2018 International Procar Championship (Kyalami Complete!)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Should the chassis system be changed?

Poll ended at 24 Oct 2015, 22:18

No, it's fine as it is.
36%
Yes, to the proposed system on page 9.
64%
Yes, but in a different way to the proposed system (please explain).
No votes

Total votes: 11

Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Illinois Underwa

Post by Salamander »

Alex Bautista wrote:I have just sent a letter of enquiry to the stewards about the Davies-Dinella near miss incident. Hopefully they'll be in touch with me soon.

Al Smith wrote:It was just a little tap. That happens on short ovals. It's not a big deal at all.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Illinois Complet

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Sprint Brands Hatch race has been run, completing the meeting - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
A-Class Standings
Teams' Standings
Manufacturers' Standings
European Trophy Standings

-----
I still need small upgrade plans from the following manufacturers

• Infiniti (Biscione)
  • Dacia (MinardiFan85)
  • Toyota (kevinbotz)
  • Alfa Romeo (Rated)
  • BMW (Wizzie)
  • Mazda (Ataxia)
  • Triumph (pasta_maldonado)
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Infiniti opts to aim for more engine roids.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BMW will go for a Consistency upgrade
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Toyota will invest in an engine upgrade.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mazda will invest in their aero package.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jack Christopherson wrote:I'm happy to bring Infiniti another podium finish, along with it being a nice result for myself. We were vying for the race win from the first lap to the last, it was an exciting battle from start to finish.

Unfortunately, the Subaru today was just too quick a car. I heard my team-mate for today McGovern complaining of how the privateer Subarus were swarming around him like bees! And with Remedios...I used every trick in my oval playbook, but the pull off the turns the Subaru had compared to my car was just too much. It was a good fight, but he put his car advantage to good use and won the day.

For now, it's back to the day job! But I'll be back for Lausitz and Calder Park, and hopefully at one of these tracks I can finally give Infiniti a race win this season.

Diego Mauricio Batistuta wrote:I can't f***ing believe it, that f***ing c***, he spun my f***ing car into the f***ing fence on f***ing purpose. The one f***ing day the car feels fast to drive, this f***ing t***. This Davo c*** is, I think they call it in Australia, a "Logan Bogan". He drives a Dacia Logan, and drives like a f***ing bogan.

Jans Zeither wrote:The doctor, he says I have a mild concussion after the accident, I was feeling a bit dizzy yes, and it was a big crash for sure. But luckily I am fine, it's just a couple of days and I'm back to normal again, and ready to race in Road America. We hope to be back near the front again next time. When you are like this, in the middle or at the back, it's so much traffic, it gets very hard to avoid an accident, even if you personally are the one driving well and others are stupid.

Image Image
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Artesia Mass wrote:

That ***th!" What a bloody idiot! I don't care if her excuse is that she's the championship leader, you don't endanger the lives of fellow drivers like that! The plan was simple in this kind of oval: stay out of trouble, wait for the others to bin it and charge at the end. I've already climbed to 5th position when I overtake Cessler. It was a by-the-book overtake, nothing to fuss. Then, the next lap, the bloody idiot tried to recover the position, went out of line, and took me out! Worst of all, race control didn't even sanctioned or made a warning to her! After the massive work from the people of Chevrolet today, it's just unfair that a stupid maneouver like that made all our effort for nothing!

Shin Ramirez wrote:

Well, it's official. My SS has been sistematically cluttered all races. Thankfully, the guys at the factory strenghtened the car, so even with all the punishment, I did reach the flag. The whole race was a mess, like the entire field was replaced with rookie ARCA drivers. Lots of yellows, no racing whatsoever, and then, there's the incident of Artessia and Sandra Cessler. With all due respect to IPC, she should be DQ or at least, given some kind of penalty.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sandra Cessler wrote:Yeah, I screwed up. I mean, like, the car was so great today, we had so much pace, but I could never get to the front, as soon as I got up close behind another car, it was just so tight I couldn't make any moves. Still, I should've handled it better, and the collision with Mass was just... so stupid. Completely my fault. That's all I can say.
Everything's great.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alexi Schnass wrote:Amazing job Tilkesson! I had a hunch that putting you in the seat would bring results. We knew the car was down on power, but you really took the fight to them! If it weren't for lap traffic we could've had the win, but we'll certainly take 3rd with open arms. Enjoy the celebrations, you've earned it!

