The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by Wallio »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:It was well worth staying up for. Another good race from the IndyCar boys.

Karam however... he is a total idiot. Drives like one and acts like one. a liability on the track, can't overtake properly, just by divebombing or leaving no racing room (seen right here, against Ed). He likes to block too and takes no responsibility for being a dick.
Seeing what Power and Franchitti could get away with, no official action will happen. He will cause a big ass wreck before realizing what he is doing is unsafe.

Disliked him before, but really hate that kid now.

See I had the opposite view, since it was against Special Ed, who is dead slow and only still racing since he owns the team (hell he only got into Indy period by being the spawn of the Antichrist). I like it when somebody rattles Ed's cage, which considering how much he whines, doesn't take much.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Wallio wrote:
Rabbi Gordon wrote:It was well worth staying up for. Another good race from the IndyCar boys.

Karam however... he is a total idiot. Drives like one and acts like one. a liability on the track, can't overtake properly, just by divebombing or leaving no racing room (seen right here, against Ed). He likes to block too and takes no responsibility for being a dick.
Seeing what Power and Franchitti could get away with, no official action will happen. He will cause a big ass wreck before realizing what he is doing is unsafe.

Disliked him before, but really hate that kid now.

See I had the opposite view, since it was against Special Ed, who is dead slow and only still racing since he owns the team (hell he only got into Indy period by being the spawn of the Antichrist). I like it when somebody rattles Ed's cage, which considering how much he whines, doesn't take much.

I'm no fan of Carpenter either, but what Karam does is outrageous. It doesn't matter who is he doing his shite against, it is infuriating and worrying at the same time.
Also the way Karam responds to others is seriously dickish.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Karam drives like he's racing stock cars. Like a little rub is nothing to worry about. Which is fine... when you're racing stock cars. Not IndyCars. Even if he doesn't actually hit anyone, he could still cause a crash by forcing people to evade him like he has been doing.

Tony Stewart had the same issue, I think.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:

Yes he did, and he is looked back upon (correctly) as one of the Top 10 or 15 Indycar Champions and the greatest driver to come out of the IRL. Give Sage time. He has mad talent, and is fearless. He'll go places.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Yes he did, and he is looked back upon (correctly) as one of the Top 10 or 15 Indycar Champions and the greatest driver to come out of the IRL. Give Sage time. He has mad talent, and is fearless. He'll go places.

I dunno, I think Stewart in IRL was a little overrated, honestly - when he was winning in IRL, it was basically him, Buddy Lazier, and nobody else really worth mentioning. He only beat Davey Hamilton by 6 points to win his title. He always struck me as a guy who belonged in NASCAR, not IndyCar.

I don't doubt that Karam has guts and speed, that much is obvious. I'm just worried that he'll cause a nasty crash.
Everything's great.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/indycar-issues-strict-code-of-conduct-for-drivers

Murica pls. Stop going all Europe. That's never a good thing.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

It's have been updated: http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/ ... uct-policy

People is just too negative. So blame whoever intepret it the negative way
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

As long as they keep enforcing it as they just did, I'm ok with it. You can hash shite out between drivers, but you can't throw the series under the bus, which honestly, which one of us could publicly bash our employers in the media and get away with it?

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

And this article sums up the new IndyCar laws best.
http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/it ... is-awesome
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

roblomas52 wrote:And this article sums up the new IndyCar laws best.

Why there's people like this in the world. If they like to think negative, 6-21-3-11 OFF
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:

Why there's people like this in the world. If they like to think negative, 6-21-3-11 OFF

Tell me: How can you expect something to ever improve if you can't acknowledge something that's bad about it?
Everything's great.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

Tell me: How can you expect something to ever improve if you can't acknowledge something that's bad about it?

I will appreciated it if they tell it in a polite way, not the make-fun way or even fuming.
tommykl has a stroke
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AxelP800 wrote:
Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:Why there's people like this in the world. If they like to think negative, 6-21-3-11 OFF

I will appreciated it if they tell it in a polite way, not the make-fun way or even fuming.

If you cannot appreciate a decent bit of satire and parody, you are broken as a human being. This is your problem and not theirs! It deserves to be lambasted.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

LOOOOLLLLLL
tommykl has a stroke
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Autosport is reporting that Alessandro Zanardi is wishing to compete at the Indy 500, most likely wishing to pair up with Chip Ganassi again. They say that as a ChampCar was adapted for Alex to drive at Lausitz two years after his accident, it should also be possible for a DW12 to be adapted for his use. If this happens, I would be following his progress keenly.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

dr-baker wrote:Autosport is reporting that Alessandro Zanardi is wishing to compete at the Indy 500.

Oh please no...
AMAZING man off the track, but always a bit of a douche on it and overly aggressive every time he raced (not only) on an oval.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Not so sure if this is a good idea because of how would he get out of the car quickly if necessary? I guess team owners would agree with that.

Driving the pace car, however, would be big, too.

And now, let's focus back on the ongoing season. Mid-Ohio is up next this weekend. Given how racy the current car went at Barber, this is going to be one to watch.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FFS IndyCar, wait for the field to be lined up properly before you throw the green - it's not that hard. :roll:

And screw you, Power.
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

come on, Colletti, this aint rallycross. that's twice in 4 laps he's off and saved
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

So, Rahal might win this title after all. Damn, despite not liking him, it's a like a bubble bursted inside him, and he became one of the best drivers on the grid. And, according to Shadaza, he qualifies for a super license. Haas drive confirmed. :P
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

nome66

Post by nome66 »

very well deserved win for Graham Rahal. congrats.
very well deserved ROTR for Charlie Kimbal for spinning off 3 times, twice in the same corner. congrats.

