F1 Rejects Teams Ratings

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects Teams Ratings

Post by Klon »

Jordan Grand Prix

Raw Pace - 8.0
Once they had established themselves, they were a considerable threat in terms of pace

Driver Selection - 8.5
United virtually the best a team in their position could get and made something out of them

Strategy Making - 5.5
Well, never much glory here, but that might be my memory failing me

Entertainment Value - 8.5
Very fascinating team with lots of interesting guys ... also bonus points for "Bathplug Yeah!" liveries

Personal Sympathy - 9.5
Jordan is a pretty cool guy, eh lets Schumacher's debut and doesn't afraid of anything - no, seriously, I really loved that team, the 99 title should have been Frentzen and it's fall from F1 is a sad story. Half a point loss for robbing Ralf of a chance for his first win in Spa :mrgreen:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Jordan
RAW PACE-6.0 On their good days, they made fairly fast cars, especially in 1999. Some years, however, they fell off badly (1992-1993, 2003-2005).
DRIVER SELECTION-6.5 Some good choices here (de Cesaris, believe it or not, Modena, Barrichello, Irvine, Fisichella, Ralf Schumacher, Damon Hill, Frentzen), but they did a mess with Pantano, Karthikeyan and Firman.
STRATEGY MAKING-7.0
ENTERTAINING VALUE-10 Good drivers helped, but Eddie Jordan was undoubtedly one of a kind...
PERSONAL SYMPATHY-9.0 A well organized, focused and competent team with a great boss.
RELIABILITY-6.0 Average, really.
LIVERY-8.0 From 1997 to 2002 they were very creative with their liveries (snakes/hornets/sharks on the nosecone, replacements for the B&H sponsorship on non-tobacco areas). The early liveries were only acceptable though, and the 1995 one was overcharged.
CAR DESIGNS-8.5 The only ugly Jordan car I can think of was the 2000 EJ10 with its airbox. The other cars were quite nice, especially the 191 and 192, which are regarded as some of the best looking F1 cars ever made with good reason.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jordan Grand Prix

Raw Pace: 7.5
It didn't take them long to be points scorers, and even race winners, but their pace was seriously poor in the latter years

Driver Choice: 8
Usually good, Eddie Jordan did like drivers with flair (Frentzen, Alesi, Schumacher, Irvine), but towards the end they settled for second best (Firman and Pantano?!?!)

Strategy: 8.5
Wiley as anyone, they often snatched points with good decisions.

Entertainment Value: 9.5
There was always something going on with that team!

Personal Sympathy: 9.0
Frentzen's title challenge was crushed in 1999, and that was sad. The team were always fun (like Red Bull), but respectable also (unlike Red Bull).
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Jordan Grand Prix

Raw Pace: 7.5
They were fantastic for a team their size until the costs shot up in the early 2000's. From then on they struggled massively

Driver Choice: 8.5
Jordan usually had some of the best pairings on the grid. Even when they were on their death bed they still had a stonger pairing than the teams they were racing against.

Strategy: 9.0
Can't think of many teams who were more agile when it came to strategy. If something unusual happened in a race you could count on Jordan to capitalize on it.

Entertainment Value: 10.0
Brilliant team with a brilliant boss. Watching Eddie Jordan on the BBC coverage has reminded me just how much I miss his team.

Personal Sympathy: 10.0
Quite possibly my favourite team of all time.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Jordan

Raw Pace - 6.5. Jordan were only truly competitive from mid 1998 until mid 2000, with patches of speed in 2001. Other than that, there were a few respectable seasons (91,94-96, 02) and some poor ones (92-93, 03-05).

Driver Choice - 8. They were fairly good in this respect. Picked up de Cesaris right about the time he stopped crashing into everything. Debuted a fair whack of talent, although a lot of it raw and unrefined: Rubens Barrichello, Eddie Irvine, Alex Zanardi, Takuma Sato, Timo Glock, Ralf Schumacher and Giancarlo Fisichella (as well as Michael Schumacher, obviously, but that was a pay drive from Mercedes rather than a brilliant piece of driver spotting from Eddie). As well as that, they had other good picks like Frentzen and Trulli. And even as they staggered towards becoming Midland/Spyker/Force India, they still managed to get the services of respectable pilots like Fisichella and Heidfeld.
There were some bad choices too, though, such as their driver merry-go-round in 1993, including Thierry Boutsen who was past his sell-by date, and Ivan Capelli, basically crushed by his poor season with Ferrari, and later, Ralf Firman (I don't think he was even bringing money to the team) and Giorgio Pantano.

