Grosjean back for Reanult...and thrashing everyone

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

Grosjean back for Reanult...and thrashing everyone

Post by DemocalypseNow »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84818

It may only be Auto GP, but it's for the Reanult Junior squad (I think, he's driving for DAMS who runs the Renault GP2 program, yet Charouz-Gravity are the one decked out in bumble bee livery?! :roll:) . While Matech Ford team-mate Gachnang was last and way off the pace, Grosjean thoroughly trounced everyone in quali.

Maybe the new Renault management hasn't given up on him quite yet...? Could he be angling for mid-season replacement of Petrov if his form drops way off? Maybe this is what he meant when he said he'd be back for Spa... :?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Re: Grosjean back for Reanult...and thrashing everyone

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84818

It may only be Auto GP, but it's for the Reanult Junior squad (I think, he's driving for DAMS who runs the Renault GP2 program, yet Charouz-Gravity are the one decked out in bumble bee livery?! :roll:) . While Matech Ford team-mate Gachnang was last and way off the pace, Grosjean thoroughly trounced everyone in quali.

Maybe the new Renault management hasn't given up on him quite yet...? Could he be angling for mid-season replacement of Petrov if his form drops way off? Maybe this is what he meant when he said he'd be back for Spa... :?

Oh, you reckon Renault's choices are between Grosjean and Petrov? How quaint. How about running only one car?

I thought Natasha Gachnang had recently broken a leg, in the same day the wheels came off cousin Buemi's car. If she is racing, she's probably tough as nails.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Oh, you reckon Renault's choices are between Grosjean and Petrov? How quaint. How about running only one car?

I thought Natasha Gachnang had recently broken a leg, in the same day the wheels came off cousin Buemi's car. If she is racing, she's probably tough as nails.

She was driving at Le Mans and hobbling badly when she exited her Ford on the Mulsanne. According to Andrew Marriott, she was getting around on crutches in the paddock. Her times suggest that she's still suffering from the injury because she isn't that bad and I believe she has experience in the A1GP version of Auto GP's car.

She is what Danica Patrick supposedly was. Plus, as you say, she's going to carry on racing despite injuries.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
mario

Post by mario »

RejectSteve wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Oh, you reckon Renault's choices are between Grosjean and Petrov? How quaint. How about running only one car?

She was driving at Le Mans and hobbling badly when she exited her Ford on the Mulsanne. According to Andrew Marriott, she was getting around on crutches in the paddock. Her times suggest that she's still suffering from the injury because she isn't that bad and I believe she has experience in the A1GP version of Auto GP's car.

She is what Danica Patrick supposedly was. Plus, as you say, she's going to carry on racing despite injuries.

It's pretty impressive that she was able to drive competitively at Le Mans despite not being fully fit - and she has certainly bounced back with quite a bit of vigour.
As for Grosjean, well, he might get another go, but at the moment, I suspect that Renault are still fairly happy with Petrov. OK, Petrov hasn't always had the smoothest of races (and Canada was a bit of a shocker), but he has shown enough promise that he has earned the right to retain his seat, at least until the end of the season (besides, traditionally it has been Toro Rosso who have initiated the mid-season driver changes).
Perhaps, though, he might be hoping to get a place with one of the new teams? If he can bring a reasonably healthy amount of sponsorship, and someone is underperforming (like Di Grassi, say), he might be in with a chance.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

RejectSteve wrote:She was driving at Le Mans and hobbling badly when she exited her Ford on the Mulsanne. According to Andrew Marriott, she was getting around on crutches in the paddock. Her times suggest that she's still suffering from the injury because she isn't that bad and I believe she has experience in the A1GP version of Auto GP's car.

Very impressed. The last person I remember driving a high level formula car was a certain Mr M Webber, well-known fitness freak. I haven't quite followed her career (or Danica's, to be honest), but it would look like she's got the potential and the grit.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

She must have balls of steel.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

shinji wrote:She must have balls of steel.

She certainly has a pair of somethings made of steel... :o :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
McDuck

Post by McDuck »

RejectSteve wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:She is what Danica Patrick supposedly was.

Yup, talented and naturally pretty. I would like to get to know her better in a G-rated family friendly sort of way (i.e. breeding). :lol:

tokorode (aka "By the way" in Kobayashi-speak), It's funny how many people forget how bad Danica looked in her Spike TV Powerblock hosting days. A rabid flat-chested chipmunk with gout comes to mind. :lol:
The USA is three meals away from chaos.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I honestly hadn't had the curiosity of looking her up - you know, they're all grim men in fireproof overalls, even the women. But, let's be honest: she is very attractive.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

That pic sure looks like someone "went to a shop" ;)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Who needs ribs when you've got a set of two airbags with unconfirmed, but quite likely high silica content, to protect those vital organs? :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Waris

Post by Waris »

Lol @ everyone drooling all over Natacha Gachnang. If you take a picture of Adrian Sutil like that, I bet you lot would also find him attractive.

Oh well. She's way more awesome than Danica Patrick, at least.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I just realised there's a bit of Buemi there.

I just ruined her for everyone I think.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

shinji wrote:I just realised there's a bit of Buemi there.

I just ruined her for everyone I think.

Either that or you'll just push everybody over to her GT1 teammate Cyndie Allemann. Most importantly, she's no slouch behind the wheel either.

Yet, Grosjean has bigger hair than Allemann, Gachnang, or Patrick. A true Barbazza of the century.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RejectSteve wrote:Either that or you'll just push everybody over to her ex-GT1 teammate Cyndie Allemann.

Fixed. She was replaced by the much less feminine...Olivier Penis.

:o Ohhhhh you see what I did there...

Image Image
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

RejectSteve wrote:Yet, Grosjean has bigger hair than Allemann, Gachnang, or Patrick. A true Barbazza of the century.

It's nice to see that someone is keeping up my high standards! I've still got more F1 points though - ha ha ha ha!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Waris wrote:Lol @ everyone drooling all over Natacha Gachnang. If you take a picture of Adrian Sutil like that, I bet you lot would also find him attractive.

Meh. They all pale into insignificace compared to sometime Nissan off-road racer Madalena Antas...
Bernie needs to sort her out with a race drive somewhere next year. I'm predicting viewing figures going up several hundred percent as a result.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:
Waris wrote:Lol @ everyone drooling all over Natacha Gachnang. If you take a picture of Adrian Sutil like that, I bet you lot would also find him attractive.

Meh. They all pale into insignificace compared to sometime Nissan off-road racer Madalena Antas...
Bernie needs to sort her out with a race drive somewhere next year. I'm predicting viewing figures going up several hundred percent as a result.

Oh my. I'd go off-road with her, that's for sure.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Barbazza wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:Yet, Grosjean has bigger hair than Allemann, Gachnang, or Patrick. A true Barbazza of the century.

It's nice to see that someone is keeping up my high standards! I've still got more F1 points though - ha ha ha ha!

And that's why Barbazza should be in F1 before Gggrrrrrjjjnnnnn ever gets a look.

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Oh my. I'd go off-road with her, that's for sure.

Portuguese, although doesn't look like it. She's a model, if I recall correctly, and does some off-roading in her spare time. No luck there.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Portuguese, although doesn't look like it. She's a model, if I recall correctly, and does some off-roading in her spare time. No luck there.

There is always Debora Rodrigues, a driver in Brazil's Formula Truck, who competes against none other than the Argentine legend Gaston Mazzacane!
As I understand it, she's been photographed for gentlemen's literature at some point of her career.