ARWS '18 - Vote for ROTY!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 (FORMERLY F1RWRS)

Post by Aerond »

As some of you know, I get married next week, and I'll be travelling right afterwards until the 18th. I expect to build the carset and do pre-season testing right afterwards with the goal of starting the season in early September; so I kindly ask all of you to provide livery ideas to Ataxia (if you haven't done it yet) and to finish your lineups and testing lineups (those who haven't done yet).

As for PORE and Revolution; if they don't give any info before the 18th, they'll start pre-season with Great Wall engines and whichever tyres used last season with the right to switch to different tyres and engines before Adelaide.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I would like to be added to waiting list. Since the waiting list will be long as we know, maybe it will work on the time
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Since I have the Windows Vista version of mspaint.exe dedicated solely for GP2 work (I'm running Windows 8.1, upgrading to Windows 10 soon), I guess no reconversion will be needed this time. Anyway, here it is:

For the record, the Windows Vista version of Paint (the one without the ribbon) is the last version to properly keep palettes from images with indexed palettes. Also, the new sponsors are Garudafood (snack company) and TVRI (Indonesia's state owned TV channel, in this canon the one broadcasting F1RWRS/ARWS races FTA in Indonesia).

:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Hell officially freezes over.

In a hastily organised press conference at Brands Hatch, home of Kamaha Motorsports, Barii Mori made an announcement that no one ever would have predicted with Best In The World Gmbh buying a 10% stake in Kamaha motorsports, he said "Best in the world gm\h will be purchasing a 10% stake in Kamaha Motorsports, it is purely a business transaction and the 10% is for deferred ordinary shares. Despite the media calling us Kamahahahahaha, stating that we could not organise a chimps tea party, let alone a racing team, we are the oldest team in the championship with more starts and entries then any other team. I would like to think we will be here for a few more years to come as do BITW, which is why they have purchased a stake in the company. The stake also gives us access to BITW drivers if we so wish. Why have we sold a stake? Well Kamaha have been hard hit by the Japanese recession and our results last year did cost us some sponsors, so by selling a part of the company it does give us some capital.".. Kay Lon head of BITW was not present but is expected to give an announcement later today.

In news that is not earth shattering...

Rosco Vantini was named as lead driver for the Kamaha team, it was revealed that Vantini has also bought a 10% stake in Kamaha, with rumours that he has remorgaged his house in Milan, Italy to fund his drive. Rosco was not present at the press conference, but sources at Kamaha said "We are not going to let Rosco near any members of the press, he is a good driver but boy can he offend people with his sexist views.".

For the public tests,, Kamaha will use Barii Mori and Rosco Vantini in Jerez and Daniel Melville and Kenan Ardaoglu in the Estoril test. Kamaha also announced that they will be using Pirelli tyres this season, "We are going to see if we need the extra grip in qualifying to see if we need to upgrade.".

[/quote]
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler livery is done. Already formatted to the right palette.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RejectSport wrote:Blokkmonsta debuts 2018 machine for ARWS

At the RUF headquarters in Pffenhausen, Germany, RUF Blokkmonsta Motorsport unveiled their ARWS entry for 2018 with little time before Pre-Season testing begins. "We have finally completed our first ever machine for ARWS, and we hope that it will be enough to escape Pre-Qualifying from day 1." Team leader Andrea Schnass spoke to the press during the unveiling.

The machine is christened the GPR-01 (Grand Prix RUF), taking after RUF Automotive's nomenclature in the vein of the BTR and the CTR line of sports cars. RUF's CEO Alois Ruf Jr. spoke in interview, "It is with great joy that our collaboration with Blokkmonsta created RUF's first ever formula car, and we hope that this project will lead to success and recognition of our brand as a world-class sports car manufacturer."

The car's chassis could be traced back to the defunct Tropico GP's last car, the TGP003, and is powered by this year's Holden engine as part of a 2-year contract with the team. The car will arrive at Circuito de Jerez on January 28 to begin the first round of ARWS's pres-season tests.

Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 02 Aug 2015, 21:21, edited 3 times in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Motorsport wrote: Venturi shows new machinery
With the pre-season just about to start, the teams are already starting to show their livery, and Venturi jumps ship and does the same.

The V2-001 is the first chassis of the brand new French team. The team signed a deal with the Yamaha engines.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Auto Fiction wrote:Simpson to start 2018 season without major sponsor

Following the shock departure of Dacia from Simpson Motorsports due to the loss of Renault engines through the engine market "lottery", Simpson Motorsports will be starting the 2018 season without a title sponsor. A representative for the team stated that they hope that their on-track performance in testing and the first few rounds can attract sponsors to the team.

Rumour throughout the motorsport fraternity has it that Simpson could even be preparing a case to go against the ARWS organisers in court over the controlled supply of engines. Auto Fiction will keep you up to date on any potential developments from this rumour (that we didn't make up ourselves, honestly!).

Here's the livery for testing and the first few rounds:
This is a cool spot.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Kay Lon wrote:Yes, the Best In The World™ brand has invested into Kamaha Motorsports, taking a 10% share in the team, as has been reported. This business decision was made after careful consideration. Obviously my history with the team, the good and the bad, is well known. Without Tatsuya Kahama, my motorsport career would not have been what it is, so the Best In The World™ is indebted to the team. We therefore consider it the logical move to return the team's sportive investment with a financial one.

