Alasdair Lindsay's GPM2 Career: 1996-????

Archive for the three above subforums
DemocalypseNow

Alasdair Lindsay's GPM2 Career: 1996-????

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Legendary team boss Alasdair Lindsay has moved on from his days at DeCrasheris-TWR Super Aguri Motorsport F1 Super (Reject) Team, and has been appointed team manager of Forti from the 1996 season.

With Andrea Montermini and Taki Inoue hired as drivers, the team was expected to have a tough start to the season at Albert Park, but that didn't seem to be the case - Montermini qualified 12th (!!!), while Inoue shared the back row of the grid with David Coulthard!

The race did not go to plan however - Montermini retired on the first lap, after the same problem had plagued him in Quali - the team still hasn't figured out what the problem even is yet. Inoue meanwhile trundled around in last place and was 3 laps down before retiring on Lap 21. In the end, a bitterly dissapointing result.

FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSIP 1996 | Round 1 | Albert Park, Melbourne
1. Jean Alesi | BENETTON
2. Gerhard Berger | BENETTON
3. Damon Hill | WILLIAMS
4. Jacques Villeneuve | WILLIAMS
5. Michael Schumacher | FERRARI
6. Martin Brundle | JORDAN (despite running out of fuel on the final lap)
------------------------
DNF. Taki Inoue | FORTI | +37 Laps (Spun off)
DNF. Andrea Montermini | FORTI | +57 Laps (Unknown)

(Don't accuse me of bandwagon jumping, I started this whole fad!)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alasdair Lindsay's GPM2 Career: 1996-????

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nice to see you jump on the bandwagon as well :lol: I think I might do so next with GP4.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:Nice to see you jump on the bandwagon as well :lol: I think I might do so next with GP4.

Proof I was the third ever person to get on the bandwagon ;) :ugeek:

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1996 | Round 2 | Interlagos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
As the teams headed across the Pacific to Brazil, Forti had already added some new parts to their car, and they seemed to have a positive effect.

However nobody predicted what was coming next: ANDREA MONTERMINI SCORED POLE!!!!! :shock:
The Italian had beaten Damon Hill to pole by less than a tenth of a second - as the Benettons failed to retain their dominating pace from Melbourne.
Taki Inoue too had improved, going from 21st in Melboure to 11th on the grid.

The race however was a whole different story - the team knew as soon as Montermini made a pit-stop, he would be passed by half the field. The solution? Don't stop at all.
It didn't work however - Montermini was passed by Hill and Berger at the start - and in the next few laps was also passed by Alesi, Schumacher, Villeneuve and Irvine.
Inoue's aggressive 3-stop strategy failed completely, crashing out after only 4 laps.
Meanwhile Montermini's strategy continued to backfire spectacularly - by Lap 15 he was down to 12th, and by Lap 17, he too was out.
Once again, a dismal race for the perrenial backmarkers of Formula One.

RACE RESULTS
1. Damon Hill | WILLIAMS
2. Michael Schumacher | FERRARI
3. Jacques Villeneuve | WILLIAMS
4. Eddie Irvine | FERRARI
5. Rubens Barrichello | JORDAN
6. Pedro Diniz | LIGIER
------------------------
DNF. Andrea Montermini | FORTI | +54 Laps (Spun Off)
DNF. Taki Inoue | FORTI | +67 Laps (Spun Off)

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:Nice to see you jump on the bandwagon as well :lol: I think I might do so next with GP4.

Proof I was the third ever person to get on the bandwagon ;) :ugeek:

I read the bottom of your first post, that's why I talked about jumping on the bandwagon.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Are Montermini's times real or are you exploiting the bug where if a slow car goes out ahead of a fast one in qualifying the fast one will effectively 'push' the slow one around faster?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Enforcer wrote:Are Montermini's times real or are you exploiting the bug where if a slow car goes out ahead of a fast one in qualifying the fast one will effectively 'push' the slow one around faster?

I think I did it by accident in Interlagos (which would explain why Hill was just slower and no more), but that aside, it's all genuine pace.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Are you using the original GPM2 or the "Real 1996" mod?

Regarding awkward qualifying results, Verstappen won a race for me after getting the pole at Spa-Francorchamps. The team? Simtek, 1995 season. Schiattarella qualified 6th but spun off, having reached 3rd from 8th in the grid in the previous race at Hungaroring (while Jos the Boss qualified 3rd but spun off there). :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:Are you using the original GPM2 or the "Real 1996" mod?

Regarding awkward qualifying results, Verstappen won a race for me after getting the pole at Spa-Francorchamps. The team? Simtek, 1995 season. Schiattarella qualified 6th but spun off, having reached 3rd from 8th in the grid in the previous race at Hungaroring (while Jos the Boss qualified 3rd but spun off there). :lol:

Original. For some reason my copy of GMP2 always fecks up the mods I download and has an absolute sh*tload of bugs.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kostas22 wrote:

Original. For some reason my copy of GMP2 always fecks up the mods I download and has an absolute sh*tload of bugs.

Uh. Mods are individual packages, each of them must be run from their own folder, don't install them over your original GPM2 installation. Otherwise you get a load of bugs. :geek:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Uh. Mods are individual packages, each of them must be run from their own folder, don't install them over your original GPM2 installation. Otherwise you get a load of bugs. :geek:

That's whats weird - I do, but somehow my original game retained the flags configuration from the F1 Rejects mod somehow :?

Image Image
nikmondo

Post by nikmondo »

Chaps,

I'm playing GPM2 1992 mod and when the final race results appear at Spa the game crashes and closes?? This happens every time and I can't get any further in the championship? Any idea what courses this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Nik
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

nikmondo wrote:Chaps,

I'm playing GPM2 1992 mod and when the final race results appear at Spa the game crashes and closes?? This happens every time and I can't get any further in the championship? Any idea what courses this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Nik

Can't say I know a good fix for that, because the bug you mentioned doesn't appear in my game. I re-uploaded the mod on the GPM2World server, just in case if the file had been corrupted. Your best chance to fix the bug would be to re-download and -install the mod.