Legardwatch 2011

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Legardwatch 2011

Post by ADx_Wales »

Dont suppose many non UK forumites have the BBC channel "News 24", but recently spotted "His Crucialness" being the "Sportday" in-studio reporter.

And, yes...

...poor.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
stupot94

Re: Legardwatch 2011

Post by stupot94 »

I thought the BBC actually got rid of him for good, until I heard his voice commentating on a League 2 game on the football league show.

He probably hates the BBC now
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

... From Monaco and Abu Dhabi one year, to Accrington Stanley and Morcombe the next.

Still, watching the BBC red button Classic F1 coverage is a good reminder of why he had to go ... Crucially!
beetleman64

Post by beetleman64 »

He is a much better football commentator than he was in F1, and he's much, much better when he's left on his own. Interrupting King Martin Brundle I is a crime rightly punishable with death.
Martin Brundle for FIA president. We need someone with common sense up in the ivory tower of power.

I hope Jeoren Slaghekke gets into F1 just so I can say that I've talked to an F1 driver.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Have you noticed how much MB has been using the word 'crucial' this season though? (and DC for that matter) Unfortunately he seems to have picked it up from Legard.

Sadly my team is now in The Championship so if I can be bothered to stay up til nearly midnight to watch, I'll have Legard inflicted on me many times I suspect.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

David is saying the word "Crooshle" which is a completely different word altogether.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

I'm fairly sure I heard him on Test Match Special (English radio cricket commentary if you don't know) giving us the county scores during the lunch interval of one of the days in the England/Sri Lanka test series. From F1 to lower league football and a 10 minute stint on TMS. At least he's found his level now.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I know he commentates matches for the Football League show.

Relegation to the Championship has screwed us up enough as it is.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I hope you weren't assuming that I'm a Blues fan just because I live in Brum redbulljack? 'Cos I'm not.....
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Barbazza wrote:I hope you weren't assuming that I'm a Blues fan just because I live in Brum redbulljack? 'Cos I'm not.....

Oh no, I didn't read your earlier post, otherwise I would have definitely quoted it.

West Ham or Blackpool then?

The way we're going we may have to hire Jonathan Legard to play for us.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'm a Hammer! Unfortunately I can't stand Allardyce so I won't be watching F1 or football at this rate!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

madmark1974 wrote:... From Monaco and Abu Dhabi one year, to Accrington Stanley...

Who are they?
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

JeanDenisAlcatraz wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:... From Monaco and Abu Dhabi one year, to Accrington Stanley...

Who are they?

Exactly
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

ADx_Wales wrote:
JeanDenisAlcatraz wrote:

Who are they?

Exactly

Thats law.

And I have noticed DC does seem to say Crucial quite a bit too
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Oh yes, when I saw Accrington Stanley were in League 2 I though they deserved a mention. Also, for those foreigners who don't know what we're on about, well, it's this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgYP1d5nN2o

With the number of kids going around quoting this advert, it became quite an epidemic ...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Oh, the irony. Who do I hear on 5 Live coming back from work?

Legard, talking to our fat overrated new manager and purveyor of poor quality football Sam Allardyce. About scouting new players, should anyone care. I didn't.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

When Accrington Stanley made it back to the "League", Sky News (hmmm im sensing a theme of dire presentation here) were able to track down the "Boy" from that advert, who had NO clue about the history of Accrington Stanley before or indeed after he was in "that" advert, so the interview was kinda pointless, but to top it all off the reporter went "go on, say the line again!".......these are the people bringing your UK based F1 coverage next year...
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Je0i2FLFPM&feature=related
Just stopped himself from saying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5RBL8Jkxn4&feature=related
More knowledgardable (see what I did) than Jonathan