Reject of the Race - Japan

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bobby Doorknobs

Reject of the Race - Japan

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

So yeah.

Gonna have to go with Red Bull's luck on this one. Really unfortunate for both cars not to score points. Also, a mention for Will Stevens for that spin.
#FreeGonzo
GerhardTalger

Re: Reject of the Race - Japan

Post by GerhardTalger »

Red Bull, definitely.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Will Stevens. Speeding in the pit lane and that spin.

Oh wait Sainz for hitting the marker.

I mean the race didn't really have much to offer to find a dead set RPOTR.
Last edited by Aguaman on 27 Sep 2015, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Red bull. Horrible race and finished behind a McLaren.

Special mention for Stevens and Sauber.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Maybe that podium press conference.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Carlos Sainz, for hitting that pit lane marker. That was just silly.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Red Bull - Kvyat had no brakes, and while Ricky was unlucky (Pirelli y make such easy cut tyres), they ran pnowhere the for the rest of the race.
Honda - Not McLaren. But Honda. We know how shite they would be. But Alonso and Button are tired of this bullshit. When you hear your #1 driver saying it's as good as a GP2 engine, you know you're bathplug. And are shite.
Felipe Massa - Dumb move, and ruined one race before we reached turn 1, and then ruined his own and Perez's into turn 1. Top lel.
Rosberg's start - Stop making bad starts.
Carlos Sainz - Destroys Max for one half of the race, and then decides crashing into the bollard is a good idea.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

The only one who did something both bad and unique, Carlos Sainz.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Red Bull - Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
Honda - It's not funny anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if Alonso ragequits early next year if this continues.

But ROTR has to go to:

Felipe Massa - What an utter assclown.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I would post my nomination for Reject Of The Race, but all you'll hear is static and the occasional spit and pop as the microphone tries and fails to connect with its receiver.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Traffic for giving way to the leaders. Fack blue flags
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Carlos Sainz certainly deserves his mentions but me it's Pireli tires that go down to canvas after on lock up is not only rejectful, but dangerous!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Sainz is 1st but Johnny Herbert slagging off Fernando is getting up there.

Dude really hates Fernando. When Button makes comments, it is cute but when Fernando does it....
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Not much rejectfulness around IMO so it's the race coverage; far too many shots of empty tarmac.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Honda. This is getting embarrassing.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

dinizintheoven wrote:I would post my nomination for Reject Of The Race, but all you'll hear is static and the occasional spit and pop as the microphone tries and fails to connect with its receiver.

this
James1978

Post by James1978 »

The Sky commentary team - Crofty for saying it was Lewis' first ever win at Suzuka (last year anyone?), and Brundle is usually good at correcting errors (like he used to with Murray Walker) totally missing it too!

Apart from that, Massa, Sainz and the podium microphones are all in with a shout.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Nothing really awful this time so I give this to Carlos Sainz, as even if that front wing damage only ended up costing one place to his teammate (and he still scored point) it was still stupid mistake that should had been easily avoided.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I change my nominations to Niki Lauda for a report that they are baffled by lack of tv coverage. Why would one watch a car alone in the front doing no overtaking (except blue flags) instead of midpack battle?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

James1978 wrote:The Sky commentary team - Crofty for saying it was Lewis' first ever win at Suzuka (last year anyone?), and Brundle is usually good at correcting errors (like he used to with Murray Walker) totally missing it too!

Sky Italy said it too - whilst everyone would like to forget that race for reasons we sadly know, it's still a quite remarkable blunder given the amount of stats they have access to.

I'll go for Red Bull. Apart from Kvyat's rookie mistake in Q3, both drivers finished outside the points and got humiliated by the Toro Rossos.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Felipe Massa - ruined three races, including his own, in the space of one corner.
Carlos Sainz - as much as I like him, and as much as he was dominating Verstappen for most of the race, hitting a pitlane bollard is silly, and also for putting up no resistance whatsoever when Max came up to pass him.
David Croft - for claiming that Jenson Button was in a "Daniil Kvyat-Felipe Nasr sandwich". He seems to enjoy eating piece-of-bread-and-another-piece-of-bread sandwiches.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tommykl wrote:David Croft - for claiming that Jenson Button was in a "Daniil Kvyat-Felipe Nasr sandwich". He seems to enjoy eating piece-of-bread-and-another-piece-of-bread sandwiches.

I bet he would if Hamilton asked him to.
Everything's great.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Carlos Sainz Jr.: Maybe he thought that he was racing at NASCAR, and took the commitment cone...

2)Felipe Massa: Rookie mistake runied his race, as well Dale's and Checo's.

Dishonorable mentions to Honda (GP2 engine) and Red Bull (dissastrous weekend)
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Fernando Alonso - Yes, the engine sucks but we know that since Melbourne. However bitching about it in public on Honda's home turf is plain dumb. His political approach to holding the paddock hostage over the best seat available has bitten him in the ass and he can't do anything about it anymore. Sure, Button is equally downbeat but Alonso acts like a spoiled brat while allegedly getting paid the highest salary on the grid. Man up, cry baby!
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Vassago wrote:Fernando Alonso - Yes, the engine sucks but we know that since Melbourne. However bitching about it in public on Honda's home turf is plain dumb. His political approach to holding the paddock hostage over the best seat available has bitten him in the ass and he can't do anything about it anymore. Sure, Button is equally downbeat but Alonso acts like a spoiled brat while allegedly getting paid the highest salary on the grid. Man up, cry baby!