Strategy - 8. Probably not masters of the art, but still put in a few good showings in the tactical department. France 1999 probably being the best example.

Entertainment Value - 9. Do I need to explain this? It's Eddie Jordan.

Personal Sympathy - 400,000.0 (count it as 10 ;) ). Not only were they a non-manufacturer, they were the only Irish presence on the grid for 15 years.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

F1 REJECTS INOFFICIAL TEAM RATINGS

Overall
McLaren Racing- 7,812
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,417
Jordan Grand Prix- 6,301
British American Racing- 4,787

Raw Pace
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,409
Jordan Grand Prix- 7,125
British American Racing- 5,833

Driver Selection
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Jordan Grand Prix- 8,000
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,772
British American Racing- 6,055

Strategy Making
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Jordan Grand Prix- 7,562
Stewart Grand Prix- 6,909
British American Racing- 4,277

Entertainment Value
Jordan Grand Prix- 8,812
McLaren Racing- 7,187
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,136
British American Racing- 5,944

Personal Sympathy
Jordan Grand Prix- 9,500
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,863
McLaren Racing- 4,687
British American Racing- 1,777

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We all like Jordan. Its Personal Sympathy mark clearly shows that! Unfortunately, the Irish team couldn't really come close to the Kiwi team and the Scottish team in the overall standings. And now, this team had a drink as one of its drivers, had a Portuguy who wore a helmet with Pink, and also had a driver who couldn't score a point. Yep, you know its;

***Minardi F1 Team***

Start rating!
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Minardi

Pace: 4.5

Driver Choice: 10 - HWNSNBM, NAKANO SHINJI!

Strategy: 5

Entertainment: 8

Sympathy: 9.5
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Minardi

Raw Pace: 4 -- Except 1990 and 1991, when they could´ve made something better with a little bit of luck, they were perennial at the back.

Driver Choice: 6.5 -- They always chose the best they could hope for in the latin market (specially italian drivers), but the lack of cash meant that people like Tarso Marques (twice!) or Lavaggi got the chance to drive.

Strategy making: 4 -- Nothing special here

Entertainment value: 9 -- Watching future top drivers like Alonso, Fisichella, Trulli or Webber there was priceless. Plus moments like Mazzacane in front of Hakkinen in Indianapolis ´00 or Badoer at Nurburgring ´99 made the team look charming.

Sympathy: 8 -- They never were my fave backpackers but they got extra points for employing almost every spanish driver of the last 25 years
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Minardi

Raw Pace - 3.0
Aside from some good cars in the early nineties, they never got much with their lack of money.

Driver Selection - 6.5
Well, they had an eye for talent, but their financial situation never allowed them to conquer the world with stars.

Strategy Making - 3.5
Hmm, they never did anything great there.

Entertainment Value - 10.0
The best espresso team and the ever-notorious Paul Stoddart are great at this. Also HWNSNBM, people.

Personal Sympathy - 10.0
Reject heaven, I'm coming back to you!

Jordan Grand Prix- 6,301

How do you calculate this, because this is nowhere near right if done with my system. :mrgreen:
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Raw Pace - 2.5
Raw Pace and Minardi weren't quite the opposite of each other, but it wasn't far off at times. To be fair they had a few half way respectable seasons, but their pace was never better than lower midfield, and from 96-97 on they were basically the bottom rung.

Driver Selection - 7.0
Fisi (who I incorrectly stated debuted with Jordan earlier :oops: ), Webber, Trulli, Verstappen, Alboreto, Alonso, Martini and HWNSNBM is a respectable roster of former drivers. The Gianmaria Brunis and Patrick Freisachers of this world can't really be helped at their level.

Strategy Making - 5.0
Rarely near enough the front of the grid to make a difference on strategy, so a middle of the road score.

Entertainment Value - 7.5
As much mirth as could be derived from seeing them do well, they weren't really entertaining in their own right before Stoddart came in.

Personal Sympathy - 9.0
The little guy, and the borderline reject team. What's there not to like?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Minardi

Raw Pace - 3.5
For a little while, they were a respected team and avoided the horrors of pre-qualifying and the back row of the grid. By the time I got into the sport though, they were always the slowest.

Driver Selection - 7.5
Pretty good. They uncovered some talent (Fisi, Alonso, Webber) whilst generating the cash from pay-drivers to keep them going for an impressive lifespan.

Strategy Making - 2.5
Never anything to note.

Entertainment Value - 8.5
Fittipaldi's crash into Martini in the relatively early days set the tone. Got a little more boring in the Stoddart days in terms of on-track antics, but Stoddart was entertaining off of it!