Secondly, Kamaha is one of the most prestigeous and classic teams in the series. Associating the brand with the Japanese team is henceforth a good image move. We believe the combination of a historic team and an uprising sports brand is very good for both sides. Thirdly, on a personal level, I feel a need to "come home", give back to the team that gave me so much in my early years, as a good example for my future son, given as I have learned not too long ago that I am going to be a father.

We are convinced this move is profitable for both sides. As far as concerns regarding our ability to work with and for Barii Mori, they are unfounded. Whilst I have criticised moves in the past, we feel the recent developments within the team were positive. Signing Rosco Vantini is a good move, as is bringing back a number of staff that left the team after 2012. As for future developments, we will obviously consider suggesting Best In The World™ drivers to the team if we feel that would be in the best interest of team and driver.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Thanks Ataxia for notifying me about the topic opening.

Revolution would like to use Pirelli tires.
Fuji as home race I am OK with.
Chassis stays, because lol final season, better go out with a whisper. (Yes, I'm intentional on this.)

For Jerez and Estoril, both of the racing drivers would test, as I have to sign a free agent, and it might not happen at all.

Renault engine. 1 year. If possible. If not, Ford. 1 year.

Livery idea was submitted to Ataxia. The less work for him, the better.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Bizzarri privately furious with team, says insiders

What do Marco Bizzarri and last year's Mecha GP car have in common? They are both fuming.

This is according to sources close to the Italian driver, who is said to be livid at the off-season preparations from his team. Negotiations for Bizzarri's renewal were notoriously slow, and after the long effort to secure the deal, he is aghast that they have been so slow to decide their plans, especially at the sudden nature of their planned withdrawal from the sport.

"He is a mixture of confused and livid," claimed a member of his entourage. "His team lost the Renault contract, which for him was really the allure of the team from a technical perspective, and apparently will sign with Ford. We are living in Roman times, for it seems for next year he will be racing powered with a horse and cart."

Indeed, Bizzarri would have a right to be disappointed with his team, as leaked dyno test results show the Ford engine way down on power compared to its rivals. He is lobbying his team to sign with Pure-Hart for 2018 instead, as they are one of the other few manufacturers left with a supply slot remaining.

Another shock revelation was his Revolution team's intention to wind up operations voluntarily at the end of the season, a move similar to that of Sunshine, who disappeared at the behest of its owner.

"Of course he's disappointed with this, but he will continue to give 100% this year and show why he deserves to be driving at the top level at another team in future," the source continued. "Marco is a professional. This is why he's so disappointed in the team just now. He knows they are capable of better than they are currently doing. It's naturally a disappointment for someone when they give their all, but the team does not seem to be doing likewise."
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Team Mecha will also have an private test:

19th-21th February - Sentul
All days: Driver Development: Kazuki Fushida and Dave Anderson

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Can I join the waiting list?
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Actually, screw the Ford idea. Please sign me up for the Pure-Hart engine, please.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Autosport wrote:Rob Lomas Racing renew Monster sponsorship.
Rob Lomas Racing have announced that they are renewing their sponsorship deal with Monster Energy.
For more information, please subscribe to Autosport Plus
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

novitopoli wrote:Can I join the waiting list?

done :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ARWS Commission: 2019 will feature less teams

After news broke that the Revolution team will be having his last season in the sport, ARWS commissioner Daniel Prieto has stated that he'd like to see the entry list drop "Ideally, 2019 will feature 18 teams or less, my goal is to bring down the entry list to 16 teams in two or three years. We had to offload the waiting list a little for this season, as we had loads of interested people joining the series, but this won't be a need anymore. [...] I can understand the frustration teams like Revolution suffer in this ultra-competitive series. It's not easy to get things right, but on the behalf of the commission I must also say that in no other series teams are so safe economically as in here; we have multiple systems that prevent teams from going broke, so if teams are unsuccessful is more down to their own lack of ability and interest rather than on lack of opportunity."
As far as the pre-season is going, Prieto said he's eager to watch it all start; "I really want the pre-season to go ahead, it's going to be exciting, with the new cars and the new teams, it's going to be a very interesting season and I think the new tracks are going to be loved by the audiences and the drivers alike. With the inclusion of Phakisa we confirm our expansion as the prime worldwide series, including two races in Africa, the Scandinavian Grand Prix in Norway will feature one of the most exciting courses in the world, and with the inclusion of Sao Paulo we've finally found a track ready to host the Brazilian Grand Prix for a long time".
The pre-season will start in just a few weeks with the teams doing tests in Portugal and Spain before heading for Australia.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak Aeroracing would like to join Fusion in their test at Silverstone if thats ok? :)

16-18 February - Silverstone
Day 1: Ashley Watkinson/Renaldo Jimenez (Handling)
Day 2: Ashley Watkinson/Daniel Martins (Handling)
Day 3: Renaldo Jimenez (Driver Development)

I understand this will cost 30cr, correct?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

V8fan12 wrote:Peak Aeroracing would like to join Fusion in their test at Silverstone if thats ok? :)

16-18 February - Silverstone
Day 1: Ashley Watkinson/Renaldo Jimenez (Handling)
Day 2: Ashley Watkinson/Daniel Martins (Handling)
Day 3: Renaldo Jimenez (Driver Development)

I understand this will cost 30cr, correct?