While I get what you are saying, I think the comment was completely justified. Of course it was political, but at the same time it showed how poor (in race context) the engine really is. It's one thing to be wound up by the Saubers; their cars might not be as good but they have Ferrari power, whilst it's another thing to be passed by the Toro Rossos, which utilize Renaults. Both Alonso and Button are tired of the team's lack of performance, and what used to be a top flight team became at best a midfield team.

So my ROTR goes to McLaren-Honda; yes they're crap and they've been the worst team all year (Manor gets a bye because of their situation), but at the same time it is embarrassing to have your drivers beaten soundly by their rivals.

Other ROTRs:
Red Bull: Actually did worse than McLaren; Kvyat with multiple mechanical issues whilst Riccardo got pinballed around at the start. And like the McLarens, they were beaten by the Toro Rossos.

Felipe Massa: Not the first time we've seen him do startline shenanigans here but it still isn't excusable.

The TV coverage: Not for not showing the Mercedes, but rather for the shots of empty tarmac and/or random parts of the track (like one of the service areas). Could've been way better.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dan B wrote:The TV coverage: Not for not showing the Mercedes, but rather for the shots of empty tarmac and/or random parts of the track (like one of the service areas). Could've been way better.

They also somehow managed to place the camera at turn 1 in a position where it entirely missed both the tussle at the start and Hamilton forcing Rosberg off.
Everything's great.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Red Bull: Hell, even Manor were giving them a run for their money.

2. Honda: I think GP2 engines are faster than them right now.

Dishonorable Mentions:

Massa: Hung around in the back for the whole race after his bad start.

Sainz Jr.: Threw away a very good result today over a pole.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
mario

Post by mario »

AxelP800 wrote:I change my nominations to Niki Lauda for a report that they are baffled by lack of tv coverage. Why would one watch a car alone in the front doing no overtaking (except blue flags) instead of midpack battle?

That's nothing to F1 Fanatic now trying to circulate a conspiracy theory that FOM were deliberately avoiding Mercedes as punishment for not giving Red Bull an engine deal - Keith, as ever, is demonstrating his ability to be a thundering arse.

I guess that Sainz Jr.'s clumsy pit lane incident is probably the silliest moment worth of a ROTR - whilst it is true that Massa was a bit ham fisted at the start, Ricciardo has admitted that he was probably a little over optimistic with his move and placed the car into a gap that was always going to narrow.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
MartinJS81

Post by MartinJS81 »

As for the cameras, what idiot decided to mount that fancy swivelling camera on the left of Perez's car, when all the overtakes are made on left-handers, meaning it missed most of the action it was there for.

The whole thing was pretty rejectful really, only enlivened by some great midfield jostling and the best 52.8 lpas of Nico's season. Glad I didn't get up at 5am for it.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Dan B wrote:So my ROTR goes to McLaren-Honda; yes they're crap and they've been the worst team all year (Manor gets a bye because of their situation), but at the same time it is embarrassing to have your drivers beaten soundly by their rivals.

Although the McLaren designed bit is actually quite good. They have plenty of traction in corners and off the line, and hardly any over or understeer. The thing that is costing them points is that pig of a Honda engine which runs out of ERS boost after 300 metres.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Red Bull - Kyvat Qualifying crash didnt help them nore did Ricciardo getting damage but the fact thay couldnt even move forward in the race is just woeful on a day where Mclaren looked faster then Red Bull
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

RedBull - A bit of a massive fail to finish THAT far down.

HM: Carlos Sainz - Because hitting the pitlane bollard is a good idea...
Felipe Massa - Usually one of the first to bitch and moan when someone hit's him, unusually quiet this time after his start crash...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Red Bull for their terrible race and non-points finish
2. Will Stevens for spinning right in front of Alexander Rossi
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Alonso - If you want to leave the team then simply Man Up and leave. Stage-managed radio messages aren't going to bring about any changes. The Honda engine is poor? We knew that.

Rosberg - This weekend has been his recent career in a microcosm; gets pole position and advantage when Hamilton is prevented from responding. Loses advantage right away due to Hamilton out-racing him.
Just For One Day...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CoopsII wrote:Rosberg - This weekend has been his recent career in a microcosm; gets pole position and advantage when Hamilton is prevented from responding. Loses advantage right away due to Hamilton out-racing him.

If you define "out-racing" as just plain forcing him off the road, sure...
Everything's great.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Salamander wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Rosberg - This weekend has been his recent career in a microcosm; gets pole position and advantage when Hamilton is prevented from responding. Loses advantage right away due to Hamilton out-racing him.

He'd got a wheel in front and then after that left it to Rosberg to decide what to do next. So basically "yes".
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
Salamander wrote:

He'd got a wheel in front and then after that left it to Rosberg to decide what to do next. So basically "yes".

Autosport is suggesting that Rosberg was slightly down on power at the start due to a hotter power unit. So....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA