Your Reject of the Race - Hungary!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Captain Hammer

Your Reject of the Race - Hungary!

Post by Captain Hammer »

Okay, it's that time of the race weekend, so this thread is going up.

However, for Hungary, the BBC, Sky and anything related to the 2012 broadcast deal are inadmissable as Reject of the Race. This is for two reasons: 1) we don't actually know the exact terms of the deal, and 2) the Reject of the Race is traditionally awarded to someone who displays Rejectdom on the circuit. The he-said, she-said nature of the OTBD dispute at Silverstone did not win Reject of the Race - Team Fernandes did - and it had far more influence on the race than the Sky-BBC deal will on the Hungarian Grand Prix. So anyone who nominates the 2012 broadcast arrangement (or anything related to it) must carry a signature reading I <3 VALENCIA for one month as punishment. Moderators, please enforce this rule with extreme prejudice.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Peter

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Hungary!

Post by Peter »

Nominating Renault again this race. They are just a sinking ship, aren't they? Force India and Sauber are now both ahead in terms of pace it seems.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:Okay, it's that time of the race weekend, so this thread is going up.

However, for Hungary, the BBC, Sky and anything related to the 2012 broadcast deal are inadmissable as Reject of the Race. This is for two reasons: 1) we don't actually know the exact terms of the deal, and 2) the Reject of the Race is traditionally awarded to someone who displays Rejectdom on the circuit. The he-said, she-said nature of the OTBD dispute at Silverstone did not win Reject of the Race - Team Fernandes did - and it had far more influence on the race than the Sky-BBC deal will on the Hungarian Grand Prix. So anyone who nominates the 2012 broadcast arrangement (or anything related to it) must carry a signature reading I <3 VALENCIA for one month as punishment. Moderators, please enforce this rule with extreme prejudice.

Formula Elaborate Bluff had absolutely no effect on the 2009 British GP and yet THAT won ROTR :roll:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Moderators, please enforce this rule with extreme prejudice.

While I must point out that on the average you seem to behave as if everything must go your way, the awesomeness of the punishment will prevent me from pursuing this further. That and you also said please. :D
That out of the way, I'm nominating Renault for the brilliant Force India 2010 impression.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I will nominate the weather, if raining will not happen during the weekend.
I live about 110 miles south from Hungaroring and it was raining EVERY. SINGLE. AFTERNOON since Monday...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Captain Hammer wrote:Okay, it's that time of the race weekend, so this thread is going up.

Can I just ask why you insist on ruling these Reject of The Race threads with an iron fist? Surely we should be allowed to nominate whatever the hell we want. I would nominate this, as nothing else of note has happened during the weekend, but I don't want to start a massive flame war.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

East Londoner wrote:

Can I just ask why you insist on ruling these Reject of The Race threads with an iron fist? Surely we should be allowed to nominate whatever the hell we want. I would nominate this, as nothing else of note has happened during the weekend, but I don't want to start a massive flame war.

He's a dictator. The RotR dictator.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Sky Channel would become ROBE, ROTF1C, ROTCS - whatever.

But for ROTR I nominate Renault (so far)

(and oh, btw, if I actually like Valencia - what should I do now?)
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Bernie Ecclestone you guess why.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

For once, I agree with Captain Hammer - the BBC deal is unrelated to the race, and so should be inadmissible for RotR. Besides, we already have a thread for that topic, so it's going to get a bit boring if it bleeds into this thread too... we want to talk about the racing here, not the off-track stuff.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Forbidding some sort of shake-up in the race, which at the Hungaroring is not very common, it looks like Renault is going to be the ROTR this time around. Being behind Mercedes is one thing; being behind Force India and competing with the Saubers is another for a team that were competing for podiums earlier in the season.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I think Captain Hammer's rule is fair enough. After all, everyone at the BBC was clearly told today 'don't mention the war'. Martin Brundle mentioned the war once, but I think he got away with it.

D'Ambrosio and Heidfeld aren't looking good to keep their seats right now are they?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

It's got to be Bernie Ecclestone, because he's the reject of every race.

And Captain Hammer, you can't do anything about it. Quit acting like you run this place, because two years later, you still don't.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

thehemogoblin wrote:It's got to be Bernie Ecclestone, because he's the reject of every race.

And Captain Hammer, you can't do anything about it. Quit acting like you run this place, because two years later, you still don't.

This

Other than Bernie, Sky and the BBC, the clear runner for ROTR has to be Renault/Genii/Group Bahar. Both cars out in Q2, and I believe they have no new sets of the super-soft left.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

As tempted as I am to award it to Captain Hammer's Inflated Sense of Self-Importance, I'm going to go with Whoever Hacked Jenson Button's Website. Set off my bullshit alarm instantly and it looks like a good wedge of F1 forums and websites caught on fairly quickly. If your going to spread misinformation, do it right.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Enforcer wrote:As tempted as I am to award it to Captain Hammer's Inflated Sense of Self-Importance, I'm going to go with Whoever Hacked Jenson Button's Website. Set off my bullshit alarm instantly and it looks like a good wedge of F1 forums and websites caught on fairly quickly. If your going to spread misinformation, do it right.

I will add to the second nomination of yours. And add myself for actually believing it for half a minute.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Enforcer wrote:As tempted as I am to award it to Captain Hammer's Inflated Sense of Self-Importance

He can be quite severe, I agree, but on this occasion the punishment declared is clearly tongue-in-cheek.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Ok, this thread shouldn't turn into Captain Hammer vs. the world, he was simply trying to keep RoTR related to the race. However, there hasn't been a rule against RoTR being about something not related to the race, so you coming in and trying to make it only related to the race may make you look like you feel as though you are in charge of things, which won't make you any friends.

However, it doesn't take much to see that in his post he was somewhat joking, so he doesn't deserve to be attacked viciously with papayas. Show him some respect man!
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

thehemogoblin wrote:Quit acting like you run this place, because two years later, you still don't.

If telling yourself that makes you sleep better at night, then by all means ... keep telling yourself that.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Renault for being a giant heap of failure. Petrov and Heidfeld are doing a good job in the cars, but the team are a bunch of headless chickens right now.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Cynon wrote:Renault for being a giant heap of failure. Petrov and Heidfeld are doing a good job in the cars, but the team are a bunch of headless chickens right now.

I second this.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

It's got to be Webber. I'd be surprised if he scores any points without any retirements from the top 10 on the grid.
He's a bad starter usually, and on the dirty side of the track with good starters behind him, on a track that's difficult to over take on after the start, with possible KERS problems, and usual bad RBR strategy.
He's going to get eaten up, and will be RotR for driving one of the fastest cars out there and not getting points (unless there's retirements from the front runners that is).
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Sergio perez, blew a great grid slot then gets a drive through for overtaking under yellow flags
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

No matter what happens, I'm giving it to D'Ambrosio for his comical (yet dangerous) spin in pitlane.

Charlie Whiting a close 2nd for ridiculous call not to put out a SC for Heidfeld car recovery.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jerome D'Ambrosio for nearly arriving into his pitbox backwards :lol:
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Of course Jerome D'Ambrosio for his amateurish spin in the pitlane.
As well as the race marshalls for hauling Heidfeld's car in the wrong way to the pitlane with Sebastian Vettel nearly hitting it.
And a honorary mention for Polish television network that doesn't work in what other would call a drizzle.
I'm writing this when sitting in front of my TV, with black screen instead of Hungarian GP.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

D'Ambrosio wins it for THAT spin. Honourable mentions to Renault and Willams. Just awful again.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Nominations:

3. Renault - Absolutely anonymous.
2. Mercedes - High hopes into only two points.
1. Liuzzi - Daniel is faster than you. Can you confirm you understand this message?

+1 mention goes to D'Ambrosio's spin.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

I do think D'Ambrosio's spin is definitely the top pick, but I nominated Charlie Whiting and the stewards for the decision over the pit lane after heidfeld's explosion, that was incredibly dangerous
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Jerome D'Ambrosio and/or Lewis Hamilton for their spins.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Has to be Renault. Petrov was absolutely nowhere in the race. That was a bloody scary moment when Heidfeld's car was in flames.

