2011 Canadian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
cretoxyrhina

Re: 2011 Canadian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by cretoxyrhina »

What a race. Time to bed after a 30-hours streak of non-sleeping (since the start of Le Mans), methinks.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Paul Hayes wrote:That race was pretty much Jenson Button's career in microcosm wasn't it?

It started off with enormous promise, but then with some dodgy decisions and bad luck it all went spectacularly wrong and he seemed doomed to squander his talent at the back of the field. Then suddenly the cards fell for him, he made the most of the opportunity that landed in his lap and he pulled out a stunning result to put himself back at the front of the grid.

Post of the week.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Peter

Post by Peter »

I somewhat agree with my signature now, maybe I should change it to something a bit more embarrassing. Fantastic drive by Button. That was a Mansell-esque performance. And he saved us from seeing yet another annoying forefinger waved in the air. Now time to pray that he doesn't get a 20 second penalty post race. But that would mean Schumacher would be 3rd, which would be awesome. Brilliant drive by him, showed the noobs how its done today, and that he is NOT the next Ralf. Also, Kobayashi, missed an opportunity at a podium, but 7th is still commendable.

Honorable mention to HRT, best ever finish equalled today.

Best race this year.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Peter wrote:Brilliant drive by him, showed the noobs how its done today, and that he is NOT the next Ralf.

You know, Ralf would love to be "the previous Button".

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

S951

Post by S951 »

Must also mention a good drive by Jaime today pitlane to 8th ain't bad ahead of his buemi, maybe this is him starting to get a handle on things
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ferrim wrote:You know, Ralf would love to be "the previous Button".

Even after today's race, I will always think Ralf > Jenson. And you have no choice but to deal with it. :P
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Only Vettel's been on the podium more times than Jenson this season.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Well I'm still waiting for the official results given all the investigations ... and potentially could there be grid penalties for Valencia as well?

My take on the three key front-running collisions:

Webber-Hamilton: Hamilton's fault, Mark gave him room, Hamilton was never fully alongside
Button-Hamilton: racing incident. They both moved left at the same time.
Button-Alonso: racing incident/Alonso's fault. Button got fully alongside/edged in front. Plus Jenson's puncture more than equalled a drive-through.

Public holiday here in Oz but I'll need to catch up on some sleep before even daring to think about writing a race review ...
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Between Le Mans and the Canadian GP, this has got to be one of the most exciting weekend for racing in a long time.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ferrim wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:That race was pretty much Jenson Button's career in microcosm wasn't it?

It started off with enormous promise, but then with some dodgy decisions and bad luck it all went spectacularly wrong and he seemed doomed to squander his talent at the back of the field. Then suddenly the cards fell for him, he made the most of the opportunity that landed in his lap and he pulled out a stunning result to put himself back at the front of the grid.

Post of the week.

Forget that! This entire topic is hands down the thread of the year! Maybe the history of this forum, but then again the swimming horses might give it a close run...! :lol:

Seriously it's so funny to read the whole thing after the race is done, some of the stuff you guys wrote is brilliant! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Peter

Post by Peter »

Let's not write off Valencia just yet. I'm sure it will provide us a good race. The DRS-tyres-KERS combo made even Barcelona a good race, and there are, not 1 but 2 DRS zones at Valencia.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

I'm sure I saw a horse swim past in the river...

Ah no it was just a seahorse :lol:
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I'm still buzzing!! I'd like to write a full race review but I haven't got enough hours in the week to manage it, so...

Good races for: Button - obviously. Vettel - Was in complete control, just the last lap let him down. But a very good drive at the front anyway. Schumacher - it's not often I want him on the podium, but he did deserve it today. Kobayashi - I don't know ANYONE who doesn't like him. Alguersuari - considering he's u der a lot of pressure, it was a solid, trouble-free run to, I think, his best ever finish. HRT - highest ever finish and have moved ahead if Virgin.

Bad races for: Hamilton - it was a racing incident, nothing more, but someone was always going to shite out in a move like that. Rosberg - hardly saw him, very poor race fromsomeone tipped to challenge for a podium after good practices. Lotus - of the three backmarker teams who had a chance at points, they shouldve been there to steal a few, but Trulli finished last and Kovalainen had mechanical issues. And finally... Charlie Whiting for allowing the safety car to remain out on track for so long at times. Couldve had another 10 laps of racing otherwise.

Defienetly the best race of the year. Just hope Valencia does something remotely exciting, but I doubt it.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

eytl wrote:Webber-Hamilton: Hamilton's fault, Mark gave him room, Hamilton was never fully alongside
Button-Hamilton: racing incident. They both moved left at the same time.
Button-Alonso: racing incident/Alonso's fault. Button got fully alongside/edged in front. Plus Jenson's puncture more than equalled a drive-through.

