ROTR - Japan

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

ROTR - Japan

Post by Londoner »

1. McLaren - Of all the places to have a howler, they chose Honda's home turf. Especially odd given their improved form this year.

2. Esteban Gutierrez - Started 10th, finished 20th. Seriously Haas, just cut him loose at the end of the season already.

Honourable mentions to Carlos Sainz Jr for a very scruffy race, and Jamie Whincup for throwing away yet another Bathurst 1000. :pantano:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aguaman

Re: ROTR - Japan

Post by Aguaman »

10. Lewis Hamilton - A bit Mark Webberish with his starts. Could cost him the title.

6. Esteban Gutierrez - Starting from 10th and ended up 20th.

HM - Johnny Herbert - "Lewis was just unlucky because of a damp patch"
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - McLaren: Malaysia heroes to Japan zeroes. Another shameful performance in home soil.

2 - Sainz: Verstappen was aggressive. Sainz was way more. He almost crashed with Gutierrez and Massa. Tried too hard to defend his position and just only burned his tyres. No wonder he finished way behind Kvyat.

Mentions for:

Gutierrez: Another dreadful performance. Although he can partially blame Sainz for that.

Vettel: Honestly, stop complaining.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Whining about backmarkers: Almost every team radio message was this, with Vettel contributing at least four such messages.
2. Esteban Gutiérrez: Awful once again. The Reject of the Year award might be the only thing he will get this year...
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. McLaren-Honda - For bathplugs sake. Of all the races you could've flat out sucked at, you chose THIS ONE?!

2. Esteban Gutierrez - Gene (or whoever does the driver contract nonsense), why the hell didn't you sign Charles Leclerc (or Vergne, or somebody actually worth a damn) for next year? You're not seriously considering keeping this guy, are you?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. McLaren - Even the chassis didn't save him. The car did not handle well at all.
2. Esteban Gutierrez - I try to like you Guti... I try. But this doesn't cut it.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
mario

Post by mario »

lance_rambert wrote:2. Esteban Gutierrez - Gene (or whoever does the driver contract nonsense), why the hell didn't you sign Charles Leclerc (or Vergne, or somebody actually worth a damn) for next year? You're not seriously considering keeping this guy, are you?

I believe that it would be Steiner who would be the one responsible for driver signings.

The thing is, whilst Gutierrez said earlier this year that he would be on the grid for 2017, he was rather evasive when asked if he would drive for Haas - equally, for what it is worth, Steiner also stated that they hadn't signed a contract extension with Gutierrez. Mind you, if the old saying that "money talks" is true, the pay packet that Gutierrez can bring to the team is going to be arguing in his favour
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Lewis Hamilton - For his conduct as well as his start.

McLaren-Honda - Good PR lads, really good.

HM - Esteban Gutierrez (he dropped how many places?), Stefan GP (no reason, just wanted to mention them)
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Lewis Hamilton - It's not disrespectful for him to spend a press conference drawing bunny ears on people in snapchat, but it is disrespectful for the media to do little more than point out that he did it? I'll admit that I don't go scouring the web for F1 opinions these days, but anything I saw in the media was mildly critical of him at best. Then he has another bad start. Spoiler alert, Lewis, those are costing you the title, not Mercedes sabotaging your engines.

Esteban Guttierez - I was racing a guy in an online league who had a race like that and it turned out his pedals weren't calibrated correctly and he was dragging the brake for half the race.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. McLaren
2. Gutierrez
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. McLaren
2. Esteban Gutierrez
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. McHonda: proved useless all weekend, only marginally better than 2015. At least Alonso kept quiet to save Ron any more embarrassment.

2. Lewis Hamilton : the whole press conference thing was immature and petulant, then he decides to prove once and for all that he doesn't fully care about racing by screwing up the start.

DHM:
Haas (especially GUT) : wasted a good points opportunity.
Carlos Sainz Jr.: overdrove and seemed off the pace. Is Red Bull putting pressure on him so he doesn't get replaced by Gasly, I wonder?
Moaning (about backmarkers mostly) : I know its ironic, but it does get annoying when they're clearly out the way.
Wehrlein: way off the pace of his teammate
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Miguel98 wrote:1. McLaren - Even the chassis didn't save them. The car did not handle well at all.
2. Esteban Gutierrez - I try to like you Guti... I try. But this doesn't cut it.

Same; emphasis mine.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - Hamilton - For the bad start only. It's all well and good kicking off when the team let's you down engine-wise but when you flub the start at the very next race....
2 - People moaning about Hamilton in the press conference. Get a grip. Those press conferences have always been an exercise in boredom, press conferences after a feisty race weekend may produce something of interest but at that end of the race meeting nobody has anything to say. Unless some hack manages to provoke something from a previous race from a still-bitter driver.
Just For One Day...
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Lewis Hamilton: Bad start at a time when he can least afford it.

2) Esteban Gutierrez: Not an impressive showing after a half-decent qualifying session.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

1. McLaren - Dreadfully slow, moreso in person.

2. GUT - Ditto. Threw away a good qualifying result.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Guess enough time has passed for the results to be tallied up...

Reject of the Race: McLaren-Honda - 92

Esteban Gutierrez - 70
Lewis Hamilton - 60
Drivers whinging about backmarkers - 10
Carlos Sainz, Jr. - 6
People whinging about Hamilton's press conference conduct - 6