100531 Spanaco GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

100531 Spanaco GP Edition

Post by eytl »

Hats off to Tim Bendall and his cohorts for putting together the Spanaco GP Edition, which is now uploaded and ready for your listening pleasure!

Go to the podcasts page on the website to download it (or otherwise I have updated the XML and RSS feeds).

Including, by popular demand, a Great Moment in Formula Nippon Punditry!

Leave your messages of gratitude to Tim here!

(And in case you're wondering what will happen re a Turkish edition, Jamie is overseas on vacation, I'm out of town this weekend, so you might have to wait till next week or perhaps even a Turkadian edition.)
TimmyB

Re: 100531 Spanaco GP Edition

Post by TimmyB »

I thought I should pop my head up here to thank eytl for letting the community loose on another podcast. How many other podcasts do you know where this would be allowed to happen... twice!? It must be 'the F1 Rejects spirit'!

...now to hide back behind this table before the rotten food starts getting hurled. ;)
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

TimmyB wrote:...now to hide back behind this table before the rotten food starts getting hurled. ;)

We use only the freshest papayas.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:
TimmyB wrote:...now to hide back behind this table before the rotten food starts getting hurled. ;)

We use only the freshest papayas.

These aren't just Papayas...these are M&S papayas.*

*M&S is a registered trademark of HWNSNBM.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Whatever about the papayas, good podcast, well done Tim on flying solo pretty much!
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Proof that mindless optimism can get you a surprisingly long way...

Next time I try and contribute to one of these I'm going to a) get a microphone that works and 2) write a script of some sort, rather than just spewing out a nonsensical stream of consciousness.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I thought this was a brilliant podcast - well done! Good, clear sound quality and a brilliant GMIFNP! And Tim, while it may be a regressive step, I actually agree with Cynon's opinion concerning number of "lug nuts" - at least in terms of safety. (Thinking of Alonso's problem last year that nearly got him banned from the Valencian GP.) Although 3 instead of 5 would be a compromise and I am sure the teams could come up with technology to undo and re-do all three at the same time - a triple-barrell wheel nut gun...

Oh, and the next podcast will be the 100th - anything special being planned?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

dr-baker wrote:I thought this was a brilliant podcast - well done! Good, clear sound quality and a brilliant GMIFNP! And Tim, while it may be a regressive step, I actually agree with Cynon's opinion concerning number of "lug nuts" - at least in terms of safety. (Thinking of Alonso's problem last year that nearly got him banned from the Valencian GP.) Although 3 instead of 5 would be a compromise and I am sure the teams could come up with technology to undo and re-do all three at the same time - a triple-barrell wheel nut gun...

How about Jamie coming back?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tristan1117 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I thought this was a brilliant podcast - well done! Good, clear sound quality and a brilliant GMIFNP! And Tim, while it may be a regressive step, I actually agree with Cynon's opinion concerning number of "lug nuts" - at least in terms of safety. (Thinking of Alonso's problem last year that nearly got him banned from the Valencian GP.) Although 3 instead of 5 would be a compromise and I am sure the teams could come up with technology to undo and re-do all three at the same time - a triple-barrell wheel nut gun...

How about Jamie coming back?

Would be cool, a triumphal comeback...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I'd prefer a Best Of-Edition (of course only if Jaime doesn't have his comeback) with the Canada race being talked about a little - it'd would make Enoch's life easy and yet be very valueable entertainment
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, and the next podcast will be the 100th - anything special being planned?

Well it depends if you separate v1.0 and v2.0 of the podcast, which I as a purist, probably would do ;)

Regardless, it will be great to have another rendition of Istanbul, Not Constantinople in the next podcast, whether it be the 100th or 97th! :D
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Thanks for the positive comments and the fresh supply of Papaya's. :)

With regards to podcast 100, it depends on how you count doesn't it, just like Ed24 said? If you take off the two community driven podcasts then the webmaster and site author are still sitting at 98...

Also, they're struggling to find time for a 'normal' podcast at the moment, so I don't know if we can expect anything too monumental in the near future.

That being said, I'm sure somebody will find an appropriate way to celebrate this occassion. ;)
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Thanks Tim. I liked the French hip hop.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

NOT THE F-DUCT!!!! :evil:

As the creator of the Version 2 Podcast, I own the IPR to it, and therefore I use this authority to ban any mention of it in future community podcasts!!!!!

Image Image
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

kostas22 wrote:NOT THE F-DUCT!!!! :evil:

As the creator of the Version 2 Podcast, I own the IPR to it, and therefore I use this authority to ban any mention of it in future community podcasts!!!!!

You will need to create a pseudonym for it then ;)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ed24 wrote:
kostas22 wrote:NOT THE F-DUCT!!!! :evil:

You will need to create a pseudonym for it then ;)

ADTSNBM = Aero Devices That Shall Not Be Mentioned.

There you have it.

Image Image
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

kostas22 wrote:ADTSNBM = Aero Devices That Shall Not Be Mentioned.