I think that is right with rule 7.2.6 and 7.2.7

7.2.6 A test will last for a single day between 8am and dusk.
7.2.7 The cost of running a private test is as follows:
a) Running a test in the team's home country: 10 credits
b) Running a test immediately after a Grand Prix at the same venue: 10 credits
c) Running a test anywhere else: 20 credits
Officially Retired
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Okay, a recap, I took my time a bit and came up with the definite program:

- Chassis is being kept.
- Engine is going to be Pure-Hart. For one year. I will need reliability to avoid heartbroke moments.
- Pirelli tires.
- I don't have much of a livery request, but Ataxia is working on it, and I'd like to thank him for that.
- For Jerez and Estoril, both of the racing drivers would test.

I'd also like to ask for a private test at Fuji. February 16-18.
Day 1:
- Hagane Shizuka and Andrej Kremniczky would like to test for Reliability results.
Day 2:
- Hagane Shizuka and Marco Bizzarri would like to test for Handling results.
Day 3:
- Andrej Kremniczky and Marco Bizzarri would like to test for Downforce results.

We would like to invite Mecha and Kamaha to join us on the private testing.

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Shizuka wrote:Okay, a recap, I took my time a bit and came up with the definite program:

- Chassis is being kept.
- Engine is going to be Pure-Hart. For one year. I will need reliability to avoid heartbroke moments.
- Pirelli tires.
- I don't have much of a livery request, but Ataxia is working on it, and I'd like to thank him for that.
- For Jerez and Estoril, both of the racing drivers would test.

I'd also like to ask for a private test at Fuji. February 16-18.
Day 1:
- Hagane Shizuka and Andrej Kremniczky would like to test for Reliability results.
Day 2:
- Hagane Shizuka and Marco Bizzarri would like to test for Handling results.
Day 3:
- Andrej Kremniczky and Marco Bizzarri would like to test for Downforce results.

We would like to invite Mecha and Kamaha to join us on the private testing.

You can't test in a track which holds a race until after that race.

7.2.9 Teams cannot run private tests at a venue that is hosting a F1RWRS race within the same calender year until after that race has been run.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Kjellerup will start the season with standard Goodyears.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Aerond wrote:
Shizuka wrote:I'd also like to ask for a private test at Fuji. February 16-18.

7.2.9 Teams cannot run private tests at a venue that is hosting a F1RWRS race within the same calender year until after that race has been run.

I hear that Suzuka is quite a nice circuit to test on.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Kamaha reveal old car
Today Kamaha showed off their new old car, the Kahama KM-7Y, Barii Mori said to the crowd of 6 journalists, "To be honest, the car is last years car with a new engine mount for the Yamaha. Will we see any tweaks? Maybe if there is a blue moon this year. We lack any serious sponsors, Yamaha and Pirelli are giving us something as partners, Vantini Racing and Best in the World have purchased a slice of the team so they are also on the car, the Samaritans are there because some team managers might need a friendly ear to talk to at the end of the season. We kept our usual White, Red and Yellow colour scheme that Venturi have inverted and used on their cars, we are speaking to our lawyers to see if we can get royalities. We might go on a jolly to Suzuka to watch Reviolution test, we might do one day but we might save our money.". The car does look very plain and you worry if kamaha will survuve the season with no sponsors.

The Kahama KM7Y

Plan View

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

ARWS Magazine wrote:2018 ARWS Season Preview

2018 sees the biggest shakeup since 2013 in the series formerly known as F1RWRS; the series has taken a new name, will welcome a number of new teams and also brings a complete overhaul in the engine regulations. For these reasons, it’s surely going to be the race series to watch. This preview will give us a run-down of the runners and riders this season, with the hope of making some sense of it all!

Voeckler – Renault
Although Voeckler were unable to retain the constructors’ title in 2017, they claim the #1 as the team helped a resurgent Thomas de Bock to his first world title. The Belgian had been languishing in the first couple of races with Gillet, and the bold decision for de Bock to ditch the team he had been with for so many years had paid off. De Bock needs to come back from the off-season completely invigorated if he is to help the team again. The second seat was a bit of a merry-go-round last season, with Nathanael Spencer, Ron Mignolet and the surprise return of Rhys Davies filling their quota of driver changes. The team will be pinning their hopes on their golden boy Dan Greenlaw, who has been one of the leading lights in the Voeckler Talent Troupe over the past couple of seasons. Greenlaw needs to hit the ground running if he is to ever be considered as a future team leader at the French outfit. He’s certainly got the talent to do so, even if the American’s results in the past have been a little inconsistent.

Verdict: 2nd. Voeckler look strong on paper, although some noises from within the team have suggested that the new car still needs a little work. The team should have the support from Renault and the finance to fight for the championship.

