The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The HRT thread

Post by DanielPT »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I still haven't got a response from HRT (they've probably forgotten they have a contact section), but in the meantime, should we target 10,000 euros?

EDIT: The count thus far:

Klon- 500
DanielPT- 100
Jeroen- 100
TML- 15

You said that we were from F1Rejects? If you did, they probably felt offended...
You could contact them again saying that we represent a serious enterprise that seek increased brand awareness and found that, in a complex advertising study, motosport, as a means of reaching our goal, is the best option. And that in motosport the most watched series and the one which corresponds to our ambition is Formula 1.

That should do the trick :mrgreen:. Probably...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Count with 100€ on my part...
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

I didn't mention F1Rejects at all, so that shouldn't be the case. :)
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
billy

Post by billy »

I say we're setting our sights too low by buying a logo. Let's buy a drive! I'll put in €1,000,000.
Download my album! Free!
http://www.billyandthewomen.com
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

billy wrote:I say we're setting our sights too low by buying a logo. Let's buy a drive! I'll put in €1,000,000.

We are being deadly serious about putting F1Rejects in that car. Hope that, when time comes, you will have the amount you just promised prepared...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Do you mind sending me your email? Because, no offense intended, I doubt your mail looked like a serious buisness enquiry to them. ;)
And if we want to do it, we need to look at least semi-professional.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Anyway, what would you think they would ask for it?? I would say 40000€ for a tiny logo somewhere hidden in the car, but maybe we can arrange it for only a couple of weekends :D
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

like on the sides of the front wing or something.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Klon wrote:Do you mind sending me your email? Because, no offense intended, I doubt your mail looked like a serious buisness enquiry to them. ;)
And if we want to do it, we need to look at least semi-professional.

Erm, why don't you write one and then I'll send another one? For some reason or another, it's not in my 'sent' inbox, which might explain why I have no response... :oops:

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:You said that we were from F1Rejects? If you did, they probably felt offended...
You could contact them again saying that we represent a serious enterprise that seek increased brand awareness and found that, in a complex advertising study, motosport, as a means of reaching our goal, is the best option. And that in motosport the most watched series and the one which corresponds to our ambition is Formula 1.

Unfortunately I have the bad feeling that if we were to do so, we would get impeached for fraud. And if someone impreached me for fraud (without it being a wrong accusation) I want to be on Jamaica or some place like it. :mrgreen:
I have sent them a mail which should look seriously enough. I hope we get a response. But thinking about it: how do get that money to one place. I don't have a paypal account and I don't know if it is possible to simply transcribe money into foreign countries.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Klon wrote:...I don't know if it is possible to simply transcribe money into foreign countries.

I tried to do an international bank transfer last year. It's tied up in so much anti-money-laundering red tape (which, I suppose, is a good thing overall...) that I was told it would cost £25 to do so, and it would take three weeks. It is possible... just inconvenient. In the end I stuck to the good old tried and tested credit card... I'll bet Hispania would take that if they were so desperate for money. But only Visa, not MasterCard, especially if they know their F1 history and all the connotations that MasterCard carries...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I can contribute $50 (US) to the pot. And you better believe we'll find a way to make this happen.
Jeroen Krautmeir

That's 850 euros with our mod's cash counted. Should we ask Jamie and Enoch if their willing to put some money in?

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll chip in £100 or so.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:That's 850 euros with our mod's cash counted. Should we ask Jamie and Enoch if their willing to put some money in?

I bet that we can already put a logo in Karthikeyan overalls. :D
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Count on my 100€ as well.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'll throw £50 into the ring!

We need to do this properly though. I strongly suggest Paypal. Sure it's a little bit of hassle for folks who don't yet have an account, but you'll end up setting one up at some point in your life so why not now? That way we can quickly and efficiently transfer money to one determined account, and that member is the one who pays for the sponsorship.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

If this is a serious proposition I'd love to throw in £50-100.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

£50 from me too

I can't help thinking the chequered pattern has been put on the car because they won't be seeing much of it in flag form this year but top marks to HRT for the design, such a shameless and almost desperate sponsor grabbing attempt
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I'll chuck some money at it (maybe £50-£100). Don't suppose we have any idea how much it will cost though?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Jeroen Krautmeir

That's 1250 so far! 'Just' 8750 more to go. :P

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I didn't mention F1Rejects at all, so that shouldn't be the case. :)

Sooner or later, you're going to have to mention who you represent.

