The 2016 avatar betting thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

The 2016 avatar betting thread

Post by FullMetalJack »

Now that the full driver lineup for 2016 is confirmed, I thought it'd be a good time to open up this season's betting thread.

Ataxia and I agreed to a bet between the two Red Bull drivers, him taking Kvyat whilst I back Ricciardo. I assume he's still up for this. The loser gets an avatar of the winners choice for 30 days, you all know the drill by now.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: The 2016 avatar betting thread

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Considering my poor history with these, it is probably unwise to enter this again, but I will anyway.

I predict Haryanto will finish ahead of Wehrlein in the end of season championship standings, anyone want to challenge me on this?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Due to the fact that I can't make my mind up about which McLaren-related bet I want to make, I'll bet that Gutierrez finishes ahead of Grosjean in the standings this year :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Considering my poor history with these, it is probably unwise to enter this again, but I will anyway.

I predict Haryanto will finish ahead of Wehrlein in the end of season championship standings, anyone want to challenge me on this?

Ah, go on then.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Rob Dylan wrote:Due to the fact that I can't make my mind up about which McLaren-related bet I want to make, I'll bet that Gutierrez finishes ahead of Grosjean in the standings this year :D

It's your funeral ;)
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I'm up for a bold one. Haas will finish higher than Lotus....errr Renualt in the WCC.

EDIT: Also Rob, mate I don't know whats standard length for these for these bets, but you have served your time. Unless you like pain. :D
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I genuinely only remembered earlier today that I hadn't changed my avatar back :facepalm: I guess a few more hours won't hurt.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wallio wrote:EDIT: Also Rob, mate I don't know whats standard length for these for these bets, but you have served your time. Unless you like pain. :D

I think that it's typically 30 days.

So far, I have only done one of these Avatar challenges, with a hint of success. With the anticipation of reducing that 100% success to 50%, I think I am prepared to bet that Williams might possibly win a race this year?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Okay here is mine- How long before Horner starts to complain about the Renault Sorry Tag Heuer engines in the Red Bulls. I'm betting about march/April.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

rachel1990 wrote:Okay here is mine- How long before Horner starts to complain about the Renault Sorry Tag Heuer engines in the Red Bulls. I'm betting about march/April.

I don't know how much complaining was done in this article but I think he did complain about the Renault/Tag Heuer engines a bit. http://www.racer.com/f1/item/126192-tor ... ull-horner
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Rob Dylan wrote:I genuinely only remembered earlier today that I hadn't changed my avatar back :facepalm: I guess a few more hours won't hurt.

I was worried we had agreed to some inordinately long time and I had forgotten. I saw it and thought "The man has done his time!" :D
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
RonDenisDeletraz

tommykl wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Considering my poor history with these, it is probably unwise to enter this again, but I will anyway.

Ah, go on then.

Deal, challenge on
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Raikkonen will have more DNFs than Ericsson.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:
Wallio wrote:EDIT: Also Rob, mate I don't know whats standard length for these for these bets, but you have served your time. Unless you like pain. :D

I think that it's typically 30 days.

So far, I have only done one of these Avatar challenges, with a hint of success. With the anticipation of reducing that 100% success to 50%, I think I am prepared to bet that Williams might possibly win a race this year?

Having been burned badly in my last avatar challenge (thanks Adrian_Belmonte, you assclown :x :P ), it's probably a bad idea to do another one. But sod it, you're on. :deletraz:

I have a good idea for a punishment avatar should I win, Baker. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
dr-baker wrote:So far, I have only done one of these Avatar challenges, with a hint of success. With the anticipation of reducing that 100% success to 50%, I think I am prepared to bet that Williams might possibly win a race this year?

Having been burned badly in my last avatar challenge (thanks Adrian_Belmonte, you assclown :x :P ), it's probably a bad idea to do another one. But sod it, you're on. :deletraz:

I have a good idea for a punishment avatar should I win, Baker. ;)

Hmmm, you've got me intrigued!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Avatar has been changed to generic photo until i lose another bet and change it to something interesting.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Yet another victim has been added to my undefeated streak at Kimihatermania.

East Londoner is the fourth one to challenge my supreme knowledge of Kimi Räikkönen's ineptitude and he is the fourth to fall.

BEHOLD!
His punishment:
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Also, I feel it should be made official that I have already made an avatar bet with Klon that Kimi will finish ahead of Sebastian in the standings next year.

Hehe
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I predict Haryanto will finish ahead of Wehrlein in the end of season championship standings

Nailed it!
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
RonDenisDeletraz

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I predict Haryanto will finish ahead of Wehrlein in the end of season championship standings

Nailed it!

Ahh bollocks, do I get my new avatar now or at the end of the season I wonder?

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

Nailed it!

Ahh bollocks, do I get my new avatar now or at the end of the season I wonder?

I guess there's always the chance of Rio coming back later on, so I'd rather wait for the end of the season rather than jinx it...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:So far, I have only done one of these Avatar challenges, with a hint of success. With the anticipation of reducing that 100% success to 50%, I think I am prepared to bet that Williams might possibly win a race this year?

Well, I believe the standings show Williams did not win a race all season, so enjoy your new avatar for the next 30 days. :dance:

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:

Well, I believe the standings show Williams did not win a race all season, so enjoy your new avatar for the next 30 days. :dance:

Could have been worse I guess. Could have been this. Until Boxing Day then?
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Simtek wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:Due to the fact that I can't make my mind up about which McLaren-related bet I want to make, I'll bet that Gutierrez finishes ahead of Grosjean in the standings this year :D

It's your funeral ;)

Reject betting of the year confirmed.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Dj_bereta wrote:
Simtek wrote:

It's your funeral ;)

Reject betting of the year confirmed.

It was a close-run thing, though, all the way to the end :P
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dr-baker wrote:Could have been worse I guess. Could have been this. Until Boxing Day then?

Thank you, you've done me a real solid here. Disturbing, and Red Bull related.

Ataxia, your avatar awaits. I'll send you a cropped version if you like.

Last edited by FullMetalJack on 28 Nov 2016, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

'Salright mate, I've sorted it myself. Just wanna say I'm proud to have supported Dany through his trials and tribulations this year, it's been a rough ride for the dude.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

tommykl wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Ahh bollocks, do I get my new avatar now or at the end of the season I wonder?

I guess there's always the chance of Rio coming back later on, so I'd rather wait for the end of the season rather than jinx it...

So, what is my new avatar?