Ponderbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Rob Dylan

Re: Ponderbox

Post by Rob Dylan »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Turkey: an anonymous career... for a racetrack?

A lot of undelivered potential I think. On the other hand, definitely oversold. On paper it was good, but there's very few things I can remember about the track, with the exception of Fisichella first-lap shenanigans and certain future world champions crashing into their teammates.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Rob Dylan wrote:A lot of undelivered potential I think. On the other hand, definitely oversold. On paper it was good, but there's very few things I can remember about the track, with the exception of Fisichella first-lap shenanigans and certain future world champions crashing into their teammates.

Of course it looks good on paper. "Let's copy Interlagos," is an easy sell to motorsport fans after all. However, reality tends to bite.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:A lot of undelivered potential I think. On the other hand, definitely oversold. On paper it was good, but there's very few things I can remember about the track, with the exception of Fisichella first-lap shenanigans and certain future world champions crashing into their teammates.

Of course it looks good on paper. "Let's copy Interlagos," is an easy sell to motorsport fans after all. However, reality tends to bite.

Copies tend to be viewed poorly in general. That is why that copying corners or other features from other tracks was never a good strategy. Imagine if the entire F1 season was only run in Interlagos. With 18 clones of Barrichello as drivers...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
Klon wrote:

Copies tend to be viewed poorly in general. That is why that copying corners or other features from other tracks was never a good strategy. Imagine if the entire F1 season was only run in Interlagos. With 18 clones of Barrichello as drivers...

However, replace 18 Barrichello clones with 18 Ayrton Senna clones, and that could well be worth watching!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:However, replace 18 Barrichello clones with 18 Ayrton Senna clones, and that could well be worth watching!

Well, maybe. But overtaking manoeuvres would most probably end up in retirement for one or both Sennas. And most likely you would end up getting bored only because of lack of variety.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:However, replace 18 Barrichello clones with 18 Ayrton Senna clones, and that could well be worth watching!

Well, maybe. But overtaking manoeuvres would most probably end up in retirement for one or both Sennas. And most likely you would end up getting bored only because of lack of variety.

OK, 5 Ayrtons, 5 Alain Prosts, then 5 Bruno Sennas and 5 Nicolas Prosts?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

OK, 5 Ayrtons, 5 Alain Prosts, then 5 Bruno Sennas and 5 Nicolas Prosts?

Not bad that. You would have the surviving Alain or Senna topping the game after a streak of clashes between the seniors, then you would have the 5 Brunos and the 5 Nicolas in an hopeless fight to emerge from anonymous midfielder status.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

DanielPT wrote:

10 Taki Inoue clones + 10 J-D Délétraz clones, however, would work fine. In a spec Andrea Moda series (Life's are too predictable)
On the other hand, mushrooms get you the same results for lar less money.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

10 Taki Inoue clones + 10 J-D Délétraz clones, however, would work fine. In a spec Andrea Moda series (Life's are too predictable)
On the other hand, mushrooms get you the same results for lar less money.

Could we chuck one or two Yuji Ides into that mix, or would that be the equivalent of adding some Lifes into the mix? Maybe have some Mastercard Lolas into the mix instead?
MCard LOLA
tBone

Post by tBone »

What about one Tarso Marques in a Formula Ford chassis? Will he stand a chance?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tBone wrote:What about one Tarso Marques in a Formula Ford chassis? Will he stand a chance?

He'll probably win every single race. Unless if he got caught out by lapping Délétraz.
We also need Jean Ragnotti to drive the safety car.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

This wrote:
tBone wrote:What about one Tarso Marques in a Formula Ford chassis? Will he stand a chance?

He'll probably win every single race. Unless if he got caught out by lapping Délétraz.

We should get that crazy Mayor of Pau who crashed the pace car into Franz Engstler in the WTCC to drive it instead.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:
This wrote:

We should get that crazy Mayor of Pau who crashed the pace car into Franz Engstler in the WTCC to drive it instead.

Because Ragnotti crashed into Inoue. With 10 Inoue clones, it's always a gamble which clone he's going to hit!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

The thing is... Marques wasn't a bad driver, at all. :P

He would probably rekt Inoue, or Deletraz for that matter, everyday of the week.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Race in Interlagos with 18 Rubens Barrichellos = no one would finish because everyone's car would fail while set for victory.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Bleu wrote:Race in Interlagos with 18 Rubens Barrichellos = no one would finish because everyone's car would fail while set for victory.

Hunt the Shunt wrote:Well, we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past, and we don't seem to be getting one...

Sir Murray the Excitable wrote:And round Junção comes Rubens Barrichello, surely, to win the Brazilian Gra... AAAAAAAAAAND OFF! OOOOOOOH! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! RUBENS BARRICHELLO CRASHES AT THE LAST CORNER!

Toshihiro Suzuki wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RUBEN BARIKERO CRASHUUUUU CRASHUUUUUUUU!!! AAAAAAAH!

Heiko Waser wrote:Unfall mit Barrichello.

Murray wrote:COME ON, HEIKO! ISN'T THIS EXCITING?

Heiko wrote:Nein.

Klon wrote:*very, very loud German obscenities for six hours non-stop*
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Jacques Schulz wrote:UNFAAALLLLL BARRICHELLLLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUS!!!!!
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Jonathan Legard wrote:Oh problems there for Barrichello! That's a problem for him!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Matti Kyllönen wrote:Barrichello...BARRICHELLO ON HIDASTUMASSA! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKA! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKA! HAKKINEN VOITTAA!!!!!!!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Antonio Lobato wrote:Ojo, Barrichello fuera, ¿eh?, ATENCIÓN, BARRICHELLO FUERA, FERNANDO SE PONE LÍDER, GUAU GUAU GUAU, QUÉ INMENSO MAGIC ALONSO, QUÉ GRANDE, EL REY DE REYES, VAMOS FERNANDO, ESPAÑA ESTÁ CONTIGO, ETERNO EL PROFESOR ALONSO, TOMA, TOMA, TOMA, TOMA, TOMA!
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gaëtan Vigneron wrote:Et ohlalalalala! C'est un accident de la part de notre ami Rubens qui ne méritait pas ça du tout! Pilote très sympathique, ce brésilien, que je connais d'ailleurs très bien, ayant fait mes débuts dans le paddock la même année que lui en 1993. Depuis, il a participé à plus de 300 Grands Prix, en remportant dix, et en tant que spectateur neutre, il faut quand même pleindre le pauvre Rubens.

Generic French commentator wrote:Et pendant ce temps, en GP2, Arthur Pic a atteint une fantastique douzième position!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

José Miguel Barros wrote:... este ano os pneus estão a misturar a grelha da Formula 1. A Mercedes adaptou-se melhor, mas a Red Bull tem um carro à altura e se o desenvolver poderá ainda ter hipótese de ganhar mais corridas...

*Rubens Barrichello crashes while leading*

José Miguel Barros wrote:... e talvez ainda de lutar pelo título, quem sabe. Entretanto parece haver nova volta mais rápida...

Tiago Monteiro wrote:Sim, mas parece que o Rubens acaba de se despistar em quanto liderava e assim é uma grande pena. É um amigo com quem simpatizo muito.

José Miguel Barros wrote:... eheu... bom, se assim for é dramático para ele... São os pneus a revelarem-se decisivos mais uma vez. A Pirelli disse que...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

All we need now is Palik. Where's Shizuka?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Jonathan Legard speaking at a million miles an hour wrote:And here comes Barrichello, up the hill, what can he do? Here is the man in form, and this is crucial! Going round the curb, turns left, turns right, joining the battle, he's on a charge now! Barrich- is that Barrichello? No sorry it's Raikkonen. Oh wait sorry yes it is Barrichello! Either way there's a problem there. And suddenly it's all gone wrong for him, and this could be crucial for the championship!

Writing this made me realise how much I miss the hilarity of Jonathan Legard.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Heiko Waser wrote:Unfall mit Barrichello.

Christian Danner wrote:Jesos Maria!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

watka wrote:All we need now is Palik. Where's Shizuka?

You called? :P
Too bad he retired from everything :(

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:
Matti Kyllönen wrote:Paritsello...PARITSELLO HYYTYY! MIKA! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKAAAA HÄKKINEN! HÄKKINEN VOITTAA!!!!!!!

Fix'd. :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Remember Barrichello's pass on Barrichello? That was crazy.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Murray walker wrote:In this all-Barichello race, we have Barichello and Barichello sharing the front row, and Michael Schumacher in second!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Imagine how action-packed a race would be at Turkey with only Fisichellas? I can also imagine them all lining up in the wrong grid slots at Malaysia and delaying the start by 15 minutes :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
Murray walker wrote:In this all-Barichello race, we have Barichello and Barichello sharing the front row, and Michael Schumacher in second!

Was this in the two-seater Ferrari F1 car that Autosport ran with as lead story on 1st April 1999?
MCard LOLA
danfilm007

Post by danfilm007 »

Dan 'the cockney# Marr's take on it wrote: Oh dear, there's problems for Michael Schumacher there, he's of the race (30 seconds later) Wait, that's not Schumi, that's Barrichello! I'm doing well today folks!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Rob Dylan wrote:Imagine how action-packed a race would be at Turkey with only Fisichellas? I can also imagine them all lining up in the wrong grid slots at Malaysia and delaying the start by 15 minutes :D

Still better than a race with 20 Trulli's in Valencia.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:Imagine how action-packed a race would be at Turkey with only Fisichellas? I can also imagine them all lining up in the wrong grid slots at Malaysia and delaying the start by 15 minutes :D

Nothing wrong with a Bernoldi train in Monaco though... Or was that a Bernoldi blockage?
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:

Nothing wrong with a Bernoldi train in Monaco though... Or was that a Bernoldi blockage?

20 Apicellas in Monza, shortest race EVER
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rob Dylan wrote:Image

Aw here, gonnae no dae that. Now you've got me binge watching Still Game again daein hee-haw instead of ma work. Skelp roond the the ear fur ye.

Image Image
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

20 Luizzis in Monza, shortest race EVER

Fixed
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

WeirdKerr wrote:

20 Luizzis in Monza, shortest race EVER

Fixed

Nah. Half the field would get taken out on lap 1. The other half would continue, simultaneously running fourth throughout the race before retiring at the same time.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:20 Apicellas in Monza, shortest race EVER

No, I can do shorter.

20 Martin Brundles at Silverstone!

Image Image