Community Podcast Is Back For More

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
TimmyB

Community Podcast Is Back For More

Post by TimmyB »

Ok everyone, get ready to re-stock with your freshest 'hurling grade' papyas, the F1 Rejects Community Podcast is back for more!

In the absense of any other volunteers I'll be hosting this one again but I NEED YOUR HELP!

The last GP covered on a podcast was Monaco, think about all that's happened since then... Surely there's something that you want to vent your spleen about? We're opening the door to everyone again to provide a 1 to 2 minute recording on an F1 topic of their choice. Be opinionated, be controversial, be rejectful!

I'm still trying to work out a cut-off date for contributions, but if you're even thinking about providing something then let us know here.

Thanks goes to Enoch for allowing this to happen (again!) and I look forward to your contributions.

PS. Don't ask about when our overlords are returning to the podcasting ring, I can't help you. :|
Last edited by TimmyB on 06 Jul 2010, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Re: Community Podast Is Back For More

Post by dr-baker »

Please make it a good one - it will "only" be the 100th podcast...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Re: Community Podast Is Back For More

Post by ADx_Wales »

100th Podast
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Community Podcast Is Back For More

Post by shinji »

Just the last three races from Wiki:

In Turkey, Webber and Vettel looked set for another 1-2 but a collision between the two drivers resulted in Vettel retiring and Webber being demoted to 3rd place. The McLarens of Hamilton and Button capitalised on their rivals mistakes to take a 1-2 for their team despite a close battle between the two team-mates later in the race, while in Canada, Hamilton ended Red Bull's unbroken run of pole positions. Lewis Hamilton won a very eventful Canadian Grand Prix, with Button finishing second from a grid position of 4th to make it a second successive Mclaren 1-2, and the third McLaren 1-2 of the season. Fernando Alonso finished the race in third, having started third, although was disappointed not to have been able to win the race after having fallen victim to traffic on 2 separate occasions, giving first Hamilton and then Button opportunities to overtake. Sebastian Vettel finished 4th, Webber 5th after having started 7th due to incurring a 5-place grid penalty for a gearbox change under parc ferme conditions. This race gave the lead of the drivers' championship to Lewis Hamilton, 3 points ahead of Button who is a further 3 points ahead of Mark Webber in 3rd place. McLaren's pre-race lead of 1 point in the constructors' championship over Red Bull Racing increased to a 22-point lead due to this result.

In Europe, Sebastian Vettel got his title ambitions back on track with a win that looked in doubt after Hamilton gave up the chase 5 laps from the finish. Lewis Hamilton had been penalised with a drive-through penalty, allowing him to stay 2nd. His team-mate Button followed closely behind in third. Mark Webber had a huge collision with Heikki Kovalainen after pitting on lap 8, in which his Red Bull flipped violently at 190 mph, landing upside down before bouncing over and careening into the barriers; it was later revealed that the destroyed chassis was the same that Webber had driven to victory in Spain and Monaco. Alonso came 8th and was furious with stewards for delaying Hamilton's penalty. This was Sauber's second double finish, showing their technical advancements. Kamui Kobayashi spent all but six laps on his first set of tyres. He rejoined ninth, but was able to put moves on Sebastian Buemi and Fernando Alonso (in the final lap and the final corner respectively) to finish seventh.

BTW, on the article for the 2010 season, someone changed every 'Alonso' to 'GalFonso'. Hilarious right!? :roll:
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

MP3 only?
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Any audio format will do, but if it's over 7 or 8 meg then you'll have to upload it to a fileshare site and send me the link.

Clips should be sent to timbendall at hotmail dot com

Also, I hate to disappoint dr-baker, but this will not be the 100th F1 Rejects Podcast, it will be the 3rd F1 Rejects Community Podcast. Depending on whether you count eytls solo effort, the official count is still at 96 or 97.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TimmyB wrote:Any audio format will do, but if it's over 7 or 8 meg then you'll have to upload it to a fileshare site and send me the link.

Clips should be sent to timbendall at hotmail dot com

Also, I hate to disappoint dr-baker, but this will not be the 100th F1 Rejects Podcast, it will be the 3rd F1 Rejects Community Podcast. Depending on whether you count eytls solo effort, the official count is still at 96 or 97.

OK, fair enough, but it still comes through on the same iTunes feed... And that is currently on 99...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Lets say that these three have been given a time penalty of 25 months, thus their broadcast finishing order will be different.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

dr-baker wrote:OK, fair enough, but it still comes through on the same iTunes feed... And that is currently on 99...

...oh alright I'll do something special just for you! :) ;)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TimmyB wrote:
dr-baker wrote:OK, fair enough, but it still comes through on the same iTunes feed... And that is currently on 99...

...oh alright I'll do something special just for you! :) ;)

:oops:
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Just so you don't forget, you need Istanbul (Not Constantinople) in this podcast.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

shinji wrote:Just so you don't forget, you need Istanbul (Not Constantinople) in this podcast.

