DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

April first!

Post by DanielPT »

Pitpass has two confirmed bogus story:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=43227

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=43226

:lol: (The second might actually turn out to be real though...)

Has anyone lied today and/or has a funny story to tell?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
f1-gast

Re: April first!

Post by f1-gast »

kind of.

I went on my knees for her.
But she didn't believe :O
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

I can only think of two explanations...
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

J Washburn Stoker wrote:I can only think of two explanations...

:lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

I remember in 2001 Eddie Jordan told everyone he was moving his GP team to Ireland as an April fool's.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Peter

Post by Peter »

Today at school I put someones bag, books, folder, chair and table on the roof. The day is far from over, I plan to reverse the order of my classroom, turning the desks all the wrong way, and if I have time, the lockers at the other side of the classroom.
Speaking of F1, wasn't there a bogus article saying that Nelson Piquet Jr was going to HRT? I think last year?
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

We hid in Chemistry when the teacher. Like, in a really childish way but it was a laugh, I guess. Even though we're Year 12.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

The nice part about April Fools is when the Whole Spanish Press believes one of these bogus stories, not realising that April 1st is the day when these happen in most of the world (in Spain it's usually done on December 28th) and publish them as truth. :lol:

I'll tell you if I find any of those.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Well, Ecclestone has been reported dead, and Gadaffi is the new F1 supremo... Cannot find the link now though!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Oh, and apparently Richard Branson bought Pluto. :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Oh, and apparently Richard Branson bought Pluto. :lol:

So he bought a cartoon dog? ;) :lol:

But had the news that Kimi had wanted to go to NASCAR been published this morning, I would have assumed that an April Fool's story...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UPRC

Post by UPRC »

I could actually see the Cowell/Fuller thing happening, which scares me.

It would be a little amusing to see drivers who screw up in the race being sent to a little office where there is only a camera, Simon Cowell, and an humiliating chair for the driver to sit in to be berated by Cowell.

"Your drive today was terrible, I mean just awful. It was the worst I've ever seen in my life. Seriously! My advice would be if you want to pursue a career in the racing business, don't."
BATracer GP2 Liveries
Dozens of original liveries for use with the GP2 carset.

(There's even an F1 Rejects livery!)
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Ferrim wrote:The nice part about April Fools is when the Whole Spanish Press believes one of these bogus stories, not realising that April 1st is the day when these happen in most of the world (in Spain it's usually done on December 28th) and publish them as truth. :lol:

I'll tell you if I find any of those.

Of course, Spain gets its own back on December 28 - I've seen at least 2 F1 stories get taken too seriously because Spanish press circulated them on their December Fool's Day and the other countries didn't realise...
JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

UPRC wrote:I could actually see the Cowell/Fuller thing happening, which scares me.

It would be a little amusing to see drivers who screw up in the race being sent to a little office where there is only a camera, Simon Cowell, and an humiliating chair for the driver to sit in to be berated by Cowell.

"Your drive today was terrible, I mean just awful. It was the worst I've ever seen in my life. Seriously! My advice would be if you want to pursue a career in the racing business, don't."

Only if Cheryl Kerl acts as a grid girl or leads the 'Pathway of P****y' that appears before every podium.
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

Renault posted on their website saying they were going to put gold foil on the front wing over all of the gold and red elements for qualifying and the race this weekend.

Good thing they didn't, as those two would have found a way to wreck the nose.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

JohnMLTX wrote:Renault posted on their website saying they were going to put gold foil on the front wing over all of the gold and red elements for qualifying and the race this weekend.

The only thing stupider than that would be embedding a multi-thousand dollar diamond into the nosecone...
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jordan192 wrote:
JohnMLTX wrote:Renault posted on their website saying they were going to put gold foil on the front wing over all of the gold and red elements for qualifying and the race this weekend.

The only thing stupider than that would be embedding a multi-thousand dollar diamond into the nosecone...

Especially if car got shunted nose-first... :lol:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Jordan192 wrote:

And mount the said nosecone in Klien's midfield placed car at Monaco...
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

Just in case there's anyone who doesn't know the story...
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.