Personal Sympathy - 10.0
You always knew it was a special race if Minardi scored a point.
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Minardi

Raw Pace - 2.5
In the years I've followed F1, Minardi were never off the back few rows. Some people think the new teams are too slow this season but it was a regular occurance to see Minardi multiple seconds off the pace.

Driver Selection - 7.0
Whereas most smaller teams would go for multiple pay drivers Minardi seemed to have a policy of a pay driver and a young starlet in its pairing. This didn't always work out but when it did it was mightly impressive.

Strategy Making - 3.0
Minardi's strategy at 90% of their races was "Make it to the finish".

Entertainment Value - 6.5
Always good to watch in the years they could fight for something but terribly boring in the other years.

Personal Sympathy - 10.0
I've always loved the underdogs. Minardi were the staple underdog for many years so naturally I loved them.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Minardi

Raw Pace - 3
Didn't really have the budget to produce a fast car

Driver Selection - 9.5
Minardi was a starting spot for many drivers including Alonso, Webber, Fisichella and Trulli just to name a few. Many rejects drove for Minardi in their time in F1, including the greatest of them all, HWNSNBM.

Strategy Making - 5
When you're at the back of the field, there isn't much to lose. A relatively unknown fact is that Jos Verstappen could have won the 2003 Brazilian GP if he hadn't crashed as he was on the same strategy as eventual winner Fisichella and was ahead of him on the track.

Entertainment Value - 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (just round it down to 10)
How can a team with so many rejects not recieve a high rating for entertainment value. A race where Minardi scored points had to be either a good race or a chaotic race.

Personal Sympathy - 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (just round it down to 10)
Just read the username.
This is a cool spot.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Minardi

Raw Pace - 5.0 - Not as bad as the reject teams but the results didn't show that. Although they finished 7th in 1991, which means they beat Dallara, Leyton House, Lotus, Brabham, AGS, Lambo, Ligier, Larrousse, Fondmental, Footwork and Coloni.

Driver Selection - 8.0 - Actually a pretty good driver choice - Alonso, Martini, Fisichella, Trulli, Webber, Fittipaldi, Moreno, Verstappen, Nannini and De Cesaris. However, Lavaggi prevented this from being higher.

Strategy Making - 5.0 - When you're the perennial backmarkers of Formula 1 and are rooted to the back of the grid, strategy is not going to help you.

Entertainment Value - 10.0 - Luca Badoer, Alessandro Zanardi, Roberto Moreno and HWNSNBM, nuff said.

Personal Sympathy - 10.0 - How can anyone not have sympathy for the second most legendary team in Formula 1 history?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

MinardiFan95 wrote:A race where Minardi scored points had to be either a good race or a chaotic race.

One and the same.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Minardi Team Spa

Raw Pace: 4
Other than the late 80s/early 90s they were the perennial backmarkers of F1

As the testing ground for F1 drivers they gave many drivers their big breaks. Some weren't as good as others but overall Minardi made mostly good driver choices

Strategy: 5.5
Never really were competitive enough for long enough for me to make a judgement on this.

Entertainment Value: 8
When you have some of the most exciting new talent in F1 you're gonna get quite a few points here. Also Stoddart's one man vendetta against the FIA was hilarious :lol:

Personal Sympathy: 10
Everyone's second favourite team. How can you not like them?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Minardi Team Spa

Raw Pace: 7
the results disagree with me, but with the budget they have, they were stunningly fast, especially considering their prehistoric engines they usually had

Young talents (naninni, alonso, webber, fisichella, trulli) and the very decent pay-drivers (hwnsnbm!),and some career-ending drivers (verstappen,alboreto) sometimes they got it wrong (kiesa,bruni), but not that often.
Oh and martini of course!

Strategy: 6,5
when you're already lapped strategy isn't that important anymore, though they could have done better in the late eighties, early nineties. Although that might be more pirelli's fault.

Entertainment Value: 8
Drivers that give their best, sometimes overdrive.

Personal Sympathy: 10
If you don't love minardi with your heart and soul, get the hell out of this forum, really...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Jeroen Krautmeir

F1 REJECTS INOFFICIAL TEAM RATINGS

Overall
Jordan Grand Prix- 8,199
McLaren Racing- 7,812
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,417
Minardi F1 Team- 6,870
British American Racing- 4,787

Raw Pace
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,409
Jordan Grand Prix- 7,125
British American Racing- 5,833
Minardi F1 Team- 3,900

Driver Selection
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Jordan Grand Prix- 8,000
Minardi F1 Team- 7,800
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,772
British American Racing- 6,055

