RIP Manor Racing (2010-2017)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
mario

Re: The Marussia Thread

Post by mario »

AndreaModa wrote:So day 1 of the auction took place today. I kept one eye on it whilst at work, and I have to say, something seems a bit odd about it all. £160 RRP race boots bought for £220 plus VAT. Six notebooks for £200. All very inflated prices, so absolutely no chance that I was coming out of it with anything - not that it bothers me too much, I have enough Marussia merch already! It almost seemed like there was a bit of artificial inflation going on.

The sad thing was the race cars from last year fetched £52k (Max) and £54k (Jules) which is an absolute steal when you consider the price that some old F1 cars go for on eBay. To buy such a recent F1 car for that sort of money is madness. Craig Scarborough commented on Twitter that they were the only bargains of the whole day!

Anyone else feeling brave enough to admit they paid crazy money for something? ;)

I guess that it was a situation where most people can afford something like a pair of racing boots but, by comparison, the old cars themselves would appeal to a more limited customer base - the resultant competition for the lower priced items therefore pushing those prices up more rapidly, but the higher value cars being contested by fewer bidders and therefore going for a relative bargain.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AndreaModa wrote:So day 1 of the auction took place today. I kept one eye on it whilst at work, and I have to say, something seems a bit odd about it all. £160 RRP race boots bought for £220 plus VAT. Six notebooks for £200. All very inflated prices, so absolutely no chance that I was coming out of it with anything - not that it bothers me too much, I have enough Marussia merch already! It almost seemed like there was a bit of artificial inflation going on.

The sad thing was the race cars from last year fetched £52k (Max) and £54k (Jules) which is an absolute steal when you consider the price that some old F1 cars go for on eBay. To buy such a recent F1 car for that sort of money is madness. Craig Scarborough commented on Twitter that they were the only bargains of the whole day!

Anyone else feeling brave enough to admit they paid crazy money for something? ;)

Apparently Gene Haas bought one of the cars.
#FreeGonzo
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Simtek wrote:

Apparently Gene Haas bought one of the cars.

The 2016 Haas will be 2 MarussiHaas

*HUEHUEHUEHUE...*
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

More likely he wants it as a show car.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Captain Hammer wrote:More likely he wants it as a show car.

Pirelli bought one of HRT's old chassis for the same purpose, but couldn't find any of their show rooms that wanted it :lol:
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Captain Hammer wrote:More likely he wants it as a show car.

Next thing you know, Tony Stewart tries to squeeze his body in it.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

List of Marussia creditors:

Also Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Glock, Shanghai, Catalunya, FIA and FOM are in the list..so sad :(
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

If I was AEM Products I'd be pissed right now.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
mario

Post by mario »

f1andrea wrote:List of Marussia creditors:

Also Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Glock, Shanghai, Catalunya, FIA and FOM are in the list..so sad :(

Given that Timo Glock's name features quite high up the list, it suggests that perhaps he hadn't been fully paid off when Marussia pushed him out of the team a few years ago in favour of Chilton, which can only add insult to injury. I can also imagine that the inhabitants of Cherwell will not be pleased to see that their council was owed over £56,000 from the team that will now have to be written off...

I imagine that both Ferrari and McLaren will be smarting a bit from the losses that they've made there - there was an article in The Telegraph that indicated that is just the list of unsecured creditors, so it doesn't include a further debt of around £13.2 million that was owed to Lloyds Development Capital. However, even Lloyds will be having to write off most of that debt, since Marussia's assets and current account comes to about £2.2 million - the unsecured creditors, meanwhile, can forget all hopes of payment. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... -team.html
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Ferrari have nobody to blame but themselves - they pass as much of the costs on to customers as they canm
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

mario wrote:I can also imagine that the inhabitants of Cherwell will not be pleased to see that their council was owed over £56,000 from the team that will now have to be written off...

If the fools sat round the table at Cherwell District Council had any sense, they would have written that amount off ages ago as a goodwill gesture to keep the team (and thus roughly 200 of its council tax-paying citizens, plus suppliers - a whole load of the companies in that list are in the Banbury area) in employment and out of dole queues.

For what it's worth though, I understand motorsport teams are some of the worst when it comes to invoices and paying creditors, even before trouble like what has happened to Marussia. I know that Prodrive for instance take a serious amount of chasing up just to pay for small amounts of work carried out by other companies for them. Unfortunately I suspect it's crept into the ideology of how these operation are run, hence why so many are owed money by Marussia in the list above.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

John Booth does not give up just yet.
Latin proverb says that fortune favours the bold. Don't we all wish for this to be true for Marussia/Manor :(
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

I really hope they can be on the grid on 2015, but if this will happen, would be more than a miracle at this point, they have probably (because is not official) sold their factory, would be a crazy resurrection
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

this happened two days ago

Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

f1andrea wrote:this happened two days ago

*chair begins shaking*
The F1 paddock intensifies!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Rob Dylan wrote:

[img]image[/img]

*chair begins shaking*

Have they started a moving company?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Do we know whereabouts that truck was spotted? I suspect it was probably just the buyers moving it to a new location.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

DanielPT wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:

[img]image[/img]

*chair begins shaking*

need either barn style doors or an roller door really on a moving van (I work for a moving company)
tumbano

Post by tumbano »

New auction is up, with 2014 cars, btw what's this car???