Jones – Ford
Jones brought in a new lineup of Mark Dagnall and Diego Alvarez Torrente for 2017, and although it produced results the team were unable to recoup the consistency they enjoyed with Rhys Davies at the helm of the lead car. Dagnall was lightning-quick, but on occasion managed to push too hard which ultimately ended his title hopes. Jones are going to have to coax Dagnall into realising that sometimes less is more, because in race trim he’s clearly one of the best around. The jury’s still out on Torrente; although the Spaniard claimed two race wins in his maiden season, he seemed to struggle with knowing when to push and when to hold back. Torrente tended to switch between throwing away results by getting involved in unnecessary scrapes and throwing away results by driving too leisurely. The two drivers are going to have to work together to build up a strong number of points, as Jones have publically declared their dissatisfaction with Ford’s latest engine.

Verdict: 3rd. As long as Dagnall can fight for wins and Torrente can mature, Jones might be able to fight for some kind of title, depending on how much of a hindrance the Ford can be. The team should be able to build up the bulk of their points at the more technical circuits.

Peak Aeroracing – Audi
Although the former Aeroracing management sold their stake to Peak Motorsport Group, the team infrastructure remains largely the same. Audi have Peak Aeroracing as their works team, and new money from Proctor & Gamble allows the team to retain the dark blue colour scheme introduced last season. The biggest change is on the driver front, and due to the late takeover it seems PAE have been hamstrung in this department. Losing Buyvolov to Simpson is the biggest blow, and with Lon’s long-speculated retirement from the series the team have signed Ashley Watkinson and Renaldo Jimenez. With the team rebuilding under the new management, Watkinson is a fully capable driver; although he may need to shake off the rust after a year out, many remember his heroics with the ailing Prospec team in 2016. Jimenez will reluctantly return to the series with pressure from the Tropican government, but little is expected of him. The team’s hopes rest with Watkinson.

Verdict: 8th. The loss of Buyvolov and the unimpressive Audi powerplants won’t allow the team to reach the heights of the last couple of years. The car itself seems impressive and Watkinson should score at least semi-regularly, but there’s not enough about the team to really make a go of things.

MRT – BMW
Many speculate that this is MRT’s last season in the big time with the projected departure of BMW. Bavaria’s finest have developed an engine that looks light and powerful, and an evolution of MRT’s nimble machinery that saw Mestolio and Schiller come alive in the second half of 2017 should allow MRT to enjoy the most majestic of swansongs, should the rumours of the team’s departure be true. The return of Phillippe Nicolas is one that was not entirely unpredictable, but nonetheless Nicolas is an impressive acquisition; the Frenchman has punched above his weight on a regular basis at the late Arrowtech team, and if he is able to continue that form he may be the shoulders on which a title challenge is carried. Alberto Cara was signed due to the promise he has shown over the years; expect Cara to take the lion’s share of pole positions, and if he can remain calm in race conditions should certainly push Nicolas towards the title.

Verdict: 1st. MRT should take this, as long as they don’t lose focus. BMW have stepped up their game and their drivers both offer improvement on last year’s lineup.

Simpson – Yamaha
Dave Simpson cast an unhappy figure as he lost his Renault engines and Dacia title sponsorship deal, but the Australian team have plenty of reasons to remain optimistic about 2018. First of all, the team have poached impressive rookie Alexey Buyvolov from Aeroracing; the Russian should be able to draw on all of his experience from last season and provide a focal point on which Simpson can challenge. Jean-Luc Schiller also joins from MRT, and the Swiss driver’s break-out year should at least allow him to challenge his younger team-mate at every opportunity given. Furthermore, the new Yamaha powerplants are very strong on paper; if Simpson can get these ingredients together then they should be challenging for more regular points and podia. Maybe even a win. Who knows?

Verdict: 5th.Simpson should be able to not only consolidate on an impressive 2017 but also build on it for a potential top-3 challenge next year. Buyvolov and Schiller is a seriously impressive driver lineup.

Gauthier – Pure Hart
Gauthier have had a quiet off-season; having collected their drivers early the team also set to work on a new car which certainly seems an improvement on the old one. Danny van Rijkens seemed to mature a lot in the second half of last season, and again will be the man to lead the team with his Sasol money again bankrolling the team. The South African was consistently in the points at the end of last season; his tally would be undeniably greater had the old-spec Pure Hart engine not been so unreliable; the Pure Hart engineers seem to have learned their lesson with their new design. Van Rijkens is partnered with AR3.5 champion Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, who has gone from strength to strength in the junior categories. The Dutchman may need a bit of polishing, but he should have the capacity to impress.

Verdict: 6th. Gauthier should be able to build again on the past couple of seasons. Van Nieuwenhuijzen offers a better calibre of driver than former incumbent Du Lei, and should be able to get the second car scoring too.

Rosenforth – Holden
Holden have turned their attentions to Formula 1, and so Jimmy Rosenforth has launched a full-scale takeover of their ARWS team. Little has changed, although leading light Alberto Cara has gone to MRT. Carter Simpson makes a long-awaited move to ARWS, having run Diego Alvarez Torrente close to the F2RWRS title in 2016. Simpson seems like a strong acquisition, but is relatively unproven at this level save for a few cameos for Holden last season. Gregor Pascal has bought the other seat; after a season-and-a-bit at this level hasn’t shown anything to suggest that he’ll be the one to lead Rosenforth’s hopes in 2018. The other question is whether Holden have taken their foot off the gas; will they be able to provide competitive engines in both F1 AND ARWS? It’ll be a tough ask.

