Sato in Indycar

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
P_Friesacher

Re: Sato in Indycar

Post by P_Friesacher »

Sato really did have a promising weekend - until the car realized it was enssentially a Lotus and broke down.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Bad lucky for sato :(

Also, reject of the race: Milka Duno :lol:
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Simona De Silvestro >>>>>>>> Danica Patrick > Milka Duno.
That is all.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Just thought about that caption: "Milka goes into Baguette forcing the leader out". Anyway...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Simona de Silvestro is awesome. She's done a fantastic job in that car... which by the way, is the former Minardi Team USA car! We'll see how she copes with the ovals, though!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Whoa, another crash for sato, now with your compatriot hideki mutoh.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Until that point, though, he was having an astonishingly strong first oval race, despite Milka Duno doing her best to take him out of contention.
Last edited by P_Friesacher on 01 May 2010, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Who was to blame?
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

I'd say it was a racing accident - but if you want to appropriate blame, I believe Mutoh's spotter desrves a bit more of that then Sato's.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-IfeBtGQHU

3:00 - Sato/Mika contact in pit exit
5:05 - Sato/Mutoh crash
frongor

Post by frongor »

Great debut oval race from Takuma and the feeling when he crashed was exact the one you got after he clashed with Barrichello at Nurnburgring in 2004. Taku could have got a respectable top 10 by taking it easy and just finishing the race, instead he gives it all and loses everything. A true racer, a weak tactician - just the kind of guys we want more of in F1
Super Aguri - come back!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

frongor wrote:Great debut oval race from Takuma and the feeling when he crashed was exact the one you got after he clashed with Barrichello at Nurnburgring in 2004. Taku could have got a respectable top 10 by taking it easy and just finishing the race, instead he gives it all and loses everything. A true racer, a weak tactician - just the kind of guys we want more of in F1

I think it's not about being a great tactician all alone-in fact, that'd be a minor part of it. Theoretically racing is about giving it all out there; then, you can be lucky or unlucky. It's also about the ability, but I'm not going to discuss Taku's ability, especially considering he's still a rookie.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

P_Friesacher wrote:I'd say it was a racing accident - but if you want to appropriate blame, I believe Mutoh's spotter desrves a bit more of that then Sato's.
That restart was a complete disaster all around. If I had to apportion blame, I'd give most of it to de Silvestro (in the orange car, to the right of them both)-she squeezed Mutoh up the track...
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Urgent Sato-appeal: He's struggling to qualify for the Indy 500 and there are only 40 Minutes left of Bump Day. So cross your fingers!
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

That was close, but he's in.
Sad Reject of Bump Day: Paul Tracy who had qualified for the race, but tried to go for another run, thus deleting his time. And then didn't manage to set the time he had set before.
Also quite sad for Jay Howard and Sarah Fischer Racing.... - But WOW, what a great Bump Day that was!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

That was about as hectic as 1995's Bump Day. Okay, maybe not, but it was still a surprise to see Tracy and Howard go home after Saavedra crashed... just imagine if they both beat Kanaan and sent Kanaan home!

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Kanaan would have most likely started anyway, taking John Andretti's car and last spot in the grid. After all he is full-time driver while Andretti is not.

Anyway, nice to see that Sato managed to do it. Hoping him to have good race and taking Rookie of the Year award home. Actually, would have liked to see anyone from the back end of the grid go fast enough on Saturday to clinch place in 21, because then we would have had entire row of female drivers!

Justin Wilson is already done few races. Sebastian Saavedra is also F1Rejects related driver since he was mentioned in the podcast as replacement driver for Toro Rosso! (somewhere in 2008)
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Takuma Sato finished 20th and 2 laps down in the Indy 500. And the IRL shows F1 how to handle a misunderstood passing under yellow situation: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100530/ap_ ... 0_review_4
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

This being the IndyCar discussion thread (essentially), Sato had a big crash in quali for the 500 and was put at 100-1 odds to win. Also, reject connection, Mike Conway, drove in GP2 and was a teammate of Chinese F1 idol winner Ho-Pin-Tung, had that huge crash near the end of the race.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

tristan1117 wrote:This being the IndyCar discussion thread (essentially), Sato had a big crash in quali for the 500 and was put at 100-1 odds to win. Also, reject connection, Mike Conway, drove in GP2 and was a teammate of Chinese F1 idol winner Ho-Pin-Tung, had that huge crash near the end of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4CCWoF-DCU
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Dj_bereta wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:This being the IndyCar discussion thread (essentially), Sato had a big crash in quali for the 500 and was put at 100-1 odds to win. Also, reject connection, Mike Conway, drove in GP2 and was a teammate of Chinese F1 idol winner Ho-Pin-Tung, had that huge crash near the end of the race.