Agree with you on the Webber/Hamilton and on Button/Hamilton. Not so sure about the Button/Alonso incedent though, not a corner where side by side is going to work and Button's front hit Alonso's rear, so he hadn't really got into the right position - it reminded me of Hamilton/Webber in Singapore. I do think people sometimes go easy on Button because he is perceived as fair.

As for Hamilton, he needs to get his head together quickly - this year is all about tyre management and race craft - races aren't won on the first corner or first lap anymore...
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Yay! About time somebody other than Vettel won a race.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Sensible decision. Racing incident. They made the point on BBC that even though Jenson swung to the left,that's the natural line and showed that Schumi had followed exactly that line just before,so he hadn't followed an unusual path.
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I went to Senna with a friend the other day, this friend also happened to watch this race, and also followed the Bahrain story - he now has extraordinarily inflated expectations of what F1 is like.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

I was lucky enough to start watching F1 in 1989. As a little nipper,every race full of a bumper crop of cars,loads of unpredictability,retirements galore,controversy,characters,it was perfect...
Had I starting watching in 02 or 04,I might have given up straight away
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

shinji wrote:I went to Senna with a friend the other day, this friend also happened to watch this race, and also followed the Bahrain story - he now has extraordinarily inflated expectations of what F1 is like.

He's certainly going to be disappointed. It's not every race that we get 2+ hours of red flag action to get properly sloushed!
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Just want to say how delighted I am that Jenson got to keep his victory, as performance like that deserved a win and it was truly awesome to watch
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
James1978

Post by James1978 »

So am I. I went to bed while there were still umpteen investigations to take place after the race, and the first thing I did when I got up was look to see if there was a revised result, as I was half-expecting to see a completely different top 10, thank goodness there wasn't. It's getting too far when any 50:50 failed overtaking move or racing incident is under investigation!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

One thing that I've remembered in reflection of the race is just how amazing Massa's save was when he hit the wall. How he kept the car going forwards without losing a wheel or suspension is incredible.

It's the second year in a row that Ferrari's race has been hampered in Montreal by questionable behaviour of lapped traffic.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Mister Fungus wrote:Also Massa/Kobayashi photo finish. When was the last time we had a photo finish in f1?

Few races back Sutil edged Perez by 0.031s. Not for points tho.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Got to say that this is no doubt one of the best GP's I have ever seen, up there with Donnington '93, Suzuka '05 and interlagos '03
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

It was quite a thrilling race, despite the long delays on it. (Well to be honest I had to record it since I was stuck at work, so I didn't need to sit through the entire 2h delay, I could just fast forward)
Just goes to show that rain does make the show greater so Bernie might've had an inkling of sense in his sprinkler idea after all :P

Anyhow, some things of note:
-Hamilton's driving is just... awful. I can't believe this idiot is a former world champion. Seriously, He's making Andrea De Cesaris go "What is this guy doing?". The move on Webber was forgiveable but the move on Button... NOT. Bloody idiot. He should be given a ban for a few races to cool of.

-Speaking of Button, the guy did an awesome job in the race, when he got everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him to fight back and win the race. My hat's off to him.

-Vettel not winning doesn't bummer me too much, he showed for 90% of the race why he is the reigning world champion and had the safetycars not come so often he probably would've disappeared into the distance. A second place is a great results regardless, though the mistake he did WAS a bit silly.

-Webbed had a quiet race, but he made a good job recovering from being punted off by Whinelton to get third.

-Regenmeister reared his head finally. I had a gut feeling Schuey would put up a top class effort when I realized it rained and I wasn't dissappointed. The double overtake on Kamui/Felipe was one of the best overtaking moves of the last few years. Again, my hat's off to the meister.

-And Kobayashi... Why is nobody offering him a seat at one of the better cars? Some great strategical decisions from him and Sauber saw him running second ON MERIT for long stretches of time, and to be honest I was somewhat bummed out when he fell to seventh, the photo finish being quite awesome though. I will be quite surprised if Kamui doesn't end up in the podium this year and if he doesn't get a drive at one of the top teams next year.