Verdict: 13th. With an inexperienced lineup and below-par engines, Rosenforth don’t look like a team on the up. The occasional flirt with pre-qualifying is expected, although Carter Simpson should manage the odd point.

Plus One - ?
The former Kingfisher squad have been in the same place for the last few years; points have all come through David Neuberg in the odd attrition-hit race en route to a mid-table finish. Plus One have yet to make an engine decision, and the team will need to be savvy in their choice if they are to kick on and aim for a push up the grid. Neuberg’s loyalty will certainly be tested this year, whilst the second seat has yet to be filled. Speculation suggests it’ll be Nebula F2RWRS driver Quentin Reatherson, who’s been very impressive in the past couple of seasons (in an under-the-radar sort of way).

Verdict: 14th. There are too many unknowns to make an educated guess, but if both Neuberg and Reatherson are on board they have an impressive pair of young drivers.

Revolution – Pure Hart
Revolution will grind to a halt at the end of the season as they begin to wrap up their ARWS operations on the back of their best season in the competition. Like Simpson, the Japanese team have lost their Renault contract and have plumped instead for the very reasonable Pure Hart engines. The team’s chassis remains a weak point and most of it is carried-over from 2017; the team seeing no reason to develop a new one for their final season. Hagane Shizuka is back in the principal’s seat full-time as he hangs up his race helmet, whilst Marco Bizzarri and Andrej Kremnicky remain at the team. Revolution have ended up leaving the off-season in relatively the same position as they ended last season...which can only leave them going backwards.

Verdict: 16th. Although the engine looks good, the chassis is outdated and the drivers inconsistent. Don’t expect the team to match their points tally from last season.

Nurminen – Holden
After a solid debut season, Nurminen are looking to kick on and make the step up to regular points-challengers. Although it’s a touch unrealistic to expect the team in the points every race since the Holden engine is a little underpowered, the team’s drivers look equipped to deal with the challenges that the Finnish outfit may face on their ascent. Martin McFry is a fixture in the ARWS field, and his qualifying prowess should be able to help Nurminen avoid pre-qualifying most of the time. Furthermore, his young team-mate Marko Jantscher joins the field full-time after a successful few years in the junior categories. Another solid season beckons.

Verdict: 11th. Nurminen look strong enough to remain in the midfield, and with both drivers firing on all cylinders may be able to crack the lower reaches of the points on a few occasions.

Kamaha – Yamaha
After a couple of years with the Suzuki-badged Audis, Kamaha have returned to works status with their rhyming cousins at Yamaha. Yamaha have developed an impressive engine, but Kamaha haven’t exactly made great strides with the car compared to last season. Daniel Melville provides some continuity in the driving staff, and with the retirement of Hagane Shizuka the team have allowed former Jones driver Rosco Vantini a way back into the big-time; the Italian has had a season out to take part in AR3.5, and Kamaha will hope he will return to the ARWS fold a more rounded individual.

Verdict: 9th. Kamaha still have work to do with their car, but a strong engine and the signing of Vantini should allow the Japanese team the capacity to claim a few strong results. It could so easily go the other way, though.

Rob Lomas – Audi
The best thing that RLR did last season was to throw the dice and give Shinobu Katayama a go. Before she jumped ship to Nurminen, Katayama produced some pithy displays in a sub-par car and fought tooth-and-nail for a solitary point. Without her, RLR languished in pre-qualifying with the likes of Adelaide Voeckler and Shane Skeelenberg, who brought money but little else with them. The new lineup is an improvement; Miko Fakkinen joins the team having managed to wrestle the Great Wall-powered Fusion out of pre-qualifying on a pair of occasions, whilst Hansuke Shioya has experience at this level. However, RLR continue with a derivative of their previous car, and paired with the down-on-power Audi engine in the back, it seems that the Monster-backed team will start this season as they finished. The odd lucky escape from pre-qualifying may occur, but this would be a rarity.

Verdict: 20th. RLR don’t seem to have the money or expertise to get out of their current situation. They look to be in free-fall at the moment.

Fusion – Infiniti
Over the past year, Fusion have been busy bees. Having signed a title sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola, Fusion have also picked up a much-coveted Renault engine deal which will see the return of the Infiniti name to the championship. The early signings of Fredo Mestolio and Terry Hawkin signalled the team’s intentions; Mestolio has developed some experience toward the front of the grid, whilst Hawkin makes his long-awaited debut at this level. Fusion have tried to get a package together capable of challenging for wins after a fact-finding year last season, but is it too much too soon?

Verdict: 4th. Although the overall package is good, the team is full of inexperience when it comes to fighting for ARWS honours. Mestolio is inconsistent, whilst Hawkin will be thrown in the deep end. 2018 is surely too early for a title challenge.

Gillet ENB
Gillet had a nightmare 2017, and have gone back to basics to try and recoup the ground they have lost over the past couple of seasons. Aurelien Moll returns after a year out of the team; the Belgian was dumped for compatriot Eric Swerts and his money, but should return to the team with a fresh outlook. He is partnered with highly-rated Shane Walsh; the American has lit up the junior formulae over the past couple of seasons and has certainly earned his place at the table. Gillet will need to kick the losing culture that has developed of late, and 2018 is the time to do it. The new Gillet engines are a little down on power, but the new car looks like a step in the right direction.