Got it covered. :)
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

hey, awesome, another communicast! i'd like to record something, but i'm still recovering from having my wisdom teeth out.
if i think of anything i'd like read, i'll try and post it, but other then that, i can't wait to hear the next podcast!
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
Waris

Post by Waris »

These community podcasts are wonderful and I love them, but I really do hope the old podcasts will never go away. I mean, they're pretty much a part of, well not exactly my childhood, but I've been listening to them pretty much after every race since I was 13, and I have fond memories of hearing the "G'day everyone, and welcome to another Formula One Rejects podcast, my name is Jamie McGregor, and sitting here next to me is Formula One Rejects Site Author, Senior Grand Prix analyst and [whatever he is this week] Enoch Law, Enoch..." - "G'day Jamie" introduction, and especially for a person like me who plans to move transcontinentally, it would be wonderful to have it stay with me always, wherever I go, as a sort of tangible link to my youth. Or whatever.

Sorry, I got a little sentimental there. Anyway, ON WITH THE COMMUNITY PODCASTS! I will listen to them with interest. ^_^
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Waris wrote:These community podcasts are wonderful and I love them, but I really do hope the old podcasts will never go away. I mean, they're pretty much a part of, well not exactly my childhood, but I've been listening to them pretty much after every race since I was 13, and I have fond memories of hearing the "G'day everyone, and welcome to another Formula One Rejects podcast, my name is Jamie McGregor, and sitting here next to me is Formula One Rejects Site Author, Senior Grand Prix analyst and [whatever he is this week] Enoch Law, Enoch..." - "G'day Jamie" introduction, and especially for a person like me who plans to move transcontinentally, it would be wonderful to have it stay with me always, wherever I go, as a sort of tangible link to my youth. Or whatever.

Sorry, I got a little sentimental there. Anyway, ON WITH THE COMMUNITY PODCASTS! I will listen to them with interest. ^_^

One of the best posts I've read on here. And I've read most of the posts.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
Waris wrote:These community podcasts are wonderful and I love them, but I really do hope the old podcasts will never go away. I mean, they're pretty much a part of, well not exactly my childhood, but I've been listening to them pretty much after every race since I was 13, and I have fond memories of hearing the "G'day everyone, and welcome to another Formula One Rejects podcast, my name is Jamie McGregor, and sitting here next to me is Formula One Rejects Site Author, Senior Grand Prix analyst and [whatever he is this week] Enoch Law, Enoch..." - "G'day Jamie" introduction, and especially for a person like me who plans to move transcontinentally, it would be wonderful to have it stay with me always, wherever I go, as a sort of tangible link to my youth. Or whatever.

And written most of them too.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:
shinji wrote:

4.71% of them for the record.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
shinji wrote:One of the best posts I've read on here. And I've read most of the posts.

How'd you figure that out?

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:
shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:And written most of them too.

How'd you figure that out?

Says it in mah profile.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

I saw that the post count had rocketed for this topic and thought "Wow, interest has really peaked up!", then I looked... "No it's just kostas22 and shinji having a chat..." :?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TimmyB wrote:I saw that the post count had rocketed for this topic and thought "Wow, interest has really peaked up!", then I looked... "No it's just kostas22 and shinji having a chat..." :?

I guess I could make a comeback and co-host it :D

Just depends when you're planning to do the recordings.

Image Image
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

kostas22 wrote:I guess I could make a comeback and co-host it :D

Sorry mate, I don't think it will work out this time.

Besides, I've already got a co-host now. :o ;)
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

TimmyB wrote:

Hate that kostas.
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

TimmyB wrote:

Glad to hear it. I hope we'll get a good sampling of as many different accents as possible. I find the international aspect adds to the experience.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
pattav2

Post by pattav2 »

Just want to know, is there a sought of guideline for being on board with these podcasts. Id like to join but i dont think id be good with writing up something on the current going on. But if i was given something id have to talk about i could do some research and put some effort into it.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

pattav2 wrote:Just want to know, is there a sought of guideline for being on board with these podcasts. Id like to join but i dont think id be good with writing up something on the current going on. But if i was given something id have to talk about i could do some research and put some effort into it.

Hey mate. Well, seeing as you're an Aussie, it'd be good to get your opinion on the Red Bull tiff going down at the moment. Have Red Bull's decisions been fair? What do you think will happen in the next races? I'm looking at releasing the podcast in the middle of this week so if you can type or record something by then that'd be good.

Check back through the opening posts for the previous couple of podcasts if you need more instructions
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

hey everyone, news from texas, though it's a few days old:

FOM has purchased land near bergstrom international airport in austin, just a few miles southeast of downtown.
it's quite hilly, and is actually a really nice place. i went down to visit over the weekend, and it looks really good. believe all the hype about there being potential for a good track.
if tilke uses the elevation changes to his advantage, the 2012 us grand prix should be fantastic.
that is, if everything goes to plan, and considering america's track record with formula 1 recently....
fingers crossed.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

For everyones information, the podcast is *this* close to being completed. Hopefully released in a day or so.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TimmyB wrote:For everyones information, the podcast is *this* close to being completed. Hopefully released in a day or so.

Woo hoo. Looking forward to it! :D
MCard LOLA
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

It's done. :D

Look out for a new forum post once the podcast is available for download.