odd trouble with forum

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: odd trouble with forum

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:It seems logical then to assume the board software isn't up to date and thus vulnerable to these sorts of attacks.

That assumption is correct: we're using phpBB 3.0.11 while the newest version is 3.0.12. I sent an email to Jamie asking for the update to be applied almost a year ago, but so far nothing has happened.

And yes, I'm getting terrible lag as well.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Simtek wrote:I tried opening up a thread and before I knew it I ended up here: http://letter.charlesbocage.info/?PHPSS ... DM1ZjBkZGE

This page attempts to run something that is based on Java. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Twice today now, I've been redirected to help dot bnb education services dot com. Otherwise, I am still seeing avatars and stuff. (And still getting the dodgy tabs, but that's an old problem.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Now the forum no longer comes up when I google it.
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:Twice today now, I've been redirected to help dot bnb education services dot com.

Yeah me too.
Just For One Day...
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Twice today now, I've been redirected to help dot bnb education services dot com.

Yeah me too.

Funny. That hasnt happened to me before. Yet.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ataxia wrote:There might be a wee issue here...look at the bottom left.

http://www.formularejects.com/uploader/ ... ouston.png

If you've got this far, I assume you've experienced a painfully slow loading time to get through the posts. I don't know what the hell's going on here, but the forum's very ill indeed. Pretty sure it's ebola.

So this is why I got some 403 errors when making the IIDOTR posts? And even now that jcordero.com is seen while I type this post...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpKKOzhAS8

I am sick and tired with the haphazard management of this place. People have been crying out to help and fix things, and our calls have been ignored time and time again, this place being sent into an ever worsening state of decay. The place is becoming dangerous, like a smoker who's been having 20 a day and has now entered their 50s. Their heart might stop being able to pump blood any minute now.

Please, for the love of god Jamie, start addressing our concerns! Please do something! Whether it be fix everything yourself, or hand everything over to a group of us who know what we are doing (and some of us really do...). The website and its forum are rapidly becoming uninhabitable.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Still being annoyingly forwarded to some shady link.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Biscione wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpKKOzhAS8

I am sick and tired with the haphazard management of this place. People have been crying out to help and fix things, and our calls have been ignored time and time again, this place being sent into an ever worsening state of decay. The place is becoming dangerous, like a smoker who's been having 20 a day and has now entered their 50s. Their heart might stop being able to pump blood any minute now.

Please, for the love of god Jamie, start addressing our concerns! Please do something! Whether it be fix everything yourself, or hand everything over to a group of us who know what we are doing (and some of us really do...). The website and its forum are rapidly becoming uninhabitable.

Ditto for me.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I can't get on here and read or post unless I clear all my browsing history and clean shite out beforehand, otherwise I get nothing but that BNBeducation thing.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I just tried Googling that bnb education thing, and the first result to come back was a Wikipedia article on bed and breakfasts, followed by that website. Hardly legit if that is the case!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Every time I open a topic, the malicious code reloads every post through "jcordero.com" (and very slowly to boot, presumably because the malicious domain has very little bandwith at its disposal), so the more posts a topic has the longer it takes to load a page.

So yeah, the situation is getting bad.

And since things can hardly get any worse, I'll reveal this:

Let that sink in.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Nuppiz wrote:And since things can hardly get any worse, I'll reveal this:

To me that looks like there's been a falling out.

I'll take this opportunity to say 'goodbye' now as if thats the case I think we're living in the end of days for the forum. Take care, all.
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:

To me that looks like there's been a falling out.

I'll take this opportunity to say 'goodbye' now as if thats the case I think we're living in the end of days for the forum. Take care, all.

Or it's time to build a new ship, since the lower decks are full of bilge rats and questionable cargo...are these pirate metaphors doing any favours?

But yeah, if everyone's willing to up sticks and help with a move to a new land of treasure (okay, I'll stop) then I'm sure that can be arranged.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The domain expires early next year. I fully intend to purchase it myself if it lapses. My only hope is one of us is allowed server-side access to rescue all the content that was on the website before it disappears forever.

F1 Rejects won't die permanently, but, I hope things don't continue in the acrimonious circumstances we are in now.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Oh dear oh dear! Everything looks like it's on the wayback machine, though having just gone onto the Drivers Index, my work internet security just blocked a trojan, so be careful folks. Would be absolutely tragic to loose the good work that Jamie and Enoch have done over the years.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

That's strange... Kuwashima's last visit to the forum shows that it was only a few hours ago. Except if it counts visits also when a banned user tries to log in.

Regardless, I abstain of jumping into any conclusions without knowing a bit more.

Anyway, the forum keeps going despite his symptoms getting worse.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

DanielPT wrote:

That's strange... Kuwashima's last visit to the forum shows that it was only a few hours ago. Except if it counts visits also when a banned user tries to log in.

Regardless, I abstain of jumping into any conclusions without knowing a bit more.

That's because you're reading it wrong. Kuwashima banned eytl (and stripped him from administrative permissions), not the other way around.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Nuppiz wrote:Kuwashima banned eytl (and stripped him from administrative permissions), not the other way around.

It's bloody exciting. It's like an office argument on another floor. I want to know what's gone down, who said what, what's it all about?
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Nuppiz wrote:
DanielPT wrote:That's strange... Kuwashima's last visit to the forum shows that it was only a few hours ago. Except if it counts visits also when a banned user tries to log in.

That's because you're reading it wrong. Kuwashima banned eytl (and stripped him from administrative permissions), not the other way around.

My bad. But it still looks like eytl visited the forum after the banning date, so all my points are still valid.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Let that sink in.