Lasse Tilkesson wrote:Wohoo! 3rd place on the oval! I tell ya this race was terrifying! So many collisions and so many severe accidents! I'm surprised that no one sustained race-stopping injuries from that and I hope management will look to prevent more of these accidents at the next oval race.

The last quarter of the race was intense; Sorry for not speaking I was too busy concentrating. The car certainly felt down on power so I REALLY had to fight for a good line. Without the backmarkers taking up the inside I may have had a chance to take the win, but for now 3rd place is a great start!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Winning and getting a punishment for causing a collision... the more you see...
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

News that really isn't a shock, Ofato Galuvao will be driving for Kiwi Racing. This now means that Ilikimi Navakasuasua will slot back into the drivers seat for Pacific Racing.
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

HawkAussie wrote:News that really isn't a shock, Ofato Galuvao will be driving for Kiwi Racing. This now means that Ilikimi Navakasuasua will slot back into the drivers seat for Pacific Racing.

As I've already run the Round of Wisconsin, this will have to wait until the next weekend. Khaled al-Dizi will be the driver of the #24 at Wisconsin.
Everything's great.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team name: MK Scuderia
Team nationality: Great Britain
Car: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Driver 1 name: Travis Crabtree
Driver 1 number: 34
Driver 1 nationality: American
Driver 1 previous canon experience (if any): IPC A Class (2018) RTCC/ARST (2016-2017), RRC (2016), GTRWC NC Rounds (2016, 2017)
Livery design: http://s410.photobucket.com/user/pinkd5 ... y.png.html
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Europe Complete!

Post by Salamander »

The B-Class Road America race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
B-Class Standings

-----
I still need small upgrade plans from the following manufacturers - please note that the deadline for upgrades is before the Round of New York is complete:

• Infiniti (Biscione)
  • Dacia (MinardiFan95)
  • Alfa Romeo (Rated)
Everything's great.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Wisconsin Underw

Post by Rated »

Alfa Romeo will go for another engine upgrade.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Wisconsin Underw

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So, my intention for New York is to withdraw #78, and just run #77 for Infiniti All Stars, with Brendon Cassidy at the wheel.

In its place, if I can get away with it, will be the second Renzo coming back, #87 with Danilo di Longo (USA) at the wheel.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Pinkd56 wrote:Team name: MK Scuderia
Team nationality: Great Britain
Car: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Driver 1 name: Travis Crabtree
Driver 1 number: 34
Driver 1 nationality: American
Driver 1 previous canon experience (if any): IPC A Class (2018) RTCC/ARST (2016-2017), RRC (2016), GTRWC NC Rounds (2016, 2017)
Livery design: http://s410.photobucket.com/user/pinkd5 ... y.png.html

Did you specify which rounds Travis will be doing?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Road America race has been run, completing the meeting - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
A-Class Standings
Teams' Standings
Manufacturers' Standings
North American Trophy Standings

-----
I still need small upgrade plans from the following manufacturers - please note that the deadline for upgrades is before the Round of New York is complete:

• Dacia (MinardiFan95)
  • Alfa Romeo (Rated)

-----

I also need replacements for the following drivers in time for the next meeting:

• James Turner (Belsø Bilsport)
  • Kieth Remedios (Grundig Euromotor International)
  • Samson Medina-Marquez (Kiwi Racing)

I will be slowing down the rate at which I am running IPC from now on, as frankly it's burnt me out at this stage. I'll give each of you until Thursday 24th September 2015, so be sure to get those replacements in before then - if not, the IPC will appoint a replacement ourselves. I will also collate a list of entries tomorrow for the remaining races to see if any one-off spots are still available in B-Class.
Everything's great.
FantometteBR

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Wisconsin Comple

Post by FantometteBR »

Grundig Euromotor International will summon American Helena Bertinelli to replace Remedios at the next series meeting
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Salamander wrote:The A-Class Road America race has been run, completing the meeting - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
A-Class Standings
Teams' Standings
Manufacturers' Standings
European Trophy Standings

The highlights link is incorrect, as it leads to the round of Illinois instead of the round of Wisconsin.

