Thoughts on Romain Grosjean

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thoughts on Romain Grosjean

Post by tristan1117 »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77740

As Badoer makes his comeback this weekend, Romain Grosjean has replaced Piquet Jr. and is now driving at Valencia, as you probably well know. How do you think he will fare? I personally think he will cause the only accident of the day at the first turn.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
thehemogoblin

Re: Thoughts on Romain Grosjean

Post by thehemogoblin »

He's going to play a Kimi and mow a Force India.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

He'll probably try to lure the public's attention by doing a Jos Verstappen move... :mrgreen:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

I don't think he'll do very much better than Piquet.Jr to be honest.

Grosjean's best chance is to pull a Kovalainen and jump ship at the earliest opportunity before Briatore consigns him to the scrapheap.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:He's going to play a Kimi and mow a Force India.

So, your opinion is he'll be behind Sutil at least at some point in the race? I mean, Kimi has always taken Adrian from the back.

I agree he'll do poorly. No testing, pressure, Alonso wanting to see him off real quickly and a rubbish car such as the Renault. He's got it all, doesn't he?...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think its more like two races at the same time. You got 18 guys racing for the overall win, and then we'll need to invent a whole new class for Grosjean and Alguersuari. Maybe they will take each other out and Sutil at Turn 1?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:I think its more like two races at the same time. You got 18 guys racing for the overall win, and then we'll need to invent a whole new class for Grosjean and Alguersuari. Maybe they will take each other out and Sutil at Turn 1?

No, they'll take Badoer. He'll be the one among them.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
SDHammer

Post by SDHammer »

I think he'll do okay. Renault will use the remaining races to get him ready for next year.

Is it me or does he look like he should be hanging round on a street corner with a skateboard under his arm whilst wearing a beanie hat.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So basically if Badoer and Grosjean make Q2 (thanks to their equipment, I think his Renault could just sneak 15th place) there will be a massive shunt at the back of the pack. So basically after Lap 1 we will have 16 cars left (but with Fisi and Buemi a lap down after their nosecones probably get smashed to pieces), and then Fisi and Kimi will start kerbhopping and eventually smash into a wall, then Alonso's car will have some technical failure, then Kovalainen will spin into a wall and destroy his car, and finally Nakajima will somehow invent a new way to write-off a car we never would have thought of before. So thats 11 finishers. Wouldn't be that bad a GP I guess.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote: I mean, Kimi has always taken Adrian from the back.

I didn't realize they were like that...
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

thehemogoblin wrote:

That sounds so, so wrong...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Debaser wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

That sounds so, so wrong...

Especially because we're discussing someone else joining in... :shock:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

tristan1117 wrote:As Badoer makes his comeback this weekend, Romain Grosjean has replaced Piquet Jr. and is now driving at Valencia, as you probably well know. How do you think he will fare? I personally think he will cause the only accident of the day at the first turn.

He's not a total newcomer. He's driven in GP2 for some time, and Valencia is on the GP2 calendar, so he knows the circuit. It's not like he's a 1994-esque pay driver.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Another interesting fact to add to the litany of problems is he'll be a French driver in Renault which, I reckon, lies just below being an Italian driver for Ferrari in the "trouble ahead" scale.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Another interesting fact to add to the litany of problems is he'll be a French driver in Renault which, I reckon, lies just below being an Italian driver for Ferrari in the "trouble ahead" scale.

"The French crowd had paid good French francs to see a French car driven by a French driver win the French Grand Prix"
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Another interesting fact to add to the litany of problems is he'll be a French driver in Renault which, I reckon, lies just below being an Italian driver for Ferrari in the "trouble ahead" scale.

"The French crowd had paid good French francs to see a French car driven by a French driver win the French Grand Prix"

... even if it meant everyone not French and driving a French car had to be disqualified. Yeah, I remember seeing that on YouTube. And both Valencia and Spa are kind of close to France...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Captain Hammer wrote:

Ah, Clive James, you clever man. Muzza also infamously stated that "we're in the middle of France for round eight of the World Championship. We're at Magny-Cours in the middle of France - you know, just in the centre there."
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.