2010 Korean GP Discussion thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Paul Hayes

Re: 2010 Korean GP Discussion thread

Post by Paul Hayes »

I hope we don't end up with a Monday race... Mind you, at least unlike some I'd be able to watch it, as I'm not working until the afternoon.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Where are the monsoon tyres ?
I mean with those track conditions they should race on them... or did i miss something
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Paul Hayes wrote:I hope we don't end up with a Monday race... Mind you, at least unlike some I'd be able to watch it, as I'm not working until the afternoon.

Don't think that'll happen. The two-hour race limit is still counting down... It will be like the half-points race last year (was it Malaysia or China?)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:I hope we don't end up with a Monday race... Mind you, at least unlike some I'd be able to watch it, as I'm not working until the afternoon.

Don't think that'll happen. The two-hour race limit is still counting down... It will be like the half-points race last year (was it Malaysia or China?)

According to Autosport's live race coverage, the clock stops under red-flag conditions; it's at 1:53 or so.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

What kind of tasty snacks do Ferrari have in the freezer for their drivers today?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

"these cars arent designed to go in this weather"
Then design them that way then Horndog.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

dr-baker wrote:

Brundle says the delay time is added onto the two hours. But they might run out of daylight!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

If the time limit ends, who is actually going to recognise it as the first Korean GP? It would almost literally have never happened.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:If the time limit ends, who is actually going to recognise it as the first Korean GP? It would almost literally have never happened.

It would be the perfect cap to the most perfect reject race ever.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Paul Hayes wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Brundle says the delay time is added onto the two hours. But they might run out of daylight!

I thought the two-hour time limit continued under red flags for the sake of TV schedules...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Warren Hughes wrote:What kind of tasty snacks do Ferrari have in the freezer for their drivers today?

Magnums in particular have been outlawed. Just Pepsi. :?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:I thought the two-hour time limit continued under red flags for the sake of TV schedules...

Oh no. But it restarts the moment the cars roll again.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

If I'd been alive in 1976, I'd say it's like Fuji all over again...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Paul Hayes wrote:If I'd been alive in 1976, I'd say it's like Fuji all over again...

So we could say it was like Fuji 2007 again then?
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

This is not Reject worthy, this is just embarrassing.

Can you imagine how all those legendary drives in the past could have been ruined. Jackie Stewart at the Nurb, Hunt winning the championship in Fuji, Spa 98...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:This is not Reject worthy, this is just embarrassing.

Can you imagine how all those legendary drives in the past could have been ruined. Jackie Stewart at the Nurb, Hunt winning the championship in Fuji, Spa 98...

Eff that noise, man. Jenson Button said he couldn't even see his front tires. This is beyond unsafe right now, especially on a track that nobody knows how it will behave.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Eff that noise, man. Jenson Button said he couldn't even see his front tires. This is beyond unsafe right now, especially on a track that nobody knows how it will behave.

From a guy in a country where no motorsport happens in any rain whatsoever. But for ovals, maye there's a reason for that. But this ain't no oval!
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Eff that?

Yeah, lets not have any soul in this sport whatsoever. People go to work in worse conditions than this.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

From a guy in a country where no motorsport happens in any rain whatsoever. But for ovals, maye there's a reason for that. But this ain't no oval!

Hey, don't paint everything with the same brush. You can't do oval racing in the rain because there is not enough grip to take the corners at any sort of speed... but for road course races in non-NASCAR series, the races happen in the rain.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Coke and Magnum, lads?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
the Masked Lapwing

Go the Hyundai truck! You can win this easily!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:Eff that?

Yeah, lets not have any soul in this sport whatsoever. People go to work in worse conditions than this.

But that work doesn't involve them driving hundreds of kilometers per hour in close spaces. There's enough risk in F1 with light rain, and this is no light rain.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

No NASCAR races in the rain?

Montreal?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Coke and Magnum, lads?

Coke and magnum carries a different connotation stateside. Just throwing that out there.

And I shouldn't have sweets right before bed.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:No NASCAR races in the rain?

Montreal?

I meant Sprint Cup.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Same Diff...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
dr-baker wrote:From a guy in a country where no motorsport happens in any rain whatsoever. But for ovals, maye there's a reason for that. But this ain't no oval!

Hey, don't paint everything with the same brush. You can't do oval racing in the rain because there is not enough grip to take the corners at any sort of speed... but for road course races in non-NASCAR series, the races happen in the rain.

Ok, ok. Just a stereotypical view. And actually, for the sake of the predictament predictions, I had an option available for a good points haul if the race never started at all. Thankfully, I went for an option where the race started also...
MCard LOLA
Libertango

Post by Libertango »

Kovi looks like he needs a magnum & a coke :D
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Force India telling Liuzzi that the race could be suspended due to light if it gets late enough. Yes, suspended not called off.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
the Masked Lapwing

Just had some Coke and chips, sorry.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Warren Hughes wrote: Yes, suspended not called off.

So far...
MCard LOLA
Dom

Post by Dom »

Right. This is ridiculous. I'm off to have an ice cream
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Warren Hughes wrote:Force India telling Liuzzi that the race could be suspended due to light if it gets late enough. Yes, suspended not called off.

Just do it tomorrow then. Why bother with today just to suspend it partway through?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Word has it that it'll be a 16:00 LCL Time restart
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Wizzie wrote:Word has it that it'll be a 16:00 LCL Time restart

You beauty! That's when the Four Nations footy finishes (Kummels getting thrashed as expected 38-0).
This is a cool spot.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Mayaswell be called off if this is the same conditions of the St. Pete's Indycar race.

Stop strining us along you beaureucrats and just GTF on with it.

By the way , you do realise we've been positing more frequently than any of the other races... Stupid really, this thread is going faster than the cars are at the moment.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:Word has it that it'll be a 16:00 LCL Time restart

Eh? Says who? (Not that I don't believe you... :) )
MCard LOLA
baddriving50

Post by baddriving50 »

I'll stick with my goldfish, but thanks for the offer.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Look at all these whinging drivers...

Alan Prost would be coming in his pants right now.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:Mayaswell be called off if this is the same conditions of the St. Pete's Indycar race.

Stop strining us along you beaureucrats and just GTF on with it.

By the way , you do realise we've been positing more frequently than any of the other races... Stupid really, this thread is going faster than the cars are at the moment.

Well, we're all bored, and right now I have a broadcast side-by-side with my Firefox window.