Strategy Making
McLaren Racing- 9,062
Jordan Grand Prix- 7,562
Stewart Grand Prix- 6,909
Minardi F1 Team- 4,500
British American Racing- 4,277

Entertainment Value
Jordan Grand Prix- 8,812
Minardi F1 Team- 8,500
McLaren Racing- 7,187
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,136
British American Racing- 5,944

Personal Sympathy
Minardi F1 Team- 9,650
Jordan Grand Prix- 9,500
Stewart Grand Prix- 7,863
McLaren Racing- 4,687
British American Racing- 1,777

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everybody loves Minardi! That's easy to say! Now, this team has been in F1 since the beginning. They've always used their own engines. Oh, and you just cannot not recognize the scarlet colour of their cars.. Yep, guys, you'll be rating;

*Scuderia Ferrari*

GOOOOOOOO!!!!

PS: As Klon noticed, I didn't do the Jordan overall points correctly. They have been fixed, and the guys in yellow lead the standings!

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Scuderia Ferrari

Raw Pace: 8
They are either on it or completely off it with almost nothing in between

Mostly good driver choices but some bad ones do stick out more than others (Hello Ivan Capelli)

Strategy: 6.5
If it wasn't for Ross Brawn they would be even lower here. More often that not clueless compared to most teams.

Entertainment Value: 7
Their usually agressive drivers are entertaining on the track (Alesi and to an extent Alonso, Massa and even Raikkonen come to mind) and their publicocrap is entertaining even though it's usually uncalled for.

Personal Sympathy: 3.5
Their Dartanian reign on F1 during the first half of the previous decade was boring as hell and their publicocrap over the past few years really costs them some points here. They also lose some points here on their driver policy (Even if McLaren might be a 1.5 car team atleast they give both their drivers a fair shot at the crown).
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 09 Jul 2010, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Raw Pace - 9.0
Well, in terms of speed, they are really among the best. Even during their title-drought of the 80ies and 90ies they were among the top 3 cars with very rare exceptions.

Driver Selection - 8.5
Buying great names is a good game of them, although they sometimes hurt themselves with their new 1-2 driver system.

Strategy Making - 4.0
When they don't have Brawn at hand, they blow at this but with Brawn they were so intelligent that it (almost) equals the score.

Entertainment Value - 7.0
Hmm ... while they certainly draw attention and can divide like nothing else, it's not the most entertaining team ever.

Personal Sympathy - 1.0
A bunch of arrogant idiots, truly insufferable. Could leave F1 and I won't mind at all.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Scuderia Ferrari

Raw Pace: 8.5
Rarely outside the top 3 teams, and with Schumacher and Lauda were untouchable. Even with some of their worst cars, Villeneuve dragged them to victory.

Driver Choice: 8.5
Have had most of the best. Then again, most of the best drivers fall into their lap because they all want to drive for Ferrari at some point in their career.

Strategy: 7.5
Ross Brawn is a genius. Before that, it was chaos, and after that Dominicalli isn't quite in the same league.

Entertainment Value: 5
Depended on the drivers. The Schumacher era was as dull as dishwater, but with Villeneuve, Mansell, Alesi etc. driving when they weren't the best team, that was entertaining.

Personal Sympathy: 5
Again, mixed. The old, romantic Ferrari under Enzo Ferrari has been lost to the loveless, arrogant Luca di Montezemolo era.
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Raw Pace - 9.0
In all the time I've watched F1 Ferrari have been competitive. Sure they sucked in the past but they more than made up for that in the Schumacher era.

Driver Selection - 6.5
They arent really very great here. They've made some good decisions in the past but their general strategy is to sign a champion and hope he can do it again for them. Their lack of a young driver program meant last season they panicked once Massa got injured and didn't know who to replace him with.

Strategy Making - 4.5
As others have said, without Brawn their strategy generally sucks.

Entertainment Value - 3.0
They've been more entertaining in recent years but 2000-2004 was very tedious with their dominance.

Personal Sympathy - 0.0
Nope, don't have any for them.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Scuderia Ferrari

Raw Pace: 9.5 - They aren't the most succesful Formula One team of all time for nothing, aren't they.

Driver Selection: 7 - Ferrari usually pick good drivers, but there are a few exceptions (*cough* Ivan Capelli *cough*). Their tendency to favour the 1st driver also brings their score down in this area.

Strategy: 6 - Usually had poor strategy decisions until the Brawn/Schumacher era. Their strategic decisions are getting worse now Brawn has left (e.g. Singapore '08). I seem to remember watching something on an old Jeremy Clarkson video featuring some "well-oiled" Italian pitstops from the 1950's with a few pit lane fires in the Ferrari pit.

