Giorgio Pantano
Patrick Friesacher*
Christjian Albers*
Markus Winkelhock
Robert Doornbos
Scott Speed
Sakon Yamamoto
Yuji Ide
Franck Montagny
Vitantonio Liuzzi* (current)
Kazuki Nakajima*
Sebastian Bourdais*
Romain Grosjean (current)
Karun Chandhok (current)
Lucas Di Grassi
Jerome D'Ambrosio (current)
Pastor Maldonado* (current)
Daniel Ricciardo (current)
Bruno Senna* (current)
Jaime Algersuari* (current)
Sergio Perez* (current)
Paul Di Resta* (current)

*=scored points but never higher than 7th or just two 6ths
"Racing drivers are a bit like journalists: they all tick together in case they miss something."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

jakesanson wrote:In that case, all 35 of the drivers I've identified qualify, although several of them have a golden opportunity in 2012 to remove themselves from the list:

Z. Baumgartner*
*=scored points but never higher than 7th or just two 6ths

Look out for the papayas!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

But the man has a point. If anyone needs a proper profile on here, it's He Whose Name Shall Never Be Mentioned Lest The Flaming Papayas Be Launched But Who Does Get Mentioned By His Acronym Several Times Every Hour.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:But the man has a point. If anyone needs a proper profile on here, it's He Whose Name Shall Never Be Mentioned Lest The Flaming Papayas Be Launched But Who Does Get Mentioned By His Acronym Several Times Every Hour.

HWNSNBMLTFPBLBWDGMBHASTEH !!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:But the man has a point. If anyone needs a proper profile on here, it's He Whose Name Shall Never Be Mentioned Lest The Flaming Papayas Be Launched But Who Does Get Mentioned By His Acronym Several Times Every Hour.

Try saying that when your hammered...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AdrianSutil wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Try saying that when your sober...

Fixed
I like the way Snrub thinks!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Why they havent changed the system: Because Double Standards in ANYTHING cannot be tolerated.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

redbulljack14 wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:
dr-baker wrote:HWNSNBMLTFPBLBWDGMBHASTEH !!!!

Try saying that when you're sober...

Fixed

Grammatically fixed.
MCard LOLA
jakesanson

Post by jakesanson »

I've missed something haven't I? Hate being the new guy.....
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Dont worry, we all have to be the new guy sometime.

Imagine that the F1 point system hasnt changed after 2002, and then you'll understand why most drivers arent escaping the Reject Bin, it may also be down to how reliable the front runners are too, possibly TOO reliable compared to the pre-2002 era.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Formula one these days is way to reliable
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

WeirdKerr wrote:Formula one these days is way to reliable

Fluke results are harder to come by.

Anyway, welcome to this forum jakesanson. You can take your time settling in, after all, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.