What's that thing you covered up in the second row? IP address? And believe me, the whole issue with Jamie banning Enoch seems to have something to do with the main site. Watch for admin drama and #RejectApocalypse. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

FMecha wrote:And believe me, the whole issue with Jamie banning Enoch seems to have something to do with the main site. Watch for admin drama and #RejectApocalypse. :|

Money, religion or sex? My money's on, er, money. Somethings been sold and someone isnt happy about it.
Just For One Day...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

CoopsII wrote:
FMecha wrote:And believe me, the whole issue with Jamie banning Enoch seems to have something to do with the main site. Watch for admin drama and #RejectApocalypse. :|

Money, religion or sex? My money's on, er, money. Somethings been sold and someone isnt happy about it.

Jamie's official Nigel Mansell tache-trimming kit has gone missing, and he's not happy....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:

My money's on religion. I'll bet Jamie is a Movementarian, Enoch is a Raelian, and somebody came to the door, trying to persuade them to convert to Pastafarianism. But in my opinion, all three cults are out of this world.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sorry for the double-post, BUT...

I have noticed that I seem to be drawn away to a different site the first time I open a thread on returning to the forum, or else each time I return to this thread in particular (usually the HWNSNBM Forum is the first I go to, but it's always the first thread I open, PLUS this thread). Does that help to figure out what's going on?
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:

Let that sink in.

What's that thing you covered up in the second row? IP address?

That would be correct.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

CoopsII wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Kuwashima banned eytl (and stripped him from administrative permissions), not the other way around.

It's bloody exciting. It's like an office argument on another floor. I want to know what's gone down, who said what, what's it all about?

Haha! This so much! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

So probably a silly question, but is it worth me backing up the threads that I want to keep, just in case we go down for good?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The sad thing is that there are people here who are talented IT. Nuppiz, Biscione, Salmander, I do an IT course at college and that is the equivalent of A-Levels and I am predicted to get high grades. The problem is that nothing can be done until others get admin rights.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ha, imagine if this was the end. A quarter of my life on this forum, mad stuff. Would love to know the goss on Jamie and Enoch, I am nosy as anything though.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

This has truly shocked me, I am honestly wondering if it might be time to move on. I will definitely see out the F1RWRS season, but other than that I have little interest in being here right now.

Besides, I probably need to stop going online and procrastinating and start actually doing things in real life
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Thanks for the good and the bad.

Don't know what's going on and why the forum is a security issue but it's triggering a lot of alarms that normally never go off and google is dropping it (though that's not allways accurate).

I'm quietly smug and confident that NoScript can filter out whatever, but at the same time i do agree that this isn't safe or sensible. Hope we keep going somewhere, will keep an eye out. Just wanted to say that. Because even when i was very annoyed or less interested i didn't and still dont wish to discuss F1 anywhere else.

Thanks for the bad and the good. o/
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Google has now started to warn me of the potential dangers of visiting the forum, and so I'll be avoiding the forums altogether for the next few days unless I am on a secure access point. If this is the end, then it's truly been a pleasure to have spent, like shinji, a good chunk of my waking life on this site. If, hopefully, rumors of F1 Rejects' death are greatly exaggerated, than this will all be very funny in a couple of months. if not, well, :?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Biscione, I think it's time to set up F1RejectsV2.

Also, the posts load through something .co.uk now...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

roblomas52 wrote:I do an IT course at college and that is the equivalent of A-Levels and I am predicted to get high grades.

:lol: Yeah, whatever. Come back when you've actually got those grades.
Just For One Day...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

CoopsII wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I do an IT course at college and that is the equivalent of A-Levels and I am predicted to get high grades.

I did the level 2 BTEC last year and got D* overall and that is the equivalent of 3 GCSE's at A* grade.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

roblomas52 wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

I did the level 2 BTEC last year and got D* overall and that is the equivalent of 3 GCSE's at A* grade.

Only a D?

Only kidding, I think a homegrown F1 Rejects run by you boffins is a great idea. It will be a pity if we lose all the information from the main site but, hell, we didnt sit and type it all out. If Jamie and Enoch are happy to let it all go into the ether thats up to them.
Just For One Day...
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Oh, my. Just entered the forum this morning after a few days of inactivity and found out this.

Has anyone tried to reach Jamie and Enoch by mail? I guess someone already has, to no avail, but I think we should try to do a common push to reach them before the forum goes offline. Maybe write a standard mail and send it from our accounts?

Whatever has happened between them does certainly look odd -they were still talking fondly of each other in their last few posts from late September and early October. Enoch made a reference to Jamie's wedding present at 00:35 (all times UTC+1) on October 3, his final post. Then the @f1rejects Twitter account announced the site went temporarily offline at 04:08 on October 3, and later again at 08:16 on October 12, when it was announced that the site would remain offline due to "the circumstances that the led to [it] being largely closed in the past week". This was six days after Jamie banned Enoch, which itself was three days after the site went offline. This makes me wonder whether those things are related or not: as the site went offline before the ban, it would seem that "the circumstances" are unrelated to any fallout between Jamie and Enoch.

I also remember there was a post from Kuwashima explaining there would be no Russian GP podcast, I presume it was from around October 12 like the Twitter communication, but it has disappeared now.

Anyway, while I would hope that the ban is not what it looks, and that it's down to some cracker taking control of Enoch's account and Jamie disallowing it for prevention, or something like that, after two weeks we should have known something. Everything points in the direction of the forum living on borrowed time, and we should start moving on to find a new place before it's too late. I know nothing about setting up websites, but I volunteer myself to send a mail to as many forumers as I can, explaining the recent developments and passing the link to the new website to them. Maybe we can start using this backup for a start: http://f1rejectsbackup.forumotion.com/
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I will email Jamie later this morning .
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote: