Max Mosley Interview

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Stuart

Max Mosley Interview

Post by Stuart »

Forum people...

I thought you may be interested in this Max Mosley interview on BBC radio it's part of the whole show:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qg1vy/Victoria_Derbyshire_04_02_2010/

The spiel says: ... Former Formula 1 boss Max Mosley talks about defending his right to privacy following the coverage of a sado-masochistic sex session he had with five prostitutes...

Should be interesting... I'm going to listen to it later.

- Stuart
http://www.stewzer.com
JQW

Re: Max Mosley Interview

Post by JQW »

I'm pretty certain that there's a massive skeleton in Mosley's closet that he doesn't want to be made public. It's not anything that Mosley himself has done, but it would still cause him problems if it came out in the open. I'm also sure that other people, such as Bernie, already know of this matter.

I don't want to say any more on the matter here until I've done a bit more investigating.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

JQW wrote:I'm pretty certain that there's a massive skeleton in Mosley's closet that he doesn't want to be made public. It's not anything that Mosley himself has done, but it would still cause him problems if it came out in the open. I'm also sure that other people, such as Bernie, already know of this matter.

I don't want to say any more on the matter here until I've done a bit more investigating.

:shock:

I can't listen to that interview, not in Britain, was it any good?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

JQW wrote:I'm pretty certain that there's a massive skeleton in Mosley's closet that he doesn't want to be made public. It's not anything that Mosley himself has done, but it would still cause him problems if it came out in the open. I'm also sure that other people, such as Bernie, already know of this matter.

Like his dad being a top fascist, for example? ;)
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

fjackdaw wrote:Like his dad being a top fascist, for example? ;)

That skeleton has probably spent more time out of the closet than Mosley himself.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Being amusing or not, thing is, press should stop violating people's intimacy so blatantly. I hate to the point of boiling the so-called pink press, and this is no different.
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

Phoenix wrote:Being amusing or not, thing is, press should stop violating people's intimacy so blatantly. I hate to the point of boiling the so-called pink press, and this is no different.

If he's battled so hard for a privacy law; the least he can do is shut up and be private.

Don't like him, never have.
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:Being amusing or not, thing is, press should stop violating people's intimacy so blatantly. I hate to the point of boiling the so-called pink press, and this is no different.

Pink press? It's called yellow journalism over here. Funny.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:

It's called 'news for stupid people' here.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Well, it's a rough translation over the Spanish expression; don't how it's called in other places.
Chewie wrote:

If he's battled so hard for a privacy law; the least he can do is shut up and be private.

Me neither, but I assume that party was private.
mario

Post by mario »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Depending on who is doing the name calling here, there are quite a few different names which I've heard used, not all of which are repeatable in respectable company...
There is a tricky balance to strike though. After all, whilst UK law (courtesy of EU Human Rights directives) does have a provision for protecting the rights of an individual, and their privacy, on the other hand the same act contains a clause allowing the press to publish details which 'are in the interest of the public'. Also, bear in mind that there have been efforts recently to try to reform the UK libel laws to allow greater freedom to the press to publish (particularly in the wake of the Trafigura - Carter Ruck affair), where the press is pushing very hard to have some of the old restrictions lifted (it is certainly true that the UK libel laws are desperately in need of reform, but it's not clear how much extra freedom they will be granted). So, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this flares up again in the future.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:
It's called 'news for stupid people' here.

I think that's universal, shinji! :lol:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

mario wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Depending on who is doing the name calling here, there are quite a few different names which I've heard used, not all of which are repeatable in respectable company...
There is a tricky balance to strike though. After all, whilst UK law (courtesy of EU Human Rights directives) does have a provision for protecting the rights of an individual, and their privacy, on the other hand the same act contains a clause allowing the press to publish details which 'are in the interest of the public'. Also, bear in mind that there have been efforts recently to try to reform the UK libel laws to allow greater freedom to the press to publish (particularly in the wake of the Trafigura - Carter Ruck affair), where the press is pushing very hard to have some of the old restrictions lifted (it is certainly true that the UK libel laws are desperately in need of reform, but it's not clear how much extra freedom they will be granted). So, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this flares up again in the future.

The UK's libel laws are a travesty.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

mario wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

God, they never think how annoying they are. Then someone gets fed up and hits a cameraman, and then the idiot complains about that, after being harassing the poor guy over and over again. If I ever make it into the presidency, my first priority would be to ban this kind of press.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Chewie wrote:

I think that's unfair. If journalists started digging around into your private life in the hope of scoring dirt, I don't think you'd just sit back and do nothing.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

LionZoo wrote:
Chewie wrote:

I think that's unfair. If journalists started digging around into your private life in the hope of scoring dirt, I don't think you'd just sit back and do nothing.

That's the point. He has all right in the world to protest.
JQW

Post by JQW »

Do you mean Sir Oswald or someone bigger? :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

JQW wrote:

Do you mean Sir Oswald or someone bigger? :D

Godwin, where are you?
JQW

Post by JQW »

Phoenix wrote:Godwin, where are you?

You know it already, then!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

JQW wrote:

Yes, but someone needs to pronounce that German guy's name to take Godwin out.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Phoenix wrote:Yes, but someone needs to pronounce that German guy's name to take Godwin out.

"Ralf Schumacher"?
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

Phoenix wrote:
JQW wrote:

Yes, but someone needs to pronounce that German guy's name to take Godwin out.

My God, are you fellows implying what I think you're implying?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

What do you think we're implying?
JQW

Post by JQW »

Ulfuls wrote:My God, are you fellows implying what I think you're implying?

Possibly!
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

JQW wrote:I'm also sure that other people, such as Bernie, already know of this matter.

So you think Bernie's comments of late about "Ralf Schumacher" were aimed at making this matter (if true) seem more socially acceptable? :lol: