The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
F1000X

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by F1000X »

nome66 wrote:eh, the clutches in the gearboxes weren't really setup for them anyway.

They make 2-4 pitstops every race, I don't see why a standing start should be a problem.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Whilst the reigning IndyLights Champion Gabby Chaves is set to test for Bryan Herta Autosport next week,
the Man who Singapore Marina's Turn 14 is unofficially named after is busy raising funds for a one-race deal with KVSH Racing in the 2015 season opener at the track named after his father in Brasilia.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Mike Conway won't be driving the Short Bus to victory lane next season. It's to be expected with his WEC commitments, but still. :(

J.R Hildebrand and Conor Daly have been linked with the Short Bus.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

East Londoner wrote:Mike Conway won't be driving the Short Bus to victory lane next season. It's to be expected with his WEC commitments, but still. :(

J.R Hildebrand and Conor Daly have been linked with the Short Bus.

So Ed Carpenter is now known as Special Ed.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Rossi in Dale Coyne's decent car next season?

To be honest, I'm more interested in which stooge gets the Coyne paydrivermobile this season, because HUErtas is apparently not returning. Rodolfo Gonzalez is the frontrunner for that seat at present. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
girry

Post by girry »

To be fair to the Coyne paydrivermobile - it has won a race both this year and last year. Mark my words that we should not be surprised to the slightest when Rodolfo starts sipping some milk next year...
when you're dead people start listening
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

giraurd wrote:To be fair to the Coyne paydrivermobile - it has won a race both this year and last year. Mark my words that we should not be surprised to the slightest when Rodolfo starts sipping some milk next year...

HUErtas won in Houston only because Wilson ran himself out of fuel, and because Graham Rahal went full retard. And it won last year because they had Mike Conway driving, a.k.a. the guy who won twice for Ed Carpenter this year. You can't really count anyone out in IndyCar, though, to be fair; I mean, at one point it looked like even Saavedra might've had a shot at Iowa.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Salamander wrote:
giraurd wrote:To be fair to the Coyne paydrivermobile - it has won a race both this year and last year. Mark my words that we should not be surprised to the slightest when Rodolfo starts sipping some milk next year...

HUErtas won in Houston only because Wilson ran himself out of fuel, and because Graham Rahal went full retard. And it won last year because they had Mike Conway driving, a.k.a. the guy who won twice for Ed Carpenter this year. You can't really count anyone out in IndyCar, though, to be fair; I mean, at one point it looked like even Saavedra might've had a shot at Iowa.

And the one-offs of Sage Karam, Townsend Bell, and Kurt Busch having either been the fastest car on track or in the top 5 in the 500 proper. Bell even led some laps.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:And the one-offs of Sage Karam, Townsend Bell, and Kurt Busch having either been the fastest car on track or in the top 5 in the 500 proper. Bell even led some laps.

No thanks to James Hinchcliffe for taking out him and Ed Carpenter.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

EuroInternational planning to enter Indy Lights. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117376

At least it's Indy Lights and not Indycar, as they did as Euromotorsport. :lol:
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

golic_2004 wrote:EuroInternational planning to enter Indy Lights. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117376

Weren't they sponsored by Andrea Moda when in IndyCar? IIRC F1 Reject Andrea Montermini drove an Andrea Moda sponsored car for them at some races in 1993.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:
golic_2004 wrote:EuroInternational planning to enter Indy Lights. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117376

Weren't they sponsored by Andrea Moda when in IndyCar? IIRC F1 Reject Andrea Montermini drove an Andrea Moda sponsored car for them at some races in 1993.

Not only did Montermini drive for them. He unrejectified himself for them.

Oh, and here's a link to a thread where that was discussed: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3092
#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Look who's aiming to race for Carlin in 2016.

Please excuse me whilst I mark out big time. Talent for the 2016 IndyCar title? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I've got some bad news. Brian Brainfart is back as race director in IndyCar. :o
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/20 ... /22468501/
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

no. i won't. nope. no. why? no.

also, any news from Cosi? or are they just teasing us again, like they have been since they left?
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Even more bad news: The Brasilia IndyCar race has been cancelled. :(
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -canceled/
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:Even more bad news: The Brasilia IndyCar race has been cancelled. :(

Why did the organisers pick Brasillia in the first place when they could have gone to somewhere like Interlagos or Curitiba instead?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:Even more bad news: The Brasilia IndyCar race has been cancelled. :(

Why did the organisers pick Brasillia in the first place when they could have gone to somewhere like Interlagos or Curitiba instead?

There's no way in hell the FIA would let them use Interlagos and Curitiba is crap.
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

won't let them use Interlagos? it's almost like the early 90's and CART.

the FIA is afraid of being outdrawn

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:I've got some bad news. Brian Brainfart is back as race director in IndyCar. :o

Both of that sucks, to say the least.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

In brighter news, CFH confirmed today that Luca Filippi will be driving the 20 on road and street courses, replacing Conway.
Everything's great.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Yannick wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:I've got some bad news. Brian Brainfart is back as race director in IndyCar. :o

Both of that sucks, to say the least.

I'd say the guys over at Crapwagon.com are absolutely loving all this bad news for IndyCar...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Well, I'm not surprised. Brasilia circuit was in a very bad condition, only receiving national races, like Brazilian Stock car. Plus, they choose the worst track layout for the race. The short circuit is way better.

I think Interlagos is the best choice for Indy in Brazil, but I don't know if Indy can race in F1 tracks.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

Dj_bereta wrote:
I think Interlagos is the best choice for Indy in Brazil, but I don't know if Indy can race in F1 tracks.

not outside the USA, i dont think. someone on here knows im sure

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Gabby Chaves is confirmed at Bryan Herta. I wonder if we'll finally work out if Gabby is a man or a woman this year? :P

(London pls, etc etc).
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

East Londoner wrote:Gabby Chaves is confirmed at Bryan Herta. I wonder if we'll finally work out if Gabby is a man or a woman this year? :P

(London pls, etc etc).

Here's to welcoming 2014 IndyLights Champion Gabriel Chaves to Bryan Herta Autosport.

I guess it won't be long until Dale Coyne Racing announces its drivers for this year, too. We probably only have to wait until the evening before the first official practise session, just as always! ;-) But really, this is exciting because both Coyne cars can win race: the #18 has got 3 wins, and the #19 has got one: Wilson has won in both cars while Conway and Huertas have both won once in #18.

The 4th Ganassi entry, the 2nd Schmidt, the 4th Andretti and the 2nd KVSH entry are still to be announced.
Rumours have Sage Karam as the first in line at Ganassi, Simona DeSilvestro as the first in line at Schmidt, and Justin Wilson as the first in line at Andretti. Yet who might the KVSH ride go to?
Ryan Briscoe is probably off to sportscars, though. And there's been nothing new from Oriol Servia either.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yannick wrote:I guess it won't be long until Dale Coyne Racing announces its drivers for this year, too. We probably only have to wait until the evening before the first official practise session, just as always! ;-)

I've heard Alex Rossi visited the team a month or two back, he could have a shot.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

nome66 wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:

One of the stipulations for getting a Grand Prix is that you can't host an Indycar race. Montreal has worked around this but I'm not sure how. COTA has said that it is in their contract. Although strangely teams can test there......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Wallio wrote:
nome66 wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:

One of the stipulations for getting a Grand Prix is that you can't host an Indycar race. Montreal has worked around this but I'm not sure how. COTA has said that it is in their contract. Although strangely teams can test there......

Not sure if teams can test at COTA because it was a manufacturer test when the spy shots of the Chevy aerokit were taken. So the contract clearly allows manufacturer testing.

Montreal, Mexico City, Interlagos, COTA - they all should host both IndyCar AND F1. And the two series should join forces for the NYC GP at the Weehawken/New Jersey street circuit, too, with IndyCar running their race on the Saturday, after the F1 qualifying. That would be awesome and really worth the price of attendance even for the spoiled NYC crowd who have so many choices on what they could do every day.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

or the meadowlands. bit better than being in nose-shot of "decent" quality water

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It looks like, over at Andretti Autosport, former Scuderia Toro Rosso driver and Red Bull American F1 Idol TM Scott Speed fits the mold!

With this site's author since having retired from this very website, it remains to be seen though, if Speed is ever going to get a profile of his own on f1rejects.com in spite of being eligible for one.

So is it Justin Wilson vs Scott Speed for the 4th Andretti seat now? The rumors say this seat fitting was just for testing but the longer I have looked at this picture, the better he fits the mold.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Speed drives for Andretti in Rallycross, if they'd intended to stick him in IndyCar they'dve given him a go by now. No reason to go for him when he's doing well for them there, and Wilson is more talented than him anyway.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Speed finished runner up in the GRXC last year for AA. Plus he's due a few outings in Formula Prius if Mikey is to be believed. That wouldn't leave much time for an Indy ride, unless it was just for Indy itself.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
nome66

Post by nome66 »

most likely, just the 500 mile run.

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Whilst this board was AWOL, James Jakes has been signed up to drive the 2nd Schmidt/Peterson-Honda. And Sage Karam has been announced for the #8 Ganassi-Chevy for the season opener at St. Petersburg, Florida.

And Alex Rossi is not joining Dale Coyne Racing but back in GP2 instead.

Now how can I write a reply here and not over there on the "We're Back" thread? I'd like to thank you guys for bringing this back, and in the correct thread at that!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Stefano Coletti will drive the second KV alongside BORDAS. He's a step up or two from Saavedra, I'll give him that...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

East Londoner wrote:Stefano Coletti will drive the second KV alongside BORDAS. He's a step up or two from Saavedra, I'll give him that...

Here's hoping that Coletti will be able to score some good results with this car, as it does not yet have a history of being a winner, much unlike the 2nd Dale Coyne entry, surprisingly.

Also, it's going to be intersting to have a Monegasque driver race in the Indy 500 this year, on the very same day as the Monaco GP in his hometown.

Regarding Sebastian Saavedra, he might still be on the grid with his AFS sponsorship anyway. And if it's not in one of the Coyne cars, there still may be other team owners who are able to field an additional car if the driver brings the budget.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yannick wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Stefano Coletti will drive the second KV alongside BORDAS. He's a step up or two from Saavedra, I'll give him that...

Here's hoping that Coletti will be able to score some good results with this car

He won't. Coletti's to-date career-defining moment was opening the 2013 GP2 season with 3 wins and 6 podiums in the first 8 races, taking a commanding championship lead... before spending the rest of the season out in the wilderness apart from one other podium. Last year he was never even remotely in contention. Coleltti is a stooge through and through.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simona de Silvestro is returning to IndyCar for the first round in St Petersberg in a fourth Andretti Autosport entry. After this week, I'll bet she's glad she's left Sauber!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

With both the body kits out now, it will be interesting to see which is faster. Both look cobbled together frankly. The Chevy wing has to be draggy as f**k all and Honda is bragging about how much they used their 2000s F1 experience in design. Why in God's name would you brag about that?

First test with the new units is tomorrow. 23 cars signed up.