And I believe you meant to post the North American Trophy standings instead of the European Trophy :(
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

José Pablo Mazzacane will take Turner's place at Watkins Glen.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll enter an B-Class entrant, because why not. After all, I need to give Tojo a drive now (seeing there's no canon JGTC/Super GT series yet):

Team name: Rosso Strada
Team nationality: Italy
Car: Alfa 155
Driver 1 name: Hiroto Tojo
Driver 1 number: 76
Driver 1 nationality: Japan
Driver 1 previous canon experience (if any): RoLFS/IFRC (won several races), F1RWRS 2017
Livery design: This, with additional sponsorship from Tamiya and Parmalat, plus Tojo's personal sponsors Konica Minolta and Raybrig, plus add this somewhere too.

We'll run this entry in Canada and Hong Kong :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Lasse Tilkesson wrote: We had a bit of a mixed day. Getting pole is always something great, but both me and car didn't feel 100% up to task to defend first. This was my first time racing in Road America, and against a bunch of veteran drivers I would give it my all but I'm not surprised that I couldn't hold onto first.

The car seemed a bit down on power too, but this is the team's first year with Honda so the first year is almost always a "get to know you" experience. Hopefully what we learned here today could be fixed through the next round of upgrades, though we still do a good job with what we have.

Nicolas Steele wrote:Jesus christ! So many people wrecking today. I thought I could be clean and avoid it, but not when they cut-across the track like that! I actually feel worried about the talent level of the people who can race in the series if none of them know to pull their cars off to the side! Tell me again why there is no full-course caution for the road courses....?

Vic Sunset wrote:Not cool you guys, taking me out on lap one! The race is not won at turn one and these kids need to know when to keep it cool and find a better time to pass.

I want to apologize to Rick Miller Racing for not bringing any results. Apparently Chelsie (Knight) got in an accident as well, so no points for us. It's great to be back in the saddle in America but we'll need to be more attentive of the field, especially in the opening laps where everyone wants to throw caution to the wind.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nicolas Steele wrote:Tell me again why there is no full-course caution for the road courses....?

Al Smith wrote:The corner marshals we have are more than sufficient at quickly clearing crashed cars and dealing with debris. A full-course caution serves absolutely no purpose, as the drivers on track are not at risk of crashing due to the aftermath of a crash, unless it happens right in front of them as we saw with the Boveri-Fabron incident, in which case a full-course caution would not have helped anything anyway.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This is the current state of B-Class fields at the remaining races, counting FMecha's new entry.

Rounds of New York: Watkins Glen International - June 22-24 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Round of Canada: Road Gatineau - June 29-July 1 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)

Rounds of South Africa: Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit - July 27-29 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 39)
Round of Finland: Karjala Raceway - August 10-12 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 41)
Round of Germany: EuroSpeedway Lausitz - August 24-26 2018 (Oval) (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Rounds of Paris: Paris Street Circuit - August 31-September 2 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 40)
Round of the Czech Republic: Brno Circuit - September 14-16 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Rounds of Hungary: Hungaroring - September 21-23 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)

Round of the Pacific: Calder Park Thunderdome - October 7th 2018 (Oval) (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Round of Japan: Kagoshima Speedway - October 19-21 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Rounds of Hong Kong: Clubman Stage Route 5 - October 26-28 2018 (Max Grid Size: 42 - B-Class Entries: 42)
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Infiniti All Stars is looking for exceptional candidates who are based in the Pacific region to compete in their #78 car for the Calder Park round. Oval experience would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.

Image Image
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Crabtree will enter the rounds at Canada, South Africa and Finland.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Pinkd56 wrote:Crabtree will enter the rounds at Canada, South Africa and Finland.

I already had you down as starting the rest of the season but okay...
Everything's great.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Salamander wrote:
Pinkd56 wrote:Crabtree will enter the rounds at Canada, South Africa and Finland.

In which case, I will enter him for the rest of the season. (I thought there was a race quota)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Eh, I'll enter Tojo in Japan too, since there's free spot there. :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Pinkd56 wrote:
Salamander wrote:

In which case, I will enter him for the rest of the season. (I thought there was a race quota)

Well, since Skoda Racing School dropped out, there was room for another full time entry.