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I missed the last half of the race. Surprised to see Rahal winning again. Zero to Hero in a space of one season.

Dixon's bad lucky strikes again.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Dj_bereta wrote:I missed the last half of the race. Surprised to see Rahal winning again. Zero to Hero in a space of one season.

BAD? Dixon had amazing luck with a convenient spin from his useless-for-anything-else teammate Karam.

So, Rahal is doing what? After this race last year, he was EIGHTEENTH in points. Now he is only 9 points from the lead.
Albeit the cautions worked out for him very well, he proved that he was one of the fastest drivers out there and would have had a better grid position if... surprise, surprise idiot Karam didn't hold him up during qualifying. Karam's reaction? "I didn't get a penalty, so it wasn't blocking." Words can't describe how I hate that little prick who was running at the very end of the pack all race, proving once again that he doesn't belong here.

Coletti caused his weekly caution and had another 2 runoffs. What the hell is he doing this year? He's been utter shite.

Too bad Newgarden couldn't get a finish he deserved, but at least Coyne got another good finish (6th) from Vautier.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Just a reminder - after the Indy 500 last year, Rahal had less points than Kurt Busch.
Everything's great.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:I missed the last half of the race. Surprised to see Rahal winning again. Zero to Hero in a space of one season.

BAD? Dixon had amazing luck with a convenient spin from his useless-for-anything-else teammate Karam.

Yes, bad lucky. He was in the way for an easy win (plus, Rahal and Montoya outside of top 5) until the second caution.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

i think Karam needs two extra seasons of Pro Mazda and Indy Lights.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

He's already an Indy Lights champion though, what else can he learn from there?
Everything's great.
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

nome66 wrote:i think Karam needs two extra seasons of Pro Mazda and Indy Lights.

Honestly, he needs a good punch in the face.

nome66

Post by nome66 »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:
nome66 wrote:i think Karam needs two extra seasons of Pro Mazda and Indy Lights.

Honestly, he needs a good punch in the face.

poor Ganassi hired a guy that clearly can't handle the pressure of being on a big-money team.
it's as if Mercedes hired a pizza delivery driver.

Salamander wrote:He's already an Indy Lights champion though, what else can he learn from there?

doesn't necessarily mean he should move on. i won a trap-shooting contest, should i be a marine sniper?
even sebastien savedra went back to indy lights after the 2011 season in an indycar. Willy T Ribbs went down a step or two on the ladder as well recently, having had all that Trans Am and IMSA success.

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Graham Rahal for his IndyCar race victory at Mid-Ohio yesterday, and thanks to Team Rahal for making the championship all that much closer again.

Here are the Verizon IndyCar Series' completely unofficial (Title Sponsor Pending) Mario Andretti Road & Street Course Trophy points standings after the antepenultimate round of the season at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course:

1 Will Power 263
2 Graham Rahal 261
3 Juan Pablo Montoya 260
4 Helio Castroneves 257
5 Scott Dixon 243
6 Sebastien Bourdais 233
7 Josef Newgarden 233
8 Tony Kanaan 222
9 Simon Pagenaud 206
10 Marco Andretti 205
11 Carlos Muñoz 189
12 Ryan Hunter-Reay 178
13 Luca Filippi 170
14 Takuma Sato 158
15 Jack Hawksworth 156
16 Gabby Chaves (R) 138
17 Charlie Kimball 133
18 James Jakes 131
19 James Hinchcliffe 129
20 Stefano Coletti (R) 112
21 Tristan Vautier (R) 87
22 Sage Karam (R) 75
23 Conor Daly (R) 61
24 Justin Wilson 47
25 Sebastian Saavedra 47
26 Francesco Dracone (R) 38
27 Rodolfo Gonzalez (R) 33
28 Carlos Huertas 31
29 Ryan Briscoe 12
30 JR Hildebrand 9
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

nome66 wrote:
Salamander wrote:He's already an Indy Lights champion though, what else can he learn from there?

doesn't necessarily mean he should move on. i won a trap-shooting contest, should i be a marine sniper?
even sebastien savedra went back to indy lights after the 2011 season in an indycar. Willy T Ribbs went down a step or two on the ladder as well recently, having had all that Trans Am and IMSA success.

Yeah but if he's already a champion there, what is there to gain by him staying there? By all rights, Indy Lights is supposed to be the last stop before a driver is ready for IndyCar.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Robin Miller makes a very interesting point, that ever since the rule change that increased downforce came about (restricting Chevy teams quite a bit) Honda and especially RLL have been on fire. Before the change? Honda was threatening to leave the series (they only signed on for 3 years), now all of a sudden HPD has confirmed signing a new deal is "a priority". Hmmmm.

Stands Up.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

ALESHIN'S BACK :D

Granted, it's only for Sonoma, driving the third Schmidt car, but this is fantastic news.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Road America 2016: confirmed.

:D

nome66

Post by nome66 »

yesyesyesyesyesyes...... yes

Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Miguel98 wrote:Road America 2016: confirmed.

:D

:dance: Bathplug yes :dance:
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

And now Phoenix. No signed deal yet, but track confirms it will be April 2nd and run 250 miles. It's Happening!

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Fontana won't be happening next season.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Fontana won't be happening next season.

Poor Norberto...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Fontana won't be happening next season.

Poor Norberto...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12027 ... -to-return
No, this is what I am referring to.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote: