USF1 is dead.

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
F1000X

Re: USF1 is dead.

Post by F1000X »

DanielPT wrote:
Ferrim wrote:The team may be dead, but as you possibly know from the reject Youtube thread, their Youtube account isn't.

Neither their Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/USF1Team

Didn't know where to post this, so feel free to move it.

Are they thinking of rising from the ashes?

They have embarrassed my country enough. There will never be an American F1 team ever again.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

The last entries, at least of the twitter account, are from the beginning of last year. It's simply a case of the account not being closed down and the last thing one would bother with in a bankrupt company would be the deletion of social network accounts. Nothing to see there, really.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Of course Klon, but it still surprises to me that no one bothered to close them, no matter how bankrupt the company went.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ferrim wrote:Of course Klon, but it still surprises to me that no one bothered to close them, no matter how bankrupt the company went.

Remember the Pacific website? Which remained open for 15 years, absolutely unaltered?

There.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Phoenix wrote:
Ferrim wrote:Of course Klon, but it still surprises to me that no one bothered to close them, no matter how bankrupt the company went.

Remember the Pacific website? Which remained open for 15 years, absolutely unaltered?

There.

I strongly suspect that we don't know the whole story of that.

If it had been online for 15 years, it would be available in the Internet Archive, but it isn't, and someone would have found it much earlier. If you look for pacificgrandprix.com you find copies of an absolutely unrelated website. The website we found a couple of years ago popped up from absolutely nowhere, and then disappared.

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ferrim wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

There.

If it had been online for 15 years, it would be available in the Internet Archive, but it isn't, and someone would have found it much earlier. If you look for pacificgrandprix.com you find copies of an absolutely unrelated website. The website we found a couple of years ago popped up from absolutely nowhere, and then disappared.

I don't know if it was genuine or a dud, but it looked the part.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was genuine. But I don't think it was there the whole time since 1995.

Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Ferrim wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

There.

That Pacific website I had it on my favourite list and I found it in 1998 I think and it only dissapeared about 2 years ago. For at least 10 years I can say I had it and it was up and running.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:That Pacific website I had it on my favourite list and I found it in 1998 I think and it only dissapeared about 2 years ago. For at least 10 years I can say I had it and it was up and running.

:(

You've just destroyed my idea.

Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

And who the hell would go to the effort of making a fake 1995-vintage website for a defunct F1 team?
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I didn't thought it was fake, but that maybe someone decided to reupload it at a much later date. But whatever I thought was wrong :lol:

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

It was just abandoned - probably at the time Keith Wiggins had so many problems to deal with that removing the website from the net was negligble by comparison.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

The website is still online with the magic archiver !
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Between

FREE PETER WINDSORzzzzz
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
rdbextreme

Post by rdbextreme »

Peter Windsor should return as the F1 correspondant for the American Speed Channel.