Ooh... I think you could be onto something. :D
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

HWNSNBM does not approve of ADTSNBM. No such technical gibberish was present on the Minardi PS04B!!!

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

No offence but the guy from Texas sounds like he's about 10 :lol:

Overall a great podcast considering me and Carlos's uselessness in getting the Williams discussion up and running (Carlos because he had almost no time at all and me because I'm as bathplugging useless as the Life W12 half the time :lol: )

Also a MASSIVE thumbs up for the bit of the Queen song played during the Massa discussion for Spain :mrgreen:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Just listening to this again... did Tim refer to something as 'poo'?
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Timmy B

5 star performance. Thanks to you and all contributors.

(out of 5)
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

i'm 'the guy from texas'.
i have some sort of growth problem that causes my voice to not change. i'm actually almost 16.
it was fun being in a podcast, and i think it'd be cool to see community podcasts become a recurring feature (even though it's not anywhere close to the excellence Jamie and Enoch can do).
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

As a measure of how tight my schedule is these days, I haven't yet come round to listening to it. Sorry, everyone. :(
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Great work Tim, you're a lone soldier. I was thinking that perhaps you talked a little bit too quickly at times (mainly the news section), but who am I to say anything.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

watka wrote:Great work Tim, you're a lone soldier. I was thinking that perhaps you talked a little bit too quickly at times (mainly the news section), but who am I to say anything.

Cheers watka. It's true that I talk too quickly sometimes, I always have to make an effort to talk slowly... and sometimes I forget. :P I need to remember that not everyone is used to the Aussie accent. Jamie and Enoch do a good job of speaking clearly.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I dont think I'm in a position to critique anything, but here goes:

........................Yummy Algesuari?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

I'd like to hear the welshman do a segment every community podcast, in Kimi Raikonen speak. How bout it Adx?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:I dont think I'm in a position to critique anything, but here goes:

........................Yummy Algesuari?

I thought that's what I heard... Nearest approximation to how Jonathan Legard and Martin Brundle's pronounciation sounds like "Harm-Me." Or have I misheard them as well?
MCard LOLA
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

JohnMLTX wrote:i'm 'the guy from texas'.
i have some sort of growth problem that causes my voice to not change. i'm actually almost 16.
it was fun being in a podcast, and i think it'd be cool to see community podcasts become a recurring feature (even though it's not anywhere close to the excellence Jamie and Enoch can do).

:(

Yeah I agree the community podcasts have been good so far. Truth be told there aren't that many good F1 podcasts out there so it's always appreciated when another podcast is released.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

captainhappy wrote:I'd like to hear the welshman do a segment every community podcast, in Kimi Raikonen speak. How bout it Adx?

I go-to-do-a-bi-to-vi-to <breathe in> im-pe-so-na-tim.

The Welshman.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

abito vito

The internet has failed to inform me what this is, even in Italian. Any guesses forum users?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

captainhappy wrote:abito vito

The internet has failed to inform me what this is, even in Italian. Any guesses forum users?

Vito probably has something to do with life.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

captainhappy wrote:abito vito

Abito is I live, dunno what vito is. It's not life anyway, 'vita' is life.

Though it could be a misspelling of 'I live life'.
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

ADx_Wales wrote:
captainhappy wrote:I'd like to hear the welshman do a segment every community podcast, in Kimi Raikonen speak. How bout it Adx?

The Welshman.

????I have to do a bit of an ITO impersonation??????

?????? I need to have a life to impersonate ??????
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Blarg, Tim, how dare ye disagree with my lugnut theory!! I hurl sour grapes at you which I paid for by the money I got from Governor Rod.

Happy to contribute more crazy ideas to make F1 exciting. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Cynon wrote:Blarg, Tim, how dare ye disagree with my lugnut theory!! I hurl sour grapes at you which I paid for by the money I got from Governor Rod.

Hey, somebody tried agreeing with you Cynon... ;)
MCard LOLA
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

captainhappy wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:

The Welshman.

????I have to do a bit of an ITO impersonation??????

?????? I need to have a life to impersonate ??????

I read it as - I got to do a bit of it to impersonate him
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

dr-baker wrote:

Cynon wrote:Blarg, Tim, how dare ye disagree with my lugnut theory!! I hurl sour grapes at you which I paid for by the money I got from Governor Rod.

Hey, somebody tried agreeing with you Cynon... ;)

Yeah. :P

It could be three, it could be five, it doesn't matter. The main argument is multiple wheelnuts. Preferably not two because that would be a bigger safety concern than one. Then you'd need to ban multiple-barrel wheelguns as well. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

See, I always thought that Jaime Alguersuari (pronounced high-may, according to my mom who is fluent in spanish) was an spaniard, and not an portugist.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

JohnMLTX wrote:See, I always thought that Jaime Alguersuari (pronounced high-may, according to my mom who is fluent in spanish) was an spaniard, and not an portugist.

Didn't you hear? F1 Rejects was the first news outlet in the world to announce Catalunya had become a state of Portugal ;)

Image Image