All in all probably the most entertaining race of the season, I'm already dreading the fact that Valencia will NEVER be able to match it.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
jpm

Post by jpm »

Jenson Button won the race beacuse of Narian Karthikeyan. Let me explain. Massa was ahead of Schumacher after the pitstops, but lost out on cold slicks, but was still ahead of Webber. At that moment, the trio came upon the lapped HRT, which slithered off the road on the very corner Vettel later lost the race at, leaving Martin Brundle to exclaim that he had been "frightened off the road." Karthikeyan trickled back on in front of Massa, and in taking avoiding action, taps the wall, allowing the HRT to 'power' past again, only to go flying off the road at the very next corner again. As Massa is now going so slowly, Webber passes, and manages to negotiate the HRT as it comes back onto the track fro a second time, whilst Massa has to come to a complete stop to avoid running into the back of him for a second time. This slows him sufficiently to mean that Massa comes out of the pits behind Button, therefore robbing us of a 4 car battle for second between 4 different cars. However, the flip side of this was that had Massa been in Button's way as well, he would likely not have caught Vettel in time (a welcome change!)
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Indeed, it was a crying shame that Massa had his incident. TBH, with Vettel running away in the points table this year & Alonso not yet ruling out his championship chances, you have to ask yourself how many more chances this year will Massa get to fight for a win in 2011? It could be "Fernado is faster than you" part 2. Although as I understand it this year team orders are allowed, so Ferrari can be as blatent as they want about it.

However coming back to the race, it would have been very interested to see how quickly Massa would have been able to go in the latter part of the race. Specifically how quickly the he & the Ferrari could get their slicks "swtiched on" in the damp conditions. IMO he was doing a great job.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Revelo89

Post by Revelo89 »

Was a fantastic race when it wasn't stopped or behind the safety car. (seriously, how over-cautuious were the stewards at times?) If Button hadn't won then I would have put Schumacher as driver of the day, can't believe I was rooting for him but he deserved a podium. :( Button was fantastic when it looked like the whole world was out to get him. This is why I prefer him over Hamilton, that maturity and careful style he brings pays off less than it should really.

Also, hello to everyone. :)
Jonouchi

Post by Jonouchi »

I think, unfortunately for Kobayashi, there's virtually nowhere for him to go. McLaren aren't going to be losing either Jenson or Lewis any time soon; Ferrari are more likely to go for Alonso & Massa or Alonso & Perez if it comes to it, Mercedes are all for Rosberg/Schumacher/di Resta and then you have Red Bull, which is probably his only other shot if Webber doesn't sign for next year and they don't want to put Buemi or Ricciardo in the car. Renault, if you want to think of them as a "step up", depends on what happens with Kubica.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Some views of the final laps from the grandstands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmXb4dUtAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uue954mqOBQ

I love the crowd reaction when Button passes Vettel.

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

jpm wrote:Jenson Button won the race beacuse of Narian Karthikeyan. Let me explain. Massa was ahead of Schumacher after the pitstops, but lost out on cold slicks, but was still ahead of Webber. At that moment, the trio came upon the lapped HRT, which slithered off the road on the very corner Vettel later lost the race at, leaving Martin Brundle to exclaim that he had been "frightened off the road." Karthikeyan trickled back on in front of Massa, and in taking avoiding action, taps the wall, allowing the HRT to 'power' past again, only to go flying off the road at the very next corner again. As Massa is now going so slowly, Webber passes, and manages to negotiate the HRT as it comes back onto the track fro a second time, whilst Massa has to come to a complete stop to avoid running into the back of him for a second time. This slows him sufficiently to mean that Massa comes out of the pits behind Button, therefore robbing us of a 4 car battle for second between 4 different cars. However, the flip side of this was that had Massa been in Button's way as well, he would likely not have caught Vettel in time (a welcome change!)

I now like Karthikeyan, I never really cared for him, despite driving for Jordan and being a Williams tester.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Liuzzi places first...

among those a lap down.

Well, it's a start...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

AdrianSutil wrote:I'm still buzzing!! I'd like to write a full race review but I haven't got enough hours in the week to manage it, so...

...dito. Just got home and out the door @ 5am tomorrow for the next few days. Got 7 points to touch-on "from where I saw it, 11 rows up, straight across from Alonso's garage, through eyes of many beers, tequila shooters...(after all, Sunday was my 49th b-day, 15th anniversary :mrgreen: ).

Race didn't need to start under SC

The race was red-flagged initially due to (very little) lightining (I saw one flash a distance away), so the helis had to come-in. At that point there was no more lightining, but then the monsoon came...

KK does have his hair dyed. I mentioned it to my wife during the driver parade and she asked how I knew, "no more black hair..."

The red merc alt safety car deserves a lot more discussion

Along with the Renault, the Lotus sounded awesome, "burpen & farten," just awesome...