Entertainment Value: 1.5 - The years Ferrari struggled were interesting. The years Ferrari dominated were tediously boring.

Personal Sympathy: 2.5 - The word Ferrari used to evoke feelings of soul and passion. Now the only way passion and soul can be associated with Ferrari is in advertisements. The Ferrari World themepark in Abu Dhabi is an example of this. The score would be much, much lower if Luca Badoer was not their tester or did not race for them for two races last year
This is a cool spot.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Raw Pace - 9.0
Almost always at the top, almost always won races.

Driver Selection - 8.5
Except some weird choices, they got many great drivers, and most of them turned into legends of the sport.

Strategy Making - 6.5
The Brawn era brought some light over a previously disorganised, latin team

Entertainment Value - 9.0
Always on the spot, and they always generate things to talk about :))

Personal Sympathy - 9.0
Who wouldn´t want to drive a Ferrari?
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Raw pace: 9.5: They're always fast.

Driver selection: 8.0: They're not a lock for a great selection, but they usually do quite well in the department.

Strategy: 7.0: Not great but good; usually rely upon pace to make up for it.

Entertainment Value: 8.0: It's still a bright red Ferrari, but the team has gotten a little corporate in old age.

Personal Sympathy: 10.0: As someone once said, it's not Formula One without Ferrari.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Ferrari

Raw Pace: 9.0 - They've always gone blindingly quick when they get the car right. A point off anyway because when they get it wrong, its gone so wrong that only a guy like Gilles can get a result on a blockers' track (Jarama, Monte Carlo).

Driver Selection: 9.0 - When (almost) everybody and their monkey wants to drive for you, its not really hard to pick the best of the best. I'll dock a point since they didn't have to work hard to get a good driver like Osella would have.

Strategy: 5.5 - As MinardiFan95 wrote, for a long time Ferrari couldn't do anything right in the pits. Their strategies weren't exactly the best in the refueling eras until the Brawn/Todt alliance turned them around into a model team for pitwork and strategy.

Entertainment Value: 8.5 - When they won incessantly, it was sheer boredom. When Ferrari got it wrong, the pitstops were laughable. You could always count on a series of backstage dramas and driver shuffling to no end.

Personal Sympathy: 0.5 - Half a point for the tifosi's antics. Otherwise, I've lost all sympathy for the team after the Spygate saga where Max went to no ends to put the blame at McLaren's feet even though Nigel Stepney was just as responsible for the whole mess. The incessant whining from Montezuma before, during, and after that adds more fuel to the fire. Even outside of Spygate, Ferrari insist on tossing the toys from the pram instead of getting their act together. Even when they win they need the FIA to help them along.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Jeroen Krautmeir

bump

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

thehemogoblin wrote:As someone once said, it's not Formula One without Ferrari.

Very true, same can be said about Mclaren and Williams and to some extent, Renault.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

(1-week bump!)
Ferrari
Raw Pace: 9.5 Usually great pace, losing half a point thanks to 1992 and 2005.
Driver Selection: 8 Except for a few flame outs (Capelli, Fisi), they normally made the best driver selections. However, they seem to go for proven, tested and tried drivers instead of taking a chance on some young tester or GP2 driver (eg. Mansell, Prost, Irvine, etc.)
Strategy: 7 Ross Brawn will get most of the credit here. Ferrari's early strategy, especially during the 90s, was odd and Ross Brawn was the saving grace for them during the 2000s.
Entertainment Value: 8.5 Always entertaining because of the drama, the politics and the half-mad rants Luca Di Montezemelo makes.
Personal Sympathy: 5 I often root against Ferrari, going for there opposition as much as possible, but they have earned a grudging respect that occasionally bursts into support, especially when the man with the 3 letter code of BAD was driving.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

One month bump.

Raw Pace - 9.0
There or thereabouts for most of the last 60 years. Have had a few more off colour seasons than McLaren though, I think.

Driver Choice - 9.5
Always picked good drivers, only a few screw ups. Crucially, as well as pulling top men like Prost, Schumacher, Mansell, Raikkonen etc. they've pulled a few relative unknowns like Villeneuve, whilst people like Massa and Irvine matured from rough mid gridders to championship challengers whilst at Scuderia.

Strategy - 7.5
I remember most of the Brawn era, so I have to give them a good score.

Enterainment Value - 7
Someone at Scuderia, be it Alonso, Schumacher, Todt, di Montemelezolosklgnasklgnlkasn (I can't spell his name) whomever is usually good for a bit of pot-stirring.

Personal Sympathy - 7
Divisive bunch, no doubt. But F1 doesn't seem "right" with Ferrari not performing.