Honorable mentions to Team Lotus for another double-DNF, Williams for being anominous again and D'Ambrosio for doing a Moreno @Australia 1995, only this time at his pitbox. Add to that list is Bernie Ecclestone with yet another fine effort to win this year's ROTY.

Dishonorable mention to Hamilton.
Last edited by Londoner on 31 Jul 2011, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

d'Ambrosio for spinning in the pit lane

Ecclestone for obvious reasons, really
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

My nomination goes to Whoever it was at Sauber who thought that two longass stints with supersofts could ever work.
Seriously, for every position Kobayashi won by staying out long, he lost two because his tyres were way beyond their best-before date.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
mario

Post by mario »

I'd have to say that Renault look like the winners here for me - the speed with which the fire spread towards Heidfeld's cockpit was rather worrying, and I imagine that the FIA will be coming down on them like a ton of bricks after that sidepod exploding (I think that some of the debris might have hit one of the marshalls in the leg). Petrov, meanwhile, did nothing wrong, but made no headway (he started 12th, and finished 12th) - and that is also worrying for Renault, as they're going to have to spend the rest of the season looking backwards rather than forwards in the WDC.

D'Ambrosio's pit lane antics, though, are almost up there; that's the first time I've seen a driver enter his pit box backwards, and in many ways it sums his season up. That said, I'm also tempted to nominate HRT - they introduced a new type of upper cascade element on their front wing (curving upwards instead of straight across the wing), and that was at least the third time that winglet has snapped off this weekend (especially since the third time that happened was on the main straight, and it sent that winglet flying towards the pit lane).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I was going to originally say Hamilton but - if this had been Monaco he'd have ended up taking out Webber or Massa and he won plus points for his interview, again a transformation from Monaco.

I'm stuck between Custard man for his spin in the pitlane (plus he finished behing Ricciardo) and Kobayashi for his tyre strategy.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

For me, it's D'Ambrosio - for the greatest pit fail since Jenson Button.

Dishonourable mentions:
Team Lotus - Yet another DNF - and if there's a race attrition at any point, they're in deep trouble.
Renault - 1 minute, it's The Flying Renault. The next, it's the Flaming Renault.
Liuzzi - 3 races Tonio. 3 races and he's already beating you. Concentrating too much on Surfers were you?
Charlie Whiting - Why no SC? I'm sure many drivers would have been big fans.
The marshalls - For not making Vettel crash :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Hamilton 3 stops for 1 spin.

Dishonourable mentions
Sauber's pit strategy for Kobayashi What were they thinking? Refund for unused tyres?
Renault For thinking they could get rid of the pluming smoke if they can get some air going through.
Charlie Whiting The handling of Heidfeld's incident was simply reckless.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

It's a tie for me. Lewis Hamilton gets it for a silly and unnecessary move forcing di Resta off the track. If he had waited a few more seconds, the coast would have been clear. He may not have caught Button when he did, but Button would have gotten the first strategy call, and Hamilton could have won the race. Team Fernandes also get the award for another double-DNF, their second in three races.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

DonTirri wrote:My nomination goes to Whoever it was at Sauber who thought that two longass stints with supersofts could ever work.
Seriously, for every position Kobayashi won by staying out long, he lost two because his tyres were way beyond their best-before date.

His first dry stint was on the softs, not the supersofts. Other than that you're absolutely spot on.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

D'Ambrosio - the spin was ridiculous, and I also can't remember one other thing that he's done all season so he's probably due.

Hamilton - either had the inters foisted on him or chose them, either way both that decision, going onto the super-softs and the dangerous spin/drive-through led to him throwing away a likely win, to his team-mate of all people.

Heidfeld's car - that was one of the most dramatic retirements I've seen in a while, and led to about 5 different heart-in-mouth moments in the space of a lap.

Anyone who switched to inters the second time - it may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but it pretty much ruined all of their races.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.