And did you run this by Enoch or Jamie first?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Well, I hope they would've told that they don't want it if that is the case.
Might not be the correct way to do it, but it took a while before anyone commented it.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I wonder when the other driver of the former Campos team will be announced. Who of the usual suspects has got the biggest pockets right now? Jose-Maria Lopez? Christijan Albers? Mohammed Bin Sulayem? Sakon Yamamoto?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Yannick wrote:I wonder when the other driver of the former Campos team will be announced. Who of the usual suspects has got the biggest pockets right now? Jose-Maria Lopez? Christijan Albers? Mohammed Bin Sulayem? Sakon Yamamoto?

Yeah. It is getting a bit late. I found myself trying to remind if HRT had previously promised to come to all tests only to change its mind... And I didn't saw any news on that filming day they had decided to go instead the Jerez test.

I guess that given the lack of built cars that they are not in a hurry. Also, given the early year fuss, commentaries and press releases they went a bit quiet recently. I hope they are busy working on getting through the 107% rule.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

DanielPT wrote:
Yannick wrote:I wonder when the other driver of the former Campos team will be announced. Who of the usual suspects has got the biggest pockets right now? Jose-Maria Lopez? Christijan Albers? Mohammed Bin Sulayem? Sakon Yamamoto?

Yeah. It is getting a bit late. I found myself trying to remind if HRT had previously promised to come to all tests only to change its mind... And I didn't saw any news on that filming day they had decided to go instead the Jerez test.

I guess that given the lack of built cars that they are not in a hurry. Also, given the early year fuss, commentaries and press releases they went a bit quiet recently. I hope they are busy working on getting through the 107% rule.

Hispania have posted a few photos from the Monza Pirelli test on their facebook.
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

HWNSNBM making an announcement tommorow:

http://twitter.com/ZBaumgartner/status/ ... 425086464#

Could... could it be? Could it really be?
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

Mister Fungus wrote:HWNSNBM making an announcement tommorow:

http://twitter.com/ZBaumgartner/status/ ... 425086464#

Could... could it be? Could it really be?

With this announcement and the F1Rejects sponsorship stuff, we just might be getting closer to this becoming reality:

:mrgreen:
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
Eryx

Post by Eryx »

Ok back to the point ,

who do you think this second driver will be? ive been wondering for ages...De La Rosa said no i think...Liuzzi well he may take the simple chance just to stay in F1 or we have a guy ive never even herd of and cant remember the name of...o.0!

bring back Luca Badoer!
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Narain will test 2 days at Barcelona and the last days will be split between three ex-F1 drivers. Liuzzi, Klien and Pantano (This is a italian site reporting)
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:That's 1250 so far! 'Just' 8750 more to go. :P

I'll throw in my entire life's savings.

Based on current USD-EUR exchange rates, I've got €0.75
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Myrvold wrote:Narain will test 2 days at Barcelona and the last days will be split between three ex-F1 drivers. Liuzzi, Klien and Pantano (This is a italian site reporting)

If that is right, then all 3 drivers are drivers with no money. Interesting.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
mario

Post by mario »

Myrvold wrote:Narain will test 2 days at Barcelona and the last days will be split between three ex-F1 drivers. Liuzzi, Klien and Pantano (This is a italian site reporting)

Klien, being the former reserve driver, would be a fairly logical choice, although I thought that Kolles had previously ruled him out. Liuzzi? Well, if he wants to stay in Formula 1, his options are either the 2nd seat at HRT or a reserve driver role (but even those roles are now running out - if Team Lotus do sign Chandhok, who has been seen talking to the team, that'll leave just Mercedes, Virgin Racing and HRT with vacant reserve driver positions).
Pantano is a fairly off the wall suggestion - Karthikeyan is a blast from the past, but he happens to be bringing a lot of cash from Tata Motors. Unless Pantano has managed to find a fairly substantial backer, I'd be surprised to see him back - HRT would have to be really desperate to bring back somebody like him. But, then again, this is HRT, so they are probably pretty desperate...

Myrvold, could you be so kind as to post a link to the original article? I'd be interested to see what the original report was like.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

mario wrote:

Klien, being the former reserve driver, would be a fairly logical choice, although I thought that Kolles had previously ruled him out. Liuzzi? Well, if he wants to stay in Formula 1, his options are either the 2nd seat at HRT or a reserve driver role (but even those roles are now running out - if Team Lotus do sign Chandhok, who has been seen talking to the team, that'll leave just Mercedes, Virgin Racing and HRT with vacant reserve driver positions).
Pantano is a fairly off the wall suggestion - Karthikeyan is a blast from the past, but he happens to be bringing a lot of cash from Tata Motors. Unless Pantano has managed to find a fairly substantial backer, I'd be surprised to see him back - HRT would have to be really desperate to bring back somebody like him. But, then again, this is HRT, so they are probably pretty desperate...