Verdict: 12th. As long as Gillet can recover from their recent hoodoo, the Belgians should be able to make some steps forward. Having Moll back will help them, whilst Walsh looks like a very shrewd acquisition.

Mecha – Pure Hart
Mecha were incapable of finishing a race last season; the customer Pure Hart engines were particularly prone to calling it a day early, and although Jesus Plaza did his best he was unable to bring the team any points. Most expected Plaza to be retained, but instead was surprisingly replaced by former F1 backmarker John Bean, who comes off the back of a year in Australia in which he won the reborn F5000 championship. Despite making a step forward in his performances, Hiroto Tojo has been let go by the team too; the team have flabbergasted a number of pundits by signing cult 80s F1 backmarker Kazuki Fushida.

Verdict: 19th. The car is less horrible than the RLR package, but their...interesting choice of drivers present a situation akin to running the London Marathon with leprosy.

Kjellerup – Renault
The Danish team based in France were borne from the ashes of the now-defunct Boxtel operation, and the team have made some very shrewd acquisitions as they gear up for their first ARWS season. First of all, getting a supply of Renault engines was a real coup for the team; the Ecurie Prenois team which run the Kjellerup operation undoubtedly managed to persuade the higher-ups from Viry-Chatillon to support another national team. Secondly, the team have persuaded a pair of young, hungry drivers to drive them forward. Alessandro Lucarelli showed potential in his outings for Plus One last year, whilst Nick Nurmester has been linked with a move to Jones in the near future. Kjellerup are trying to keep the expectation down, but their overall package shows promise.

Verdict: 7th. Kjellerup should surprise in 2018. The team look efficient and well-managed; the preparation for their first season should allow them to reap the benefits of a muddled grid in the opening rounds.

Tassie – Audi
Tassie are a surprise entrant to the grid considering the team aren’t blessed with massive amounts of experience; the Launceston-based outfit have had a few cameos in the lower series, but 2018 will be a real baptism of fire. The team have made the questionable decision to jump into bed with Audi, and have developed a car based on the old Gillet chassis, which doesn’t inspire too much confidence. On the driver front, the team have opted for a distinctly Japanese flavour; the mercurial Tomo Kazama will lead the team alongside Akira Yamamura, who appeared a shoo-in for an Aeroracing seat prior to their takeover. Tassie have very talented drivers, but the technical side raises serious questions.

Verdict: 18th. It’s going to be a hard season for Tassie to make a mark on the ARWS grid. The quality of their drivers should carry them above the likes of Mecha and RLR, depending on whether Kazama can stay motivated.

Union Saver – Daihatsu
With the departure of Sunshine, Union Saver have hooked up with Daihatsu’s engine division. It seems to be a marriage of convenience; Daihatsu have yet to commit to supplying Union Saver with works equipment and so the Austrian team may not reap the full development potential of the Japanese engines. The driver lineup is a little ropey too; Jari Kekkonen returns from the US and his previous F1RWRS results have been middling at best. The Finn is a safe pair of hands, but he’s not a megastar by any stretch. Naoki Shinjo makes the unheard-of jump from F3RWRS to ARWS, and although his results in his native Japan have been strong it seems that Shinjo will struggle. That said, it’s a learning year for the Austrian team, and Kekkonen should drawn on his experience to steer the development on the right path.

Verdict: 17th. Union Saver have potential, but it might take a little time to realise that. Kekkonen should help USD reach the grid, but Shinjo is a real unknown quantity. Convincing Daihatsu to give them a works contract would be a good move.

RUF Blokkmonsta – Holden
The Germans are making a bit of a jump; although the Blokkmonsta guys have made their name in sportscars, they have diversified their interests by spreading into single-seaters. However, with support from RUF, the team have sorted out a deal with Holden for their final customer contract. The team have also picked up a pair of solid drivers to help them hit the ground running in their first year; Nicolas Steele has plenty experience near the front of the pack, whilst qualifying specialist Wouter Lamberigts brings the team latent hot-lap pace, and the Belgian should be able to elevate the team out of pre-qualifying on a reasonably regular basis.

Verdict: 15th. The team may not have the depth to beat the more established operations, but Steele and Lamberigts are both very shrewd acquisitions.

Venturi – Yamaha
The French outfit were a late addition after the Commonwealth Group withdrew their offer for the now-deceased Sunshine team, and they have wasted no time in preparing for 2018. The drivers that Venturi have managed to attract are former winners; Shinobu Katayama and Jean-Vincent Albertini provide real talent and should help Venturi make an immediate jump to the midfield pack. Furthermore, the surprise acquisition of Yamaha engines provides another real boost to the team’s chances. The chassis might hold the team back a little, but Venturi should have a real shot at points this year.

Verdict: 10th. Quick preparation make Venturi another surprise package. The experience of Katayama and Albertini will help the team make an immediate impression on the field.

