Vijay Mallya arrested in London

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: Vijay Mallya arrested in London

Post by dr-baker »

Also on Autosport. What's a mere £900 million between friends, eh?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

How wonderfully rejectful. I can only hope the FIA tosses them Andrea Moda-style.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:How wonderfully rejectful. I can only hope the FIA tosses them Andrea Moda-style.

Yes because the one thing F1 absolutely needs is less cars, right?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:How wonderfully rejectful. I can only hope the FIA tosses them Andrea Moda-style.

I didn't think it was possible to miss a joke as badly as you did, but well done.
But I suppose you thought all the posts about Mclaren bringing back JDD for Monaco were serious too?

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:

I didn't think it was possible to miss a joke as badly as you did, but well done.
But I suppose you thought all the posts about Mclaren bringing back JDD for Monaco were serious too?

I'm not sure what I'm more astounded by - the fact that there was a joke hidden in that original post (I still can't see it, by the way - so you might want to work on your delivery there), or that you decided making a ridiculous nonsensical comparison was the correct way to admonish me for not getting it. But I think we've successfully derailed this topic enough so I'll leave it there.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Is he even allowed near any of his assets anymore?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:I'm not sure what I'm more astounded by - the fact that there was a joke hidden in that original post (I still can't see it, by the way - so you might want to work on your delivery there), or that you decided making a ridiculous nonsensical comparison was the correct way to admonish me for not getting it. But I think we've successfully derailed this topic enough so I'll leave it there.

Well the sarcasm was pretty thick on both posts, but t may be hard to pick up via text. But as you say, we have Amtraked this enough.

andrew wrote:Is he even allowed near any of his assets anymore?

I do remember reading when Kingfisher shut down he had many accounts and other assets frozen, but he's still running FI and they are moderately successful (4th in the WCC) so no money issues there. Plus he's quasi-living in London, and that ain't cheap.

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

This whole development surrounding Mallya reminds much more of former Leyton House-March boss Akira Akagi's arrest back in the day than it does Andrea Moda.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."