Myrvold, could you be so kind as to post a link to the original article? I'd be interested to see what the original report was like.

I think that Liuzzi and his management probably feel that being there in a (possibly) bad car is better than not being there at all.

Giorgio Pantano is a superb driver. I was part of the Racing Engineering team in GP2 in Hockenheim in 2008 (helping out his race engineer at the time, who is a mate of mine) and I can tell you that Pantano is an excellent driver and is easily good enough to be in Formula 1. He never had any decent amount of money, though. A bit like Glock in that respect. I think it would be very interesting to see him back in a Formula 1 car.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:
mario wrote:

I think that Liuzzi and his management probably feel that being there in a (possibly) bad car is better than not being there at all.

Giorgio Pantano is a superb driver. I was part of the Racing Engineering team in GP2 in Hockenheim in 2008 (helping out his race engineer at the time, who is a mate of mine) and I can tell you that Pantano is an excellent driver and is easily good enough to be in Formula 1. He never had any decent amount of money, though. A bit like Glock in that respect. I think it would be very interesting to see him back in a Formula 1 car.

Hmm, perhaps Pantano has matured in the meantime - it's been about seven years since Eddie Jordan tried him out, although his efforts in 2004 were not considered to be anything to write home about (indeed, he was awarded the drivers "Reject of the Year" award in 2004).

Perhaps he was rushed into F1 a bit too soon, but at the age of 32 and seven years down the line, it might be a bit too late for him to successfully make his way back into the sport - and, given that a lot of teams are now resorting to pay drivers, without sponsorship his chances of succeeding are slim, I suspect.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Might Liuzzi have some cash coming as a result of contract termination? Perhaps it will get him a couple of drives in the HRT ...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Faustus wrote:Giorgio Pantano is a superb driver. I was part of the Racing Engineering team in GP2 in Hockenheim in 2008 (helping out his race engineer at the time, who is a mate of mine) and I can tell you that Pantano is an excellent driver and is easily good enough to be in Formula 1. He never had any decent amount of money, though. A bit like Glock in that respect. I think it would be very interesting to see him back in a Formula 1 car.

I agree that it would be interesting to see him back in an F1 car. He was too young the last time and he fluffed it badly. Also, another problem is that it took him 4 years to dominate GP2 and that, in F1 notion of time, is an eternity. This, combined with that stint, must hurt his chances to a point of him being the sole GP2 champion not joining F1 in the year after, as already discussed somewhere else in this forum. Now, if it is true that he will test for HRT, Pantano has a supreme chance of showing people that he is indeed good for F1. I wonder what he's done last year... It seems he went to Auto GP (formerly known as Euroseries 3000) and fared a bit badly. (Grrrrrrrjjjjnnnnnnnn won it even though he missed the first 2 of a total of 6 races).
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Id say its between Klien and Liuzzi.

I think they want Klien, he is reasonably quick, and he knows the team well, they are probably giving him every chance to raise the cash and then give him a test at the end.

But then there is Liuzzi. Just out of F1, has a lot of potential, but has shown glimpses of it, and has a reputation of being involved in silly incidents. But he may come with some cash from his contract termination as discussed just before.

They may take Yamamoto's Yen and put him as reserve too.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Of those three, it could be, in my opinion, either Klien or Liuzzi. But if Liuzzi does pay up his seat with the money he earned over his contract with Force India settlement, it would be a fairly original way of becoming a pay driver. Pantano seems like a left-field choice, but, as it's been pointed out, unlike Karthikeyan he isn't (apparently) bringing any cash, which the team is obviously in big need of.

The best for the team would be to stick with Liuzzi, who has recent F1 experience with a decent team (and this would immensely please Joe Saward, so they would be getting good publicity from a pundit thrown in for good measure...), but if they went as far as making that livery, maybe they'll end up getting Yamamoto in the end.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

DanielPT wrote:I agree that it would be interesting to see him back in an F1 car. He was too young the last time and he fluffed it badly.

It seems like I'm continously trying to argue with you, and sorry about that. But how's 25 too young?
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!