In Short:
1st. MRT
2nd. Voeckler
3rd. Jones
4th. Fusion
5th. Simpson
6th. Gauthier
7th. Kjellerup
8th. Peak Aeroracing
9th. Kamaha
10th. Venturi
11th. Nurminen
12th. Gillet
13th. Rosenforth
14th. Plus One
15th. Blokkmonsta
16th. Revolution
17th. Union Saver
18th. Tassie
19th. Mecha
20th. RLR
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'm sorry that I didn't get around to designing a livery. Kjellerup's main sponsors are Jysk, Vestas and Axa. Lucarelli brings sponsorship from Parmalat. For Nurmester's personal sponsorship you have to ask Nuppiz.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSports wrote:

USD Tides Home

Even before the official introducion of the ARWS team, Union Saver Developments, in a shocking move, announced that current GT-R champions, Ricardo Llosa and Jordan McKenna, will be the testers for the new KS-01 during the season.

USD CEO, Karl Lichter Shultz spoke earlier with RejectSports. "Originally, the idea for the ARWS team was to showcase some of our young drivers from our programme (Shinjo and Sullivan) alongside an experience man that could lead them on the series. However, since the situation with the GT-R series is unknown, and with the F3EA series beggining to rise, we're forced to make some changes. Don't misunderstand me, Shinjo and Kekkonen will still begin the season, but we want Sullivan to concentrate in F3EA. This is why Ricardo and Jordan enter as testers for the ARWS operation. They will not only bring their driving experience, but also, a little incentive to both Shinjo and Kekkonen to drive even faster." Asked if the possibility of seeing the 2-time GT-R champs on the top flight series, Shultz, which is also Llosa's and McKenna's teammate in GT-R, just said "That will depend entirely on Shinjo and Kekkonen."

About USD's challenger, the KS-01 powered by Daihatsu, Shultz said this. "When we signed with Daihatsu, we weren't aware of the so-called 3-year deal to receive full manufacturer tech aid, so we're working with Daihatsu to arrange a deal that will help both sides."
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:For Nurmester's personal sponsorship you have to ask Nuppiz.

Pioneer Corporation.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

SuperAguri wrote:
Aerond wrote:
Shizuka wrote:I'd also like to ask for a private test at Fuji. February 16-18.

I hear that Suzuka is quite a nice circuit to test on.

Alright, please sign me up for Suzuka then.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

FMecha wrote:Team Mecha will also have an private test:

19th-21th February - Sentul
All days: Driver Development: Kazuki Fushida and Dave Anderson

A change of plans: we will have John Bean instead of Anderson on the 21st. :)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Mr.Alexander: "We are struggling to find anything out".

In a rare public interview, ex Kingfisher PlusOne owner Mr .Alexander has spoken about the teams problems in the lead up to the new season. "Both myself and David (Neuberg) have been trying to find out what information there is about the team, especially as no new engine deal has been sourced. With the first set of tests only round the corner, it seems as though the team is slowly falling towards the back again."
Following personal problems, Mr.Alexander and CEO of PlusOne Mr Luke Knight, reached an agreement of the team's ownership, with Mr.Alexander keeping the contractual rights to star driver, David Neuberg.
"Hopefully something will be worked out in the very-near future otherwise I find myself wanting to come back and resume control if nothing can be done. I'm sure there's a very vaild reason for the delays, but it's still quite unnerving all the same."
Following this comment, Mr.Alexander was asked about the potential movement of Neuberg. "Although he is happy at PORE, he's always been in quite a high demand from other teams up and down the grid. However, we will re-evaluate his position towards the middle of the year as it's too early to start any discussions about a possible move away for David. You have to remember, he's been apart of this team for close to 10 years now. He's part of the furniture. But as every driver will tell you, if there's an opportunity to move higher up the grid, they will take it. But I only want the best for David, so we'd only be interested in the teams that have regular point finishes. A sideways-career move would make no sense to any of us."
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Mr.Alexander: "We are struggling to find anything out".

In a rare public interview, ex Kingfisher PlusOne owner Mr .Alexander has spoken about the teams problems in the lead up to the new season. "Both myself and David (Neuberg) have been trying to find out what information there is about the team, especially as no new engine deal has been sourced. With the first set of tests only round the corner, it seems as though the team is slowly falling towards the back again."
Following personal problems, Mr.Alexander and CEO of PlusOne Mr Luke Knight, reached an agreement of the team's ownership, with Mr.Alexander keeping the contractual rights to star driver, David Neuberg.
"Hopefully something will be worked out in the very-near future otherwise I find myself wanting to come back and resume control if nothing can be done. I'm sure there's a very vaild reason for the delays, but it's still quite unnerving all the same."
Following this comment, Mr.Alexander was asked about the potential movement of Neuberg. "Although he is happy at PORE, he's always been in quite a high demand from other teams up and down the grid. However, we will re-evaluate his position towards the middle of the year as it's too early to start any discussions about a possible move away for David. You have to remember, he's been apart of this team for close to 10 years now. He's part of the furniture. But as every driver will tell you, if there's an opportunity to move higher up the grid, they will take it. But I only want the best for David, so we'd only be interested in the teams that have regular point finishes. A sideways-career move would make no sense to any of us."

Pasta was supposed to have returned by now, but I don't entirely know what he's doing. PORE need an engine and tyre deal put in place as well as a second driver, although I was sorting a deal to put Quentin Reatherson there.