FMecha wrote:Eh, I'll enter Tojo in Japan too, since there's free spot there. :)

Not any more, there isn't.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As Kiwi Racing has failed to nominate a replacement for Samson Medina-Marquez, Khaled al-Dizi will be racing the #22 at Watkins Glen instead.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (New York Underwa

Post by Salamander »

The B-Class Warkins Glen race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
B-Class Standings

-----
I still need small upgrade plans from the following manufacturer - please note that the deadline for upgrades is before the Round of New York is complete:

Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Marcos Marcia wrote:Ayyy, this Whiting moron is a ******* idiot, no? Driving in a straight line and he turns me into a solid ******* wall and breaks my ******* leg! He'd better not be on the grid next year if he doesn't want to crash out every race!
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Aron Kagström wrote:Vidal Reyna-Sanchez is a f****** idiot who shouldn't drive anything faster than a BobbyCar. He causes nothing but trouble on track, manages to collide even with his own brother and trundles around on track with a car already bent on all four corners due to his idiocy. And then he gets into the way of people fighting for race wins and the championship, and puts them into the wall. That moron ruined my weekend for nothing. He's got the spatial awareness of an earthworm and should never be let close to a racing car again. His driving today was not just amateurish but downright idiotic and dangerous.

*runs after Reyna-Sanchez trying to punch him

José Pablo Mazzacane wrote:It was a lot of fun to try one of these IPC cars. When Steffen called me because he needed a replacement driver, of course I didn't say no. I was surprised how fast I was competetive, and it was great to be able to fight at the front of the field and score a podium finish. It's a shame that Aron got taken out by that total amateur, because our cars go really well around this track. I'm now looking forward to the A-class races, hoping for another good result.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With Antonio Reyna-Sanchez having copped a ban for his antics, Danilo di Longo, who ran a measured race at Watkins Glen, would like to enquire into the availability of car #37 at Road Gatineau.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Sugiharto's career here seems to be a rollercoaster at best... :|
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:Sugiharto's career here seems to be a rollercoaster at best... :|

Not much of a surprise when you stalled his career so badly it hurt his ability. He peaked at the end of the 2016 Lupo season, and right when he was ripe to be promoted to the works Honda team in 2017, you held him back for yet another season in GTi. That was a fatal error. The works Honda was a very good car last year and it was wasted on idiots. Had you ran Sugiharto for Alpha Auto from Day 1, I dare say he could have finished Top 5 in the championship standings.

But, you let him rot in the junior series, causing him to plateau, then when finally promoting him, sent him to an average B-Class outfit.

It's only a rollercoaster because you messed up his progression completely!

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship season

Post by Klon »

Best In The World™ drivers comments on Road America:

Kay Lon wrote:Awwww yeah, winning feels great. It is an honour to be able to reap the hard work of Best In The World™ Switzerland, these men and women worked their absolute hardest to make this project with Škoda work. To win at a legendary circuit like Road America adds just that little bit of extra spice to really convince everyone that our team and me are the Best In The World at everything we ever did. As far as the race itself goes, I knew that the start would prove crucial, so I planned a few ways of getting the lead. Thankfully, those plans worked brilliantly.

Koyomi Setou wrote:Leading the championship by 29 points is unfortunately not as dominant a position as it may sound to the uneducated ears, of which there are certainly and regrettably a many amongst the fans of this sport for the intellectual elite. Therefore, there is no space for extravagant claims to riches and glory just yet. My goal for the next races must be to be as close to the top spots as the situation allows me without getting trapped in the appealing driving style of "reckless abandon" that can cost you valueable championship points.

Laurindo Coelho wrote:This race was a little bit frustrating, I was in a decent starting position but it went all wrong down the line. I was hit by a black car, don't know who it was, but the replays showed that car was pushed into me by a certain "James Davies". Never heard of him - is he related to the great James James Davies? - but I guess he is like me, an unknown trying to make his name in the world. That is the price when driving against other people like me, living a dream,we all occasionally risk too much. I don't blame him, but it is still disappointing.