Grand Prix Rejects 2015-16 Off-season Rolling Trivia Quiz!

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Grand Prix Rejects 2015-16 Off-season Rolling Trivia Qui

Post by yannicksamlad »

So a quick question; name the team from the following key words-
Pastamatic, Sal Cisne, Caloi...

More clues will be available at intervals
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Forti?
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

ATS (Italian one)?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Andrea Moda?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Rebaque?
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

Spirit?
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

That was an interesting question!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Those last two sound vaguely Portuguese, so I'll guess Fittipaldi?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Something tells me these are companies we've never heard of who might have been part of a certain crowdfunding effort, rather than a classic reject team of old.

Caterham!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

These are indeed Brazilian companies.

I would say Forti (but novitopoli already mentioned it), so I'll say: Sauber.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My guess will be Brawn...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

tommykl wrote:Those last two sound vaguely Portuguese, so I'll guess Fittipaldi?

tommykl wins - it was indeed Fittipaldi - from the collection of sponsors they had after Skol and , of course Copersucar.

Sme terrific guesses too - homed in on the era pretty well . Thanks ..over to tommykl.
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Looks like Tommy's AWOL again :P

Which team manager's occupation was listed as 'gentleman' in his passport?
#FreeGonzo
MorbidelliObese

Rob Walker
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
Bobby Doorknobs

MorbidelliObese wrote:Rob Walker

And that is correct!
#FreeGonzo
MorbidelliObese

What was unusual about Tyrrell's entries for the 1985 German Grand Prix, and what was the reason for it?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

MorbidelliObese wrote:What was unusual about Tyrrell's entries for the 1985 German Grand Prix, and what was the reason for it?

Two cars with different engines because the team had only one turbo engine at the time?
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
MorbidelliObese

novitopoli wrote:
MorbidelliObese wrote:What was unusual about Tyrrell's entries for the 1985 German Grand Prix, and what was the reason for it?

Two cars with different engines because the team had only one turbo engine at the time?

You're on the right track but this isn't the exact thing I was looking for, as Tyrrell also were running the different cars in the previous race at Silverstone, Brabham had done likewise on occasion in 1982 and Lotus in 1983 among others.

However I should add, that while the German race was the first instance of this, it also continued into the following race in Austria.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

This is the one where the drivers changed numbers so that the numbers stayed with the cars that had the corresponding engine - #3 with the Renault and #4 with the Cosworth, so it was Brundle in the #3 Tyrrell-Renault and Bellof in the #4 Tyrrell-Cosworth for France and Britain, then Bellof in the #3 Tyrrell-Renault and Brundle in the #4 Tyrrell-Cosworth for Germany and Austria.

You'd think Tyrrell, of all teams, would be a bit cautious about working around the regulations given what had happened to them in 1984, but clearly Ken didn't roll that way...
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
MorbidelliObese

This is correct! I can only assume the regulation came in post-1982 after Piquet and Patrese had swapped between the BMW and Cosworth-powered Brabhams freely, but to get around it he essentially swapped the numbers on the cars as I think it related to the entry rather than the driver sat in it.

According to James Hunt and Tony Jardine (standing in for Murray that day), Ken had OK'd it with FISA beforehand, so he was at least playing it safe :D
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, looks like I get to ask something now. Chew on this, though I have no idea if it's easy or hard...

Which two British Touring/Saloon Car Championship circuits (that I know of) have also held a charity roller skating race this century?

In the event that there's more than two answers, I'll award the points to whoever gets the two I'm looking for.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, looks like I get to ask something now. Chew on this, though I have no idea if it's easy or hard...

Which two British Touring/Saloon Car Championship circuits (that I know of) have also held a charity roller skating race this century?

In the event that there's more than two answers, I'll award the points to whoever gets the two I'm looking for.

It sounds like the kind of thing that might happen at the MSV tracks, so I'm going to guess Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park.
MCard LOLA
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, looks like I get to ask something now. Chew on this, though I have no idea if it's easy or hard...

Oulton Park and Snetterton?
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Goodwood hosted an annual roller skating event not sure if it still does and hosted early btcc races the other track guess at Brands Hatch
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Taking a gamble, but Crystal Palace and Thruxton?
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

One of the tracks has been identified so far. Good luck with the other one!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:One of the tracks has been identified so far. Good luck with the other one!

Ahh, but you haven't said which one!

So I'll say the other track yet to be identified is possibly Rockingham?
MCard LOLA
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

dinizintheoven wrote:One of the tracks has been identified so far. Good luck with the other one!

Knockhill?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Donington Park?

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Silverstone?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Mondello?
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Bobby Doorknobs

Just under an hour left for this one...
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

Right, the deadline passed 14 hours ago. I need dinizintheoven to confirm the other correct answer and whether or not anyone got it. As for the first one, I believe the answer is Goodwood, which Peteroli got. I do not know what the other circuit is, so I'm giving dinizintheoven until 8:33 pm on Sunday to give confirmation. If he does not confirm anything by that time then the full point will be given to Peteroli.
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

That's what I get for taking a day off the internet!

The easy one was Goodwood, which hosted the Goodwood Roller Marathon between 2001 and 2011. However, when that stopped abruptly, a bunch of Scots decided to hold The Great Scottish Skate in 2012... at Ingliston. This isn't listed as a BTCC circuit on the bottom of the main Wikipedia page that's supposed to list them all, but if you look in the pages for the three BSCC seasons from 1973 to 1975, Ingliston was included in those years. Tom Walkinshaw won the class B and C races there in 1974, for a hint of GPR credibility - though how the circuit coped with the huge Yank-tanks that were contesting class D at the time is anyone's guess.

I've seen a few pictures from The Great Scottish Skate, and it was raining. Welcome tae Scotland ye wee scunners.
Bobby Doorknobs

dinizintheoven wrote:That's what I get for taking a day off the internet!

The easy one was Goodwood, which hosted the Goodwood Roller Marathon between 2001 and 2011. However, when that stopped abruptly, a bunch of Scots decided to hold The Great Scottish Skate in 2012... at Ingliston. This isn't listed as a BTCC circuit on the bottom of the main Wikipedia page that's supposed to list them all, but if you look in the pages for the three BSCC seasons from 1973 to 1975, Ingliston was included in those years. Tom Walkinshaw won the class B and C races there in 1974, for a hint of GPR credibility - though how the circuit coped with the huge Yank-tanks that were contesting class D at the time is anyone's guess.

I've seen a few pictures from The Great Scottish Skate, and it was raining. Welcome tae Scotland ye wee scunners.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

And so that does indeed mean that Peteroli asks the next question.
#FreeGonzo
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

What did Patrick Depellier have written as a clause in his contract with Tyrrell?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

peteroli34 wrote:What did Patrick Depellier have written as a clause in his contract with Tyrrell?

He couldn't have a team-mate that was faster than him?

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

peteroli34 wrote:What did Patrick Depellier have written as a clause in his contract with Tyrrell?

Free cigarettes?

Or more seriously, total freedom to do anything he wanted away from race weekends?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I change my answer to: Depailler couldn't do anything dangerous outside racing weekends.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Miguel98 wrote:I change my answer to: Depailler couldn't do anything dangerous outside racing weekends.

Yeah i will have to give you that according to Tyrell himself "I gave Patrick his first F1 drive, at Clermont-Ferrand in 1972, and then offered him a third car for the North American races in 73. A big chance for him — and ten days before he breaks his leg falling off a motorbike! Later, when he was driving full-time for me, I had it written into his contract that he kept away from dangerous toys"