"Marrusia V10 F1 race car, Chassis number MFIT-DC001"

http://cagp.auctionhq.net/view-auctions ... lot/45751/

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

WeirdKerr wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:*chair begins shaking*

need either barn style doors or an roller door really on a moving van (I work for a moving company)

Somehow, I though that could be a roller door.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AdrianBelmonte_

tumbano wrote:New auction is up, with 2014 cars, btw what's this car???

"Marrusia V10 F1 race car, Chassis number MFIT-DC001"

http://cagp.auctionhq.net/view-auctions ... lot/45751/

AFAIK it's a repainted Super Aguri SA06 used for exhibition puropses
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
tBone

Post by tBone »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:AFAIK it's a repainted Super Aguri SA06 used for exhibition puropses

That's right, they run it in Moscow City Racing, I believe.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
AdrianBelmonte_

tBone wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:AFAIK it's a repainted Super Aguri SA06 used for exhibition puropses

The SA06 looks good in Marussia painting, i have to say
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So this is a car that's climbed out of an oily grave... twice? What next - Gene Haas buying it and painting it in his colours for a blast round the New Jersey circuit that never was?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
tBone wrote:

The SA06 looks good in Marussia painting, i have to say

Someone needs to go on a photoshop spree and paint all their favourite reject liveries onto the Super Aguri one. The chassis is just so nice that it suits just about most bright colours.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Bobby Doorknobs

You know what? Bathplug it. That's going to be my new avatar. A Super Aguri in Marussia colours.
#FreeGonzo
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Simtek wrote:You know what? Bathplug it. That's going to be my new avatar. A Super Aguri in Marussia colours.

'Yo dawg, we heard you liked F1 rejects...'

In fact, given that the SA06 was a reworking of the SA05, which was in turn a reworking of the Arrows A23, it's almost a case of a reject chassis, based on a reject chassis which based on a reject chassis, painted in the colours of a reject team...
The Iceman Waiteth
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Backmarker wrote:
Simtek wrote:You know what? Bathplug it. That's going to be my new avatar. A Super Aguri in Marussia colours.

In fact, given that the SA06 was a reworking of the SA05, which was in turn a reworking of the Arrows A23, it's almost a case of a reject chassis, based on a reject chassis which based on a reject chassis, painted in the colours of a reject team...

Reject to the power of 4 equals to awesome.
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

Oh my god, it's crazy..I've never see this car with this colors!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

DanielPT wrote:
Backmarker wrote:

Looking closer, I'm reasonably sure that's Max Chilton driving...reject^5
The Iceman Waiteth
Bobby Doorknobs

Backmarker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

The fact that it's Talent = Reject to the power of infinity.
#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

Simtek wrote:
Backmarker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

The fact that it's Talent = Reject to the power of infinity.

Let's not forget Sakon Yamamoto might have driven this chassis in the past, too.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Backmarker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Backmarker wrote:'Yo dawg, we heard you liked F1 rejects...'

The same car also used to be known once as the Minardi PS04. Never raced, but some parts of it were re-used on the PS04B.
Reject^6
The Shadow of Arrows lives on!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AdrianBelmonte_

This wrote:
Backmarker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

The same car also used to be known once as the Minardi PS04. Never raced, but some parts of it were re-used on the PS04B.
Reject^6

And that Minardi PS04 was tested by Nicolas Kiesa

Reject^7
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
This wrote:
Backmarker wrote:

Reject^6

And that Minardi PS04 was tested by Nicolas Kiesa

Reject^7

And that Minardi PS04 was driven by Gianmaria Bruni.

Reject^8
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

The Marussia auction has been postponed!!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

That awkward moment when people don't get my 'shadow of arrows' pun or think it wasn't funny :cry:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

This wrote:That awkward moment when people don't get my 'shadow of arrows' pun or think it wasn't funny :cry:

I'd imagine it was understood. Just reject-based maths takes priority as we aim to take one joke as far as possible, before moving onto the next one.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:That awkward moment when people don't get my 'shadow of arrows' pun or think it wasn't funny :cry:

To be perfectly honest, I didn't actually notice you'd written it :P

But now that you mention it, it's a damn good one, especially considering I just read a whole article on Arrows and its creation.

Speaking of puns, I really liked Super Aguri, because unlike the overly British-corporate attitude at the works team, they seemed to have the real Spirit of Honda.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Reject ^8

Reject^9

etc, etc.
But I don't understand. Where does Alex Wurz come into all this?