F1 Finals 2010*

Archive for the three above subforums
Phoenix

Re: F1 Finals 2010*

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:The Flight to the Finals Roundup:

All drivers currently competing in the 2010 F1 season have a mathematical possibilty of getting into the Wildcard Playoffs.

Sakon Yamamoto could be World Champion :shock:

I have only one thing to say to this...
RAK

Post by RAK »

Phoenix wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:The Flight to the Finals Roundup:

All drivers currently competing in the 2010 F1 season have a mathematical possibilty of getting into the Wildcard Playoffs.

You missed your opportunity to use the best, cheesiest BIG NO ever.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Korea is suffering from delays, builders cannot build in the rain or any form of precipitation, didnt think Korea had the same kind of builders as in the UK who do bathplug all.

Singapore on standby to be Wildcard playoff once again, which could lead to severe consequences with qualifying eligability, and with Suzuka on standby for Quarter Final hosting.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Waris

Post by Waris »

RAK wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Sadly, there is no audio of Sébastien Buemi's "I was three tenths up! NOOOOOOOOOO!!" moment to be found on the internet, otherwise that would've been a perfect fit. :mrgreen:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

RAK wrote:

Now this deserves a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

With the unknown progress of the Korean GP venue. FORM (Formula One Rejects Management) have taken a positive step to include the on/off venue in the finals, by altering the series format slightly:

Singapore: Wilcard Playoffs
Japan: Playoff Quarter Finals
Korea: Playoff Semi Final First Leg
Brazil: Playoff Semi Final Second Leg (Driver with the most laps achieved in both the Korean and Brazilian GP on aggregate wins, if there is a tie, finishing position in the Brazilian GP will be the tie-breaker)
Abu Dhabi : Grand Final and 3rd Place Playoff

If Korea gets removed the Brazil round will count as a 1 leg race, with the higher finisher determining progression to the Abu Dhabi Grand Final.

This means:
The Italian GP WILL be the last Points-paying round before the playoffs take place.
Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber have cemented their place in the top 4 and will get a bye to the Playoff Quarter Finals.
All of the current 24 drivers STILL have a mathematical chance of reaching the Wildcard Playoffs
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

After Monza:

Alonso's win puts him into the top four in the final race before the wildcard playoffs, Alonso will get a Bye to the Playoff Quarter Finals. Vettel is now 5th.

Mark Webber's 6th place finish may not have been much, but with Lewis Hamilton's retirement, Webber is top of the pile in the Top 4.

Kobayashi still gets the final slot in the wildcard playoffs despite the drivers below him not being able to finish with more points after the Japanese driver retired early on.

The Top 4 (Byed to the Playoff Quarter Finals):

Mark Webber (Red Bull) 187
Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) 182
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) 166
Jenson Button (McLaren) 165

The Wildcard Qualifiers:

Sebastien Vettel (Red Bull) 163
Felipe Massa (Ferrari) 124
Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 112
Robert Kubica (Renault) 108
Michael Schumacher (Mercedes) 46
Adrian Sutil (Force India) 45
Rubens Barrichello (Williams) 31
Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber) 21

This is how the Wildcard Playoffs will look:

Sebastien Vettel
v
Kamui Kobayashi

(Winner will play Jenson Button in Playoff Quarter Finals)

Felipe Massa
v
Rubens Barrichello

(Winner will Play Fernando Alonso)

Nico Rosberg
v
Adrian Sutil

(Winner will play Lewis Hamilton)

Robert Kubica
v
Michael Schumacher

(Winner will play Mark Webber)

Look out for a new thread in the build up to the Singapore GP to predict the outcomes of these head-to-heads.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Interesting that the two Ferrari drivers could be facing each other in the quarters, and Hamilton will be against one of his two best mates in the sport. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)