The decision's in Aerond's court, as always.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Well, my idea is to allow PORE for now on Great Wall engines; which Pasta can switch to any other available engine whenever he shows up. Also, we'll sign him to whichever free tyres PORE was using in 2017, again with the right for change.
However, he'll have to play under the "check-in" rule too, so if nothing is heard from him after 4 races, then he'll be stripped off his entry and PORE will disappear, unless adriansutil gets control of the team again.
As for the 2nd driver, I'm ok with Reatherson getting the 2nd seat temporarily until Pasta confirms his 2nd seat.

By the way, registrations for Official pre-season tests will close tonight, at midnight UK time. No line-up changes or new registrations will be accepted for the Official pre-season tests (and yes, this means PORE will miss those tests). Also, I ask all of you to finalise your liveries ASAP, as I'm going to prepare the carset this very same weekend, with pre-season tests bound to happen next week (at least the Official testing).
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Aerond wrote:By the way, registrations for Official pre-season tests will close tonight, at midnight UK time. No line-up changes or new registrations will be accepted for the Official pre-season tests (and yes, this means PORE will miss those tests). Also, I ask all of you to finalise your liveries ASAP, as I'm going to prepare the carset this very same weekend, with pre-season tests bound to happen next week (at least the Official testing).

All game-ready liveries are available here. The spotters' guide is almost finished, and I'll post it here once it's done. It should be a little more print-friendly this year.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Auto Fiction wrote:Simpson announce major sponsorship rotation scheme for 2018

After the forced break in contract with previous sponsor Dacia over the ARWS commission's decision to refuse supply of Renault engines, Simpson Motorsports have announced that they will be running with a different sponsor each round. "This will provide a great marketing opportunity for any company that wants exposure in a certain market, without having to spend huge amounts of money for the whole season" a spokesperson for the team mentioned. No sponsors have been confirmed as of yet, however the team did mention that they have secured a deal for the two season opening races in Australia.

In further news, the paddock rumours suggesting that Simpson were to take the ARWS commission to the courts over the Renault engine supply issue almost turned out to be true, with team boss Dave Simpson on the record as saying that he "...considered making the case, but ultimately we could not get the support needed from a majority of team owners to take it to the CAS... also it would set the team back even further for the season ahead, which was our main reason in not pursuing the case."
This is a cool spot.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Aerond wrote:Well, my idea is to allow PORE for now on Great Wall engines; which Pasta can switch to any other available engine whenever he shows up. Also, we'll sign him to whichever free tyres PORE was using in 2017, again with the right for change.
However, he'll have to play under the "check-in" rule too, so if nothing is heard from him after 4 races, then he'll be stripped off his entry and PORE will disappear, unless adriansutil gets control of the team again.
As for the 2nd driver, I'm ok with Reatherson getting the 2nd seat temporarily until Pasta confirms his 2nd seat.

By the way, registrations for Official pre-season tests will close tonight, at midnight UK time. No line-up changes or new registrations will be accepted for the Official pre-season tests (and yes, this means PORE will miss those tests). Also, I ask all of you to finalise your liveries ASAP, as I'm going to prepare the carset this very same weekend, with pre-season tests bound to happen next week (at least the Official testing).

Does this mean that I won't be able to have a private test before the first race?

I planned to have a provate test after the official test so I know what I need to improve on. No sense going into the test without a clear plan on what to do. :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Aerond wrote:Well, my idea is to allow PORE for now on Great Wall engines; which Pasta can switch to any other available engine whenever he shows up. Also, we'll sign him to whichever free tyres PORE was using in 2017, again with the right for change.

Does this mean that I won't be able to have a private test before the first race?

I planned to have a provate test after the official test so I know what I need to improve on. No sense going into the test without a clear plan on what to do. :D

You can do your private testing of course. I only said official pre-season tests will most probably happen next week. Private will be conducted afterwards, just don't know if next week of afterwards.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

RejectSport wrote:Hans Einhrin joins Tassie Racing as test driver
Hans Einhrin has today become the first test driver for Tassie Racing after a offer from the Australian team was accepted with the condition of entering the Young Drivers test in June.

Matthew Saoea said in the announcement, "Einhrin has shown potential of a possible ARWS drive if one of the other two drivers doesn't live up to standard." This is also in conduction of private testing that Tassie Racing will be doing at Estroil after the second offical test with Akira Yamamura and Hans Einhrin doing driver development on the 12th before a second test at Sydney Motorsport Park where Tomo Kazama and Hans Einhrin will be testing the handing.

So basically this is two private tests for Tassie Racing.

Estroil (12th February): Akira Yamamura and Hans Einhrin (Driver Development)
Sydney Motorsport Park (1st March): Tomo Kazama and Hans Einhrin (Handling)
Officially Retired
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

After too many hours on Photoshop, I've got a little pressie for you guys!

>>2018 SPOTTERS' GUIDE<<

Thanks to those who sent me GP2 liveries, they were reasonably easy to work into a guide livery (except you, TMLW...you made it a touch more difficult!), and also thanks to Moda for making the splendid Jones livery.

The guide this year is higher res than last season, so it should be more print-friendly.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson will attend both pre-season tests with Schiller and Buyvolov driving in both.
This is a cool spot.