And 'just' a broken leg, thankfully - could have been so much worse...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84058
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

dr-baker wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:

And 'just' a broken leg, thankfully - could have been so much worse...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84058

What the hell was he thinking? Everyone involved was really lucky.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
mario

Post by mario »

They weren't the only lucky ones - thank goodness that there was a reasonably large gap behind them, given how far the wreckage was spread (we saw that something hit the camera of one of the drivers behind those two - thankfully it didn't fly a bit lower), otherwise that could have been very nasty indeed.

LionZoo wrote:Takuma Sato finished 20th and 2 laps down in the Indy 500. And the IRL shows F1 how to handle a misunderstood passing under yellow situation: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100530/ap_ ... 0_review_4

Well, given that it was his first race, and the crash that he'd had, he was always going to have a tough time of it. As for the yellow flag situation, well, over in the Indy car series, the rules allow you to simply switch the positions like that - if F1 had a similar rule, it'd have saved us all from a lot of acrimony (and the stewards from a lot of hate mail...)
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Dj_bereta wrote:

He's lucky to be alive. How often do you see an engine shear from the rest of the monocoque? I really hope there's black box data for this crash. I'm curious as to what kind of force it took to destroy that car the way it was.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Apparently Ryan Hunter-Reay ran out of fuel and that made him to slow down, causing Conway to crash into him.
rdbextreme

Post by rdbextreme »

Takuma needs some more time in an IndyCar. People often under appreciate the talent that the sport has. It would be difficult for ANY F1 driver to make the switch, not only to a different car... but to the ovals as well.
frongor

Post by frongor »

Takuma on ovals is an emotional roller coaster

He qualify good and race right at the top for 100-150 laps (P5 at Kansas and P3 yesterday at Iowa)...
And then throws the Lotus into the wall.

He is nowhere close to being the ROTY, but he obviously has potential and hopefully KV will keep him for at least another season.
Super Aguri - come back!
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

Still, his (lack of) success didn't stop me from going to the race at Texas wearing an Super Aguri hat and also shirt.
I think there's just a large electromagnet in his car, and race control turns it on around 75% through the race. At texas, some new guy just turned it on a bit too early.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I'm watching the race right now, Sato is doing well.

Edit: And he just crashed. F*ck....
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

F1000X wrote:Edit: And he just crashed. F*ck....

Typical Sato, IMO.

captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Takuma looked great in that green Lotus! His exit from the race was Classic Sato.
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
frongor

Post by frongor »

Looking only at the race results, Takuma seems just slightly better than Milka Duno as he hardly ever finishes. However, he qualify strongly (especially on road courses) and run in the top until something like yesterday happen....
He will get a strong finish sooner or later, and i think his second year might be very good. And the Lotus-Indycar look much better than the Lotus-F1.
Super Aguri - come back!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

frongor wrote:And the Lotus-Indycar look much better than the Lotus-F1.

That's 'coz its a Lotus-Dallara-Honda! There's only a 95% chance of failure with that combo.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

captainhappy wrote:Takuma looked great in that green Lotus! His exit from the race was Classic Sato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgG88OjKlqg - Slightly ambitious overtake by the look of it.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

watka wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgG88OjKlqg - Slightly ambitious overtake by the look of it.

Yep, classic Takuma. That's the way, ahaha, I like it. :mrgreen:
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Klon wrote:
watka wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgG88OjKlqg - Slightly ambitious overtake by the look of it.

Yep, classic Takuma. That's the way, ahaha, I like it. :mrgreen:

Brilliant! :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Indy 2010 season is over, franchitti gets the title by 5 points (A strategic error in Chicago cost Power's Title)! Sato finished in 21st position in your first indy season. Also justin wilson, another Ex-F-1 in indy, finished in 11th.

In overall sato did a god job, but crashed so much! Because of this, considering only those who ran the whole season, he only finished ahead of Milka Duno (2010 Indy ROTY so far).
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Dj_bereta wrote:Indy 2010 season is over, franchitti gets the title by 5 points (A strategic error in Chicago cost Power's Title)! Sato finished in 21st position in your first indy season. Also justin wilson, another Ex-F-1 in indy, finished in 11th.

In overall sato did a god job, but crashed so much! Because of this, considering only those who ran the whole season, he only finished ahead of Milka Duno (2010 Indy ROTY so far).

There are far too many walls on ovals for Bonsai, not Banzai to thrive...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Dj_bereta wrote:Indy 2010 season is over, franchitti gets the title by 5 points (A strategic error in Chicago cost Power's Title)! Sato finished in 21st position in your first indy season. Also justin wilson, another Ex-F-1 in indy, finished in 11th.

Will Power lost the title? He was MILES ahead of everyone just a couple of months ago. Man! :o
Stay home, Colin Kolles!