The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Ponderbox

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:
Klon wrote:
dr-baker wrote:In hindsight, it was a bit. But it was not meant seriously, honestly! A bit of "banter" perhaps?

I like it. Keep it up.

Says the person who allegedly got me banned from the forum earlier this year!

Well, see, what you did there was an amusing, if somewhat not-PC joke. I like those. What I don't like and what you often do is talk about shite noone cares (read: I don't care - "me" and "everyone" is synonymous as far as I am concerned) about, such as your love life: If you'd stop making me hit you, we could be best of friends. 8-)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:Well, see, what you did there was an amusing, if somewhat not-PC joke. I like those. What I don't like and what you often do is talk about shite noone cares (read: I don't care - "me" and "everyone" is synonymous as far as I am concerned) about, such as your love life: If you'd stop making me hit you, we could be best of friends. 8-)

To be honest, and the way I see it, is that you (by which I mean I) cannot please all of the people all of the time, and I am not going to pretend to try. So either accept me as I am or don't. I am not going to change just to please one person, because likely as not, I will just start peeving someone else instead. And getting me banned without me having a clue what was going on did not help me to change my ways, did it! ;)

(Sorry if this came out a bit ranty.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:(Sorry if this came out a bit ranty.)

How typically British. One apologises for calling out an ego-centric attention seeker for his bad behaviour. Some things never change.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:And getting me banned without me having a clue what was going on did not help me to change my ways, did it! ;)

You got a ban? YOU got a ban? YOU got a BAN?

I haven't laughed so much since my 70 year old mother got a speeding ticket.
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:And getting me banned without me having a clue what was going on did not help me to change my ways, did it! ;)

I'll admit this is news to me as well...
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Simtek wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

It's no big deal really she was caught by a camera doing 38 in a 30.

Oh, sorry, you meant...
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:It's no big deal really she was caught by a camera doing 38 in a 30.

Not a big deal? NOT A BIG DEAL!?

Regardless of her age, rules are rules
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

To be honest, the ban began about 12 hours before the forum transition (I originally assumed I couldn't log in because of things starting to close down in preparation for it), but then, when the forum opened up again here, I couldn't log in because I discovered I had been banned. I was reinstated about 48 to 72 hours later...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:To be honest, the ban began about 12 hours before the forum transition (I originally assumed I couldn't log in because of things starting to close down in preparation for it), but then, when the forum opened up again here, I couldn't log in because I discovered I had been banned. I was reinstated about 48 to 72 hours later...

dr-baker there, live from the "Half A Story Desk".

What we would like to know is what mild mannered you did to incur the wrath of the banhammer?

You know. In case, we do it too :?
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:To be honest, the ban began about 12 hours before the forum transition (I originally assumed I couldn't log in because of things starting to close down in preparation for it), but then, when the forum opened up again here, I couldn't log in because I discovered I had been banned. I was reinstated about 48 to 72 hours later...

dr-baker there, live from the "Half A Story Desk".

What we would like to know is what mild mannered you did to incur the wrath of the banhammer?

You know. In case, we do it too :?

That's the problem. I don't have a clue. All I know is Klon apparently requested it, and that the request was carried out. If someone can fill me in on the rest of the story, I too would like to hear it. No explanation was ever provided to explain it to me.

EDIT: It was tommykl who informed me that it was Klon who got me banned, when we met at the Battersea Park FE round. I had no idea before that. Others know more than me about my ban. I would like to know more myself what happened.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Maybe you send some indecent mails to all the female members, and they all looked for comforting words with Klon, because ehm...
ehm...
Nope, that doesn't make sense.

If it is caused by some of Klons typical irrational incomprehensible hatred towards things others do (which includes literally everybody in this forum), then it's nothing to worry about. He's the kind of guy that would even try to have eytl or Kuwashima banned for being slightly different than him. We all learned to deal with his Klonisms and ignore it. Same as people who don't like your ladies man attitude, they just ignore it.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

dr-baker wrote:
Klon wrote:Well, see, what you did there was an amusing, if somewhat not-PC joke. I like those. What I don't like and what you often do is talk about shite noone cares (read: I don't care - "me" and "everyone" is synonymous as far as I am concerned) about, such as your love life: If you'd stop making me hit you, we could be best of friends. 8-)

To be honest, and the way I see it, is that you (by which I mean I) cannot please all of the people all of the time, and I am not going to pretend to try. So either accept me as I am or don't. I am not going to change just to please one person, because likely as not, I will just start peeving someone else instead. And getting me banned without me having a clue what was going on did not help me to change my ways, did it! ;)

(Sorry if this came out a bit ranty.)

It really is shameless the way you two flirt.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

This wrote:If it is caused by some of Klons typical irrational incomprehensible hatred towards things others do (which includes literally everybody in this forum), then it's nothing to worry about. He's the kind of guy that would even try to have eytl or Kuwashima banned for being slightly different than him.

Whilst I can imagine that, especially for someone like you, the following highly philosophical statement is going to prove a mental exercise well beyond the usual standards, I am going to drop it anyway: there is a sizeable difference between "hating everything that is slightly different than me" and "just not indulging every stupid nonsense not worth indulging".
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Please keep it friendly, people. I can't handle confrontation.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:
This wrote:If it is caused by some of Klons typical irrational incomprehensible hatred towards things others do (which includes literally everybody in this forum), then it's nothing to worry about. He's the kind of guy that would even try to have eytl or Kuwashima banned for being slightly different than him.