Near the end, the whole crowd was cherrin for Shumi to get on the podium, seriously...(it was great)

The podium ceremonies were awesome to watch (from the stands)

...and special mention to my pit-babe who packed the scottish rain ponchos and totally stuck it out, sharing the excitement. There was this one couple next to us that lasted 5 minutes, totally unprepared...but that is another story... :mrgreen:
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

ibsey wrote:Indeed, it was a crying shame that Massa had his incident. TBH, with Vettel running away in the points table this year & Alonso not yet ruling out his championship chances, you have to ask yourself how many more chances this year will Massa get to fight for a win in 2011? It could be "Fernado is faster than you" part 2. Although as I understand it this year team orders are allowed, so Ferrari can be as blatent as they want about it.

However coming back to the race, it would have been very interested to see how quickly Massa would have been able to go in the latter part of the race. Specifically how quickly the he & the Ferrari could get their slicks "swtiched on" in the damp conditions. IMO he was doing a great job.

It would kill me if Ferrari used team orders if Massa was leading, but they are pretty desperate. It would be better for the team in the long run to give Massa a chance. With DRS though, they might not have a problem, as it would be easier for Alonso to pass in such a situation.

Massa is very good in Valencia, with a win in 2008 and shadowing Alonso in 2010 before the SC debacle, so hopefully he can get a good result there.

I think Massa would have been right in the battle for 3rd in Montreal, but no higher, as he had a very low downforce setup. I think this low downforce setup definitely didn't help him in the race, particularly when trying to pass Kobayashi.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I watched it in the bar at Tetre Rouge along with 200 other drunk Brits. The place exploded when Button went past Vettell.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
deivison

Post by deivison »

Jenson Button sobre sangue, suor, chuva e lagrimas vence em Montreal após epica odisseia na pista canadense.

Jenson Button teve um daqueles dias gloriosos na formula 1, após 4 horas de corrida, contando as 2 horas de paralização, O Inglês pode dizer que sua 10ªvitória na Formula 1 foi a mais bonita de todas as vitórias na carreira, que começou com safety car durante algumas voltas, na volta 5 a corrida começou de fato, com chuva, Alonso tentou um ataque pra cima de Vettel, mas o Alemão segurou a ponta e Massa começou a pressionar o Espanhol que estava relativamente com o carro mais lento, enquanto isso Vettel disparado.

Hamilton mais uma vez pagou caro pela sua ousadia, logo na relargada tocando em Mark Webber e depois disso Tocando em Jenson Button em plena reta na volta 8. Com isso Button foi para os boxes trocar os pneus, Hamilton abandonou a corrida e isso provocou a entrada do Safety Car. Button ao voltar a pista passou a velocidade que se pode andar na pista quando o Safety Car esta na pista, o que jogou Button lá para trás. Depois disso vimos o começo da Recuperação de Webber que estava já gaugando posições na Frente, na volta 18 Button, Alonso e Barrichello entre outros pilotos acabaram tocando seus pneus para os intermediarios, mas isso se revelou uma furada pois logo depois voltou a chover forte e novamente o safety car entrou na pista, obrigando que os pilotos que trocaram para pneus intermediarios voltassem para os pneus de pista molhada. A chuva foi muito forte e mais uma vez o Safety Car foi para a pista, algumas voltas depois foi-se dado bandeira vermelha, a corrida estava interropida, A classificação era: Vettel, Kobayashi que não tinha parado e Massa em 3º Di Resta, Petrov tambem não pararam para a primeira parada enquanto isso tinha pilotos com 2 ou até 3 paradas.

Depois de 2 horas de paralisação a corrida recomeçou na volta 35 e vários pilotos foram para os boxes, dessa forma por incrivel que pareça, Karthikeyan por algum tempo assumiu o 10ºlugar. mas isso foi breve, pois todos fizeram a parada para pneus intermediarios. Algumas voltas depois Button e Alonso se enroscaram e o Espanhol foi para fora da pista, sem encostar no muro, mas acabou abandonando a corrida, Button foi de novo punido e acabou indo aos boxes para cumprir mais uma punição. Novamente o Safety Car entrou na pista e ficou até a volta 41

um dos lances mais geniais da corrida foi do Velho Michael Schumacher que se aproveitou da briga entre Kamui Kobayashi e de Felipe Massa e ultrapassou os dois pilotos que estavam brigando pelo 2ºlugar da corrida por várias voltas. Enquanto isso Sutil bate e abandona a corrida.

Mark Webber foi o primeiro a trocar seus pneus intermediários para pneus de pista Seca, já que estava se formando a trilha seca. Felipe Massa e Schumacher tambem fizeram isso, Alias Massa que fazia uma grande corrida acabou errando e batendo no muro, danificando a seu bico fazendo ele entrar outra vez nos boxes e caindo para o 12ºlugar.

Pior fez Nick Heidfeld que tinha uma otima quinta posição e acabou batendo na Trazeira de Kobayashi e depois o bico acabou indo reto e batendo para uma área externa da pista, os pedaços do carro de Heidfeld estavam espanhados na pista, isso fez o Safety Car entrar pela 5ªvez na pista, na volta 57, juntou todo mundo, e as últimas 10 voltas foram de tirar o Fôlego, com Vettel na Frente, depois Schumacher, Webber e Button. Depois de várias tentativas de Webber passar Schumacher sem Sucesso, Webber erra de novo e Button passou Webber e na volta seguinte passou Schumacher, Seria ótimo o segundo lugar para Button depois de tudo que aconteceu, mas o Inglês não desistiu, chegou nas últimas voltas pra cima de Vettel que resistiu até a última volta quando sucumbiu a pressão de Button e errou perdendo a vitória para Button que depois de uma grande odisseia que foi o GP do Canadá desse ano, Webber conseguiu o prêmio de consolação, passando Michael Schumacher que fez a melhor corrida da sua volta na Formula 1, apesar de perder o pódio para o Australiano.

Petrov chegou em 5º, Felipe Massa depois do erro que cometeu que jogou ele lá para trás acabou em 6ºlugar passando Kobayashi nos últimos metros, Jaime Alguersuari finalmente saiu da seca e marcou seus primeiros pontos no ano, Rubens Barrichello chegou em 9ºlugar, como fez em Mônaco numa atuação mais convicente, e Buemi acabou ganhando o último ponto depois de passar Nico Rosberg que terminou sem ponto em 11ºlugar. A Destacar a Corrida de Di Resta que fazia grande corrida, mas se complicou batendo em Heidfeld e acabou tendo que cumprir um Drive Thorgh, Tinha chances de pontuação e acabou abandonando a 3 Voltas do Final, e Menção honrosa para Vitantonio Liuzzi que levou a carroça da Hispania em 13ºlugar.

1 - Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes) - 70 voltas em 4:04:39.539
2 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault) - a 2.709
3 - Mark Webber (Red Bull-Renault) - a 13.828
4 - Michael Schumacher (Mercedes) - a 14.219
5 - Vitaly Petrov (Renault) - a 20.395
6 - Felipe Massa (Ferrari) - a 33.225
7 - Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber-Ferrari) - a 33.270
8 - Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso-Ferrari) - a 35.964
9 - Rubens Barrichello (Williams-Cosworth) - a 45.100
10 - Sebastien Buemi (Toro Rosso-Ferrari) - a 47.000
11 - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) - a 50.400
12 - Pedro de la Rosa (Sauber-Ferrari) - a 1:03.600
13 - Vitantonio Liuzzi (Hispania-Cosworth) - a 1 volta
14 - Narain Karthikeyan (Hispania-Cosworth) - a 1 volta
15 - Jerome D'Ambrosio (Marussia Virgin-Cosworth) - a 1 volta
16 - Timo Glock (Marussia Virgin-Cosworth) - a 1 volta
17 - Jarno Trulli (Lotus-Renault) - a 1 volta
18 - Paul di Resta (Force India-Mercedes) - a 3 voltas/acidente

Não completaram:

Pastor Maldonado (Williams-Cosworth) - a 9 voltas/mecânico
Nick Heidfeld (Renault) - a 15 voltas/acidente
Adrian Sutil (Force India-Mercedes) - a 21 voltas/acidente
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) - a 34 voltas/acidente
Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus-Renault) - a 42 voltas/mecânico
Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) - a 63 voltas/acidente

Melhor volta: Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes) - 1m16s956, na 69ª

Fonte: http://www.portalsportszone.com.br/noti ... ia_147.htm
deivison

Post by deivison »

F1 produticions apresenta: A Odisséia Canadense!
F1 produticions apresenta: The odyssey Canadian

Inspirado no Filme a odisséia, a Formula 1 lançou ontem mais um sucesso, A Odisséia Canadense. Estrelando como protagonista o Inglês Jenson Button que foi praticamente Ulisses que não desistiu de seu objetivo de voltar para Casa depois de 10 anos de viagem, Button tinha como objetivo a vitória, e acreditou até o fim nesse sonho. Temos as versões Brasileira e Inglêsa.

Fonte: http://www.portalsportszone.com.br/noti ... ia_147.htm
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Devision, as good as these articles are, it would be better if they were translated into English before you posted them.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

15 - Jerome D'Ambrosio (Marussia Virgin-Cosworth) - a 1 volta
16 - Timo Glock (Marussia Virgin-Cosworth) - a 1 volta

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!?!?!?!?!?!?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989