Whilst I can imagine that, especially for someone like you, the following highly philosophical statement is going to prove a mental exercise well beyond the usual standards, I am going to drop it anyway: there is a sizeable difference between "hating everything that is slightly different than me" and "just not indulging every stupid nonsense not worth indulging".

No there isn't.

Enjoy your ban.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

*Walks into thread*

What is this... I don't even... wha?!

*Quietly walks back out*
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

I actually enjoyed this while it lasted.
Must be my South American genes shining through. :shock:
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I know i should just shup up right now, or i will have Master Biscione giving me a reprimand too. getting my French maid outfit on for the occasion already
But how difficult is it to learn the ability to ignore things you don't like? :facepalm: Baker, keep us informed of your love life!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Oh Dear HWNSNBM, what have I done...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

This wrote:I know i should just shup up right now, or i will have Master Biscione giving me a reprimand too. getting my French maid outfit on for the occasion already
But how difficult is it to learn the ability to ignore things you don't like? :facepalm: Baker, keep us informed of your love life!

I'm starting to think most belgian people are pedophiles, or have some sort of weirdass kink.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Miguel98 wrote:
This wrote:I know i should just shup up right now, or i will have Master Biscione giving me a reprimand too. getting my French maid outfit on for the occasion already

I'm starting to think most belgian people are pedophiles, or have some sort of weirdass kink.

You can't spell Belgium without orgy.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:

You can't spell Belgium without orgy.

Of course you can!

B-orgy-um

Dammit.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So I try to understand why I was temporarily banned and the result is that the person that asked for me to be banned ends up banned himself for a short time? I certainly did not anticipate that, and it definitely wasn't my intention.

This wrote:Baker, keep us informed of your love life!

Have you seen the photo of me with a Formula E driver in the Eric van de Poele forum? Both people had a smile on their face, but someone had a bigger smile than the other...

tommykl wrote:Oh Dear HWNSNBM, what have I done...

You just helped me to understand the situation a bit better, that's all.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:But how difficult is it to learn the ability to ignore things you don't like?

Apparently it is quite hard when it comes to the Internet. Remember the "do not feed the trolls"? Well, they keep getting fed in most comment boxes...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

#FreeGonzo
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

good_Ralf wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:At a new flat we still haven't got internet, so I completely missed Sunday's race. However, something i noticed just by looking at the standings, is that Kvyat's points score is now higher than Ricciardo's. In fact, bar Austria where Daniel got 1 point more than Daniil (by getting 1 point), the Russian has outscored his teammate in every race since Monaco!

Since Monaco Ricciardo has earned 16 points and Kvyat 52.

And to think that Kyvat's form at the start of the year was so awful (China and practice in Bahrain was the nadir) compared to Ricciardo, he was certain to be fired for 2016 if he continued like that. As much as love that this is happening, I think this result is largely down to luck i.e. if Ricciardo stayed ahead of Danny in Monaco at the start, or didn't clash with Rosberg in Budapest, or didn't suffer car problems in Britain/Belgium. But there's no denying that Kvyat has upped his game.

Kvyat is just keeping it clean and tidy kind of which works where people around you have incidents. Ricciardo has had incidents. So that's helped.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Well if nothing else I learned Klon is male. I for some reason was convinced he was a lady prior to this. Oh well....

As for Kvyat, he IS keeping his nose clean, but more importantly than points, he's getting the Red Bull some valuable miles, something Danny can't always do. This is doubly important now that they have released their "B-spec".
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

<snigger> Biscione didn't just give Klot a ban he practically Samuel L Jackson'd his ass.

If you're reading this Klot - you're banned and I'm (as of 3:35pm anyway) not. :dance:
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:If you're reading this Klot - you're banned and I'm (as of 3:35pm anyway) not. :dance:

Would you like me to correct this anomaly? :deletraz:

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:
CoopsII wrote:If you're reading this Klot - you're banned and I'm (as of 3:35pm anyway) not. :dance:

Would you like me to correct this anomaly? :deletraz:

Just For One Day...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I find this situation humorous.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I find this situation humorous.

I find this situation hummus.

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

Alright, who turned this forum into a soap opera of sorts?! :D
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Waris wrote:Alright, who turned this forum into a soap opera of sorts?! :D

Has it ever been any different? Some of the best days on here are often when the discussion of F1 is practically incidental.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
Waris wrote:Alright, who turned this forum into a soap opera of sorts?! :D

Has it ever been any different? Some of the best days on here are often when the discussion of F1 is practically incidental.

Yeah... Back when derailing a thread was still a thing. I blame WeirdKerr on this! :pantano:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Man, i miss having internet at the flat, mostly because of this thread.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

So having seen the 2000 and 2001 F1 review I have one question to ask. Why did Ferrari get Barrichello again? Other than the obvious good rear gunner. But I mean in 2001, he didn't win a race while DC, Hakkinen, JPM and Ralf won races.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aguaman wrote:So having seen the 2000 and 2001 F1 review I have one question to ask. Why did Ferrari get Barrichello again? Other than the obvious good rear gunner. But I mean in 2001, he didn't win a race while DC, Hakkinen, JPM and Ralf won races.

Who else would they have hired? Everyone else available didn't want to be a number 2 to Schumi, or would've been a worse number 2.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Aguaman wrote:So having seen the 2000 and 2001 F1 review I have one question to ask. Why did Ferrari get Barrichello again? Other than the obvious good rear gunner. But I mean in 2001, he didn't win a race while DC, Hakkinen, JPM and Ralf won races.

It's as Salamander says but I think it's a little unfair to point out he didn't win a race in 2001 as if it were just down to his ability or something.
Just For One Day...